Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,534 members, 7,812,659 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. (64499 Views)

Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja / Biafra: Igbos Want To Reconolize South-South-waziri Ringim / Breaking News!!! 2 Dead As Rivers Indigenes And Pro Biafra Igbos Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by fr3do(m): 12:12pm On Jun 20, 2015
ABEngine:

Fredo, Nnayi ukwu, there is more to life than the paintings of Biafran illusionists. Let's not even count our loses and setbacks from the previous episode, I know exactly where the igbo nation would have stood amongst the committee of nations if we chose not to loose resources fighting.

Zendy's response to another Nairalander

Nigeria is a fraud created by the British in their bid to exploit the west Africans. They brought together tribes who should have never been together in the first place. Nigeria has no legitimacy. Nigeria represents the enslavement of the Igbo people and certain minorities in the south-south. There is no such thing as one Nigera. Yes, the present generation probably doesn't know about the effects of war or even ever heard the sound of shelling. This is not an excuse to remain a slave. You have used the history of atrocities committed against Igbos as a reason why Igbos should abandon their God given right to self determination and freedom. If you were not a coward, you have known that those same reasons is why you should advocate for Biafra. The integration you talked about is non existent. Inter-tribal marriage amongst the Igbos and other tribes outside the SS/SE is very very minimal. Probably less than 0.5 % and anyone married to another tribe will still remain a citizen of the future Biafra and their kids will be dual citizens and their spouse will have the right of stay as obtains in other countries. Biafra is about the right to be free, the right to choose if I am Nigerian or not, the right to be heard. I do not need Fredrick Lugard to come from Britain to give me my country or tell me that a Yoruba or Hausa man is my brother. Violent secession is only last resort. Freedom is not cheap. It is purchased in blood. Freedom cost lives. It is highly patronizing of you to come online and tell Igbos to forget their God given right to aspire to their own country just because they will suffer. Are you silly? You think Igbos are cowards? Or do you think we are the sort that can cowed down? I am an Igbo man and Biafran, I do not sunscribe to the British fabrication called Nigeria and Ibadan and Sokoto are not Father land. We shall get our freedom from Nigeria and if it comes to Violent confrontation, I will be there at the front, even if it is with my Grand fathers hunting rifle and I will defend Biafra with my life. Don't come here to showcase your cowardice with this silly write up just because you have been brainwashed to believe you are a Nigerian. Igbos are not slaves to anybody or the fraud called Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by omonnakoda: 12:16pm On Jun 20, 2015
ABEngine:

Fredo, Nnayi ukwu, there is more to life than the paintings of Biafran illusionists. Let's not even count our loses and setbacks from the previous episode, I know exactly where the igbo nation would have stood amongst the committee of nations if we chose not to loose resources fighting.
Where did the Eboe nation stand in 1914 compared to other Nigerian nations

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 20, 2015
LoL... yorubas and noise making, dat was how ur Brother Akiolu was making noise all over d net, when d igbo's started with him he went and brought his family people to protest for him, ppl dat were not even up to 10 yet came to the Internet and wrote over 100people are protesting for him.
Even ur forefathers know dat in dz Nigeria let other tribes look d oda way let nobody interfer and let igbos and yorubas settle dz der squabbles dat they hv been having against each other for years, they know dat what igbos wud do to u ppl, Akintolas rantings back then in 1966 wud be child's play...lol''' am still looking for my shop key by d way...lol

5 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by fr3do(m): 12:20pm On Jun 20, 2015
lygn19:

LoL... iwu inyo...

