Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,625 members, 7,816,572 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please (34668 Views)

Relationship Is For Those Who Are Willing And Ready To Forgive Each Other / Mature Minds . Strictly For Adults / What Is Your Craziest Sexual Experience? Mature Minds Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by Acidosis(m): 11:29am On Jun 11, 2015
aameyah:

Would you prefer she spent the 7 years with 7 different guys?
I'll prefer she spent the 7 years building a career, business, or with her family.

1 Like

Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by jashar(f): 11:41am On Jun 11, 2015
OP, have you left him yet?
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by aameyah(f): 11:45am On Jun 11, 2015
believer01:
I won't try that cos I have seen 2different cases of the ladies proposing and making all the arrangements for the wedding but the husbands refuse to show up in the church. When the husbands were later questioned they said nd I quote "I am not ready" imagine d disgrace. Thanks for your advised anyways I will ask him if I am included in his future.

Don't say you will never find anyone like him. You will find better sef.
I remember when my corper boyfriend told me Then he wasn't ready for marriage after 2 years of dating. He was my first boyfriend and I dated him exclusively during service and 1 year after service.
If I had left earlier the first time he gave me an inkling he wasn't ready, I'd have at least had a nice time during my service year.
Instead I was busy cooking and feeling like a responsible wife. I believed in him so much. Mind you, he didn't act the responsible husband by buying the Food or dropping Food money.
I had guys dying for me But I ignored them all.

Fast forward to the 2nd year anniversary of that relationship. He told me he didn't want to tie me down and that We transition into an open relationship whereby I'm dating him But if any guy comes to me for marriage, I should marry. We hadn't even seen physically after service, when I'd tearfully bade him bye.

No one in my family knew him. And this was 2 years after.

For me, that was the last straw. Why didn't you tell me all the time We were at service? Why after 2 years?
It wasn't an easy decision to take But for me, it was all or nothing. I Can't be with you and still be available for another man. I don't roll like that.
So I broke up with him....

TO BE CONTINUED....

NB - I think that was What he expected shaaa
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by iyobs7(f): 11:49am On Jun 11, 2015
Sexxkillz:
Your relationship isn't static. It's not even dying. . . Your relationship is dead.

That guy has someone else in mind. He wants you to leave at your own volition. It's good you've started using your common sense since God will not send an angel from heaven to talk to you.

How will you tell me that after 7 years of dating and sleeping with someone, after being with him from 100 level thru NYSC, after him meeting your family twice, after the plans you both have made towards marriage and he suddenly develops cold feet and picks a fight anytime you mention marriage, that all is well? What millions is he waiting to make? How much is bride price? What is actually the difference between marrying you as a wife, and all the fvcking and living together you two have been doing for 7 years? Why is he suddenly scared of committing to you in marriage, after committing to you and your punanny for 7 previous years?

I smell rotten catfish. And my nose never fails me.

Listen to me and listen good. A 7 year old child is now in primary 3. Next year, he or she will be in primary 4. Stop waiting for what will never be. Why do you want to wait for someone who isn't ready to discuss his future with you in it? Do you really want a hand writing on your mirror before you activate your number 6?

If you've been getting serious offers from other guys, stop turning them down and start paying them attention. Your happiness here is key. Make yourself happy. Why should your happiness depend on one man who doesn't want to discuss his future with you in it? Why do you want to wait for a selfish man who cares only about his millions? Do you not know that after he makes his millions, he's gonna dump you? Do you not know?

If you wait, you'll regret. He has already left you, but you are yet to get the confirmation, or as we say in banking terms, you never receive the alert. . .

Highly volatile combustible and valid
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by Oluwaplumpie(m): 11:59am On Jun 11, 2015
believer01:
i am a regular member on nairaland and i create this user to remain anonymous. i need mature guys and ladies to advise me on a way forward.
dont mind my grammar and typographical errors

i have been dating this guy since our 100level days in school, most people fear in school is that school relationships ends at the gate but our did'nt end at the gate. we went for youth service and still continue with our lovelife though the relationship was collapsing during service year but we built it up again and everything was okay after service. i happened to serve in his state and i was retained after service which makes us to start staying in the same town.
In school all our focus was to finish school, serve and get a good job. marriage was not really discussed cos i was thinking it was too early and since we were doing fine for 7years i believe marriage is inevitable (i hope that word is correctly use). there is one thing i discovered after service
1. he is not ready to talk about marriage not because he is tired of me or anything (cos i know i am one of the best things that has happened to him) but cos he believe he must have millions of naira in his account.
2. he believes the tradition of not marrying early in his family could also delay his marriage even though i have met almost all his family members.
3. he brings up quarrel or another issue when i bring up visiting my family even though he has met them twice.

