Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,955 members, 7,838,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (261936 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 4:10pm On Mar 16, 2009
@ Nash - just go ahead and grab the receiver cos that is original product. Unlike what we ve here, even our so called original here re all clone. Ignore the sticker or made in china thing cos everything may be different. U re even lucky, who ll bring that kind of receiver in nigeria market to sell with that high price, where u ll get the same product for like us$40.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by osef(m): 4:18pm On Mar 16, 2009
I tried using a recent post on multiple lnb posted here some time ago but i am still confused about how to allocate the dish setting since i have more than 4 lnbf attached to my x series decoder
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by osef(m): 4:36pm On Mar 16, 2009
@ olofofo,
please sir if there is no other requirement ,my gmail address is ;osef4jesus@gmail.com .I do hope to hear from you on what to do next. meanwhile thanks alot for being a blessing to us all. shalom
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by osef(m): 4:48pm On Mar 16, 2009
@Enitan,Olofofo ,pitdozen
please advice as per dish i want to intiate a friend into free to air satellite and i do not want to make him suffer same as my eorostar 1.8m dish is giving though i still suspect my neck.is the strong plate better?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 5:42pm On Mar 16, 2009
hey guys, av been receiving calls for 90cm installation from newly initiated FTA hobbysts, i have 3 options, pas7.10, w3a, sirius. but they dont know what they really want,and that confuses me also. what do u think will be the best satellite option for one starting with just a single dish.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by graciousme(f): 5:49pm On Mar 16, 2009
@enitan

thats a serious warning,but i can handle it,trust me.thanks oooooooooo

@all

no body is saying anything about my intelsat 7/10k

@toxie

i will definitely be in lagos befor then by his grace,me and lagos na this year! will call you sha,do u have mtn for extracoolllllllllllllll?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 16, 2009
@ graciousme, ok ooo. i've heard u, there'll be a strategy improvement from him sha. @ osef, just tell your friend to get 2.4m strong dish for better satisfaction.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by satcoper(m): 6:14pm On Mar 16, 2009
enitan2002:

hey guys, av been receiving calls for 90cm installation from newly initiated FTA hobbysts, i have 3 options, pas7.10, w3a, sirius. but they dont know what they really want,and that confuses me also. what do u think will be the best satellite option for one starting with just a single dish.
@ enitan
I would have chosen PAS7/10 for beginners cause there will be enough channels brodcasting in english
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Ced8: 6:22pm On Mar 16, 2009
Good sirs im stil waitin ur replys as regardin whether zee tv netwks cn b opened witout d card
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by FMarshal2(m): 7:20pm On Mar 16, 2009
Tutorials on FTA Dish, Motor, DiseqC and etc setups.

http://www.ftavideos.com/
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 8:10pm On Mar 16, 2009
F_Marshal:

Tutorials on FTA Dish, Motor, DiseqC and etc setups.

http://www.ftavideos.com/

nice one. how have you been?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Ecowas4All(m): 8:48pm On Mar 16, 2009
@Enitan
I would say that Sirius is as easy to receives in the east as nss7 is in the west.
Especially if you are using the globecast frequency. You see with beginners the elevation concept is a bit difficult to understand, so pas 7/10 with its 0 to 12 elevation setting may appear to be pointing at the ground. Sirius at elevation 80 is perhaps easier to understand.
Regards
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Ecowas4All(m): 9:01pm On Mar 16, 2009
@Graciousme
Abeg no vex that people seem to have forgotten about your pas 7/10 issue this is because you yourself did not respond promptly to the request for you to proceed to the g group with clear details about the "grin?TV technical hitch" In fact as we speak now you still have not provided any detail.
Now on your loveworld business:
12682n H is the transponder on which i now have 50% because i have tweaked my LNB to receive 80% on CTV and SANI & E. The reason i also did that was to get aljazeera and EWTN on my C(remember i use combined LNB) without breaking. This means that if your LNB is dedicated you should have better signal. In fact before i changed my LNB to pick aljazeera without breaks my 12682 H signal was 77%.

