Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,379 members, 7,812,106 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

Twelve Day's In Office And Buhari's "Achievements" - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Twelve Day's In Office And Buhari's "Achievements" (54886 Views)

APC Lists Buhari’s Achievements Despite Report Of Economic Recession / Buhari’s Achievements In First Year In Office - Presidency / Rejoinder- "Twelve Days In Office And Buhari's Achievements". (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twelve Day's In Office And Buhari's "Achievements" by NobleG1(m): 5:14am On Jun 12, 2015
Buhari was never ready to lead as a president. It's heart breaking that he hasn't formed his government till this day. It's unfortunate!

I was a fan but no more.

2 Likes

Re: Twelve Day's In Office And Buhari's "Achievements" by toprealman: 5:18am On Jun 12, 2015
LET ME HELP YOU WITH ONE. >OFFSHORE PRESIDENT: BABA MUST HAVE BEEN PROPERLY BRIEFED BY OBJ BECAUSE HE HAS SPENT MORE DAYS 'OFFSHORE' THAN HERE IN NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: Twelve Day's In Office And Buhari's "Achievements" by goshen26: 5:30am On Jun 12, 2015
barcanista:
ANTI-CORRUPTION:
Timpre Sylva FREED
:Buhari promised to fight corruption and to ensure that all ongoing trial are allowed to continue. In keeping to his promise, the Director of Public Prosecution under Buhari applied to withdraw the N2.5 billion fraud case against Fmr Gov of Bayelsa state and Buhari's ally Chief Timpre Sylva on June 1st, 2015. The action of the DPP led to striking out of another N19billion fraud suit against Sylva by Justice Ahmed Muhammed of the Federal High Court, Abuja on Wednesday, June 10, 2015. According to the learned Judge,
"the charges instituted against Sylva by the EFCC were an abuse of court process since they were based on the same set of transactions involved in the N2.45bn charges that were recently dropped against Sylva."
www.ynaija.com/ex-governor-bayelsa-timipre-sylva-cleared-efcc/

Fugitive exGov Murtala Nyako Free Again: Impeached Adamawa state Governor and another senior APC Chieftain Admiral Nyako Murtala was declared wanted on corruption and fraud charges by the EFCC on Feb 4, 2015, however he fled the prior to the time of the declaration. 24hours after the Buhari was sworn-in, the fugitive exGovernor made a surprise return to Nigeria. The same "wanted man" is yet to be arrested nor prosecuted under Buhari.
www.newsat247.com/2015/05/wanted-nyako-returns-plans-to-meet-buhari-will-he-be-arrested-did-you-remember-nyako-was-declared-wanted-by-the-efcc-over-read-details/
Buhari is yet to make any high profile arrest or prosecution since coming to power.

Transparency:
Buhari's administration promised to be very transparent. In fact, Baba pledged to lead by example by making public declaration of his Assets and liabilities. Till date #Baba is yet to make any declaration public. He only did the secret declaration like other public officers.

Security:
President Buhari promised to fight BH and BringBackOurGirls. Since his inauguration in May 29, Boko Haram have strucked a NINE times and killed over 500 Nigerians. We are yet to hear of any update with respect to the return of Chibok school girls.

Economy: Since coming to power petrol stations have continued to sell fuel at N120-N130 per litre across Nigeria instead of the approved N87 pump price. Nigerians have no clue whether there is still subsidy or not.

Governance:
Since coming to power, President Buhari is yet to appoint Senior Government officials like the Chief of Staff, Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Service Chiefs, Heads of Parastatals etcetera

I wish I can remember more of Baba's achievement. May God help Nigeria!
movie title: agony of the loosee

4 Likes

Re: Twelve Day's In Office And Buhari's "Achievements" by ionsman: 5:31am On Jun 12, 2015
Rick9:
list the refineries and their locations let me go and verify. Na your parlor Gej build the 6 refineries put abi.
You clearly dont know what sarcasm is......

4 Likes

Re: Twelve Day's In Office And Buhari's "Achievements" by Nobody: 5:34am On Jun 12, 2015
Abeg Op, shay na Sambisa forest you dey live? How come you still buying fuel for 120/130..?

It's time for you guys to really give this man a chance to prove himself.!

Yes! BH are striking but don't you see that that the number of people they bomb are reducing? And wasn't not PMB that said HQ should be moved to the situated State where the bombing is taking place?

Let's give this man time, space and support him with our prayers.

