Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,675 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. (64500 Views)

Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja / Biafra: Igbos Want To Reconolize South-South-waziri Ringim / Breaking News!!! 2 Dead As Rivers Indigenes And Pro Biafra Igbos Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by kettykings: 8:54am On Jun 20, 2015
after1:

You can open it and invite me. No one can ever better Ojuiku in cowardice. He is the only coward general of the whole world, anyone after him is a fake coward cheesy

As soon as the mods give their consent.
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Nobody: 8:55am On Jun 20, 2015
dinachi:

Our peoples optimism is totally baseless.
Look at Abia state, see how a supposed Biafran governor T.A Orji ran the place like a concentration camp.
Some of our people fail to learn from history.
Every igbo governor has an hausa fulani Godfather after secession revolution comes. Igbos are hated in Nigeria so let them go.
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by alerabson(m): 8:55am On Jun 20, 2015
dinachi:
I feel a deep sense of grief and bewilderment when I read a lot of misguided comments from my Igbo brothers with some calling for a violent secession from Nigeria. Most of the generation of people making these statement never witnessed the civil war. They did not see first hand the horrors of war. They did not experience the terrific impact of bombs or the loud ear splitting sounds of heavy artillery shells as the explode. Should I talk about the economic impact? How our people were reduced to paupers and had to start from the scratch. How beautiful daughters were forcefully torn from the warm embrace of their families and married off to leprous men in the North just to spite our people. Only a mentally deranged and prone to self destruction individual will ever in his life support a violent secession from Nigeria.

Our problem is not secession. Our problem is learning how to live with other tribes in harmony while doing our businesses. Our focus should be on how to build consensus across the nation for vital political interests.

I laugh heartliy when I see some misguided Niger Delta youths like barcanista and co trying to be clever by half by playing to our sense of entitlement. Speaking from both sides of the mouth about how our people are being pushed aside and marginalized.
Yet these are the same people that effectively sabotaged the Biafran struggle under Ojukwu. These are the same people that lead the enemy in through our backyards and betrayed their so called brothers. Now they have started a new song because their brother Jonathan who performed woefully was booted out by majority of Nigerians.

I want us to know sometime that is historical. The moment an attempt is made to secede, the I jaws will immediately turn their backs and negotiate us away to advance their interests. So we will end up alone fighting the whole of Nigeria and loosing again.

When the chips are down, we are always alone.

Another point to consider is that Nigeria has become too intergrated to break up. Almost every family has in laws across their tribe. How will that be handled?

Igbo are the most integrated people in Nigeria with business interests across the six geopolitical zones of Nigeria. Most of our people will become jobless or stay and be killed the moment a secession is declared.

Those who knew the truth will tell you that even inside Biafra there were still serious cases of tribalism and nepotism, even under the revered Ojukwu. That was why ahiara declaration became necessary to tackle these issues.

Finally, we are not ready militarily and would only be engaging in another massive waste of life if we insist on our ways.
So my people do not be deceived! Our best and only bet is to remain as law abiding citizens of Nigeria while doing our best to continue to be relevant in the scheme of things.
Ka Chineke mezie okwu.

Front page pls
Cc lalasticlala, Ishilove etc.
a reasonable speech from a moral brother may Allah bless your mama,ur life and ur dependent #NIGERIAas1

5 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Scholes007(m): 8:56am On Jun 20, 2015
mistypiper:

I don't want war , but when the Biafra people wants war im sure they would get it.
hahaha you should go give it to them...
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Ishilove: 8:57am On Jun 20, 2015
0merta:

Emi ni nonsense man? Ti n ba gba oju e...

You banned my other moniker about 3 weeks ago and na that moniker I dey like use well well...

Abeg, unban am before I send my boys to you! I'm serious o...
Do your illest... cool
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by after1: 8:57am On Jun 20, 2015
lygn19:
lol... we are beginning to find out who d vultures are... and really they are vultures. Buhari said d "dogs and d baboons wud be soaked in blood" so dz are d vultures who go to scavenge on d remainders of d dogs and baboons after they re gone... the truths are beginning to unfold. smiley cheesy

But you were supporting your brother when he denied ever throwing the jabs, never knew you are all like this. But i also know the animals and shameful lot of Nigeria, mhen...Those people sucks big time cheesy cheesy cheesy Shame.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 20, 2015
after1:

But you were supporting your brother when he denied ever throwing the jabs, never knew you are all like this. But i also know the animals and shameful lot of Nigeria, mhen...Those people sucks big time cheesy cheesy cheesy Shame.
ok
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by 0merta(m): 9:00am On Jun 20, 2015
Ishilove:

Do your illest... cool

grin grin

Oyaa, no vex, fine girl!

