Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please (34656 Views)

Relationship Is For Those Who Are Willing And Ready To Forgive Each Other / Mature Minds . Strictly For Adults / What Is Your Craziest Sexual Experience? Mature Minds Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by kilokeys(m): 9:06pm On Jun 10, 2015
Sexxkillz:
Your relationship isn't static. It's not even dying. . . Your relationship is dead.

That guy has someone else in mind. He wants you to leave at your own volition. It's good you've started using your common sense since God will not send an angel from heaven to talk to you.

How will you tell me that after 7 years of dating and sleeping with someone, after being with him from 100 level thru NYSC, after him meeting your family twice, after the plans you both have made towards marriage and he suddenly develops cold feet and picks a fight anytime you mention marriage, that all is well? What millions is he waiting to make? How much is bride price? What is actually the difference between marrying you as a wife, and all the fvcking and living together you two have been doing for 7 years? Why is he suddenly scared of committing to you in marriage, after committing to you and your punanny for 7 previous years?

I smell rotten catfish. And my nose never fails me.

Listen to me and listen good. A 7 year old child is now in primary 3. Next year, he or she will be in primary 4. Stop waiting for what will never be. Why do you want to wait for someone who isn't ready to discuss his future with you in it? Do you really want a hand writing on your mirror before you activate your number 6?

If you've been getting serious offers from other guys, stop turning them down and start paying them attention. Your happiness here is key. Make yourself happy. Why should your happiness depend on one man who doesn't want to discuss his future with you in it? Why do you want to wait for a selfish man who cares only about his millions? Do you not know that after he makes his millions, he's gonna dump you? Do you not know?

If you wait, you'll regret. He has already left you, but you are yet to get the confirmation, or as we say in banking terms, you never receive the alert. . .

Our oga
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by BobUg28(m): 9:12pm On Jun 10, 2015
First of all;

1.I want to know what you actually wish to make out of the relationship with him.

2.Do you really want the relationship to lead to marriage?

3.Have you declared your intention to to him?

Seven years isn't seven months, you have actually waited for long in that your relationship. And it takes only a virtuous lady like you to trust/love a man to that extent irrespective of the advances you have getting from your male-admirers.

My dear, you have waited for too long! It's the high time you talk out things with him. You need to ask him the plans he has for you.

Waiting too long like that as a lady isn't good unlike the male folks. I know ladies and the issue they have when it comes to age.
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by folalek(f): 9:14pm On Jun 10, 2015
believer01:
thank you but won't people see me as a wicked person if i end 7years relationship without even listening to my reasons
A broken relationship is better than a broken marriage n pls do seek Gods guidance n n wat is d best for u he knows ur Adam.
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by Christyanna(f): 9:16pm On Jun 10, 2015
Sexxkillz:
Your relationship isn't static. It's not even dying. . . Your relationship is dead.

That guy has someone else in mind. He wants you to leave at your own volition. It's good you've started using your common sense since God will not send an angel from heaven to talk to you.

How will you tell me that after 7 years of dating and sleeping with someone, after being with him from 100 level thru NYSC, after him meeting your family twice, after the plans you both have made towards marriage and he suddenly develops cold feet and picks a fight anytime you mention marriage, that all is well? What millions is he waiting to make? How much is bride price? What is actually the difference between marrying you as a wife, and all the fvcking and living together you two have been doing for 7 years? Why is he suddenly scared of committing to you in marriage, after committing to you and your punanny for 7 previous years?

I smell rotten catfish. And my nose never fails me.

Listen to me and listen good. A 7 year old child is now in primary 3. Next year, he or she will be in primary 4. Stop waiting for what will never be. Why do you want to wait for someone who isn't ready to discuss his future with you in it? Do you really want a hand writing on your mirror before you activate your number 6?

If you've been getting serious offers from other guys, stop turning them down and start paying them attention. Your happiness here is key. Make yourself happy. Why should your happiness depend on one man who doesn't want to discuss his future with you in it? Why do you want to wait for a selfish man who cares only about his millions? Do you not know that after he makes his millions, he's gonna dump you? Do you not know?

