Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,275 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (261567 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 17, 2009
@ bode, dont let me unleash my venom at you ooo. @ nash-thanks so much, thats why i keep the eurostar at hand in case of any unfortunate incidents like this. i will forcibly make d system to show green when public power is restored. badaru-any help from ya end?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by graciousme(f): 4:52pm On Mar 17, 2009
@ecowas

thanks bro,am sure my lnb needs a change and maybe a little dish movement too will help,but with this juju cards flying about i might eventually need a 2.4m dish,so that's why am taking it easy with all my 3dishes for now.
about the Google group,how do i get the link? don't even know if i have been added,

@enitan

no amount of strategy change will work,and for your information toxie is a perfectly gentleman,your receiver don come up now? i used to think its only FTA babies that fry their receivers o!

@sammu
am using a 1.8 and a 60cm for my FTA, but i don't understand all the grammars all my installers are saying,they don't just get it right,

@badaru

pls i need more info on this cards,thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by badaru1(m): 5:12pm On Mar 17, 2009
@enitan

The only option left for u is to change the tuner,it has happen to me b4 or change the whole pannel. Tuner is arround N500 while pannel is between 2 to 2.5k.

It was not as a result of the patch,it may be something different. If it the patch ur decoder will go off completely.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 5:31pm On Mar 17, 2009
@ enitan - my brother why u like fake receivers sef? Well, just change the signal i.c. It is located at that block at the back of the tuner, if it did not work,then change the tuner. I wish u good luck. But it works most times.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 5:32pm On Mar 17, 2009
@ enitan - my brother why u like fake receivers sef? Well, just change the signal i.c. It is located at that block at the back of the tuner, if it did not work,then change the tuner. I wish u good luck. But it works most times.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by bodejohn(m): 5:57pm On Mar 17, 2009
@ Enitan

Thank God your fried receiver will give your mouth some other things to do than talking!

You need to make sacrificies of Nilesat to all the people you have offended on this forum before your receiver will restored.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 8:48pm On Mar 17, 2009
aresnal vs hull city fa cup ongoing on JSC+3
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Enigma(m): 9:19pm On Mar 17, 2009
If you have a previous patch that worked well (or use original Strong firmware) for your particular receiver, then try doing a "forced" download using a null modem cable RS 232.

What you do: switch off the receiver, connect receiver to computer by the cable; still leave the receiver switched off, start the loader programme and send the correct software to your receiver, when it asks (or after sending software), then switch on your receiver. With a bit of luck it should accept the software.

@ all

A part of me thinks that what is happening is that wrong software/patches are being loaded; it is important to ensure that the software/patch that you want to load is correct for the particular model of receiver.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by toxnaija: 9:23pm On Mar 17, 2009
Enitan,
you be omo ale Ogun state oooo!!!!see wetin omo ijebu dey do for egba prince.another civil war don start in Ogun state with your spoiler tactics.God no go give u victory.na me fry your decoder with egba remote control.expect more from my kinsmen in heaven/hell-Fela,Abiola,Olikoye/Beko Ransome-Kuti,Professor Lambo,etc(Egba and Ijebu are two major local tribes in Ogun state,in case you no know).On a serious note,I noticed the change from 4653X to 4651X on my receiver system information as well after loading the patch.besides,it goes off and restarts after several minutes of working perfectly,especially when I want to check the EPG.
how far with the IPs?are they all working?unfortunately,I forgot my connection cable while rushing back to Lagos from Abeokuta.Neccessity,they say,is the mama of invention.Could you believe I am typing in a bush behind LTV studio now?I just discovered that there has been an unsecured fast wireless internet system signal in a bush near the car park.it is being used by LTV's cable tv subsidiary AMULUDUN on HITV.and LTV's internet has been down for over 6months!!!!!Nigeria we hail thee.anyway,anytime I am in the office,na inside bush I come browse oooo.but I fear ur cousins the cobras and anacondas as you don dey unleash the venom.

Graciousme,
just searched you out on facebook.I am on MTN but I dont even know the number.I will call you by Friday.I wont comment on baba Ijebu until we talk on extracoooool.what is really happening on dstv?I checked at the weekend,still the same old TCM.pls text me.

bodejohn,
I pity you on Enitan's case.If he should bite you,na rabies and lassa fever ooo.ara shi nkan lowo bi aja elekuru--hin body still dey itch oooo like dog with ticks.pls remember tv Malawi case oooo.He will surely unleash the venom. baba ijebu don turn to cobra ooo,run,run,run.