my questions:
1. should i wait till "forever" when he will be ready to discuss/ready for the marriage?
2. i love him but now i have offers from different guys and i know the offers won't last forever(i have turn down 2 already). should i stay and pray he comes to his senses or leave him?
3. we are so closed to each other and understand each other so well that it will be difficult to understand anyone else like that.
4. am not against him having millions of naira but "money is never enough" his friends that are not as okay as himself are getting married already.
5. am not trying to rush him into marriage but how am i to know i won't regret waiting until when he will be ready? what if he leaves me after the long wait?

7years relationship now. plssss no insult we all do crazy things for love but we learn everyday and i believe this forum will give me the candid answer i seek
what is this thing with ladies and this "I have offers from different guys"? How can u compare them to what u have carefully nurtured over a seven year period? Are ur lives really all about marriage? Why do women see marriage as an achievement? One they cannot do without or one they must do 'on time'?
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by blakky97(m): 12:17pm On Jun 11, 2015
believer01:
I won't try that cos I have seen 2different cases of the ladies proposing and making all the arrangements for the wedding but the husbands refuse to show up in the church. When the husbands were later questioned they said nd I quote "I am not ready" imagine d disgrace. Thanks for your advised anyways I will ask him if I am included in his future.
Okay persuade ur dad to assist him in his business so he gets rich on time. Do you love him? Then do it for love. 2pac said " what you can doooooooo, do for love, you've tried every thing, but you don't give uppppp"
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by believer01: 12:24pm On Jun 11, 2015
aameyah:

I remember when my corper boyfriend told me Then he wasn't ready for marriage after 2 years of dating. He was my first boyfriend and I dated him exclusively during service and 1 year after service.
If I had left earlier the first time he gave me an inkling he wasn't ready, I'd have at least had a nice time during my service year.
Instead I was busy cooking and feeling like a responsible wife. I believed in him so much. Mind you, he didn't act the responsible husband by buying the Food or dropping Food money.

Fast forward to the 2nd year anniversary of that relationship. He told me he didn't want to tie me down and that We transition into an open relationship whereby I'm dating him But if any guy comes to me for marriage, I should marry. We hadn't even seen physically after service, when I'd tearfully bade him bye.

For me, that was the last straw. Why didn't you tell me all the time We were at service? Why after 2 years?
It wasn't an easy decision to take But for me, it was all or nothing. I Can't be with you and still be available for another man. I don't roll like that.

TO BE CONTINUED....

PLS FINISH YOUR STORY
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by believer01: 12:24pm On Jun 11, 2015
blakky97:

Okay persuade ur dad to assist him in his business so he gets rich on time. Do you love him? Then do it for love. 2pac said " what you can doooooooo, do for love, you've tried every thing, but you don't give uppppp"
THANK YOU
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by blakky97(m): 12:25pm On Jun 11, 2015
believer01:
THANK YOU

Okay na you know na.
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by aameyah(f): 12:45pm On Jun 11, 2015
believer01:
PLS FINISH YOUR STORY
I'm in a moving car Please. Will do that Once I'm home.
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 11, 2015
blakky97:

@believer01 do not try this. He has not asked for your help. Don't fall into transactional relationship where you expect him to marry you because your father helped him. Unless you are helping him out of the goodness of your heart from one human to another but not because you want him to hurry the hell up and marry you. You are not this desperate the world is full of men this man has a right to choose to marry you or not because you've been together for seven years does not automatically mean he owes you the rest of his life. Happily you are still young, fresh and beautiful. If you like you can inform him of your desire to get married and if he is not ready you start dating other available men just as he does not owe you his life you do not owe him your life.

Has it even occurred to you that it could easily have been you who does not want to marry him now or ever would you have felt obligated to marry him? and even if you marry him out of some false sense of obligation would you, could you have been happy? Would you marry a man just because he set up a business for you?

If he does not want to marry you now or ever it is not the end of you again you are young, fresh and beautiful you can even do yourself a makeover if you like.You want a man who is happy, eager to marry you not one you had to persuade, manipulate into marriage or someone who is marrying you out of some false sense of obligation.

Whatever the result of your talks with him Believer01 believe in yourself and go rock your life.
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by tommychow(m): 2:09pm On Jun 11, 2015
When she leaves him, the dude will come on NL to make a thread, "my gf of 7 years left me because I couldn't make millions on time". Then, NL guys will be ranting about how she's a gold digger.