Law wetin? I'm not that strong in the language
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 20, 2015
citizenY:

Sorry for the interruption and sorry to burst the bubble of the tribalist, sir, but what do they have to show for that? I only see a bruised ego , a more bitter man, wasted effort and waste of time and megabytes. The clock has not changed its direction.
today is Saturday, my free time. I try my best not to play d tribal card, but some words here are like someone poking s very sharp needle into ur skin, u can't endure. I try my best Sir.
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 20, 2015
fr3do:

Law wetin? I'm not that strong in the language
me too o, don't know if I spelt it correctly smiley
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by omonnakoda: 12:23pm On Jun 20, 2015
lygn19:
LoL... yorubas and noise making, dat was how ur Brother Akiolu was making noise all over d net, when d igbo's started with him he went and brought his family people to protest for him, ppl dat were not even up to 10 yet came to the Internet and wrote over 100people are protesting for him.
Even ur forefathers know dat in dz Nigeria let other tribes look d oda way let nobody interfer and let igbos and yorubas settle dz der squabbles dat they hv been having against each other for years, they know dat what igbos wud do to u ppl, Akintolas rantings back then in 1966 wud be child's play...lol''' am still looking for my shop key by d way...lol

Talk is cheap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGSRa6KE_rg

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by citizenY(m): 12:45pm On Jun 20, 2015
lygn19:
today is Saturday, my free time. I try my best not to play d tribal card, but some words here are like someone poking s very sharp needle into ur skin, u can't endure. I try my best Sir.

Your best is not good enough. Be the better man, run the last mile. Bigotry kills the spirit. There are too many uninformed minds around and they are following each and every statement you guys are spewing here. In the absence of minds of their own, they repeat all the invectives you hurl at each other.

Are you surprised that all Biafra threads are now replete with Nnamdi Kanu cliche... zoo, baboon, and so on. All no thanks to Director and people like that .?

Do the right thing. I notice you recognise somebody . . Yoruba Muslim as your benefactor . I am sure he will be very impressed with what you are doing now.. using the money you made to denigrate his heritage.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by cheruv: 1:06pm On Jun 20, 2015
wexyee:
typical ibo. Shameless u mean u will send. Any ibo wit a non ibo fada out? Fool
Of course man..
If your dad isn't Igbo then you're not Igbo!!
Simple

6 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by haywire07(m): 2:04pm On Jun 20, 2015
tensazangetsu:
A nation only grows faster when people with similar goals and culture inhabit it an igbo has nothing in common with a yoruba or hausa. The best thing for nigeria is to split it was a creation of the British and is not benefitting anyone.
I wonder how many pple ever thought how dificult surviving will be if Nigeria splits.
The SE will drink oil and gas
The SW will eat amala, amala, amala...
Terrorists will kill the hausas after they are tired of eating groundnut.
A one Nigeria is wat has made many of us survive till date

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jun 20, 2015
haywire07:

I wonder how many pple ever thought how dificult surviving will be if Nigeria splits.
The SE will drink oil and gas
The SW will eat amala, amala, amala...
Terrorists will kill the hausas after they are tired of eating groundnut.
A one Nigeria is wat has made many of us survive till datr
A one Nigeria is not benefitting anyone.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by dinachi(m): 3:14pm On Jun 20, 2015
The simple question I always ask is where was almighty Igbo man before the british came?

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by dinachi(m): 6:49pm On Jun 20, 2015
Before the British came, the Benin, Oyo(Yoruba) and the north had well established kingdoms, what did the Igbo man have? When the British came they found the leadership system in the north so perfect that they prefer to administer the northern region through their already well established leadership institutions. Down south they met chaos mostly. They now have to administer the south directly because the institutions of leadership in the south were not well established and effective.
A lot of people ask why the British always seemed to favor the north. The reason is simple. The British developed so much respect for the north because of its well established and highly effective leadership institutions which are still effective till today.
Down East we say 'Igbo enwe Eze' meaning Igbo nation has no king. How would you have worked with those kind of people if you were the British?

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jun 20, 2015
Funny its the same yorubadd that haye igbos so much support this post.
you guys should support us so we leave Nigeria for u.. we will go back to our villages. .

as for op

agaghi eji mgbagbu ghalu ogu..

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by zendy: 9:49pm On Jun 20, 2015
Genius100:
I'm convinced most of those shouting Biafra are low IQ clowns. If the Biafra you want consist of Abia, Anambra, Enugu, Imo and Ebonyi, be rest assured that war will not needed for these states to secede. If a referendum was held, majority of Nigerians will actually vote for a Biafra that consist of these 5 states to secede. I'm 100% sure even a nairaland poll will indicate Nigerians support a Biafra consisting of these 5 states secede.