If you wait, you'll regret. He has already left you, but you are yet to get the confirmation, or as we say in banking terms, you never receive the alert. . .
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by sunsewa: 9:18pm On Jun 10, 2015
from my experience, I will advice u to quit the relationship, and settle down,my wife was my girlfriend back then in IMT Enugu,but I was above her wt three levels, I left school 2001 and traveled out 2003 and came back 2005 to perform her traditional wedn at the age of 29, while she was 26,It was not easy,the sacrifices was a lot from my side to see to the realisation of marring her,with her continuous pressure on me,first instead of searching for job,I left country so I could meet up,secondly I came back to the country earlier than I wish in financial angle just to meet up,so analyse my efforts and check his,I mean zeal,then again ur age now means u are in ur peak, when suitors will be flooding around,then u will be waiting for him to make millions, the millions other people tried having b4 marriage but did not succeed,meanwhile he forgets that the millions might come after marriage, it's always difficult for age mates or school mates to marry,so do the needful and sorrow today, than to sorrow tomorrow when all hope are lost.

1 Like

Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by MRBrownJ: 9:28pm On Jun 10, 2015
lovemode:
and wats d guarantee dat after making d millions he will not dumb her and marry someone else?

there is no guarantee to that, but if we are now focus on guarantees and desperation because of body clock, INSTEAD OF love and being with someone that you can DIE for, then really....... whats the point of getting married then?

...we know ur type....millions can't be achieved with hard work alone its only gods blessing and favour dat last a life time

yet, in your mind, if "Gods blessings" dont come after 7yrs, you must look elsewhere?! what if it was "Gods decision" that this union dont have money, does that means this lady should go for greener pastures?

......am not just insupport of a lady waiting for a guy dats not on dsame page with her wen it comes to marriage.

dont you think that a lady should confirm what page her man his on before "assuming" that marriage after 7yrs is INEVITABLE, as the OP wrote?
remember, they never talked about marriage before.

millions can come anytime wether married or not...it depends on ur destiny......if u like work from now till 50years if u arnt destined to make millions u won't make it.

so what you are now saying is that not having money is ok so long as there is marriage? but what if someone DESIRES to have some financial stability before they get married and start a family, would you say it is wrong? why should it automatically be the desperate women's way and nothing else?!

although getting married could be free in 9ja, we all know what "getting married" in 9ja means. you ladies want the big wedding so you can boast to the whole world that you are "seemingly" happy, even if you aint. it is women's insecurity and desperation that have all of you act foolishly in the name of marriage.

if you REALLY love someone (as the OP said she did) then she wouldnt really care if they were married or not, and she would certainly "understand" her man.....and wait for him to be ready for marriage (why the rush anyway, if not body clock pressure?). just because she is ready after 7yrs, does NOT mean everyone should be. since when is 7yrs the benchmarks on dating limits before marriage? it is insecurity and desperation that have all you women marry the 1st donkeys out there, and then be miserable all your lives, instead of being reasonable about the issue. they both dreamed of a good job for 7 long yrs and, out of desperation, she now want them to marry (and subsequently have children) even if their goals are not met. yet you people are blaming the guy for sticking to their lifelong goals, haba!

no wonder the saying goes:" some women out there are just good at KILLING A MAN'S DREAM AND ASPIRATIONS!
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by noblegrex: 9:29pm On Jun 10, 2015
Women n their wahalah,b4 marriage palava after marriage trouble,well as for me I have similar opinion with that guy so,if u like u leave bt b sure b4 u do so. Co I love my woman so much bt I need cash to maintain our love I share that guy feelings. I guess this lady here is just feeling insecured n mayb alittle bit selfish.cos love without cash might turn to hatred,sorrow n eventual separation so plan b4 anything.like I said B SURE B4 u leave may seek advance advice other than Nairaland cos u won't get your enswers even if its seems like it.b wise girl. E no easy
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by Majesty82(m): 9:33pm On Jun 10, 2015
believer01:
i am a regular member on nairaland and i create this user to remain anonymous. i need mature guys and ladies to advise me on a way forward.
dont mind my grammar and typographical errors