Trust me, only God can solve your problem. This is coming from someone who isn't even a strong Christian. Everyone is acting all Dr. Phil on you, giving you their predictions. How can you trust them with your life and act on their advices? YOLO!
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by blakky97(m): 2:14pm On Jun 11, 2015
andromida:

@believer01 do not try this. He has not asked for your help. Don't fall into transactional relationship where you expect him to marry you because your father helped him. Unless you are helping him out of the goodness of your heart from one human to another but not because you want him to hurry the hell up and marry you. You are not this desperate the world is full of men this man has a right to choose to marry you or not because you've been together for seven years does not automatically mean he owes you the rest of his life. Happily you are still young, fresh and beautiful. If you like you can inform him of your desire to get married and if he is not ready you start dating other available men just as he does not owe you his life you do not owe him your life.

Has it even occurred to you that it could easily have been you who does not want to marry him now or ever would you have felt obligated to marry him? and even if you marry him out of some false sense of obligation would you, could you have been happy? Would you marry a man just because he set up a business for you?

If he does not want to marry you now or ever it is not the end of you again you are young, fresh and beautiful you can even do yourself a makeover if you like.You want a man who is happy, eager to marry you not one you had to persuade, manipulate into marriage or someone who is marrying you out of some false sense of obligation.

Whatever the result of your talks with him Believer01 believe in yourself and go rock your life.

I took time to check your profile and saw something that says you're an estate developer. or at least an agent. we could do something that will fetch us money. if you dont mind we chat over bbm. forget about this topic of marrying him or father assistance. lets talk legit money here. im sure you love it right? that means we have something in common. btw; that house in gwarimpa, has it been sold? see what I mean? permit me and I'll send you my pin or an invitation as you deem fit. lastly; im very decent. so dont worry yourself.
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jun 11, 2015
Billyonaire:
@believer01

I do not believe you should wait one more day. He doesnt need millions to say "I will marry you". When I told my girl that I will marry her, I didnt have 100k in my name. Today I am billionaire and she lives the best life any human being can dream of. My suggestion is...Move on today, if he is really into you, he will do the needful. Love blinds, but is not blind. Open your scientific eyes and see the signs. Money is just an excuse, and he also sold you a dummy that his family marries late. It means you can leave if you cant wait.
Sir, How did u make ur billions please, can I just PM you, I need to make millions b4 30.
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by JLM(f): 10:09pm On Jun 11, 2015
aameyah:

TO BE CONTINUED....

OMG my dear sis dis is really terrible, hmm am so glad dat i wasnt more than d 2 years 4 u! U see wetin I don de talk since? make this gal no fall my hand o. Menn, to dem love is bedmatics and food shikenan, most times any woman dat can wash cook , has a job will do, dats y ladies should be very carefull n not oo sentimental ,wen it comes to marriage remove sentiment, think clearly n maturedly and ask God for direction.
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jun 11, 2015
Acidosis:

Would you settle for someone you don't love to avoid downsizing?
shit happens
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by senjuma: 12:00am On Jun 12, 2015
hmmn..i can only imagine ur dilema..7 or 8 years is not a small journey really and that makes it more tasking for u having gone this far together...relationship evolves overtime but shouldn't take too long period to determine its direction which I think is d mistake here.. both of ur values for d relationship might have changed and defer considerably overtime without u realizing it especially when there are too many assumptions rather than working with some good level of facts and realities..I think at this point uv got to put emotions aside and be more firm and decisive in determining d course of d relationship..be determined to maintain or change ur course as d case may be depending on ur conviction..relationships come to serve different purposes not necessarily to end in marriage..please take Sunny's advice and consider other people's good opinions too..take time to pray about it..wish u all d best!
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by believer01: 8:20am On Jun 12, 2015
Thank you all I really appreciate all your contributions and advise. You all gave me courage to face my fear I wasn't wrong when I said I believe I can get a candid advise from the forum. Thanks a million.
Going back to my original moniker I may not reply on this again
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by Nobody: 10:55am On Jun 12, 2015
aameyah:

I'm in a moving car Please. Will do that Once I'm home.
Amee, come nd finish up ur story na, peeps like me dey wait abi ur car never stop since cheesy
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by MRBrownJ: 11:26am On Jun 12, 2015
A40:

Hahahaha couldn't have happened to a nicer person. I doubt Alonso would score a point this year. Ferrari has improved on Vettel's arrival, Red Bull has declined since Vettel's exit. Coincidence? I think not
The thread is still open check very well. I still posted about the last race in Montreal

Button did score some points so Alonso MUST score some points this yr....by fire or by force! i am going to seek fo that thread right away!

