Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,113 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! (14358 Views)

'I Sold My Soul To Satan So What? I Don't Want No Heaven' - Nigerian Lady Shocks / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / How Do I Tell People I Am An Atheist? Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by wordcat(m): 10:00pm On Jun 22, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

The pronoun doesn't matter, bro. It doesn't have a gender wink.

Really?
So it is genderless grin cheesy grin
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:08pm On Jun 22, 2015
wordcat:

Really?
So it is genderless grin cheesy grin

Exactly.
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by wordcat(m): 10:14pm On Jun 22, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

Exactly.

Is it also shapeless grin
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:48pm On Jun 22, 2015
wordcat:

Is it also shapeless grin

You could say that too.

Shapes, as we know them, are merely 'concepts'. Concepts we use in our attempt to make sense of/navigate our environment.

What's the shape of the Atlantic? smiley
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by Nobody: 7:55am On Jun 23, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
I prefer d devil to islam(e)
of course sad
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by Nobody: 8:27am On Jun 23, 2015
finofaya:

Which language would you have me confuse myself in?

I know God the way you know reality. I wish I could take credit for the term "deism". The proof of God's existence is everything that exists. Deism is not a substitution for theism.

God does not have to be a perfectionist.

The PR men are only needed for sugar coating. When you questioned me I didnt know you wanted the sugar coating.

undecided

So who gets credit for god's existence?

All I read about deism is just a belief that tries to undermine other theists' concepts. It tries to provide a landing point for those who are finding it hard to do away with the concept of a creator; which I find nothing wrong in. It is always very hard to put aside false doctrines that one was thought from childhood.

I am not an atheist just for the sake of it, but, because I don't see any reason to believe in one.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by finofaya: 9:50am On Jun 23, 2015
theAtheist101:

All I read about deism is just a belief that tries to undermine other theists' concepts. It tries to provide a landing point for those who are finding it hard to do away with the concept of a creator; which I find nothing wrong in. It is always very hard to put aside false doctrines that one was thought from childhood.

I am not an atheist just for the sake of it, but, because I don't see any reason to believe in one.

Nobody. God just is. You might not like it, but that doesn't make it untrue.

Deism is not a landing point for anything. See how you're just being condescending anyhow.

The reasons to believe are there. You see them, you just don't agree with our interpretations of them.

[size=1pt]Dude I'm not a theist. I'm an atheist.[/size]
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by menesheh(m): 11:07am On Jun 23, 2015
jude2011:
I spoke with an atheist last month. I thought this guy was a demon but after my discussion with him, I was forced to have a rethink. He was brilliant,confident and argued with reasons. I have asked many christian brothers and even my pastor about the questions he raised. All they could say is that the ways of God is not the ways of man. One even said that asking such questions will amount to questioning God and that I will go to hell if I keep asking such questions. I did a lot of research on the questions on the internet and using my bible. There are many contradictions in the bible. Noah's ark, Jonah surviving three days in the belly of a big fish, without food,water and the digestive system of the fish went dead. Haba!!!! I also followed the post of many atheist on nairaland and I found there arguements logical and valid. I think I am gradually doubting religion. I don't go to church anymore and also, I am beginning to doubt the bible. My family is a highly religious one. My mother is a deaconess in my church. I am confused, I don't want to be an atheist but I am gradually becoming one. Religion does not appeal to me anymore. I NEED HELP, I DON'T WANT TO BE AN ATHEIST.

http://recoveringfromreligion.org/

this can help too
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by GooseBaba: 3:57pm On Jun 23, 2015
Ultimate001:

if he's delusional, what then would you say abt yourself? Well, the end will justify the means; time will tell! It's only that it would av been too late. May the Lord have mercy on you.

Kindly, point out just one aspect of my delusion... JUST ONE..!!!
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by GooseBaba: 4:17pm On Jun 23, 2015
theAtheist101:

From his deduction, I would agree that he is still holding on to theism. Because, from a deistic perspective there is no need to defend or speak for "God"... God is but a premise to seek knowledge not for worship or having friendship with one's imagination. When one says god is merciful, He said, he did or he likes that right there is believing. When one seeks to understand the cosmos, that's deism.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by GooseBaba: 4:20pm On Jun 23, 2015
finofaya:

Deism is not a landing point for anything. See how you're just being condescending anyhow.

