Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,594 members, 7,843,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. (64957 Views)

Biafra: Igbos Would Require Visa, Work Permit To Re-enter Lagos, Abuja / Biafra: Igbos Want To Reconolize South-South-waziri Ringim / Breaking News!!! 2 Dead As Rivers Indigenes And Pro Biafra Igbos Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jun 21, 2015
BABANGBALI:
meshonu
What are u saying?
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jun 21, 2015
All I want is resource control...after that nigeria can go to hell...country wey no get direction... angry...a country where a certain group of people are treated like second hand citizens...lets practice true federalism and make man pikin rest... angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by chibuezewilliam: 11:09pm On Jun 21, 2015
chamboy:
Your brothers would blast u soon
yea,I expect the ones back east to finish me

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Franklyly: 11:10pm On Jun 21, 2015
buggaboo:

Q.E.D
Your comment closes this thread for me.
Igbos are black republicans, that's why you'll never see any strong traditional ruler like an Oba in their land. They believe in "Power to the people", and a level playing ground for all.
I am praying against any violent uprising (God forbid), but it may become inevitable if they believe that the country will never provide that level playing ground.

CHIBUEZE my broda, we dont worship any oba or emir!

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Jobneeded12: 11:11pm On Jun 21, 2015
brize:
rich folks?? So do you think that when Biafra comes then all Igbo(biafran) properties/investment in other region will be called abandoned property?? Or dont people have properties in other countries??

If you still want your properties then we must still own your oil wells
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by chamboy(m): 11:11pm On Jun 21, 2015
IzonOwei:
All I want is resource control...after that nigeria can go to hell...country wey no get direction... angry...a country where a certain group of people are treated like second hand citizens...lets practice true federalism and make man pikin rest... angry
Your Brother was d President, wetin him do

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by chibuezewilliam: 11:11pm On Jun 21, 2015
dinachi:

This is refreshing. Our people needs to tell ourselves the truth. We have a lot of investments in the north and Yorubaland and even the south south. After the last war our supposed Biafra brothers the I jaws in Rivers state seized our properties and termed it abandoned properties
These clown here still fail to learn their lessons.
The time of civil war is a time for other tribes to advance ahead of us. Many are praying for Biafra eyeing Igbo properties in their area and hoping we secede.
my brother I don tire oooo

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jun 21, 2015
chibuezewilliam:
Nice one op....the truth is that it will be very difficult for biafra to secede now,times have changed,we are no more in the sixties....checking the amount of successful ibos in the south west here will make our brothers back home think again,which ibo man will leave his properties and businesses to be clamouring for biafra,my dad has a house here in lagos,my uncles and inlaws to have,dat applies to oda ibos in south west,abi una wan tell me say alaba boys go follow fight for biafra abi.....my people men don wise up ooo,nobody get time to fight again...I am proudly ibo and I support the motion...#ONENIGERIA.
honeatly you are making sense........a lot of igbo will bethray d fight because dey can't loose all they have made all dea life and go bck and start over in dea village .
and immediately d war start yoruba will start pursuing dem out of dea states ....abeg will dey feed dem wen dey return??
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by udokpuenyi(m): 11:13pm On Jun 21, 2015
Our identity and personal information has been compromised on nairaland hence I am replacing all post with this information.
If you are reading this information, please remove all your personal information from this site or ignore the message at your risk.
As if rule 9 is not enough , you still went and ahead to give out our ip addressess and social media contact

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Jobneeded12: 11:14pm On Jun 21, 2015
Genius100:

Dude, feel free to conduct a poll on Nairaland and you will realize I'm 100% right. What I'm telling you is that Nigerians will gladly support the secession of a Biafra that consist of the 5 SE states. So let's stop the silly narrative that Nigerians do not want Biafra to secede.

The only time there will be issues is if Biafra wants to forcefully take the oil producing states. The Ijaws, Itsekiri, Ibibios no go gree.. That's the bottom line..

Thank you for saying the Bitter truth
Yorubas will support Igbos lesving with those 5 states INFACT we will protest for you
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by dinachi(m): 11:14pm On Jun 21, 2015
Lordave:
Dude, I've been following this thread gently until I just realised that I can't contain your foolishness any longer. It still marvels me why Nairaland and Seun allowed this shittty thread to thrive while it's clear this dickheaded prick is an impostor? Seun isn't this slowpoke violating a rule? What are the mods doing? This guy just opened a hate inciting thread and all of you suddenly went to bed. You mods better wake up before I join in disgracing this shameful billy goat.
How is the thread hate inciting?
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Atk1nson(m): 11:14pm On Jun 21, 2015
tensazangetsu:
I said men not women.
U mustn't use what happens in your village to generalise. A Lot Of Inter tribal marriages occur in Lagos involving Igbo men.
I don't see the sense is striving for a landlocked country with hostile neighbours and lot of internally displaced place. Igbos are likely to be most affected because they are the most travelled and dispersed in Nigeria.