Enigma,
how una dey?I still dey bush/studio preparing for 10pm news as well and trying to catch up with demolition of Arsenal by Hull.I don predict am.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:38pm On Mar 17, 2009
@enitan,
Sorry about your 'fried' reciever. But I loaded those patches too and my reciever is still
intact. I used that of 4663X and interestingly, when I even made a mistake trying to load
the wrong patch, the stb alerted me that it was the wrong one for my version of decoder.
I expected you to have a similar experience-if at all you tried to load the wrong one but
apparently that was not the case.
Anyway, like enigma suggested, you can use your null modem to force-load the original
software or revert back to the previous version. Best of luck.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:54pm On Mar 17, 2009
@BUTONEDAY,
I sent you a mail. Check your g-mail box and reply asap.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by chuk101(m): 10:11pm On Mar 17, 2009
@ george D
My brother how are u , honestly, i dey fear no be small to use the mytv patch since i heared enitans story, and secondly i use 4663x which i do not have its patch although i am made to inderstand that 4661x would work, i am worried cause i just borrowed the rc232 cable that i am supposed to return it tomorrow, what do ido
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by rawunkat1: 10:38pm On Mar 17, 2009
can anyone out there help me out for a fee. i need a HiTV card. i live in ghana. i will like to know abt the price and monthly charges
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by chuk101(m): 10:40pm On Mar 17, 2009
@ raw ukat
you seem desperate how soon do u need it , and how do u plan on getting it from here to ghana
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by alcovex1(m): 10:43pm On Mar 17, 2009
@ graciousme,
dont waste money on buying 2.4mtrs dish, u can do one of 2 things; get a supermas ku lnbf @ wuse zone 3 for 800 naira for your current 1.8 mtrs dish, i believe with the right tweek of the lnb u should get all showtime channels. If u have to get another dish, get the 1.8mtrs stronger dish for not more than #10,000.00 this dish would give u almost the equevalent of d 2.4 mtrs dish.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by alcovex1(m): 10:55pm On Mar 17, 2009
@ all,
any member of d thread around d abuja axis with nilesat issues should mail me their contacts @ alcoveprojectsltd@yahoo.com. I would be glad to help such members overcome such problem/issues.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by MrGem(m): 11:26pm On Mar 17, 2009
@all>> I could not have believed it that I would be out of the forum completely for some days back! Waoh, you can imaging what an act of patriotism has caused me in response to the clarion call of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Well, son of man will regain his full freedom come next week Tuesday. My regards to all.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by salamander(m): 11:54pm On Mar 17, 2009
@raw-unkat

Give me a call on 0241 99 22 66
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Ecowas4All(m): 12:20am On Mar 18, 2009
@Enitan
Well Well Well, Other forumites have said it all. I Agree with George_D 53X should tell you if the patch is wrong. Mine did.
Take heart enitan.

@Graciousme
Please create a gmail address that is google mail and simply go to google and click on google groups, then you search for nairaland fta, when that comes up you log in with your gmail address, e.g. ecowas4all@gmail.com, gbam you are in!

@Pitodenz

Pitodenz link=topic=242036.msg3573459#msg3573459:

Quote from: salamander on March 10, 2009, 01:48 PM
I think I'll side with Captainus on the issue of the jack. It has to do with the length. So guys, get yourself a 36inch jack.
the jack in the picture is the normal jack that most people use.
@ George D
one more thing, remove that flat bar extender and fix the jack to the dish direct. I ve installed so many motorized comstar 2.4m dish till date to acquire a lot of knowledge about it.

Remember George D's initial post about the flat bar, do you still believe the best installation method is horizontal? because i said initially that theoretically a vertical installation of the flat bar would give more allowance to the jack, please contrast George D's success with a vertical flat bar to the horizontal experience you have
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 8:18am On Mar 18, 2009
to those that have proferred a way out for me on my signal-less become decoder, its a pity that i tried all i could but still yet its showing red, av gone to pick up my eurostar decoder under d bed where i kept it. what i found out with my new finding is that while i couldnt detect canal2 and stv signal on strong decoder while blindscanning, but on my super eurostar it brings in the signal GBAM!!!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 9:44am On Mar 18, 2009
@all
i belive this issue of patch frying decoders is as a result of not having a complete download of the patch or not using the required zip tool to unzip these files.cos i as a person has never experienced such problems before and i have never even consulted anyone for assistance on how to go about it.at least i have been on this tread since the begining of season one though i have been member of foriegn treads before i discover nairaland and i have been using strong receiver for about 3 years now.most strong patches comes in zip files and all u need is winzip to unzip.

and on the issue of fake strong receivers .what i noticed about them is that ,they hardly recognise flash drives.so whenever u have a strong receiver and is not able to recognise a flash drive,it is not advisable u use a cable for it.presently as i am speaking i have one with me that someone brought to me for upgrade,but i couldn't do it.it's a 4651x receiver and when ever i just insert my flash drive it says"INITIALISING USB DRIVER"but would not open the flash.but if i use the same flash on my receiver and so many other receivers of my friend's it displays "INITIALISING USB DRIVE"which is the correct display u should expect of any good strong receiver

so it is no advisable to use a cable to load a patch into a receiver when it fails accepting through usb port.

for different types of zippers send a mail to my mailbox and i will send them to u.i have three applications with me which are;
1-WINZIP

2-WINRAR

3-IZARC

it is advisable to use winzip to open all winzip files.and all files that comes in *rar format should be opened with winrar.though izarc can open all file format.

this is my email-dejsam247@yahoo.com and dejsam2510@gmail.com
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by graciousme(f): 10:16am On Mar 18, 2009
@alcove

are you sure about getting the showtime channels on a 1.8? i spent the whole of last saturday with an installer and i dint see any hope,though we dint change the lnb,wat do u mean by tweaking the lnb? if the 1.8m dish will work i will like you to give me more details and info on that.thanks.