i have been dating this guy since our 100level days in school, most people fear in school is that school relationships ends at the gate but our did'nt end at the gate. we went for youth service and still continue with our lovelife though the relationship was collapsing during service year but we built it up again and everything was okay after service. i happened to serve in his state and i was retained after service which makes us to start staying in the same town.
In school all our focus was to finish school, serve and get a good job. marriage was not really discussed cos i was thinking it was too early and since we were doing fine for 7years i believe marriage is inevitable (i hope that word is correctly use). there is one thing i discovered after service
1. he is not ready to talk about marriage not because he is tired of me or anything (cos i know i am one of the best things that has happened to him) but cos he believe he must have millions of naira in his account.
2. he believes the tradition of not marrying early in his family could also delay his marriage even though i have met almost all his family members.
3. he brings up quarrel or another issue when i bring up visiting my family even though he has met them twice.

my questions:
1. should i wait till "forever" when he will be ready to discuss/ready for the marriage?
2. i love him but now i have offers from different guys and i know the offers won't last forever(i have turn down 2 already). should i stay and pray he comes to his senses or leave him?
3. we are so closed to each other and understand each other so well that it will be difficult to understand anyone else like that.
4. am not against him having millions of naira but "money is never enough" his friends that are not as okay as himself are getting married already.
5. am not trying to rush him into marriage but how am i to know i won't regret waiting until when he will be ready? what if he leaves me after the long wait?

7years relationship now. plssss no insult we all do crazy things for love but we learn everyday and i believe this forum will give me the candid answer i seek
Believe me, that guy will never marry you. Reasons.................... He is not afraid of losing you to other serious guys that may be your destined husband that's why he refuses to Discuss you future with you. 2 did i hear you shouting 7yrs of dating (sex) without marriage? Hmmm what a mistakes dear. What he is suppose to pay before getting it, he has gotten it b4 the payments so it will only take the grace of God before that guy discuss marriages with you. My advice to you is summon courage and quit now or..................

1 Like

Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by believer01: 9:37pm On Jun 10, 2015
frankgreat:
just like that? You just concluded all because he said so? Have you asked yourself, what if am wrong? It's 7 years not days or month. He is now part of your life, what is the assurance that d next guy won't use u nd dump u? Follow by d next and d next after? My dear, I hope dis ain't late already buh don't listen to those telling you to move on....cos it's not easy out dere...it will b very hard for u to trust nd luv anoda man dis way...Try nd figure out wat d real problem is b4 u decide...thanks
when I said I will take the next step I did nt mean am ending the relationship just like that. I will sit him down and make sure we iron it out,understand each other and the outcome will tell me my next step.
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by bamite(m): 9:37pm On Jun 10, 2015
Andrew114:
op u are a graduate and u are not sure if the word "inevitable"as use by u is rightly place.SMH.wel my advise for u is dat since u knw he truely loves u ,try and discuss the issue with him and let him knw dat money arn't everything but if he is adamant,then tel him dat u want to quit and see his reaction
Its as used not 'as use'. Since u're an english prof u shld hv known better.. Smh
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by stigman(m): 9:41pm On Jun 10, 2015
Aitee1:

So you have a girlfriend you've proposed to, why then the countless pm

Is it a crime to do so? So sending pm means that I want to sleep with u abi
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by dancoolD(m): 9:42pm On Jun 10, 2015
Pls let me ask you these question .(1) is God involve in the relationship ? (2) has he ever tel you that , he want you to be the mother of his children ? (3) has he ever use the word ' i wil be wit u forever ? (3) are you dating or you are courting ? (4) did your pastor knws about the relationship ? (5) are you sure is the will of God for him to marry you ? (6) how old are you ma ? If you can answer these question corretly , you may go on your kneel at tel God about it, may God lead you right in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jun 10, 2015
believer01:
i am a regular member on nairaland and i create this user to remain anonymous. i need mature guys and ladies to advise me on a way forward.