Many of you talking war know nothing of it, my grand dad while he was yet alive told me of the horrors of the biafran war and how they had to live in the bush because of constant air raid.
He also made spoke of the atrocities fellow Igbo con mitted using the chaos during d war as cover.
The story is d same if u speak to any elderly Igbo man.
All we want is a fair nigeria, and not a race or religion thing.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jun 21, 2015
chamboy:
Your Brother was d President, wetin him do
wetin him for do when the country dey craze...?.. angry..them no even allow the guy rest..bokoharam no allow am rest apart from the fact say him NO try too...imagine the whole country has to suffer the shame and reproach bokoharam insurgents are heaping on us just because nigeria is one...just for few years power moved to the south south we no gree hear word...

Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by rudebouy: 11:16pm On Jun 21, 2015
dinachi:

Where did it gain momentum? Only in your imagination!

At some point I was abt to believe dat 90% of d igbos on nairaland and on d streets are fools. I even opened a thread on it. But you just prove to me dat der are still some sensible igbo men in the country, especially on nairaland.

Thank you sir.
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by sokera: 11:19pm On Jun 21, 2015
Bifwoli:
Igboland should still aim to secede regardless.Nothing good comes easily and if it means war then so be it coz right now Igbo folks are getting a raw deal with their resources being misused by the rest of a godamned country of leeches.
what resources are you talking about ?

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by ruffDiamond: 11:23pm On Jun 21, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Hey speak 4 ur anioma people alone Not Every SSners share ur Biafra dream with u.

If Nigeria disntegrate i will rather av an Independent Iteskiri Nation, or Form alliance with my brothers from SW, cous I gat nothing common with u Igbos, luv u guys thou

SS does not start nor end on ur little anioma Land,, they disturb our ear everyday, Mtchewwwwwww
grin grin see as u bust my belle with laff me I just commot from NL jail dis evening o sadwhen I found this thread na deir matter make dem ban me o nothing I enjoy better than'shelling' those biaFRAUDIANS from close range grin but I don run outta bullet now sha make I reserve my remaining ammo against tomorrow e don late

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by chamboy(m): 11:23pm On Jun 21, 2015
IzonOwei:
wetin him for do when the country dey craze...?.. angry..them no even allow the guy rest..bokoharam no allow am rest apart from the fact say him NO try too...imagine the whole country has to suffer the shame and reproach bokoharam insurgents are heaping on us just because nigeria is one...just for few years power moved to the south south we no gree hear word...

Nonsense
so bh emerged because of him...Use dis brain na
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by winniz: 11:24pm On Jun 21, 2015
[s][/s]dinachi:
I feel a deep sense of grief and bewilderment when I read a lot of misguided comments from my Igbo brothers with some calling for a violent secession from Nigeria. Most of the generation of people making these statement never witnessed the civil war. They did not see first hand the horrors of war. They did not experience the terrific impact of bombs or the loud ear splitting sounds of heavy artillery shells as the explode. Should I talk about the economic impact? How our people were reduced to paupers and had to start from the scratch. How beautiful daughters were forcefully torn from the warm embrace of their families and married off to leprous men in the North just to spite our people. Only a mentally deranged and prone to self destruction individual will ever in his life support a violent secession from Nigeria.

Our problem is not secession. Our problem is learning how to live with other tribes in harmony while doing our businesses. Our focus should be on how to build consensus across the nation for vital political interests.

I laugh heartliy when I see some misguided Niger Delta youths like barcanista and co trying to be clever by half by playing to our sense of entitlement. Speaking from both sides of the mouth about how our people are being pushed aside and marginalized.
Yet these are the same people that effectively sabotaged the Biafran struggle under Ojukwu. These are the same people that lead the enemy in through our backyards and betrayed their so called brothers. Now they have started a new song because their brother Jonathan who performed woefully was booted out by majority of Nigerians.

I want us to know sometime that is historical. The moment an attempt is made to secede, the I jaws will immediately turn their backs and negotiate us away to advance their interests. So we will end up alone fighting the whole of Nigeria and loosing again.

When the chips are down, we are always alone.

Another point to consider is that Nigeria has become too intergrated to break up. Almost every family has in laws across their tribe. How will that be handled?