Unban am na!

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Nobody: 9:00am On Jun 20, 2015
Scholes007:
hahaha you should go give it to them...

lol wetin be my own with war, i like as i wake up dey watch the rain pouring and as i dey sip my beverage con dey reason nairaland. If i like i fit go back to sleep so i can never ask for war.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by alrahmanonline(m): 9:02am On Jun 20, 2015
dinachi:

I have!

Do they have the arms and ammunition now?

Yes they are indeed much more brutal than their fathers. They' brutally' hide behind keyboards to type on nairaland.
I died! Loooooolzzzzz

5 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by umar745(m): 9:15am On Jun 20, 2015
Princewill1:
RUBBISH TALK!!

OP have you heared that there will be a mass DNA test in biafraland when biafra comes,once you fail it;you will be sent to sokoto or osogbo to search for ur father.

LoL. When you pple stop been petty you'll be taken seriously

7 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by ABEngine(m): 9:51am On Jun 20, 2015
Biafra1000:

Rubbish post from a paid igbo man

I am BIAFRA,

Biafra you say, tomorrow something else would want to break out of Biafra. For how long will this disintegration continue? It's a useless venture if only you can see the end from the beginning of a things.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 20, 2015
Ndigbo looking for who to rip off since amalgamation. Biafra! I am from the South, but this whole ploy for secession is total BS backed by some avaricious fools whose god is their stomach.

#NoBiafraud

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by HiGod: 10:03am On Jun 20, 2015
kettykings:

Most igbos really do not want to secede but do not want to stay in this one nigeria with the way it is run where a lot of killings is going on in some parts of the country and people look the other way, where states are syphoning niger delta money using population as a yard stick but generate nothing in terms of income tax.
If Nigeria is really not prepared to change then my advice to igbos is to go

But who destroyed our beautiful and flourishing regional system of government in the first place before Hausas/Fulanis hijacked it when they realised what Igbos wanted to unleash on Nigerians through Unitary system of govt brought by Aguiyi Ironsi?

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Nobody: 10:12am On Jun 20, 2015
HiGod:

But who destroyed our beautiful and flourishing regional system of government in the first place before Hausas/Fulanis hijacked it when they realised what Igbos wanted to unleash on Nigerians through Unitary system of govt brought by Aguiyi Ironsi?
OK they finally realised that igbos wanted to unleash mayhem on Nigerians tru unitary system of govt, y didn't they reverse back to ur so called flourishing regional govt after d igbo's were ousted out of power?

5 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by fr3do(m): 10:13am On Jun 20, 2015
Ishilove:

Self-freedom to do what, exactly? I used to think Biafra was every Igbo man's dream. That is, until I opened up and began asking questions. That was when I realised that this whole Biafra nonsense are the agitations fueled by people with insidious designs. The same problem which you guys are complaining about will still rear it's head in a 100 folds if a secession takes place today because your leaders are greedy, corrupt and selfish. Just like the leaders from other ethnic groups in this country.

Crap!
It is a referendum and debate that will reveal how many people want Biafra, not a yorubaman's investigation.
Why do you care about how we will cope in our biafra? Is it your biafra?

7 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Ishilove: 10:15am On Jun 20, 2015
fr3do:

Crap!
It is a referendum and debate that will reveal how many people want Biafra, not a yorubaman's investigation.
Why do you care about how we will cope in our biafra? Is it your biafra?
Biafra is a mirage. The earlier you guys realise this, the better it will be for everybody.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by fr3do(m): 10:20am On Jun 20, 2015
Scrypt:
Ndigbo looking for who to rip off since amalgamation. Biafra! I am from the South, but this whole ploy for secession is total BS backed by some avaricious fools whose god is their stomach.

#NoBiafraud

And under the current dispensation in Nigeria, the Fulanis are not ripping you off?