i have been dating this guy since our 100level days in school, most people fear in school is that school relationships ends at the gate but our did'nt end at the gate. we went for youth service and still continue with our lovelife though the relationship was collapsing during service year but we built it up again and everything was okay after service. i happened to serve in his state and i was retained after service which makes us to start staying in the same town.
In school all our focus was to finish school, serve and get a good job. marriage was not really discussed cos i was thinking it was too early and since we were doing fine for 7years i believe marriage is inevitable (i hope that word is correctly use). there is one thing i discovered after service
1. he is not ready to talk about marriage not because he is tired of me or anything (cos i know i am one of the best things that has happened to him) but cos he believe he must have millions of naira in his account.
2. he believes the tradition of not marrying early in his family could also delay his marriage even though i have met almost all his family members.
3. he brings up quarrel or another issue when i bring up visiting my family even though he has met them twice.

my questions:
1. should i wait till "forever" when he will be ready to discuss/ready for the marriage?
2. i love him but now i have offers from different guys and i know the offers won't last forever(i have turn down 2 already). should i stay and pray he comes to his senses or leave him?
3. we are so closed to each other and understand each other so well that it will be difficult to understand anyone else like that.
4. am not against him having millions of naira but "money is never enough" his friends that are not as okay as himself are getting married already.
5. am not trying to rush him into marriage but how am i to know i won't regret waiting until when he will be ready? what if he leaves me after the long wait?

7years relationship now. plssss no insult we all do crazy things for love but we learn everyday and i believe this forum will give me the candid answer i seek

I have this great relationship sermon that would be very useful to you and would help answer some of your questions but how do i send it to you? Emailllllllll
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by saasala(m): 9:49pm On Jun 10, 2015
believer01:
i almost cry while reading your comment like u feel and see what i am going through

Then follow his advice.... I am a man, and I can tell you what this guy said is 100% true. Move on baby.
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by lovemode: 9:54pm On Jun 10, 2015
MRBrownJ:

there is no guarantee to that, but if we are now focus on guarantees and desperation because of body clock, INSTEAD OF love and being with someone that you can DIE for, then really....... whats the point of getting married then?

yet, in your mind, if "Gods blessings" dont come after 7yrs, you must look elsewhere?! what if it was "Gods decision" that this union dont have money, does that means this lady should go for greener pastures?

dont you think that a lady should confirm what page her man his on before "assuming" that marriage after 7yrs is INEVITABLE, as the OP wrote?

so what you are now saying is that not having money is ok so long as there is marriage? but what if someone DESIRES to have some financial stability before they get married and start a family, would you say it is wrong? why should it automatically be the desperate women's way and nothing else?!

although getting married could be free in 9ja, we all know what "getting married" in 9ja means. you ladies want the big wedding so you can boast to the whole world that you are "seemingly" happy, even if you aint. it is women's insecurity and desperation that have all of you act foolishly in the name of marriage.

if you REALLY love someone (as the OP said she did) then she wouldnt really care if they were married or not, and she would certainly "understand" her man.....and wait for him to be ready for marriage (why the rush anyway, if not body clock pressure?). just because she is ready after 7yrs, does NOT mean everyone should be. since when is 7yrs the benchmarks on dating limits before marriage? it is insecurity and desperation that have all you women marry the 1st donkeys out there, and then be miserable all your lives, instead of being reasonable about the issue. they both dreamed of a good job for 7 long yrs and, out of desperation, she now want them to marry (and subsequently have children) even if their goals are not met. yet you people are blaming the guy for sticking to their lifelong goals, haba!

no wonder the saying goes:" some women out there are just good at KILLING A MAN'S DREAM AND ASPIRATIONS!
lol....who knows if u re d guy sef....dis ur defending means something
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by MRBrownJ: 9:55pm On Jun 10, 2015
Majesty82:
Believe me, that guy will never marry you. Reasons.................... He is not afraid of losing you to other serious guys that may be your destined husband that's why he refuses to Discuss you future with you. 2 did i hear you shouting 7yrs of dating (sex) without marriage? Hmmm what a mistakes dear. What he is suppose to pay before getting it, he has gotten it b4 the payments so it will only take the grace of God before that guy discuss marriages with you. My advice to you is summon courage and quit now or..................