Now if you want to extend Biafra to include the oil producing states i.e. Rivers, Delta, Akwa Ibom and Cross River, you are on a long thing. The non-igbo residents of those states will never agree to Biafra talkless of the rest of Nigerians. I really fail to understand what the chest beating is about. The Igbo states have been exclusively ruled by Igbos since 1999, and they are no better than the rest of Nigeria. Infact Abia was probably the worst governed state in Nigeria under Ochedo, so what is the chest beating about. You clowns better find something useful to do with your time.

Let me ask you something, who created those 5 states? An illegitimate military regime? Igbo land and Igbos extends beyond those 5 states. Asaba people,Ibuzors,Ogwashis and Isele-Ukwu will tell you they are 100% Igbos but find themselves in Delta state. Who speaks for those people who say they are Igbo but find themselves in other outside the south-east? Such Igbos are in Kogi,Delta,Rivers and Akwaibom. So stop limiting Igbos to 5 states fraudulently created by military men who like the fraudster called Frederick Lugard who created the fraud known as Nigeria, never bothered to ask the people where they want to belong.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by omonnakoda: 9:53pm On Jun 20, 2015
did God share land at any time. You only claim land as long as you can defend it by force. That is the history of man. There is no such thing as Eboeland. What we have is Nigeria land . The White people went to America Australia Canada and took the land it is now theirs.
They came and took Nigeria and handed it to Nigeria NOT Eboes. Before they came we know of Benin Empire and others .Nothing like Eboe land

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by omonnakoda: 9:56pm On Jun 20, 2015
did God share land at any time. You only claim land as long as you can defend it by force. That is the history of man. There is no such thing as Eboeland. What we have is Nigeria land . The White people went to America Australia Canada and took the land it is now theirs.
They came and took Nigeria and handed it to Nigeria NOT Eboes. Before they came we know of Benin Empire and others .Nothing like Eboe land.

What was the biggest Eboe town before Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by coolitempa(f): 10:58pm On Jun 20, 2015
zendy:

Let me ask you something, who created those 5 states? An illegitimate military regime? Igbo land and Igbos extends beyond those 5 states. Asaba people,Ibuzors,Ogwashis and Isele-Ukwu will tell you they are 100% Igbos but find themselves in Delta state. Who speaks for those people who say they are Igbo but find themselves in other outside the south-east? Such Igbos are in Kogi,Delta,Rivers and Akwaibom. So stop limiting Igbos to 5 states fraudulently created by military men who like the fraudster called Frederick Lugard who created the fraud known as Nigeria, never bothered to ask the people where they want to belong.

Asaba....ibuzors....iseleukwu....etc r not ibo towns......they r more Benin..... wink

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jun 20, 2015
Princewill1:
RUBBISH TALK!!

Biafrans are not cowards,today's generation of Biarans are more stubborn than their fathers;nothing will deter them from fighting for their freedom.

OP have you heared that there will be a mass DNA test in biafraland when biafra comes,once you fail it;you will be sent to sokoto or osogbo to search for ur father.
did u say u r more stubborn? Do u learn from history? What was d consequence of stubborness in d past? Dont just act/talk on impulse or emotions...its foolhardy
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Xpaz: 11:27pm On Jun 20, 2015
dinachi:
I feel a deep sense of grief and bewilderment when I read a lot of misguided comments from my Igbo brothers with some calling for a violent secession from Nigeria. Most of the generation of people making these statement never witnessed the civil war. They did not see first hand the horrors of war. They did not experience the terrific impact of bombs or the loud ear splitting sounds of heavy artillery shells as the explode. Should I talk about the economic impact? How our people were reduced to paupers and had to start from the scratch. How beautiful daughters were forcefully torn from the warm embrace of their families and married off to leprous men in the North just to spite our people. Only a mentally deranged and prone to self destruction individual will ever in his life support a violent secession from Nigeria.