Truthfully I don't respond very well to ultimatums and emotional blackmail which is why if the guy is anything like me the girl might as well do like CeCe and keep on Walking. Women would be women and they all crave marriage at some point. I'm sure if it was a shorter relationship she wouldn't even be here asking this question, she would have since voted with her feet

exactly.....and communcication is all what is needed here, in order for all of them to be settled, once and for all.

Let's be clear I'm not saying the guy is at blame for anything. Same way the girl has every right to walk out of this relationship if its not going to have a desirable outcome for her. They should be willing to meet each other halfway.

i agree...... but sadly, sometimes the misplaced ego of men will get in the way, and thus, they would rather let go of that r/ship than live a life which is below their expectations. as i always say, it has to FEEL RIGHT for you before you do anything in this world, whether 3,7 or 20 yrs dating.

@JLM
you sound like a woman who is trying to sell a product that is getting closer to its sell by date? i suggest you women focus on being HAPPY first, it will do you a lot of good... because, if desperately seeking for a man to accept you as a bride, is solely what you do during these "prime" years of yours, then i am sorry to say that you are wasting them away. be happy with who you are as a person, be content with what you got and what you have achieved, count your blessings, focus on you etc.... and when you do, find someone who will possibly love you as much as you love yourself.... instead of seeking for someone to make you a "seemingly" valuable being.

if you believe that most r/ship must end up in marriage, then you do live in fantasyland.
if you believe that most r/ship over a certain period of time must end up in marriage then you are living in desperation land.
if you believe that marriage must be rushed because a woman gets older (aka body clock) then i can only weep for the miserable union you will end up into, as soon as you marry the donkey that decided to settle with you.

a man is not ready to marry a certain lady, he makes it CLEAR that he needs some foundations before he does (anyone thinking of marrying someone without any is a damn fool)....and therefore, he sticks to his goals/aim in life. how more of a clear picture do you think the OP needs here?! our forefathers had better foundations in their lives, better MINDSET, and they lived in a time where people valued each other for the RIGHT reasons. you cant compare these great people with the miserable ones who live today.
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by Acidosis(m): 12:23pm On Jun 12, 2015
nma24:
shit happens
hmmn
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 12, 2015
believer01:
i am a regular member on nairaland and i create this user to remain anonymous. i need mature guys and ladies to advise me on a way forward.
dont mind my grammar and typographical errors

i have been dating this guy since our 100level days in school, most people fear in school is that school relationships ends at the gate but our did'nt end at the gate. we went for youth service and still continue with our lovelife though the relationship was collapsing during service year but we built it up again and everything was okay after service. i happened to serve in his state and i was retained after service which makes us to start staying in the same town.
In school all our focus was to finish school, serve and get a good job. marriage was not really discussed cos i was thinking it was too early and since we were doing fine for 7years i believe marriage is inevitable (i hope that word is correctly use). there is one thing i discovered after service
1. he is not ready to talk about marriage not because he is tired of me or anything (cos i know i am one of the best things that has happened to him) but cos he believe he must have millions of naira in his account.
2. he believes the tradition of not marrying early in his family could also delay his marriage even though i have met almost all his family members.
3. he brings up quarrel or another issue when i bring up visiting my family even though he has met them twice.

my questions:
1. should i wait till "forever" when he will be ready to discuss/ready for the marriage?
2. i love him but now i have offers from different guys and i know the offers won't last forever(i have turn down 2 already). should i stay and pray he comes to his senses or leave him?
3. we are so closed to each other and understand each other so well that it will be difficult to understand anyone else like that.
4. am not against him having millions of naira but "money is never enough" his friends that are not as okay as himself are getting married already.
5. am not trying to rush him into marriage but how am i to know i won't regret waiting until when he will be ready? what if he leaves me after the long wait?

7years relationship now. plssss no insult we all do crazy things for love but we learn everyday and i believe this forum will give me the candid answer i seek

First of all if this guy doesn't know how blessed he is to be with someone he loves & who loves him back even when he is not yet where he wants to be its a shame.Well he is lucky.Now to your questions

1.Waiting forever might mean waiting in vain..so sister no try am na O.Y.O be that.