God bless WE country.!
God bless Nigeria.!
God bless You and I.

4 Likes

Re: Twelve Day's In Office And Buhari's "Achievements" by ziccoit: 5:39am On Jun 12, 2015
irahub:

I'm not here to argue who is naive or not. I've never believed in that unattainable promise (neither have I believed in others made by Buhari) because I know he cannot achieve it. But for such a promise (an other specious ones) to have come from a 72 year old former leader who want to lead the most populous nation in Africa speaks volume about his comprehension of economics, policy making, governance and development. It somewhat buttresses the line of argument PDP has wanted to underscore that Buhari is an illiterate. You can only expect a market woman to be shouting "Buhari make 1$ equal to 1 naira" in this era of globalization as a political and economic achievement. But coming from someone being an ex leader, it speaks volumes of his smartness and sagacity.

He didn't say he would make $1= N1. You people mischievously pinned it on him. People had asked you to bring video evidence nd till date none has surfaced. Since you people have remained pigheaded on this matter, we just let you be to continue wallowing in your ignorance. Bring a video evidence bros if you are not peddling lie against PMB.

2 Likes

Re: Twelve Day's In Office And Buhari's "Achievements" by dougivilla(m): 5:48am On Jun 12, 2015
ugojamali:
This is a post to merely discredit the President. While I'm not an APC supporter, i don't agree with this thread. You can't judge a President in twelve days. Besides, this President has taken more positive steps in twelve days to tackle corruption and terrorism than Jonathan took in one year.
What steps? Since you have decided to compare 12 days and one year let me ask:

On Security??

Is it by visiting Chad and Niger? Did PMB not say it was a disgrace that the GEJ led administration was coopting our neighbours to come handle our internal security issues for us? He said he will be at the forefront like the soldier he is! I thought he would have relocated to Maiduguri, abi tailor never sew him bullet proof uniforms finish? Has he visited any of the states or places that BH recently killed scores or even sent condolences? Apart from the usual condemnations which he only offered once since the killings, what else has he done on security in this 12 days wet pass one year? Where the #change??

On Anticurruption?

Has he appointed the new EFCC and ICPC chairman? How many high profile arrest has been made? Apart from ''jailing' Timiprye Sylva and Muritala Nyako who else has his new EFCC and ICPC arrested Who has returned money, how much and who has custody of the moneys?

Some people's brains really need to be formarted. When you just here somebody say PMB has done so so so and so, you copy and paste without asking yourself anything.

Make your brain booth finish we go format am!
Re: Twelve Day's In Office And Buhari's "Achievements" by PassingShot(m): 5:49am On Jun 12, 2015
ziccoit:

He didn't say he would make $1= N1. You people mischievously pinned it on him. People had asked you to bring video evidence nd till date none has surfaced. Since you people have remained pigheaded on this matter, we just let you be to continue wallowing in your ignorance. Bring a video evidence bros if you are not peddling lie against PMB.
Ask them for newspaper evidence and they'd bring you Vanguard with a headline that reads "Buhari promises to make $1 equal N1", but read the body of the news and you will see how foolishly they have allowed themselves to be fooled by the newspaper. Nothing till date can be brought forth to support their claim but as doomed people, they will hang on to it.

The good thing is majority of Nigerians are wiser and more reasonable than the defeated haters.

5 Likes

Re: Twelve Day's In Office And Buhari's "Achievements" by philips70(m): 5:51am On Jun 12, 2015
irahub:
!

Buharia actually said that. He did! We should stop denying the fact because such a promise sounds very silly. He said it in Owerri during one of his campaign visits. He promised to make 1$ equal to 1N if elected as president. He made that promise at the Dan Anyiam stadium in Owerri, Imo State. Let us stop denying these promises.

If you attended school and did comprehension, interpret this statement below. Your future is too important to put in the minds of mindless haters who wants the government of the day to fail so they can jubilate meanwhile they can even hardly afford 3 square meals.

“It is sad that the value of the naira has dropped to more than N230 to one dollar; this does not speak well for the nation’s economy,’’ he said.