so let me get this straight, your woman that you dated for 7yrs starts to evaluate worthless strangers/donkeys that are asking her hand in marriage, and therefore out of fear of losing her to these puppets, you will now discuss marriage with her?! ahahahahahahaha come on bro!
if you can lose your woman to these deadbeat useless men, then this lady was never yours to begin with, and even if she was, she would have quickly given up on the union at the sight of the slightest problem. so no man should be afraid of losing such liability of a woman, NONE!

men will ALWAYS chat your woman up (if she is a dead banger) but the important point here is NOT for you to shield her from that, oh no, the important point is for her to RESPECT herself, RESPECT you and most importantly RESPECT your union. if she is using any of these useless donkey to try to blackmail you into doing anything you are not ready to do, then she is not fit to keep as your woman. you should have enough haterz in your life, rather than having a gf who is also working against you and your goals in life.

now if she wants you guys to get married, let her bring VALID, INTELLIGENT and WORTHY points to the table as to why imminent marriage is a must in your r/ship...... or let her be quiet (or go settle herself with these donkeys)!
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by stonecoldcafe: 10:01pm On Jun 10, 2015
@believer01 my major problem is this - I can't believe you are a graduate who has finished school, graduated and gone for youth service. Education in Nigeria is gone embarassed embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided undecided embarassed
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by Acidosis(m): 10:08pm On Jun 10, 2015
nma24:
see eh, even in romance novels the hero marries the heroine at d end. So pls spare us. What's d essence of love if u won't marry d guy and continue ur relationship legally without d condescending eyes of ur social milieu downsizing u

Would you settle for someone you don't love to avoid downsizing?
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by Acidosis(m): 10:10pm On Jun 10, 2015
Neplusultra:
You have a point, u know, but she s hudnt keep waiting
hmmn
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by nwadiuko1(m): 10:10pm On Jun 10, 2015
believer01:
explain what u mean by defined relationship?
I think he means a relationship that states clearly the roles and obligations of each of the partners and of course where the relationship should/will lead to

1 Like

Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by favouryemmy: 10:28pm On Jun 10, 2015
believer01:
thank you but won't people see me as a wicked person if i end 7years relationship without even listening to my reasons
Believer, I want to believe youre really a believer and you are a child of God. Pray to God for direction and He will guide you. Ask him to give you revelations about your future with this man. You have to fast this time. Dont take a rash decision about this. From what you typed, all you've been doing have been in the physical, its time to go spiritual. If youve been sleeping with him, repent, ask for forgiveness dedicate your life to Christ and never do it again outside marriage. I wish you Gods speed.

1 Like

Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jun 10, 2015
believer01:
26yrs
what are u stil doing wit him?

1 Like

Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by Sweetrosa(f): 10:38pm On Jun 10, 2015
Sexxkillz:
You're welcome. Never ever give any man a monopoly over you. You have a choice to make. You don't have to marry someone because you dated him for 7 years, especially someone who doesn't care.

Make up your mind now, and stick to it.
just went through all your posts now.Did God give you all the wisdom in the world?

1 Like

Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by A40(m): 10:42pm On Jun 10, 2015
believer01:

my questions:

Coming from someone who has no plans to marry anytime soon. Try and find your square root.

7 years is more than enough time for a guy to know if he wants to marry you or not. If you opt to wait you might regret it for a very long time. It takes a few honest guys to tell you they are not ready to go down that route. The fact you are even the one initiating the discussion is a very bad sign and might be used against you in the future

Two questions I have to ask though:
Do you have a good paying job?
Does he have a good paying job?

Not having Millions is not a feasible excuse so long as you both have a steady flow of income.

1 Like

Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by adeiza4u(m): 10:51pm On Jun 10, 2015
believer01:
you are so right. i will take the next step thank you
I'm afraid nobody is telling u d core trueth, don't be misled in a second. Seek no advice from humans any longer. Only one authority can guard and guide you right in this ur quest. Seek for God's intervention in a genuine way!! God is REAL forever and HE is helping countless people to get it right. if really you want that marital life u desired, then seek help from the one who knows tomorrow. Only BELIEVE ma and all will come through to ur favor. GOD IS ALIVE.

