Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,098 members, 7,852,723 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 03:01 AM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (262707 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by alcovex1(m): 6:12pm On Mar 18, 2009
@ graciousme,
it is better than strong/fiji lnbf. U actually have to change ur lnb entirely. As d saying goes, a trial will convince u.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 6:43pm On Mar 18, 2009
@ george D
My brother how are u , honestly, i dey fear no be small to use the mytv patch since i heared enitans story, and secondly i use 4663x which i do not have its patch although i am made to inderstand that 4661x would work, i am worried cause i just borrowed the rc232 cable that i am supposed to return it tomorrow, what do ido
@chuk101,
You don't need to fear. I'm thinking that enitan's case, as unfortunate as it is, isn't that
common. Strong recievers are constanly being patched everyday and even as we're
speaking now I bet someone somewhere is upgrading his own. So, all you need to do
is to exercise due diligence on the type of patches you load to your reciever. If you have
a good reciever and you're uploading thru rs232, your stb will even alert you if at all you
make a mistake by trying to load the wrong patch for your version of reciever.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 6:53pm On Mar 18, 2009
@enitan,
I am sending you a software which will return your reciever to it's
original bootload. Check your gmail or yahoo mailbox. Try it and
I'm sure you will be free again grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 7:13pm On Mar 18, 2009
@ george, my receiver is booting properly, displays but the issue at hand is that it doesnt detect signal i.e. it shows red when there's signal from the lnb. do u think,d patch will resolve this?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 7:19pm On Mar 18, 2009
@enitan,
Yes. That's exactly why you need to return to original bootload.
Try and see.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 7:33pm On Mar 18, 2009
BUTONEDAY:

@ George_D,
I got your mail. You are welcome to the Nile family. Your experience with your 3.0m fiber is same with mine. From about 9.00am to about 06.00pm everyday, I enjoy BBC news with my 3.0m dish. As the day is getting darker, the bbc signal will drop to zero till the next day. I have no time yet for further adjustments. Maybe if I do some adjustments to my lnb in the night, the BBC might come up only in the night or?. Or could it be that Adewest magic would have given you what you wanted?
The used 3.0m fibre dish you wanted to buy for 20K around Enerhen Junction area sometime ago is holding BBC signal steady.
To enjoy nilesat channels here in Warri you need at least 4.0m dish. I am current busy with the installation of my 6.0m fibre. The dish is now on the pole and painted. But too close to my roof. Testing to commence tomorrow.

Bros, na wao! The H-transponders are just not coming out. But I'm thinking that since I could get up to
86% signal quality on 10758v, then i should be able to get all other transponders with little stress. All i
need to do is to concentrate on the lnb tweaking. Maybe I will even change the fuji for another lnb like
digisat the one olofofo sent me. Let's see how it goes but I'm very optimistic.
As for that guy, he should keep enjoying his second hand 3m fibre. I am no longer interested. Any man
who changes his mind like a chameleon is a dangerous man grin

Do keep me posted on your 6m when you're done. I go even stroll come ya house come watch
Astra 2D grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 7:37pm On Mar 18, 2009
Ced8:

God! U guys wont even answer me,cos im a stranger in here.Guess ill look for my immediate answers elsewhre,nd possibly more. cheesy .U guys take care now,n gud luck cheesy

My friend, pls don't take offence. It's not in our character to snub strangers. I'm sure we all got
carried away with other issues.
So, what was your question again?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 8:23pm On Mar 18, 2009
@ george, thanks i'll give it a trial tomorrow. to me personally,i think its d software configuration that will differentiate a clone from d original,cos i dont see anything stressful on d part of d clone manufacturers to print on d panel just as the real manufacturer does. i have a file that makes a pirated window xp OS to be genuine, so i guess there'd should also be a file to make d clones become real, what ya think?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sylve11: 8:28pm On Mar 18, 2009
Good evening all!
am so happy to post my first post in season 3.
I found it very difficult to locate season 3. am having a problem tracking intelsat906 with 1.8meters dish. initially i was having the complete channels but now nothing will come up again. I tried changing the LNBF, but nothing still come up.
Please i want to know what is going wrong. Will appreciate ur supports.
Thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 8:58pm On Mar 18, 2009
@enitan,
In the world of software engineering, anything is possible.
I agree with you 100%. But be careful though. Clones will
remain clones while originals will remain same.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by FMarshal2(m): 10:09pm On Mar 18, 2009
More FTA Tips and Tutorials!!!