Do you know? In texas, USA, the oil on a person's land is theirs, they only need a license to drill and would only need to pay tax to government on what is being drilled. But in 9ja, your oil is for everybody but their cocoa and tomato isn't.

All these words are for you if by chance you happen to be a SSner.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by fr3do(m): 10:26am On Jun 20, 2015
Ishilove:

Biafra is a mirage. The earlier you guys realise this, the better it will be for everybody.

A mirage but you are here dissuading people about it as if your life depends on it.
A mirage but a 3 year war was fought for it barely 48 years ago.
A mirage but a radio station is named after it.

Biafra is here!

5 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Nobody: 10:26am On Jun 20, 2015
fr3do:

And under the current dispensation in Nigeria, the Fulanis are not ripping you off?

Do you know? In texas, USA, the oil on a person's land is theirs, they only need a license to drill and would only need to pay tax to government on what is being drilled. But in 9ja, your oil is for everybody but their cocoa and tomato isn't.

[All these words are for you if by chance you happen to be a SSner.
OK, you want out right? What gives you the impression that secession would yield the outcome you seek? Do you think building from scratch is easy? Go figure.

If you must go on with your plans, leave Edo, Delta, Akwaibom and Rivers out of your greed.

Nigeria will be great again.

6 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by omonnakoda: 10:28am On Jun 20, 2015
Is somebody trying to persuade Eboes to stay in Nigeria? Why? what for? Please let them go like yesterday as long as they stick to their allocated boundaries . If they do not try to claim what is not theirs there is no problem. They are not needed in the Nigeria we are trying to build.Surprisingly not one Eboe Senator or member of the House of representatives has mooted the idea. Do it peacefully and you will be surprised how quickly it will happen. There is no need for violence. I suspect though that some are motivated to avenge Biafra and will only be satisfied by a violent process be assured if you go down that route there will be more Ogonis than Eboes left at the end of it all

9 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by fr3do(m): 10:28am On Jun 20, 2015
ABEngine:

Biafra you say, tomorrow something else would want to break out of Biafra. For how long will this disintegration continue? It's a useless venture if only you can see the end from the beginning of a things.

Why do you care?

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Ishilove: 10:29am On Jun 20, 2015
fr3do:

A mirage but you are here dissuading people about it as if your life depends on it.

Biafra is here!
A civil war was fought for it and how did it end?

As for the Radio station, I blame the government for allowing a corrupt and mentally unbalanced man float a radio station for divisive purposes.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by HiGod: 10:30am On Jun 20, 2015
lygn19:

OK they finally realised that igbos wanted to unleash mayhem on Nigerians tru unitary system of govt, y didn't they reverse back to ur so called flourishing regional govt after d igbo's were ousted out of power?

I hate hypocrites with passion. Why attacking issues from the rear? The truth is that Igbos are reaping what they sow but the painful part of it are the innocents from other regions.

Hausas/Fulanis couldn't change the system from regional system of govt (federalism) to unitary system of govt in 60s cos they know that Southerners will definitely resists it with everything in their disposal but Igbos bleeped the system up singlehandedly through military coup.

Northerners and Westerners pleaded with Aguiyi Ironsi not to tour that unitary govt path but he blatantly turned all the pleas down and surprisingly, Igbos(Obis, Ezes, captain of industries and professionals) kept mute while this was going on.

Hausas/Fulanis seized that opportunity and hijacked the whole system.

So you expect Hausas/Fulanis who are enjoying the turn of event to change the system back to regional system of govt? You are on a long tin.

"Hunters(Igbos) became hunted".

14 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by omonnakoda: 10:31am On Jun 20, 2015
fr3do:

Biafra is here!
The war was fought because you chose to be violent and also to take non Eboe territory. You cannot achieve Biafra by violence so leave that story. We all want yyou to go do not be deceived but it must be by due process . You will be allocated your share of the National debt which is quite substantial considering the damage you caused by your Biafra misadventure and then you can be on your merry way

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by fr3do(m): 10:40am On Jun 20, 2015
Scrypt:

OK, you want out right? What gives you the impression that secession would yield the outcome you seek? Do you think building from scratch is easy? Go figure.

If you must go on with your plans, leave Edo, Delta and Akwaibom and Rivers out of your greed.

Nigeria will be great again.