2 Likes

Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 10, 2015
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Are u a Nigerian?if Yes from which State?

A pure Nigerian with green dusty passport.
State? I was in Solid state few months ago but i am now back to..............lol
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by A40(m): 11:08pm On Jun 10, 2015
MRBrownJ:

so let me get this straight, your woman that you dated for 7yrs starts to evaluate worthless strangers/donkeys that are asking her hand in marriage, and therefore out of fear of losing her to these puppets, you will now discuss marriage with her?! ahahahahahahaha come on bro!
if you can lose your woman to these deadbeat useless men, then this lady was never yours to begin with, and even if she was, she would have quickly given up on the union at the sight of the slightest problem. so no man should be afraid of losing such liability of a woman, NONE!

men will ALWAYS chat your woman up (if she is a dead banger) but the important point here is NOT for you to shield her from that, oh no, the important point is for her to RESPECT herself, RESPECT you and most importantly RESPECT your union. if she is using any of these useless donkey to try to blackmail you into doing anything you are not ready to do, then she is not fit to keep as your woman. you should have enough haterz in your life, rather than having a gf who is also working against you and your goals in life.

now if she wants you guys to get married, let her bring VALID, INTELLIGENT and WORTHY points to the table as to why imminent marriage is a must in your r/ship...... or let her be quiet (or go settle herself with these donkeys)!
I'm not even a moralist or religious person but what is his commitment to her besides giving her his preeq? 7 years is not enough for her to find her level? Will you work for someone for 7 years without promotion?
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by JLM(f): 11:11pm On Jun 10, 2015
Babe, babe, my sister, na how many times I call you now?? Remove your shoe and pick race, as in 440!!!
Hen Hmm, runnnnn! If you are very sure that the guy has no marriage plans in the next 1year. Babe my mama always says the years a babe should marry is wen she has many options of men begging for her hand in marriage, and not when she will be the one begging them for marriage oo.

The whole truth about men:
1. They like young and fresh girls
2. For a man to marry you after keeping you till 30-32, that love must be from heaven above
3. BABE are u a child?? Wetin u de talk about love? Love as we all know it is simply defined as "every action that portrays that we want the well being of another person in all ramifications" this means that love is quite tangible, because it must show in everything and in everyway u deal with a person! A man not considering the fact that your time as a woman is going and that you may be worried is not in love with you! He may be in-like with you, enjoy your company, etc bt love goes beyond sweaty bodies and butterflies in d stomach. It is active!!

Babe! u wan wait till wen na you go de begg? as u will soon notice those men begging now will go away as your age increases, even if de r not married they will not come back for u, y? because ur age has increased!! Yes na so, as woman age dey add, men dey decrease until dem no go even c guy wia go tell them "hello" for road, so also any "loverboy u are dating!

Thats how a friend of mine was dating this guy, for three months. Then ater three months she went to visit in his house as she was der, one nice lady came and the guy was raking that she shuld have called first, the lady was crying and telling the guy "why, why?? etc, dat she just came to really be sure of what she had been hearing. Already the guy had told my friend that he just broke up. He was 32 years old my friend was just 23. After the lady left my friend was not herself and d guy was apologising for the intrusion and she nw asked him what led to the break-up, and the guy said "his mother says that their age was too close that the girl is 29 and he is 32!

Then when she asked him how long they had been dating, she was shocked when the guy said they had been together for nine years!

Babe runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn and dont look back, now that u stll have small time for shakara, dnt wait till u get to d begging stage hmmm men are men ooo, once p^ssy is involved they can marry any gal, and still control her, u are d one at disadvantage hian a word is enough...

