Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,316 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! (14367 Views)

'I Sold My Soul To Satan So What? I Don't Want No Heaven' - Nigerian Lady Shocks / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by malvisguy212: 4:31pm On Jun 24, 2015
GooseBaba:

Again, if i chose to rebel against god.. Who created rebellion... Me or your god..? What was his purpose of creating rebellion...?
were did God create rebellion? Is a rebellion now a 'thing' ? Smh
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by malvisguy212: 4:34pm On Jun 24, 2015
DrLazDevitan:

''B'' should not descend from ''A'',the only exception should be there is something of A inside B.

It is your senses of genuity and mindliness that inculcate your knowings with corruption.Man is a psychological being and by intoto can never be stable.Where one diverisifies on equating humanness with moral ethicalities of corruption,then one is supposing that man had freewill has a gift and not a thing of his own measure.Inotherwords man was never perfect nor imperfect-man was/is humanness!
if that's your view on man being imperfect, good for you. Did your god created man imperfect?
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by GooseBaba: 4:36pm On Jun 24, 2015
malvisguy212:

Oh no you didn't....!!!!!! shocked shocked Lol... Did you really ask that..? Did he not create the universe. Is rebellion not part of it... Damn... See what bible has done to reasoning.. Chei.. God abeg ohh..
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by Scholar8200(m): 4:36pm On Jun 24, 2015
johnydon22:

Ok so god created adam perfect, and then perfect adam made an imperfect decision and became imperfect. .

How did perfect Adam make imperfect decision. . .?
He yielded to temptation!

Besides, our use of the word perfect here does not mean Adam had all the Divine attributes in the same degree as God at creation: on the contrary, it was a starting point experience; The incorruptible body Christ had after resurrection was not the same body Adam had else what would have been the issue with the tree of life after the fall?
a careful reading through the mysteries in the gospels & epistles show that God still had further and greater plans for the man He had created before the latter fell.

Adam was on a kind of probationary stage (at the time he fell) else the tree of life and its consequence wont have been an issue after the fall. Why? Because in the Nature of Who HE is, never forces us into anything. However, the statement made by God showed He still had greater and higher plans for Adam.
Meaning Adam was a living soul, made a partaker of God's nature (to a certain degree) but was not without an intellect and will. Again,what would have been the need of a command to abstain from the tree if Adam already had the fullness of the Divine nature in perfection it being no choice of his?
The command given by God already shows that it was going to be a probationary period for the man and his part in God (perfection included) would be in stages as his cooperation and willingness will determine.
(thread is for a brother in need!)
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by johnydon22(m): 4:37pm On Jun 24, 2015
malvisguy212:
how do you worship God without freewill?man was created in His image, that why Jesus say "ye are god" but the choice man make has nothing to do with God, it's between Good and evil. The bible say satan was created perfect and with the finest materials but why did satan rebel against God?

Notice the "I WILL" in this verse, does this not proved that everyone is responsible for his freewill(action)?

Then it shows man already has the ability to be imperfect therefore since it has an ability to be imperfect it means man was never perfect. . How did satan that was perfect possess the ability to rebel. . . That satan possess the ability to rebel shows it is not perfect. . . Rebelling on satan's part is an imperfect trait, so how did a perfect being possess that imperfect trait?

Imagine even satan created with god's finest perfect material became imperfect, it seems making a perfect thing is impossible for this your perfect god.

So again, How did a supposedly perfect god create imperfect beings?

1 Like

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by johnydon22(m): 4:38pm On Jun 24, 2015
malvisguy212:

Nope rebellion is not a thing its an action. . . so who gave him the ability to rebel?
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by malvisguy212: 4:39pm On Jun 24, 2015
johnydon22:

You don't want to tell me what i want to know. .