The All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, on Monday said he would ensure that the Naira was equal to the dollar in value, if voted into office.
Buhari stated this during the South-East presidential rally of the party at Dan Anyima Stadium, Owerri.buhari-Naira
“It is sad that the value of the naira has dropped to more than N230 to one dollar; this does not speak well for the nation’s economy,’’ he said.
He urged the people to vote for APC, noting that he would ensure that corruption was tackled headlong if elected.
Earlier, Gov Rochas Okorocha had urged APC supporters to vote for the party’s candidates at all levels, noting that a vote for Buhari without support to others at the state would amount to nothing.
Okorocha said Buhari would address the problem of electricity, bring back the kidnapped Chibok girls and promote industrial growth.
He said that Buhari was loved by the people in the region and urged them to elect him and other APC candidates during the March 28 and April 11 general elections.
Former governor of Anambra, Mr Chinwoke Mbadinuju and former Minister of Education, Chinwe Obaji, were formally welcomed to the APC at the rally.
The rally was attended by APC supporters from Abia, Ebonyi, Anambra, Enugu and Imo. (NAN)

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/ill-make-naira-equal-in-value-to-dollar-says-buhari/#sthash.eALwzZ4V.TcONbVsO.dpuf

That is the whole report, ask them to show where he said that.
Re: Twelve Day's In Office And Buhari's "Achievements" by Emyogalanya: 5:53am On Jun 12, 2015
Incomplete list why's my name absent from duty list buhari must perform o
barcanista:
My boss, I loyal o! The President is working.. Cc Ecoterrors Temitemi1 DauraDullard Mogidi Firefire Altwireless Cheruv Showyourcertificate
Re: Twelve Day's In Office And Buhari's "Achievements" by sophy17(m): 5:54am On Jun 12, 2015
mrmetoo1:
You see what you want to see. In 12 days

1) He has met with service chiefs twice

2) Process of relocating command center started already

3) Already been to Chad and Niger to discuss Boko Haram.

4) Been to Germany for G7 meeting to get solid commitments from the most powerful nations in the world to help us in the fight against insurgents, corruption and economic advancements. Cameron already tweeted stating they created a unit to help fight corruption and Boko Haram. So basically not only did Buhari get them to commit, they acted immediately.

5) People from the past administration are already returning stolen money. They're already fighting corruption, they're already working out deals with companies that were caught red handed benefiting from the oil industry corruption. This is just the beginning, they haven't begun scratching the surface

6) He has proven already that he's a born again democrat by not interfering with happenings in the NASS. He reinforced his inaugural speech of "he belongs to everybody and he belongs to no one"

7) He has stated that there'll be no need for FOI that he's going to publicly declare his assets when verification is complete

All these and many more including already taking many practical steps at reducing the cost of governance such as appointment of lesser aides, reduction of numbers of people who travel with him, he just rejected 253 DSS for his office,.Even at state levels govs are keying in

Inspite of this some people are so dump.
Haters continue to hate.
Re: Twelve Day's In Office And Buhari's "Achievements" by Noborrow9: 6:20am On Jun 12, 2015
hmmmm

Re: Twelve Day's In Office And Buhari's "Achievements" by PassingShot(m): 6:25am On Jun 12, 2015
mrmetoo1:

4) Been to Germany for G7 meeting to get solid commitments from the most powerful nations in the world to help us in the fight against insurgents, corruption and economic advancements. Cameron already tweeted stating they created a unit to help fight corruption and Boko Haram. So basically not only did Buhari get them to commit, they acted immediately.

5) People from the past administration are already returning stolen money. They're already fighting corruption, they're already working out deals with companies that were caught red handed benefiting from the oil industry corruption. This is just the beginning, they haven't begun scratching the surface

6) He has proven already that he's a born again democrat by not interfering with happenings in the NASS. He reinforced his inaugural speech of "he belongs to everybody and he belongs to no one"

7) He has stated that there'll be no need for FOI that he's going to publicly declare his assets when verification is complete
I just love how you dismantled the OP. He will continue in his pathetic state with his fellow losers for at least the next four years no matter what PMB achieves.

Bigotry has no cure. It has proven to be incurable.