Here are Tutorials and Tips on FTA; ranging from Dish Assembly to Setting up a Motor on a Big Dish. Remember, use the instructions as a guide. The Website is satcrazy.com and under Technical Zone section you should choose the lessson/tutorial you want. I hope this brings more Knowledge to all Nairaland FTA members. grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by alcovex1(m): 3:50am On Mar 19, 2009
@ george d,
why dont u try supermas lnb. from my experience, those stubburn horizontal tps come out fine as soon as u get 70% on tp 12130v. Note: for nilesat, dont depend on the signal quality on 10758v, it may get as high as 85% but ur other tps would still be red, d main tp u should concentrate on is 12130v, get up to 70% sig. quality then check ur h tps. U should have green on most of them, except 12073h that depends a lot on your dish size.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by MrGem(m): 7:03am On Mar 19, 2009
@George_D>> Please send that bootloader software to my e-mail. I need it for a research work on my dead 53X receiver. Thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 8:52am On Mar 19, 2009
@ GEM, no need bothering yourself, ur PC wont be able to detect if your receiver is on or off, with this xfer wont be possible.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 10:07am On Mar 19, 2009
@satcoper
u can check ur mail box for the IZARC application.
enjoy ur self.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by salamander(m): 10:10am On Mar 19, 2009
@sathob
Congrats on your new new addition to the family!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by salamander(m): 12:14pm On Mar 19, 2009
sylve11:

Good evening all!
am so happy to post my first post in season 3.
I found it very difficult to locate season 3. am having a problem tracking intelsat906 with 1.8meters dish. initially i was having the complete channels but now nothing will come up again. I tried changing the LNBF, but nothing still come up.
Please i want to know what is going wrong. Will appreciate ur supports.
Thanks.

I believe if you could give your exact location, brothers in the house will be able to tell you whether you can get the bird you were chasing or not and advice thereof.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by satcoper(m): 12:30pm On Mar 19, 2009
Dejsam:

@satcoper
u can check ur mail box for the IZARC application.
enjoy ur self.
@dejsam
I got the software. Thanks. I really appreciated the sending

@ george_D
Long live to the software man!you're genial.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 3:37pm On Mar 19, 2009
@sylve11,
Bros, we see you tay o grin. Na so ya own fta style be? You just disappeared
into thin air after installing your fibre dish fiam! Na wa o!
What are you doing with 1.8m when you have 4.5m dish? Abi dat one no
work again? grin
Anyway, if you were getting the complete channels before and now nothing
is showing up it could be as a result of so many factors. You said you have
changed the lnb, so that one is out of it. If it is fixed, i.e not motorized, try
checking the dish alignment. It may have shifted as a result of wind or rain
storm. Also check the cables. If you're using a diseqc switch, try replacing with
another and see if it works. Your decoder is another thing. Get another decoder
and try it. These sort of situation requires detailed troubleshooting but
generally it's always advisable to go from the simplest to the hardest.
Best of luck.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 3:46pm On Mar 19, 2009
Mr. Gem:

@George_D>> Please send that bootloader software to my e-mail. I need it for a research work on my dead 53X receiver. Thanks.

Check your mailbox. I've sent it.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 3:55pm On Mar 19, 2009
@satcoper,
For a true FTA enthusiast, you can't help falling in love with that
piece of goody. Do you know that it came in useful during my
nilesat installation? I knew exactly when the sun would be on 7w
position on that day for my location even without a compass!
I'm glad the software is useful to you too. Enjoy!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 4:00pm On Mar 19, 2009
alcove x:

@ george d,
why dont u try supermas lnb. from my experience, those stubburn horizontal tps come out fine as soon as u get 70% on tp 12130v. Note: for nilesat, dont depend on the signal quality on 10758v, it may get as high as 85% but ur other tps would still be red, d main tp u should concentrate on is 12130v, get up to 70% sig. quality then check ur h tps. U should have green on most of them, except 12073h that depends a lot on your dish size.