How man that is created upright act against his upright nature and did something that is not upright?
read my second post, what do you understand by the word "corrupt"? Genesis 6:11-12 say human corrupt his OWN way.To "corrupt" means to make morally depraved. It means to pervert what is good and upright. It means to make unclean what was once clean. It
means to spoil what was once good and unspoiled. The word corrupt always implies a former state that was unspoiled, clean, good, or upright. It is never used to speak of the original created nature of man. It speaks of what man has become because of spoiling or perverting the nature with which he was created.
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by johnydon22(m): 4:40pm On Jun 24, 2015
Scholar8200:

He yielded to temptation!

Besides, our use of the word perfect here does not mean Adam had all the Divine attributes in the same degree as God at creation: on the contrary, it was a starting point experience;
a careful reading through the mysteries in the epistles show that God still had further and greater plans for the man He had created before the latter fell.

Adam was on a kind of probationary stage (at the time he fell) else the tree of life and its consequence wont have been an issue after the fall. However, the statement made by God showed He still had greater and higher plans for Adam.

It is just two options. . . Its either something is perfect or its not.

Again, How did a perfect created Adam make an imperfect decision which is yielding to temptation..?
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by DrLazDevitan: 4:40pm On Jun 24, 2015
malvisguy212:
how do you worship God without freewill?man was created in His image, that why Jesus say "ye are god" but the choice man make has nothing to do with God, it's between Good and evil. The bible say satan was created perfect and with the finest materials but why did satan rebel against God?
Isaiah 14:12–15
12 “How you are fallen from heaven,
O Day Star, son of Dawn!
How you are cut down to the ground,
you who laid the nations low!
13 You said in your heart,
I will ascend to heaven;
above the stars of God
I will set my throne on high;
I will sit on the mount of assembly
in the far reaches of the north;
14 I will ascend above the heights of the
clouds;
I will make myself like the Most High.’
15 But you are brought down to Sheol,
to the far reaches of the pit.

Notice the "I WILL" in this verse, does this not proved that everyone is responsible for his freewill(action)?

Free is man's own pride.Freewill has been inviolable,inalienable,transhistorical,immutable,non-transmutable,non-inheritable and does not has a owner or giver of it.

You can't make a car and fuel that car to drive itself at its own speed.Freewill is not like that.Freewill does not pre-occupy itself with any divine demiurge.Freewill is beyond or transcend ethical judgement.
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by malvisguy212: 4:41pm On Jun 24, 2015
johnydon22:

Nope rebellion is not a thing its an action. . . so who gave him the ability to rebel?
God gave you freewill to chose from and you chose to rebel against Him.

Satan is involved in your deception.
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by johnydon22(m): 4:42pm On Jun 24, 2015
malvisguy212:
read my second post, what do you understand by the word "corrupt"? Genesis 6:11-12 say human corrupt his OWN way.To "corrupt" means to make morally depraved. It means to pervert what is good and upright. It means to make unclean what was once clean. It
means to spoil what was once good and unspoiled. The word corrupt always implies a former state that was unspoiled, clean, good, or upright. It is never used to speak of the original created nature of man. It speaks of what man has become because of spoiling or perverting the nature with which he was created.

Great, that man was able to corrupt his own way shows that man had the ability to corrupt and this is imperfect.

So how did perfect man have the ability to corrupt (imperfection)?
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by malvisguy212: 4:43pm On Jun 24, 2015
DrLazDevitan:

Free is man's own pride.Freewill has been inviolable,inalienable,transhistorical,immutable,non-transmutable,non-inheritable and does not has a owner or giver of it.

You can't make a car and fuel that car to drive itself at its own speed.Freewill is not like that.Freewill does not pre-occupy itself with any divine demiurge.Freewill is beyond or transcend ethical judgement.
yes, you are right, satan is involved.
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by johnydon22(m): 4:44pm On Jun 24, 2015
malvisguy212:
God gave you freewill to chose from and you chose to rebel against Him.

Satan is involved in your deception.

Lol. . How could there be freewill when he already know what i would choose and cannot be wrong. . If you say he doesn't know what i would do then he is not omniscient, if he is omniscient then how could they be freewill..