Igbo are the most integrated people in Nigeria with business interests across the six geopolitical zones of Nigeria. Most of our people will become jobless or stay and be killed the moment a secession is declared.

Those who knew the truth will tell you that even inside Biafra there were still serious cases of tribalism and nepotism, even under the revered Ojukwu. That was why ahiara declaration became necessary to tackle these issues.

Finally, we are not ready militarily and would only be engaging in another massive waste of life if we insist on our ways.
So my people do not be deceived! Our best and only bet is to remain as law abiding citizens of Nigeria while doing our best to continue to be relevant in the scheme of things.
Ka Chineke mezie okwu.[s][/s]

This Yoruba fool just keep your advice to yourself Igbos don't need it.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by dinachi(m): 11:24pm On Jun 21, 2015
udokpuenyi:

I can bet my 50 cent, you are not an Igbo, but why you are ashame of your identity gives more concern than the gibberish thread you started and sustained.
Shame on you
Many of the Igbo political class also disagreed with Ojukwu hasty declaration of Biafra. Chief among them was the Owelle of Onitsha His Excellency Rt Hon Dr.Nnamdi Azikiwe. By 1969 when the war was still on he left and went to the side of Nigeria. Gowon immediately contacted him and his diplomacy and sagacity helped to save what was left when the curtain eventually collapsed on Biafra. So do not be surprised, I will never support idiocy even if an Igbo man is the one behind it.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jun 21, 2015
chibuezewilliam:
yea,I expect the ones back east to finish me

hehe
I am back East, but I gat your back bro. Ride or die chick, you drive_ I shoot. Hahahaha.

You're right somehow, majority of those ones that have lived in the East all their life , can so promote tribalism.
Lets drop the hate, and move on.
Some set of people are out to benefit from the secession.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by LAGrejectIBO: 11:25pm On Jun 21, 2015
Atk1nson:

U mustn't use what happens in your village to generalise. A Lot Of Inter tribal marriages occur in Lagos involving Igbo men.

How has the result of inter tribal marriage between you and Yoruba made you to love and respect Awolowo?
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by chibuezewilliam: 11:25pm On Jun 21, 2015
udokpuenyi:

No Igbo will gain anything buy indulging in war of words with fellow Igbo. A true freedom fighter knows that not many will believe or share his aspiration but it does not stop him from continuing the struggle.
ok sir,make una continue wit una struggle,just know dat 90% of us in the north and south west wont join u guys...wish una goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by chamboy(m): 11:26pm On Jun 21, 2015
Can that Break just happen already.... I hate seeing Igbo chest-beat on dis biafra
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Octaves(m): 11:26pm On Jun 21, 2015
If Nigeria wants to be together, some things must come into place. Particularly resource control and devolution of power.
If the one Nigeria you are talking about is the type we have now, then u are just making mere speech and are far removed from reality.
Since 1960, Nigeria has been divided and if the root causes of the division are not tackled rather than giving fancy cliched peace speeches. Nigeria will continue to fall apart until the center cannot hold.
Biafra is a good idea for the easterners if Nigeria is not fixed.
Last time i checked, war has not been part of the equation of actualising biafra. Most activists are seeking peaceful solutions.
You opening this thread about a problem that doesnt exist or is insignificant makes me doubt your identity as an igbo man. U are either a Yoruba or yorobanized igbo. Either way, u dont know what you are saying.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by shurlermoz(m): 11:27pm On Jun 21, 2015
tensazangetsu:
lol how many igbo men have you met that are married to yoruba women or fulani women the few that do that are fools and don't know their history. The British never left nigeria they still control this country with neocolonialism and lastly in an igbo republic merit will reign over everything else no one cares if you are from asaba or aba.

There is no political setting in which merit can reign, don't just deceive ur self.
Even in a family, the father has his favourite of the kids, and the kids have their favourite amongst their parents.
The writer is not against Biafra, he is only against achieving succession thru violence.
When the Igbos eventually have Biafra, who will be the leaders? The same people that are milking monthly allocation dry right now?!

What we have in Nigeria is an endemic leadership failure, and no matter how much we split if we still go on with this mentality of greed and self first the story will remain the same.
A change is mentality is needed first, that in fact will fuel a genuine move and achievement of Biafra republic and not the self serving calls that we are having now.

NB. I'm not Igbo

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jun 21, 2015
IzonOwei:

Chairman, with the way Nigeria is going, resource control is the last thing Hausa Fulani dominated house will discuss and say Aye on.
You guys have been shouting RControl for a very long time, GEJ came and went and same thing. PIB was recently rubbished.