The reasons to believe are there. You see them, you just don't agree with our interpretations of them.

[size=1pt]Dude I'm not a theist. I'm an atheist.[/size]

Bros, I get your point. BUT, I must ask. What is God to you.?
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by plaetton: 5:35pm On Jun 23, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

You could say that too.

Shapes, as we know them, are merely 'concepts'. Concepts we use in our attempt to make sense of/navigate our environment.

What's the shape of the Atlantic? smiley

Shapes are not concepts. We don't make them up. Shapes are precise ,measurable, predictable mathematical alignments.

The Atlantic has form, and is made of water, water molecules which is made up of physical atoms of hydrogen and oxygen.
It is a moving mass of fluid, so it fits into and fills any cavity in the earths crust.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by plaetton: 5:40pm On Jun 23, 2015
GooseBaba:

From his deduction, I would agree that he is still holding on to theism. Because, from a deistic perspective there is no need to defend or speak for "God"... God is but a premise to seek knowledge not for worship or having friendship with one's imagination. When one says god is merciful, He said, he did or he likes that right there is believing. When one seeks to understand the cosmos, that's deism.

Everyone should seek to understand the mechanics of the cosmos. That , for me , should be an obligation we all owe for having a Brain, whether one believes that the brain evolved or was specially created.

COMPULSIVE LABELLING is not necessary, and seems to be a distraction in seeking truth.
You see, once you label your self this or that, human nature takes over, and then we begin to DEFEND OUR CHOSEN LABEL, rather than defending facts and truths.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 23, 2015
finofaya:

[size=1] Dude I'm not a theist. I'm an atheist.[/size]

At bolded, how certain are you? What tests or experiments did you carry out to arrive at your conclusion?

[size=1] At second bolded, why have you been wasting my time cool. Do you know Sango needs to prove to me that he has powers? [/size]

1 Like

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by plaetton: 5:43pm On Jun 23, 2015
GooseBaba:

Kindly, point out just one aspect of my delusion... JUST ONE..!!!

He said nothing meaningful. Just the usual threats.

Isn't it hilarious that someone can threaten you with something after you die ?
grin

1 Like

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 23, 2015
How not to be an atheist 101 - Deny reality
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by finofaya: 7:25pm On Jun 23, 2015
GooseBaba:

Bros, I get your point. BUT, I must ask. What is God to you.?

God is a mind or consciousness that is the default state of existence.
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by finofaya: 7:27pm On Jun 23, 2015
theAtheist101:

At bolded, how certain are you? What tests or experiments did you carry out to arrive at your conclusion?

[size=1] At second bolded, why have you been wasting my time cool. Do you know Sango needs to prove to me that he has powers? [/size]

The same tests you carry out to determine that you have a mind. You reason it out.
[size=1pt]I had to yank your chain.[/size]
If you can accept that he exists, his powers are proven.
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jun 23, 2015
finofaya:

The same tests you carry out to determine that you have a mind. You reason it out.
[size=1pt]I had to yank your chain.[/size]
If you can accept that he exists, his powers are proven.

So after 2 hours of reasoning his existence and you are very convinced that he doesn't existence, would you still ascribe a power to him?

[size=1] I think you are a theist. [/size]
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by finofaya: 8:27pm On Jun 23, 2015
theAtheist101:

So after 2 hours of reasoning his existence and you are very convinced that he doesn't existence, would you still ascribe a power to him?

[size=1] I think you are a theist. [/size]

If he doesn't exist he won't be constrained by reality so he can be as powerful as you imagine.

Fine, then.
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by Hiswordxray(m): 8:34pm On Jun 23, 2015
ifeness:

That's how mine started. Welcome to the thinking club!!!
That's a lie. Your disbelief started when you discovered you can't stop committing that sin and you don't even want to but the guilt is killing you and you are so afraid. So you decided to remove the "God factor" seeing that it a good option and alternative.

But disbelieving in God doesn't stop God from existing and disbelieving in hell doesn't stop you from going to hell.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by GooseBaba: 8:52pm On Jun 23, 2015
finofaya:

So why do you speak for it or defend it...?
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by GooseBaba: 8:58pm On Jun 23, 2015
Hiswordxray:

That's a lie. Your disbelief started when you discovered you can't stop committing that sin and you don't even want to but the guilt is killing you and you are so afraid. So you decided to remove the "God factor" seeing that it a good option and alternative.