Again how did perfect satan turn imperfect and then influence perfect man to turn imperfect too . . . You see its a chain of imperfection of which all came out from one source!!

1 Like

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by DrLazDevitan: 4:45pm On Jun 24, 2015
malvisguy212:
if that's your view on man being imperfect, good for you. Did your god created man imperfect?

I am none of any gods!

Man is neither imperfect nor perfect.Man is a degree of his own awareness.Simple!

1 Like

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by DrLazDevitan: 4:47pm On Jun 24, 2015
malvisguy212:

This is not a matter of satan.Your lack of comprehension of what freewill is makes this place a mess site.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by GooseBaba: 4:48pm On Jun 24, 2015
malvisguy212:

All hail the great satan... The biblical fall guy.. grin
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by malvisguy212: 4:48pm On Jun 24, 2015
johnydon22:

Great, that man was able to corrupt his own way shows that man had the ability to corrupt and this is imperfect.

So how did perfect man have the ability to corrupt (imperfection)?
very Good, you live God out of this.

Alright, you reject God, were did it start? By your own idea that God does not exist? As long as you cannot disprove his existence, it mean you reject God by your own invention.
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by Scholar8200(m): 4:48pm On Jun 24, 2015
johnydon22:

It is just two options. . . Its either something is perfect or its not.

Again, How did a perfect created Adam make an imperfect decision which is yielding to temptation..?
[
Adam's perfection was not a built-in ability like the beating of the heart! God is a Spirit and Adam's spiritual progress was not going to be achieved in an instant (that will be unlike God's nature)

Besides, our use of the word perfect here does not mean Adam had all the Divine attributes in the same degree as God at creation: on the contrary, it was a starting point experience;( The incorruptible body Christ had after resurrection was not the same body Adam had else what would have been the issue with the tree of life after the fall?)

A careful reading through the mysteries in the gospels & epistles show that God still had further and greater plans for the man He had created before the latter fell.
Adam was on a kind of probationary stage (at the time he fell) else the tree of life and its consequence wont have been an issue after the fall. Why? Because God, in the Nature of Who HE is, never forces us into anything. However, the statement made by God showed He still had greater and higher plans for Adam.

Meaning Adam was a living soul, made a partaker of God's nature (to a certain degree) but was not without an intellect and will. Again,what would have been the need of a command to abstain from the tree if Adam already had the fullness of the Divine nature in perfection it being no choice of his?

The command given by God already shows that it was going to be a probationary period for the man and his part in God (perfection included) would be in stages as his cooperation and willingness will determine.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by malvisguy212: 4:49pm On Jun 24, 2015
GooseBaba:

All hail the great satan... The biblical fall guy.. grin
it's your choice.
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by malvisguy212: 4:50pm On Jun 24, 2015
DrLazDevitan:

This is not a matter of satan.Your lack of comprehension of what freewill is makes this place a mess site.
ok
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by GooseBaba: 4:52pm On Jun 24, 2015
malvisguy212:
it's your choice.

Not my choice bro, it's in the story line of your "babble "..
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by johnydon22(m): 4:54pm On Jun 24, 2015
malvisguy212:
very Good, you live God out of this.
Hahahahaha how can god be left out of it when he was the one that made imperfect man. .isn't it what we are talking about?. . .Man had the ability to be imperfect, shows man is imperfect, shows god has the ability to create something that is not perfect therefore is nothing near perfection himself.

Alright, you reject God, were did it start? By your own idea that God does not exist? As long as you cannot disprove his existence,
Hahahahahahaha disprove that which has not being proven.

Ok disprove that i have a white unicorn with diamond horns tied to my kitchen now grin

it mean you reject God by your own invention.
That i have the ability to reject anything shows the ability is innate. . . so this innate ability is as a result of the source...

1 Like

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by malvisguy212: 4:57pm On Jun 24, 2015
johnydon22:

Lol. . How could there be freewill when he already know what i would choose and cannot be wrong. . If you say he doesn't know what i would do then he is not omniscient, if he is omniscient then how could they be freewill..