1 Like

Re: Twelve Day's In Office And Buhari's "Achievements" by agabaI23(m): 6:26am On Jun 12, 2015
barcanista:
my bros I greet you o. I no know why these people de vex for me
They miss you badly. No mind them.
Re: Twelve Day's In Office And Buhari's "Achievements" by preserver01: 6:31am On Jun 12, 2015
If I wouldn't b tagged BUHARI'S loyalist/follower..... I will say Dat 12days in office is stl very recent for such changes clamored for by Nigerians to b actualized ...... Besides Nigerians shud nt b expecting anitin gud frm d leaders Dat are power driving Dat are ntin bt hungry for power nd thr selfish political ambition all in d name of boosting thr stomach nd treasury....
A typical example of thr incompetent governance is wah jst apend at our national houses leadership selection.....
Can Hungry dog play wit d full one?... I doubt it
GBM is a gud man Dat belongs to bad group........
Tell me how an eagle Dat hangs out wit chicken will nt forget how to fly......... Pple are clamoring for change here Nd there......... Can a pig be given a post of sanitation officer nd expect any sanitary?
Fellow Nigerians, let he who is witot sin b d first to cast d stone............ Preserver cares
Re: Twelve Day's In Office And Buhari's "Achievements" by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:33am On Jun 12, 2015
beetruth:

are you implying that this was made possible by him
Last I checked a refinery cannot be made functional soon within 12days in office. Pls give credit to whom it is due. Someone must have started the work.
Who got the credit for the IPPs Obasanjo left unfinished when Jonathan completed them and used them to campaign?
Re: Twelve Day's In Office And Buhari's "Achievements" by tottinova: 6:40am On Jun 12, 2015
barcanista:
ANTI-CORRUPTION:
Timpre Sylva FREED
:Buhari promised to fight corruption and to ensure that all ongoing trial are allowed to continue. In keeping to his promise, the Director of Public Prosecution under Buhari applied to withdraw the N2.5 billion fraud case against Fmr Gov of Bayelsa state and Buhari's ally Chief Timpre Sylva on June 1st, 2015. The action of the DPP led to striking out of another N19billion fraud suit against Sylva by Justice Ahmed Muhammed of the Federal High Court, Abuja on Wednesday, June 10, 2015. According to the learned Judge,
"the charges instituted against Sylva by the EFCC were an abuse of court process since they were based on the same set of transactions involved in the N2.45bn charges that were recently dropped against Sylva."

Fugitive exGov Murtala Nyako Free Again: Impeached Adamawa state Governor and another senior APC Chieftain Admiral Nyako Murtala was declared wanted on corruption and fraud charges by the EFCC on Feb 4, 2015, however he fled the prior to the time of the declaration. 24hours after the Buhari was sworn-in, the fugitive exGovernor made a surprise return to Nigeria. The same "wanted man" is yet to be arrested nor prosecuted under Buhari.
www.newsat247.com/2015/05/wanted-nyako-returns-plans-to-meet-buhari-will-he-be-arrested-did-you-remember-nyako-was-declared-wanted-by-the-efcc-over-read-details/
Buhari is yet to make any high profile arrest or prosecution since coming to power.

Transparency:
Buhari's administration promised to be very transparent. In fact, Baba pledged to lead by example by making public declaration of his Assets and liabilities. Till date #Baba is yet to make any declaration public. He only did the secret declaration like other public officers.

Security:
President Buhari promised to fight BH and BringBackOurGirls. Since his inauguration in May 29, Boko Haram have strucked a NINE times and killed over 500 Nigerians. We are yet to hear of any update with respect to the return of Chibok school girls.

Economy: Since coming to power petrol stations have continued to sell fuel at N120-N130 per litre across Nigeria instead of the approved N87 pump price. Nigerians have no clue whether there is still subsidy or not.

Governance:
Since coming to power, President Buhari is yet to appoint Senior Government officials like the Chief of Staff, Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Service Chiefs, Heads of Parastatals etcetera

OGA IS HE A MIRACLE WORKER, YOU SAID IT URSELF "TWELVE DAYS IN OFFICE" LET HIM SETTLE. HE STILL HAS FOUR YEARS TO WORK. NAWA FOR YOU OH!
Re: Twelve Day's In Office And Buhari's "Achievements" by gboly3190(m): 6:41am On Jun 12, 2015
mrmetoo1:

God bless you bro. I don't understand how barcanista thinks.
Re: Twelve Day's In Office And Buhari's "Achievements" by kenny1313(m): 6:42am On Jun 12, 2015
mrmetoo1:

May God bless the head dat wrote this, Amen
Re: Twelve Day's In Office And Buhari's "Achievements" by Tonitelli: 6:42am On Jun 12, 2015
Na wa o..na so barcanista take become the mad hatter....
12 days...its not even as long as it took for ur beloved jonathan and sons to react abt the missing chibok girls..
Ur stupidity and abject foolishness knows no bounds..
Haba!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twelve Day's In Office And Buhari's "Achievements" by Horlufemi(m): 6:43am On Jun 12, 2015
The time to check Buhari's progress is in about 100 days. GEJ started being attacked not until about 2years. Anyway it's good sha enemies often being it the Brest in us. Let them hate.
Re: Twelve Day's In Office And Buhari's "Achievements" by kenny1313(m): 6:44am On Jun 12, 2015
NobleG1:
Buhari was never ready to lead as a president. It's heart breaking that he hasn't formed his government till this day. It's unfortunate!