Another thing i noticed recently was t hat some transponders on that satellite appear to be moving away from the location (maybe the satellite is turning to increase solar exposure) so i have to adjust my dish by at least 0.5 degrees to pick different transponders on the same pas 7/10 satellite. If you are not motorised adjust your dish midway to give acceptable signal to all TPs . This means you should sacrifice quality on the TPs which are around 80% to enable the 30% TPs reach at least 50%.

Hope that helps
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sammu(m): 6:15am On Mar 17, 2009
@ gracioume, some transponders on 7/10 have been behaving funny lately and if your dish is 60 or 90cm, then you need a very good lnb. My strong lnb signal breaks but Pauxis lnb gives me better signal. You may have to look at your lnb. Equally important is your lnb skew. Cheers
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 8:13am On Mar 17, 2009
@pitodenz, ecowas4all, salamander, captainus, et al,
Just a feedback on the comstar issue. Over the weekend, I adjusted the limit switches
on the jack and installed the flat bar vertical and I noticed that I could gain a little more leverage
on the west side. Unlike before, I can now track up to Intelsat 907 (VOA, NTA). When I tried going down
further, same thing happens: it falls under it's own weight. So, looks like I'm going to settle for
that range and adjust the upper limit switch to cut in immediately after getting to Intelsat 907.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by NashFTA(m): 8:15am On Mar 17, 2009
@Olofofo, Pitodenz,
Thank You for the advice on Identifying genuine Strong receiver. I am wiser now. Cheers.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by salamander(m): 8:57am On Mar 17, 2009
@George_D
Glad you were able to make some gains. What I believe can also help is make sure that the LNB without di-electric should be a little down the scaler so you can get some leverage from the East line.

My setup is 2.4m mesh motorised and my 'last stop' is Intel 907.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:15am On Mar 17, 2009
@all,
An update on my nilesat installation done over the weekend.

Dish size was a 3.0m fibre with fuji lnb.

Process: After all the initial preparation we finally set about the task at hand.
My initial intention was to motorize the fibre from 22w to 34.5E to include hotbird
and eurobird but I had to jettison the idea when I noticed that the welder did a bad
job on the neck construction. First we tracked NSS7 and got signal strenght up to
97%. Then we began to track upwards for nilesat. That was when I began to suspect
the neck construction. Because try as we would, we couldn't nail nile. We needed to
adjust as we went up higher and higher but to no avail. From my experience with the
COMSTAR, I knew that as long as your declination ( elevation + offset on the mount) is
in order once you track one bird (or two) successfully, all other ones should fall into place.
But not so this time. We had to track up, adjust, track up, adjust. It was not funny at all.
After spending several minutes fruitlessly searching, I brought out my COMPASS with a
list of azimuth and elevation for different birds. I then pointed at the direction of nilesat
and explained to the guys working with me that we have been searching in the wrong
direction. So, we changed our position and did all the adjustments as usual and bam!
We had our green! You need to see the expression on the faces of all around grin Apparently
that was the first time they were seeing a compass in their life!
Now for the signal strenght. We have:

10758 V 27500 (OK tv) up to 86%, 11747 V 27500SR (ERTU) up to 60%
11785 V 27500SR (Music plus) up to 60%, 11862 V 27500SR (city7) up to 60%,
11900 V 27500SR (Melody hits) up to 60%, 11938 V 27500SR (MBC) up to 60%, etc
Showtime struggles between 50 - 53%, Aljazeera same thing.

Of all the H tranponders, BBC manages to show up to 53% but dissappears sometimes.
Looks like I'll need to fine tune the lnb skew to bring out all the H. It's still a work in progress.