Again how did perfect satan turn imperfect and then influence perfect man to turn imperfect too . . . You see its a chain of imperfection of which all came out from one source!!
if God already chose you to fall, then why did he say why beware? (1 Peter 5:cool.

How does God decide who will be His
children? The scripture says,
"...through Jesus Christ;" "...through His blood;" and, "...according to the riches of His grace." The focus of being "predestined" is more on "through Jesus Christ" than it is on us as individuals. It was God's eternal plan that Christ would give His life so that He could have children. Christ coming and dying was predestined. Therefore, our acceptance of that and our ultimate salvation in Him is also predestined (the culmination of God's eternal plan).

1 Like

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by johnydon22(m): 4:59pm On Jun 24, 2015
Scholar8200:
[
Adam's perfection was not a built-in ability like the beating of the heart! God is a Spirit and Adam's spiritual progress was not going to be achieved in an instant (that will be unlike God's nature)

Besides, our use of the word perfect here does not mean Adam had all the Divine attributes in the same degree as God at creation: on the contrary, it was a starting point experience;( The incorruptible body Christ had after resurrection was not the same body Adam had else what would have been the issue with the tree of life after the fall?)

A careful reading through the mysteries in the gospels & epistles show that God still had further and greater plans for the man He had created before the latter fell.
Adam was on a kind of probationary stage (at the time he fell) else the tree of life and its consequence wont have been an issue after the fall. Why? Because God, in the Nature of Who HE is, never forces us into anything. However, the statement made by God showed He still had greater and higher plans for Adam.

What was it then. . . Its a very simple case scenario and you keep copying and pasting your posts.

Was Adam perfect?

If yes, then how come a perfect being made an imperfect decision or better put had the ability to be imperfect, this shows it was imperfect fro the on set.

If No, same question. .how could imperfect adam come out from perfect god... U can't eat your cake and have it grin
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by johnydon22(m): 5:01pm On Jun 24, 2015
malvisguy212:
if God already chose you to fall, then why did he say why beware? (1 Peter 5:cool.

Landed. . . If he never knew what i would do before i do them then he is not omniscient. . . then that is settled.. smiley
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by malvisguy212: 5:04pm On Jun 24, 2015
This is my last post for now.

Another reason for rejecting God (choosing atheism), is a willing
acceptance of satanic deception.

The angel Lucifer fell and became Satan (“adversary”) due to his desire to supplant God. This was Lucifer’s single-minded obsession. He not only rejected God by attempting to supplant Him, but he urged humans to do likewise. Satan urged Eve to choose against God for her own self-fulfilment:

He said to the woman, “Did God actually say, ‘You shall not eat of any tree in the garden’?” And the woman said to the serpent, “We may eat of the fruit of the trees in the garden, but God said, ‘You shall not eat of the fruit of the tree that is in the midst of the garden, neither shall you touch it, lest you die.’” But the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die. For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.” (Genesis 3:1-5 ESV).

The tactic is clear: firstly, question God’s
statements, then, contradict God’s
statements and, finally, urge rebellion in seeking equality with God.

This manifests in atheists as
1. Questioning whether there is a God to
make statements in the first place, so
God did not say anything.
2. Contradicting the statements said to
have been spoken by God.
3. Seeking equality with God by replacing God with the self.

This satanic deception appeals strongly
to atheists as it bolsters two of their
desired delusions: 1) absolute autonomy; being free to do as they please, and 2) the lack of ultimate accountability; there are no eternal consequences for doing as they please.
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by Scholar8200(m): 5:08pm On Jun 24, 2015
johnydon22:

What was it then. . . Its a very simple case scenario and you keep copying and pasting your posts.

Was Adam perfect?

If yes, then how come a perfect being made an imperfect decision or better put had the ability to be imperfect, this shows it was imperfect fro the on set.

If No, same question. .how could imperfect adam come out from perfect god... U can't eat your cake and have it grin

See it this way, were the other creatures perfect?