@toxie

i have added you on facebook,keep your surprises,questions and enquiries about me me between us,ok,you know what i mean.lol

@ecowas
thanks i have a google accout already, i will follow the steps u have highlighted,thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by BUTONEDAY(m): 10:25am On Mar 18, 2009
@ Badaru1,
I am through with the bank. Tannoy me when you are done.

@ George_D,
I got your mail. You are welcome to the Nile family. Your experience with your 3.0m fiber is same with mine. From about 9.00am to about 06.00pm everyday, I enjoy BBC news with my 3.0m dish. As the day is getting darker, the bbc signal will drop to zero till the next day. I have no time yet for further adjustments. Maybe if I do some adjustments to my lnb in the night, the BBC might come up only in the night or?. Or could it be that Adewest magic would have given you what you wanted?
The used 3.0m fibre dish you wanted to buy for 20K around Enerhen Junction area sometime ago is holding BBC signal steady.
To enjoy nilesat channels here in Warri you need at least 4.0m dish. I am current busy with the installation of my 6.0m fibre. The dish is now on the pole and painted. But too close to my roof. Testing to commence tomorrow.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 10:38am On Mar 18, 2009
i guess whats happening to me is the effect of the law of karma. i once had the original of the 4652 series, there's someone i bought accessories for installation, 4653x was the decoder i bought. and since mine doesnt have a blindscan, so i thought the best option is to swap mine for his, without him knowing. so, i guess that is the root of my problem. HAD I KNOWN
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by tijays: 1:42pm On Mar 18, 2009
Pls can somebody guide me on how to track W3A? I have been using TP 10976V, 3333 I can't get it, but I easily did Sirius. Is it so difficult or there are some tricks to it that I should know?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 1:57pm On Mar 18, 2009
@ tijay, try 12728h, 30000
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by alcovex1(m): 2:38pm On Mar 18, 2009
@ graciousme,
u can turn/adjust the lnb left/right/up/down to get the highest signal possible on d strong tps on nilesat. If u can get 70/71% signal quality on tp 12130v, check tp 12073v, u should have 50% signal quality or more. Meaning all showtime channels are ok. Note: u need a new supermas ku lnbf with 0.3db noise figure, cut same at d point where d white rubber cover ends & u should get d desired result.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Etoo: 3:08pm On Mar 18, 2009
pls can someone compare the channels we have in Ew3a with the ones at sirius4. I needed to make a choice one of the two to be installed this weekend and do not know the one to choose.

Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Ced8: 3:09pm On Mar 18, 2009
God! U guys wont even answer me,cos im a stranger in here.Guess ill look for my immediate answers elsewhre,nd possibly more. cheesy .U guys take care now,n gud luck cheesy
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by FMarshal2(m): 3:45pm On Mar 18, 2009
enitan2002:

i guess whats happening to me is the effect of the law of karma. i once had the original of the 4652 series, there's someone i bought accessories for installation, 4653x was the decoder i bought. and since mine doesnt have a blindscan, so i thought the best option is to swap mine for his, without him knowing. so, i guess that is the root of my problem. HAD I KNOWN
shocked embarassed The Law of Retributive justice does exist after all!!!! Lesson learned, I hope? smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by graciousme(f): 4:11pm On Mar 18, 2009
alcove x:

@ graciousme,
u can turn/adjust the lnb left/right/up/down to get the highest signal possible on d strong tps on nilesat. If u can get 70/71% signal quality on tp 12130v, check tp 12073v, u should have 50% signal quality or more. Meaning all showtime channels are ok. Note: u need a new supermas ku lnbf with 0.3db noise figure, cut same at d point where d white rubber cover ends & u should get d desired result.

ON 12073v its 22%,12130v is 59% (though it just finished raining here now),so what next? i dont trust my lnb too,but this lnb you mention are will going to join it with the old one or simply replace the lnb?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by graciousme(f): 5:29pm On Mar 18, 2009
graciousme:

ON 12073v its 22%,12130v is 59% (though it just finished raining here now),so what next? i dont trust my lnb too,but this lnb you mentioned are will going to join it with the old one or simply replace the lnb?

@last quote

*MEntioned
@alcove x
the lnb you mentioned, is it powerful than Strong LNB that I have or is it more powerful than the much talked about Fuji LNB?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.