You do not speak for the people of the artificial states you mention.
Upon the actualisation of a seperate country comprising the 5 SE states, the non-SE Igbos and other ethnic nationalities in the south upon the thought of being stuck with the imperial Hausa-fulani and their SW stooges will automatically want out. It is then that the nations will come together and negotiate their union not like the one racist slave traders put them into. It will then be a choice between Niger delta republic or Biafra, or even a unified lower Niger.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by fr3do(m): 10:46am On Jun 20, 2015
omonnakoda:
The war was fought because you chose to be violent and also to take non Eboe territory. You cannot achieve Biafra by violence so leave that story. We all want yyou to go do not be deceived but it must be by due process . You will be allocated your share of the National debt which is quite substantial considering the damage you caused by your Biafra misadventure and then you can be on your merry way

Biafra will go with all Igbo sub-groups so long as they don't object, Igbo land is far beyond the politically carved out 5 SE states.

5 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Nobody: 10:50am On Jun 20, 2015
HiGod:

I hate hypocrites with passion. Why attacking issues from the rear? The truth is that Igbos are reaping what they sow but the painful part of it are the innocents from other regions.

Hausas/Fulanis couldn't change the system from regional system of govt (federalism) to unitary system of govt in 60s cos they know that Southerners will definitely resists it with everything in their disposal but Igbos bleeped the system up singlehandedly through military coup.

Northerners and Westerners pleaded with Aguiyi Ironsi not to tour that unitary govt path but he blatantly turned all the pleas down and surprisingly, Igbos(Obis, Ezes, captain of industries and professionals) kept mute while this was going on.

Hausas/Fulanis seized that opportunity and hijacked the whole system.

So you expect Hausas/Fulanis who are enjoying the turn of event to change the system back to regional system of govt? You are on a long tin.

"Hunters(Igbos) became hunted".

(1) the mastermind of d coup was from d mid west.
(2) Aguiyi Ironsi didn't become head of state because he wanted to but, he was part of d ppl he stopped d coup and him being d highest ranking officer as at that time took over.
(3) go and read abt military coups and regimes they normally use the unitary system so they can easily hold stead.
(4) Aguiyi Ironsi locked up d coup plotters but his crime was st he delayed a trial on dem, maybe for his personal reasons having thought that if they were put on trial and everything was to return back to normal he wudnt be head of state anymore, how did d average igbo man who was working as a clerk in Enugu, Lagos or Kaduna as at that time influence Aguiyi Ironsi s decision? He did it as his own accord.
(5) u said when Aguiyi Ironsi changed d system of govt and other regions complained d igbo's kept mute, is it not how ppl like u wud say tomorrow if another Biafran war starts dat IGBOS are fighting war with Nigerians dat all IGBOS supported it so all must suffer, u won't remember dat Igbos like ne and others argued with our fellow igbos and even with ppl like u dat we are not in support of Biafra?...
(6) der is something abt Life dat we igbo's have learnt, even if not all some of us by reading and analysing events and happenings in Nigeria, it takes just one small action, just in less than 24hours can ruin a man. Who wud hv thought that igbos that were so much enjoying d Nigeria creation so much dat at one point in Nigeria they were d richest dominating in every sector wud fall in just a day, just because of d actions and thoughts of one man "Kaduna Nzeogwu"...
So Mr man u can be beefing igbos all u like hate us if u like, d civil war and dz present state of Igbos in Nigeria is the highest Nigeria can do to us, pray dat when ur own time of trial comes others won't treat u d way u treated dem.

8 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 20, 2015
fr3do:

You do not speak for the people of the artificial states you mention.
Upon the actualisation of a seperate country comprising the 5 SE states, the non-SE Igbos and other ethnic nationalities in the south upon the thought of being stuck with the imperial Hausa-fulani and their SW stooges will automatically want out. It is then that the nations will come together and negotiate their union not like the one racist slave traders put them into. It will then be a choice between Niger delta republic or Biafra, or even a unified lower Niger.
one Nigeria o, don't mk me shoot u.
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by fr3do(m): 10:54am On Jun 20, 2015
lygn19:
one Nigeria o, don't mk me shoot u.

cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Mimi Adzape Shares Pants As Campaign Souvenirs (Photos) / Buhari's Campaign Promise Of Defeating Boko Haram About To Be Delivered / Nnamdi Kanu Parents Burial: Police Destroyed 2 CCTV Camera, But I Have 36 Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.