A word of advice for those who are intending installing nilesat: NEVER TRY TO GO IT ALONE.
You notice that I keep on referring to 'we' in my brief. That is true. No matter what theoretical
knowledge you think you might have gathered in this forum, it will save you a lot of headache to
get someone to work with who knows a little about nilesat installations. Your knowledge will come
into good use as you can always direct them on what to do and how you want the job to be done.
Besides, it will be foolhardy trying to lift or manipulate a 2.4m pan or 3.0m fibre all by yourself! grin

Pictures will be posted much later on.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 17, 2009
@ george,
thanks again for the patches you sent, what i noticed was that they (patches) were two in number, one for JSC and the other for mytv, which one exactly works for mytv africa, cos i dont have nilesat, so i guess the JSC+ one will be useless for now.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 11:23am On Mar 17, 2009
@enitan,
Use the one with 'MYTV' on it: (SRT4661X_4664X_MyTV_121p_20090309.zip).
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by badaru1(m): 11:25am On Mar 17, 2009
@All
for those have been calling to enquire about the k3 cards I posted last week,the reason why I have been relunctant to tell u the price is: I have not been abble to get proper information about the update of the card incase of any failure.

In alternative I have limited numbers of gama cards for sale already programmed for six months,it works with any decoder that has card reader like strong etc. The card for now opens showtime,JSC+,ART,Orbit,it has a guarantee of six month before upgrade.

It is limited quantity,base on first come first serve. The price is 15K
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 11:30am On Mar 17, 2009
i just logged on to the google group for the first time and i'm so amazed with my findings, you guys have really done a lot and thanks to the initiator olofofo and also to everyone who have contributed in one way or the other. thanks so much
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by fasone(m): 11:58am On Mar 17, 2009
George_D:

@all,
An update on my nilesat installation done over the weekend.
Dish size was a 3.0m fibre with fuji lnb.

well done george,

@all
when shall we start seeing H-H satellite motor in our markets? I think our importers wants us to buy all 60 - 90 cm dishes which they imported to this country first, Ideally one of such motor/actuator is enough to take care of our NSS7, W3, Sirius 4, W4 and Pas 7/10 all Ku band dishes we are currently scattering in our rented houses. What do u have to say to this 60 - 90 cm dish users especially?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by rawunkat1: 12:58pm On Mar 17, 2009
[size=8pt]can anyone out there hepl me out. i need a HiTV card. i live in ghana. i will like to know abt the price and monthly charges
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by jujukemist(m): 1:22pm On Mar 17, 2009
I suggest manual input of freqs when installing MYTV pass7/10-watch out for H or V.
Pitodenz-analyse closely what Badaru is saying concerning the WHITE card-gama.His prize seems more reasonable.
gangsta how you de?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 2:26pm On Mar 17, 2009
badaru1:

@All

In alternative I have limited numbers of gama cards for sale already programmed for six months
It is limited quantity,base on first come first serve. The price is 15K

Please Oga if it's gamma plus i'm interested, reserve one for me cool
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 3:10pm On Mar 17, 2009
george,twins,olofofo,pit-in dire need of yur help. just uploaded d mytv africa patch and my receiver cant detect any signal again. it shows red oooo, i also noticed that in d system information it has changd from 4653x to 4651x, i have uploaded the reset patch, it now shows 4653x but still no signal, my eurostar picks up signal. tell me what next to do oooo.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinstaiye(m): 3:56pm On Mar 17, 2009
Do you have the former patch? if you do, re-install it, and see whether the signal are back or not.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 17, 2009
@ twins, av done that but symptoms persist.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by FMarshal2(m): 4:06pm On Mar 17, 2009
[quote Author=olofofo]
nice one. how have you been?[/quote]

I dey o!! cheesy How about you and ya Family? grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by bodejohn(m): 4:09pm On Mar 17, 2009
@ Enitan

What you feared has finally happened.
It is good to have faith and see good things about life.
Now you know that your strong receiver is fake.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by NashFTA(m): 4:21pm On Mar 17, 2009
@Enitan,
In future if you can afford: (1) always keep a 'spare' receiver: one that you preserve in original state; and a second one that you practice all sorts of experiments you learn in the "Advanced School of Applied FTA". (2) Alternatively, keep the original software with you. (3) And if you are a technician, keep a spare panel. cry shocked . Praying for your receiver. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.