2.Those offers will cease to come at some point cos i blv that what radiates from you gets to others like the scent of fragrance.If you keep turning every down,giving cold shoulders, soon u will become like a guy repellant if u get what i mean..guys would start avoiding u like bad news.My advise for you here is sit ur current boyfriend and agree on an open relationship where u both are free to date other ppl whether u have sex with them or not is nobody's biz.

3.Who says it would be difficult to understand another when u hv never even tried to.? there is a thing called chemistry even when its just the first date u would both feel as if u hv known each other for ages..but u wouldn't know cos u've been flogging that same old dead horse.

4.Man must hold him side one kind at least & everyone of us sane guys wants to be rich and get married to their dream girl,protect and provide for her and the kids,grow in love daily but I swear to God if you have one of these two(either riches or the dream girl)You must make some moves naa to that end..and sorry to say except the guy doesn't have plans for u in his future he go don even do introduction at all at all..if not,God go win.

5.Don't rush him it will make u desperate and wtv...but let him know how u feel about the whole settings and ask him that u need to know where u stand 7 yrs no be joke ooo ahhh

Men dey pray the girl come before the major cheese so that e go easy to know how the true love thing them dey talk about dey go him dey there dey slack,except you get comma when u no gree tell us oo lipsrsealed..all the best sha

1 Like

Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by believer01: 3:28pm On Jun 12, 2015
runnazz:

First of all if this guy doesn't know how blessed he is to be with someone he loves & who loves him back even when he is not yet where he wants to be its a shame.Well he is lucky.Now to your questions

1.Waiting forever might mean waiting in vain..so sister no try am na O.Y.O be that.

2.Those offers will cease to come at some point cos i blv that what radiates from you gets to others like the scent of fragrance.If you keep turning every down,giving cold shoulders, soon u will become like a guy repellant if u get what i mean..guys would start avoiding u like bad news.My advise for you here is sit ur current boyfriend and agree on an open relationship where u both are free to date other ppl whether u have sex with them or not is nobody's biz.

3.Who says it would be difficult to understand another when u hv never even tried to.? there is a thing called chemistry even when its just the first date u would both feel as if u hv known each other for ages..but u wouldn't know cos u've been flogging that same old dead horse.

4.Man must hold him side one kind at least & everyone of us sane guys wants to be rich and get married to their dream girl,protect and provide for her and the kids,grow in love daily but I swear to God if you have one of these two(either riches or the dream girl)You must make some moves naa to that end..and sorry to say except the guy doesn't have plans for u in his future he go don even do introduction at all at all..if not,God go win.

5.Don't rush him it will make u desperate and wtv...but let him know how u feel about the whole settings and ask him that u need to know where u stand 7 yrs no be joke ooo ahhh

Men dey pray the girl come before the major cheese so that e go easy to know how the true love thing them dey talk about dey go him dey there dey slack,except you get comma when u no gree tell us oo lipsrsealed..all the best sha
thank you
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 12, 2015
believer01:
thank you

U welcome smiley
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by aameyah(f): 12:00am On Jun 13, 2015
Ehennn. I'm back. Sorry for the break in transmission.

STORY CONTINUED.

Like I said I think he actually expected me to call off the so called relationship at his suggestion of an open relationship.

After the break up i was like, Haaa! At that point, I was searching for a job on the internet. Where will I meet somebody else when I'm a recluse that rarely goes out?

I had gone to Sec school, uni and finally service. Here i was, I was as single as I'd ever been. My aunty had even started raising my Name in marriage prayer points in her house. Infact, one of the pictures I'd exchanged with her daughter was being used as the point of contact.cheesy

Take note that this wasn't because there was desperation, But the fact that they had never seen me with a guy called boyfriend. Remember I said my corper never met ANY of my folks.

And when it gets to point, where a man you care so much about is so flippant about your emotions, you tend to think of many different things.
Choi. Is it that I Can't keep a man? Am i so unlovable?
But What was a woman supposed to do that I didn't do? I had cooked, had intelligent convos, looked sexy. I had even knelt to apologize on a certain occasion. Take note I was a very young corper, who looked very young and innocent. Everything I did was out of love., pure love.

The way I felt was like attending a wedding. Imagine You get all sorts of dishes offered you. But you decline Because your friend who is sister to the bride promised you a special plate of Food.
After everything, she walks up to you that Food is finished.

That was How I felt Because of all the toasters I'd turned down for him. Because even before We started the relationship, I told him I wasn't out to play. Yet, here he was telling me stories that touch after 2 years.

Nairalanders, If you think two years wasn't a long time, Please dash me 24 hrs that you have created!