Our problem is not secession. Our problem is learning how to live with other tribes in harmony while doing our businesses. Our focus should be on how to build consensus across the nation for vital political interests.

I laugh heartliy when I see some misguided Niger Delta youths like barcanista and co trying to be clever by half by playing to our sense of entitlement. Speaking from both sides of the mouth about how our people are being pushed aside and marginalized.
Yet these are the same people that effectively sabotaged the Biafran struggle under Ojukwu. These are the same people that lead the enemy in through our backyards and betrayed their so called brothers. Now they have started a new song because their brother Jonathan who performed woefully was booted out by majority of Nigerians.

I want us to know sometime that is historical. The moment an attempt is made to secede, the I jaws will immediately turn their backs and negotiate us away to advance their interests. So we will end up alone fighting the whole of Nigeria and loosing again.

When the chips are down, we are always alone.

Another point to consider is that Nigeria has become too intergrated to break up. Almost every family has in laws across their tribe. How will that be handled?

Igbo are the most integrated people in Nigeria with business interests across the six geopolitical zones of Nigeria. Most of our people will become jobless or stay and be killed the moment a secession is declared.

Those who knew the truth will tell you that even inside Biafra there were still serious cases of tribalism and nepotism, even under the revered Ojukwu. That was why ahiara declaration became necessary to tackle these issues.

Finally, we are not ready militarily and would only be engaging in another massive waste of life if we insist on our ways.
So my people do not be deceived! Our best and only bet is to remain as law abiding citizens of Nigeria while doing our best to continue to be relevant in the scheme of things.
Ka Chineke mezie okwu.

Front page pls
Cc lalasticlala, Ishilove etc.
You can rignt millions of this if you like but the truth is thatvyou can't and non of it can stop d movement.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Allosaurus: 12:33am On Jun 21, 2015
dinachi:
I feel a deep sense of grief and bewilderment when I read a lot of misguided comments from my Igbo brothers with some calling for a violent secession from Nigeria. Most of the generation of people making these statement never witnessed the civil war. They did not see first hand the horrors of war. They did not experience the terrific impact of bombs or the loud ear splitting sounds of heavy artillery shells as the explode. Should I talk about the economic impact? How our people were reduced to paupers and had to start from the scratch. How beautiful daughters were forcefully torn from the warm embrace of their families and married off to leprous men in the North just to spite our people. Only a mentally deranged and prone to self destruction individual will ever in his life support a violent secession from Nigeria.

Our problem is not secession. Our problem is learning how to live with other tribes in harmony while doing our businesses. Our focus should be on how to build consensus across the nation for vital political interests.

I laugh heartliy when I see some misguided Niger Delta youths like barcanista and co trying to be clever by half by playing to our sense of entitlement. Speaking from both sides of the mouth about how our people are being pushed aside and marginalized.
Yet these are the same people that effectively sabotaged the Biafran struggle under Ojukwu. These are the same people that lead the enemy in through our backyards and betrayed their so called brothers. Now they have started a new song because their brother Jonathan who performed woefully was booted out by majority of Nigerians.

I want us to know sometime that is historical. The moment an attempt is made to secede, the I jaws will immediately turn their backs and negotiate us away to advance their interests. So we will end up alone fighting the whole of Nigeria and loosing again.

When the chips are down, we are always alone.

Another point to consider is that Nigeria has become too intergrated to break up. Almost every family has in laws across their tribe. How will that be handled?

Igbo are the most integrated people in Nigeria with business interests across the six geopolitical zones of Nigeria. Most of our people will become jobless or stay and be killed the moment a secession is declared.

Those who knew the truth will tell you that even inside Biafra there were still serious cases of tribalism and nepotism, even under the revered Ojukwu. That was why ahiara declaration became necessary to tackle these issues.

Finally, we are not ready militarily and would only be engaging in another massive waste of life if we insist on our ways.
So my people do not be deceived! Our best and only bet is to remain as law abiding citizens of Nigeria while doing our best to continue to be relevant in the scheme of things.
Ka Chineke mezie okwu.