Like I reasoned one Okrika guy recently who was shouting against Biafra and shouting Resource Control, Nigeria can't grant us that shit, remember where I am from in Abia, we have oil too.

I just told him this, "azotaacha ala, azowa ute" - which in Igbo means, kill for the land space, later u can fight for the mat, which invariably means, why would u want resource control only, when u can wage a war against those who the govt, usurp them and win collectively, have the whole resources and even if u used it to cook oil soup, no one will care.

It really is a simple logic tho.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by udokpuenyi(m): 11:28pm On Jun 21, 2015
Our identity and personal information has been compromised on nairaland hence I am replacing all post with this information.
If you are reading this information, please remove all your personal information from this site or ignore the message at your risk.
As if rule 9 is not enough , you still went and ahead to give out our ip addressess and social media contact

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by mpowa(m): 11:29pm On Jun 21, 2015
dinachi:

We are more educated and well exposed than in 1914 when the amalgamation happened. So you have never heard about unity in diversity? The British left since the sixties and we are still going strong as a united nation. The most important lesson is understanding our differences and doing everything within our power to minimize it.
And do you think even if we split along ethnic lines, the Igbo man from Anambra will not love to lord it over and above his brother from Ebony I and vice versa. Or the Yoruba man from Osun will not like to overtake the man from Ogun?
It is about individuals!
Following your argument why should an Igbo man marrry a Yoruba Lady, then? Do they have similar cultures? Or why should an idoma lady marry a Fulani man?
It is very simple! Know your differences and minimize it. Each tribe and ethnic group in Nigeria has something positive to contribute if given the chance.

Probably the most enlightened Igbo man I've come across, how I wish there will be more Igbos with mentality like yours and this Nation will finally move forward. America is a nation with Varieties of ethnicities, even Race, but they lived together in unity, that is called CIVILIZATION, but here, we want to hold on to issues of 60 yrs ago, 100yrs ago - Nobody or no country moves forward, looking at the REAR-Mirror.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by chamboy(m): 11:29pm On Jun 21, 2015
Atk1nson:

I don't see the sense is striving for a landlocked country with hostile neighbours and lot of internally displaced place. Igbos are likely to be most affected because they are the most travelled and dispersed in Nigeria.

Many of you talking war know nothing of it, my grand dad while he was yet alive told me of the horrors of the biafran war and how they had to live in the bush because of constant air raid.
He also made spoke of the atrocities fellow Igbo con mitted using the chaos during d war as cover.
The story is d same if u speak to any elderly Igbo man.
All we want is a fair nigeria, and not a race or religion thing.
Hope u know Yoruba Men are more common with inter-tribal marriage than Igbo
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by chibuezewilliam: 11:29pm On Jun 21, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

hehe
I am back East, but I gat your back bro. Ride or die chick, you drive_ I shoot. Hahahaha.

You're right somehow, majority of those ones that have lived in the East all their life , can so promote tribalism.
Lets drop the hate, and move on.
Some set of people are out to benefit from the secession.
my love your head dey dere...dont worry i will come and take you to lagos so we can stay in my dad's mansion,we go buy more join sef.
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by chamboy(m): 11:30pm On Jun 21, 2015
mpowa:

Probably the most enlightened Igbo man I've come across, how I wish there will be more Igbos with mentality like yours and this Nation will finally move forward. America is a nation with Varieties of ethnicities, even Race, but they lived together in unity, that is called CIVILIZATION, but here, we want to hold on to issues of 60 yrs ago, 100yrs ago - Nobody or no country moves forward, looking at the REAR-Mirror.
Enlightenment seem to be the problem with most Igbos
Re: Biafra: Igbos Una Don Come Again. by winniz: 11:31pm On Jun 21, 2015
[s][/s]dinachi:

Many of the Igbo political class also disagreed with Ojukwu hasty declaration of Biafra. Chief among them was the Owelle of Onitsha His Excellency Rt Hon Dr.Nnamdi Azikiwe. By 1969 when the war was still on he left and went to the side of Nigeria. Gowon immediately contacted him and his diplomacy and sagacity helped to save what was left when the curtain eventually collapsed on Biafra. So do not be surprised, I will never support idiocy even if an Igbo man is the one behind it.[s][/s]

Stop fooling yourself this Yoruba Idiott, who made you Igbo? you have always been anti- Igbo, I'm surprised a mod brought this rubbish you wrote to FP.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (27) (Reply)

Fada Oluoma Reacts To Supreme Court Verdict On Imo Election / Prof. Yemi Oke Writes US President Biden, PM Of Canada In Response To Chimamanda / Peter Obi Returns From Egypt, Youths Take Selfie With Him At Abuja Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.