I was a fan but no more.
you where never a fan, Otondo

1 Like

Re: Twelve Day's In Office And Buhari's "Achievements" by Jayzfield: 6:44am On Jun 12, 2015
Please lets be patience with the government for now. After 100days in office we can do proper assessment. Then they will have no excuses.
Re: Twelve Day's In Office And Buhari's "Achievements" by Tttoyin(m): 6:45am On Jun 12, 2015
barcanista:
ANTI-CORRUPTION:
Timpre Sylva FREED

Transparency:

Security:

Governance:

public declaration of assets is after the confirmation of such said assets.... just be patient...... jungle justice ll always lead to ..........
Re: Twelve Day's In Office And Buhari's "Achievements" by Newerakings(m): 6:46am On Jun 12, 2015
who is this anti Nigeria agent
Re: Twelve Day's In Office And Buhari's "Achievements" by Horlufemi(m): 6:47am On Jun 12, 2015
barcanista:
ANTI-CORRUPTION:
Timpre Sylva FREED

Transparency:

Security:

Governance:

How old are you sef. I'm sure you are 5 years old give or take 6months.

That's not how opposition works.

Even PDP aren't doing things this way.
Re: Twelve Day's In Office And Buhari's "Achievements" by Nobody: 6:49am On Jun 12, 2015
Don't worry, OBJ, the letter writer is watching.
Re: Twelve Day's In Office And Buhari's "Achievements" by chocolatelady(f): 6:52am On Jun 12, 2015
@Barcanista, I think you have not wake up and still in shock about the outcome of april presidential election. U are so unreasonable, how can u compare 12days with 6 solid wasted years under GEJ. This man just resumed and he has been to several meetings trying to see how he can stop BH and u are here talking bullshit. Pls help me ask GEJ about his promise of rescuing the abducted Chibok girls. One year after, he was still promising. Since he couldnt do anything in one year, are u reasonable to start attacking the man that is barely two weeks in office. Pls next time, always think before u write and not the other way round.
@ Memetoo1 , pls dont mind Barcanista becos he has refused to wake up from the reality of defeat and shock that PDP suffered from APC.
I rest my case.
Re: Twelve Day's In Office And Buhari's "Achievements" by jeje123(m): 6:52am On Jun 12, 2015
barcanista:
ANTI-CORRUPTION:
Timpre Sylva FREED

Transparency:

Security:

Governance:

Its good to be an observer but observing oneself is a great problem!

1 Like

Re: Twelve Day's In Office And Buhari's "Achievements" by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 12, 2015
barcanista:
My boss, I loyal o! The President is working.. Cc Ecoterrors Temitemi1 DauraDullard Mogidi Firefire Altwireless Cheruv Showyourcertificate

i am neither an APC man nor a PDP man though i did want pdp gone from the center i seldom contribute to threads but ive followed your posts for sometime now.. most times i dont agree with you ..but today i think uve got a few points spot on.. sylvia has no business walking around free, neither nyako, and yes we ought to be ruminating over baba's asset declaration. the fight against corruption ought to start with those.

i still think 12 days is too short a time to expect appointments to positions wrapped up though i would have expected a deviation from the norm from a government that promised to hit the ground running

in nigerian politics 12 days is a lifetime.. it took just one out of those 12 days and the APC after loosing the NASS so to speak is already contending with internal rancour.. still watching buhari tho ..you see, buhari has an even more "impatient" people to rule(no one can remain patient after 16 years of pdp).. soon the masses will come calling for answers and i hope he has some when such a time comes.

@bigunclecycs

1 Like

Re: Twelve Day's In Office And Buhari's "Achievements" by driand(m): 7:00am On Jun 12, 2015
Orgasim thread for barcanista and his colleagues miscreants.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Caption This Photo Of Buhari And Two Of His Cows / Why Abba Kyari’s Wife Slumped In Court (photo) / FG Queries Mohammed Bello For Buying Uncompleted Building For N7bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.