But disbelieving in God doesn't stop God from existing and disbelieving in hell doesn't stop you from going to hell.

And disbelieving in allah's hell does'nt stop you from going to hell either... Therefore, see you in hell..

1 Like

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by finofaya: 9:07pm On Jun 23, 2015
GooseBaba:

So why do you speak for it or defend it...?

Obviously because I want to. Why else?
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by Hiswordxray(m): 9:27pm On Jun 23, 2015
GooseBaba:

And disbelieving in allah's hell does'nt stop you from going to hell either... Therefore, see you in hell..
Eayah another person scared of hell. And his strategy of overcoming his fear is by playing confused.

OK, now that you have succeeded in making yourself confusion (about who's hell is real) has the fear gone?
I don't think so, then what are you going to do now, try another strategy or continue with the old one?

1 Like

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by GooseBaba: 10:04pm On Jun 23, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Eayah another person scared of hell. And his strategy of overcoming his fear is by playing confused.

OK, now that you have succeeded in making yourself confusion (about who's hell is real) has the fear gone?
I don't think so, then what are you going to do now, try another strategy or continue with the old one?

Hehehe, delusion alacrity... Who is confused here..? I specifically said "see you in hell "...let me tell you, your god is in hell too...shebi he is omnipresent, i Goosebaba will be drinking fresh palmwine with Yaweh and lucifer when the time comes..

1 Like

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by GooseBaba: 10:13pm On Jun 23, 2015
finofaya:

Obviously because I want to. Why else?

Hmmm, i thought you said god was a default state of existence.. So how does defending an abstract thought viable from a deistic perspective..?
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by plaetton: 10:37pm On Jun 23, 2015
finofaya:

No one will argue that with you if you agree that it is only a postulation, a notion, a hypothesis.
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by finofaya: 10:41pm On Jun 23, 2015
GooseBaba:

Hmmm, i thought you said god was a default state of existence.. So how does defending an abstract thought viable from a deistic perspective..?

I'm sure you know that real things cannot be abstract. I do not so much defend as discuss. If you're asking why we should discuss God at all the simple answer is because we can. God is real, electromagnetism is real, and we can talk about any one we please. If you're asking why God does not introduce himself like a normal person, then I can't give you an answer. There aren't many answers I can give you, in fact.
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by GooseBaba: 10:52pm On Jun 23, 2015
plaetton:

Everyone should seek to understand the mechanics of the cosmos. That , for me , should be an obligation we all owe for having a Brain, whether one believes that the brain evolved or was specially created.

COMPULSIVE LABELLING is not necessary, and seems to be a distraction in seeking truth.
You see, once you label your self this or that, human nature takes over, and then we begin to DEFEND OUR CHOSEN LABEL, rather than defending facts and truths.

I concur, no doubt about that, however living in a world where you're labeled by others... It's only sensible for one to create a label that helps them cope. In a way, I think labeling is a way of survival.

Meanwhile, Looking, back into my heritage all this concepts of God already exists. But society did not dwell on whose means of seeking knowledge was the ultimate. Because life is a journey and all life will end, therefore defending an abstract thought concepts is a fruitless endeavor. But for yearning purpose, man must talk na.. grin

1 Like

Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by GooseBaba: 10:57pm On Jun 23, 2015
finofaya:

I'm sure you know that real things cannot be abstract. I do not so much defend as discuss. If you're asking why we should discuss God at all the simple answer is because we can. God is real, electromagnetism is real, and we can talk about any one we please. If you're asking why God does not introduce himself like a normal person, then I can't give you an answer. There aren't many answers I can give you, in fact.

It's like defending oxygen, your efforts does not add or remove. But the question I have to ask.. If I said fuvk your god.. Would you be offended..?
Re: I Need Help, I Don't Want To Be An Atheist!!!! by finofaya: 11:00pm On Jun 23, 2015
plaetton:

No one will argue that with you if you agree that it is only a postulation, a notion, a hypothesis.

Oga, I dey hail o.

We can choose to be technical about it. I will concede that it will never be the subject of a theory, and it is not even a postulation. We could not have a theory of God any more than we could have a theory of plaetton. Theories don't provide for things of that sort.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Six Acts You Must Be Exhibiting As A Christian / How To Unlock God's Call On Your Life / "Your Wife Must Eat First Before You Eat" - Prophetess Patience Obi To Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.