I dey come.
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by aameyah(f): 12:03am On Jun 13, 2015
JLM:

OMG my dear sis dis is really terrible, hmm am so glad dat i wasnt more than d 2 years 4 u! U see wetin I don de talk since? make this gal no fall my hand o. Menn, to dem love is bedmatics and food shikenan, most times any woman dat can wash cook , has a job will do, dats y ladies should be very carefull n not oo sentimental ,wen it comes to marriage remove sentiment, think clearly n maturedly and ask God for direction.

My dear, na so i see am o. One needs to be logical in acting with guys ooo
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by aameyah(f): 12:04am On Jun 13, 2015
jimmy4x:

Amee, come nd finish up ur story na, peeps like me dey wait abi ur car never stop since cheesy

I Don kontinucheesy
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by aameyah(f): 12:05am On Jun 13, 2015
believer01:
PLS FINISH YOUR STORY
Please see above.cheesy
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by A40(m): 1:13am On Jun 13, 2015
MRBrownJ:

Button did score some points so Alonso MUST score some points this yr....by fire or by force! i am going to seek fo that thread right away!

exactly.....and communcication is all what is needed here, in order for all of them to be settled, once and for all.

i agree...... but sadly, sometimes the misplaced ego of men will get in the way, and thus, they would rather let go of that r/ship than live a life which is below their expectations. as i always say, it has to FEEL RIGHT for you before you do anything in this world, whether 3,7 or 20 yrs dating.

@JLM
you sound like a woman who is trying to sell a product that is getting closer to its sell by date? i suggest you women focus on being HAPPY first, it will do you a lot of good... because, if desperately seeking for a man to accept you as a bride, is solely what you do during these "prime" years of yours, then i am sorry to say that you are wasting them away. be happy with who you are as a person, be content with what you got and what you have achieved, count your blessings, focus on you etc.... and when you do, find someone who will possibly love you as much as you love yourself.... instead of seeking for someone to make you a "seemingly" valuable being.

if you believe that most r/ship must end up in marriage, then you do live in fantasyland.
if you believe that most r/ship over a certain period of time must end up in marriage then you are living in desperation land.
if you believe that marriage must be rushed because a woman gets older (aka body clock) then i can only weep for the miserable union you will end up into, as soon as you marry the donkey that decided to settle with you.

a man is not ready to marry a certain lady, he makes it CLEAR that he needs some foundations before he does (anyone thinking of marrying someone without any is a damn fool)....and therefore, he sticks to his goals/aim in life. how more of a clear picture do you think the OP needs here?! our forefathers had better foundations in their lives, better MINDSET, and they lived in a time where people valued each other for the RIGHT reasons. you cant compare these great people with the miserable ones who live today.

I might not be married but I've seen my fair share and what I have come to realize is every woman loves 'Security' don't forget this an African society that places heavy emphasis on a woman getting married at a certain age. Its one thing to be the object of scorn and ridicule to strangers and mere acquaintances its another when its coming from your own blood who should know better. There are different rules for guys and girls that is why I can openly tell my folks I'm not ready for marriage and they don't sniff but a girl my age cannot try that (I have numerous gfs who are now married so I can relate better than most)

It takes a woman with superhuman emotional and mental fortitude to be able to hold her head high and not bow to these societal cliches

For me this is a very simple issue that we are just blowing unnecessary grammar on. Just like you I don't believe any man is compelled to marry a woman regardless of the duration of the relationship but it would be unfair to expect loyalty from such woman when the man in question has not made any commitment formal or informal. Marriages and relationships are a form of contract whether you like it or not and each party has their role to play
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by Femistico(m): 1:39pm On Jun 19, 2015
ForteNL:

Lol. Divine street, just opposite Baba God
ok babe...stay blessed with baba God and help me say hi to him...tell him say life no easy ooo...we still dey street..
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by Cavenchy(m): 3:40pm On Jun 20, 2015
Femistico:

@ ur dp, pls which street for heaven cuz u too pretty to be ignored after checking out ur pix..

Haha! Don't let make-up fool ya bro, these girls can look like beyonce if they have the proper skills to handle the brush and pen and liner. Btw, this one looks okay though. Just saying in a more general sense.

1 Like

Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by Nobody: 10:04am On Jun 22, 2015
Femistico:

ok babe...stay blessed with baba God and help me say hi to him...tell him say life no easy ooo...we still dey street..

Lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Video Of The Young Couple Who Got Married At 21 / First love. / My Husband Is Drinking My Menstrual Blood And Urine – Woman Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.