Bros,
Thanks for your suggestion. This is the first time i'm hearing that supermas lnb is better than fuji
for nilesat. But I will look for it to buy and try it all the same.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sylve11: 5:08pm On Mar 19, 2009
George_D:

@sylve11,
Bros, we see you tay o grin. Na so ya own fta style be? You just disappeared
into thin air after installing your fibre dish fiam! Na wa o!
What are you doing with 1.8m when you have 4.5m dish? Abi dat one no
work again? grin
Anyway, if you were getting the complete channels before and now nothing
is showing up it could be as a result of so many factors. You said you have
changed the lnb, so that one is out of it. If it is fixed, i.e not motorized, try
checking the dish alignment. It may have shifted as a result of wind or rain
storm. Also check the cables. If you're using a diseqc switch, try replacing with
another and see if it works. Your decoder is another thing. Get another decoder
and try it. These sort of situation requires detailed troubleshooting but
generally it's always advisable to go from the simplest to the hardest.
Best of luck.

bros thanks very much. i have tried all my possible best but nothing still pop up. I was called to intall same 1.8m some days ago and the nothing still pops up. I replaced it with 2.4m (not mine), and the chanels came up; the signal strenght is not high 45-47%. some of the chanels didn't come out. I don't know what is wrong.
I will like to know if u r using 1.8m, so give me details of what is urs like.

@pito,
bros u no longer reply me on YIM, i know u can also be of a help to me. NILESAT is lovely but i love EATV!

salamander:

I believe if you could give your exact location, brothers in the house will be able to tell you whether you can get the bird you were chasing or not and advice thereof.

Thank you very much for ur response.
at present am in warri.
will appreciate respose from the house.
long live Nairalanders! cool
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 19, 2009
@ all, what are d present channels on w3a, is the MBC signal still strong and stable? did anyone also watched the FA cup btw hull and arsenal on mbc? @ ola, nothing never surface regarding the FTB,how madam and my petit sweet angel? its likely i fall over at badaru's place on saturday.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by salamander(m): 6:22am On Mar 20, 2009
enitan2002:

@ all, what are d present channels on w3a, is the MBC signal still strong and stable? did anyone also watched the FA cup btw hull and arsenal on mbc? @ ola, nothing never surface regarding the FTB,how madam and my petit sweet angel? its likely i fall over at badaru's place on saturday.

The MBC signal is still strong and stable. No new channels have been added so far. Rather TV Malagasy has joined the fray of vanishing signals. I believe it has to do with the political turmoil in the country. TV Zimbo still shows green but nothing on screen. All the rest are intact, the last time I checked. I missed the Arsenal match.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ekonibaje(m): 6:52am On Mar 20, 2009
D freq signal of eatv as drp since last year,wat u need 2 do ,is just av a better clnb of supermas,and am totally sure,it gonna work.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ekonibaje(m): 6:53am On Mar 20, 2009
D freq signal of eatv as drp since last year,wat u need 2 do ,is just av a better clnb of supermas,and am totally sure,it gonna work.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 7:52am On Mar 20, 2009
@ biggjoe, happy birthday-your work lives on.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by DatNiggaAk(m): 8:35am On Mar 20, 2009
abeg, anybody get info on the new patch for showtime/art for echolink?
i tried joining the fta google group but una ignore me.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by maskuraid(m): 8:40am On Mar 20, 2009
mornin peeps, dis is not FTA but i need help all d same.my hitv signal is usually 50-51% but i hear its not so for everybodi.HOW DO I MOVE D DISH TO GET BETTER RECEPTION? UP OR DOWN?somebody pls help.THNKS a milli,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Drelu(m): 9:03am On Mar 20, 2009
@All,
Is NSS7 22oW down?
Mine has been showng RED for couple of dayz.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 9:24am On Mar 20, 2009
Enitan, sorry to hear what happened to your decoder and your confessions. let God take control. On the 28th of march this year I would be a year plus pls help me to thank God.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.