2 Likes

Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by MRBrownJ: 11:26pm On Jun 10, 2015
A40:

I'm not even a moralist or religious person but what is his commitment to her besides giving her his preeq? 7 years is not enough for her to find her level? Will you work for someone for 7 years without promotion?

bro A40
they started like that, grew up like that, and got down like that....for 7yrs. the lady's "assumptions" is what failed her, not this man. as she said, their goals was to ultimately have a good job, and obviously, this guy aint got one yet. would you rather he sets his goals aside in order to build a family with the wrong foundation? (to each their own as to what their foundations should be)
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by jamela(f): 11:27pm On Jun 10, 2015
Op there are three things here

1. Are you from same tribe? if not are his parents/family tribalists?

2. Are you resourceful? i.e what do you bring to the table? Are you supportive in ways no one else can? What do you say when he expects to make millions? Do you try to make practical steps to discuss how you both could do something to achieve it in ways he never saw possible? (or do you rather just smile and keep quiet like you expect him to go make the millions all on his own).

3. Does he use words like I, ME, MY, instead of US, WE, OUR? When you have your little discussions, does he tell you (even if jokingly) about plans he has that actually feature you and him in a family life? for example: that he plans to build a decent house so OUR kids in the future would have big rooms. Do you catch him playing with other people's kids (perhaps family) and then looks at you smiling? *I mean, 7yrs this should have happened at some point*

If your answer to the above is no.. there is a problem.
My 2kobo.
Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by JLM(f): 11:39pm On Jun 10, 2015
MRBrownJ:

Guy I am begining to suspect that you are the guy himself. Ladies should run from all guys with your type of mentality. My sista runnnnnnnnn!!! These are the types that love to eat their cake and still have it. NO 1, I repeat No man who "loves" you will keep you hanging, u know y? cos love means he cares about your well being, and your future, and is concerned that you are a woman and your time is going. Have seen guys who wen they are not ready for marriage, or they have a nice gal friend, and do not want to keep her waiting and frustrated, they call her and let her go , because they understand what it means for a woman to be kept waiting till her time is late
and cos they actually "love" her .

1 Like

Re: My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please by Cavenchy(m): 11:47pm On Jun 10, 2015
jamela:
Op there are three things here

1. Are you from same tribe? if not are his parents/family tribalists?

2. Are you resourceful? i.e what do you bring to the table? Are you supportive in ways no one else can? What do you say when he expects to make millions? Do you try to make practical steps to discuss how you both could do something to achieve it in ways he never saw possible? (or do you rather just smile and keep quiet like you expect him to go make the millions all on his own).

3. Does he use words like I, ME, MY, instead of US, WE, OUR? When you have your little discussions, does he tell you (even if jokingly) about plans he has that actually feature you and him in a family life? for example: that he plans to build a decent house so OUR kids in the future would have big rooms. Do you catch him playing with other people's kids (perhaps family) and then looks at you smiling? *I mean, 7yrs this should have happened at some point*

If your answer to the above is no.. there is a problem.
My 2p.

Interesting point.

1. The fault might be external Perhaps even his family or religion(denomination laws)

2. The fault might lie with her

3. The fault might lie with him.

Here's my advice to her -the poster

I have seen a relationship (two people very close to me so I know the story) grow from 100l to marriage proposal in 8years just like yours, they got married in the 9th. The difference is, they didn't wait for millions, they were both well educated and resourceful, they knew they loved each other and celebrated every happy and sad moment together. They came up with intelligent plans and consulted each of their families for financial support to carry their ingenious plans out. When things seemed better, they opened their own firm together and he popped the question, their wedding day was the inauguration of their firm and they been married with two kids at present. So like jamela mentioned, 7 years is enough for you to gather all your clues about the health of the relationship, if after 7 years you cant even speak to him without him getting angry, you can't tell if his family has issues with your relationship, you can't tell if he sees you in his future picture, then I can't tell what you both have been doing for 7 years.

p.s nothing screams ''wife her'' in a man's mind like the bolded part, Well done Jamela. Sex or getting pregnant wont do it for anyone who wants a happy married life.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Kinds Of Girls An Hustling Nigerian Guy Needs In His Life / Lady Blasts Gift Erhabor Mamus, Her Husband's Side Chick In A Facebook Video / Lady Who Demanded N20k From Her 'Toaster' To Prove His Love For Her, Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.