Front page pls
Cc lalast.iclala, Ishil.ove etc.
May Amadioha damage your life for claiming to be Igbo when ur not

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Nobody: 12:36am On Jun 21, 2015
Igbos and trouble are like a hardened diack and a sloppy vajayjay.
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Genius100: 3:02am On Jun 21, 2015
zendy:

The Igbos in neighbouring states should be free to relocate to Biafra if they want. The point here is that there are non-Igbo majorities in those states and Biafra better not think those majority non-Igbo states are part of it...

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by EasternPride: 5:09am On Jun 21, 2015
Ishilove:

Lmao! I thought Biafra was every Igbo man's dream until I asked a couple of my core Igbo friends. They looked at me askance, as if to say I don't know what I was saying. One of them, said 'Biafra ko, Benita ni'. cheesy

Tell me this ur friends don't live in Lagos, tell me they live in Enugu, Aba, Owerri, Abakaliki, Umuahia, And Igweocha or Uyo.

U don't know what is happening, if u came to Aba on 30th May, and the present situation on ground, u won't be talking rubbish, whoever u are.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by dinachi(m): 7:31am On Jun 21, 2015
Allosaurus:

May Amadioha damage your life for claiming to be Igbo when ur not
Amadioha died long ago!
After he led you into the war and ran from Nigerian bullets and heavy shelling!
Call something stronger or keep quiet.

6 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by dinachi(m): 7:35am On Jun 21, 2015
Xpaz:

You can rignt millions of this if you like but the truth is thatvyou can't and non of it can stop d movement.
There is no movement anywhere. Nnamdi KANU is another Asari like fellow making money from gullible people like you. Many of you are not smart at all! Have you asked yourself why he started his radio station after Jonathan lost the election?
He wants to use the medium to raise money from fools like you who will throw away your lives savings to support a smarter man who is an expert in playing with your emotions!

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by dinachi(m): 7:38am On Jun 21, 2015
tensazangetsu:
A one Nigeria is not benefitting anyone.
What did Biafra benefit the Igboman?
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by cheruv: 7:44am On Jun 21, 2015
dinachi:
The simple question I always ask is where was almighty Igbo man before the british came?
Selfhating Igbo!!
Bupu asu! angry

5 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Nobody: 7:47am On Jun 21, 2015
Ah see ur really scared.

All I can say is - So u expect igbos to remain in Nigeria because of the fear of bombs, mortars and shelling sounds and death that will come with it

one thing I assure u is that sooner or later Nigeria will split, how it will happen, i don't know. but @ d right time, it will happen so long as oppression n inequality reigns supreme against SS n SE.

SLAVE.

If ur Igbo, u will understand this - Ejiro mgbagbu ghara ogu.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by dinachi(m): 7:52am On Jun 21, 2015
cheruv:

Selfhating Igbo!!
Bupu asu! angry
Am sorry you are not violent enough yet! Stop sounding tough here grab a rifle and force yourself out of Nigeria make we see.
Clown!
That is how foolish minded people like you almost destroyed the future of a generation of Igbo children. Almost 2 million Igbos killed for nothing! Even Ojukwu fled when he say the handwriting on the wall. Here you are hiding behind your keyboard typing rubbish. Go and fight now. Who is holding you back?

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by dinachi(m): 7:58am On Jun 21, 2015
chuna1985:

If ur Igbo, u will understand this - Ejiro mgbagbu ghara ogu.
Have you asked yourself why Ojukwu after he came back only talked about the Biafra of the mind? Some of you kids who did not experience the war should do yourself a favor and read. Biafra was the worst place in the world to live!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Mimi Adzape Shares Pants As Campaign Souvenirs (Photos) / Buhari's Campaign Promise Of Defeating Boko Haram About To Be Delivered / Nnamdi Kanu Parents Burial: Police Destroyed 2 CCTV Camera, But I Have 36 Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.