The attribution of perfection to Adam is because:
1. he was more than flesh and blood;
2. he had a spirit which other creatures dont have;
3 his perfection was the result of his union with God, by his (Adam's) spirit;
4 the command by God (concerning avoiding a tree) shows that Adam's perfection was not holistic (in other words the union with God was not at once exhaustive; there were limits) and though God had that in mind, He wont do it without Adam's willing cooperation.
5. Corollary therefore is that God set those limits because it will be against the Divine Nature to forge an exhaustive union at once sans the cooperation of Adam's will.

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by johnydon22(m): 5:10pm On Jun 24, 2015
Scholar8200:

See it this way, were the other creatures perfect?

The attribution of perfection to Adam is because:
4 the command by God (concerning avoiding a tree) shows that Adam's perfection was not holistic (in other words the union with God was not at once exhaustive; there were limits) and though God had that in mind, He wont do it without Adam's willing cooperation.

Same thing again **face palm**

Perfection means total excellence. .

since adam was not excellent (therefore fell) means ada was not perfect...

again, How did an alleged perfect god create something imperfect?
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by Scholar8200(m): 5:15pm On Jun 24, 2015
johnydon22:

Same thing again **face palm**

Perfection means total excellence. .

since adam was not excellent (therefore fell) means ada was not perfect...

again, How did an alleged perfect god create something imperfect?

The attribution of perfection (a Divine attribute) to Adam is because:
4[b]the command by God (concerning avoiding a tree) shows that Adam's perfection was not holistic (in other words the union with God was not at once exhaustive; there were limits) and though God had that in mind, He wont do it without Adam's willing cooperation.
[/b] Bear in mind that this perfection had its source from his union with God which was to be limited at the initial stages

5[b]Corollary therefore is that God set those limits because it will be against the Divine Nature to forge an exhaustive union at once sans the cooperation of Adam's will.[/b]
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by johnydon22(m): 5:22pm On Jun 24, 2015
Scholar8200:

The attribution of perfection (a Divine attribute) to Adam is because:
4[b]the command by God (concerning avoiding a tree) shows that Adam's perfection was not holistic (in other words the union with God was not at once exhaustive; there were limits) and though God had that in mind, He wont do it without Adam's willing cooperation.
[/b] Bear in mind that this perfection had its source from his union with God which was to be limited at the initial stages

5[b]Corollary therefore is that God set those limits because it will be against the Divine Nature to forge an exhaustive union at once sans the cooperation of Adam's will.[/b]
there is nothing like limited perfection. .Perfection is perfection, imperfection is imperfection.

Now there is a define perfection. . . Hahahahahahahahaha...

we are talking Adam as an entity if he is perfect not his mythological features like what you listed above..

He had the ability to make wrong(imperfect) decisions therefore had an imperfect trait, adam aint perfect then.

How did a perfect god create a perfect adam that became imperfect... ?

1 Like

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by Scholar8200(m): 5:35pm On Jun 24, 2015
johnydon22:
there is nothing like limited perfection. .Perfection is perfection, imperfection is imperfection.

Now there is a define perfection. . . Hahahahahahahahaha...

we are talking Adam as an entity if he is perfect not his mythological features like what you listed above..

He had the ability to make wrong(imperfect) decisions therefore had an imperfect trait, adam aint perfect then.

How did a perfect god create a perfect adam that became imperfect... ?

8 For the Sadducees say that there is ..., neither angel, nor spirit:

Is this also your belief?
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by DrLazDevitan: 8:47pm On Jun 24, 2015
Scholar8200:

8 For the Sadducees say that there is ..., neither angel, nor spirit:

Is this also your belief?

Don't use fallacy to mediate or butress your point.You can make spittles without water!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"Your Wife Must Eat First Before You Eat" - Prophetess Patience Obi To Men / Sometimes We Think There Will Be No More Nigeria But It Keeps Standing — Adeboye / A Testimony Of The Spiritual Realm(1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.