Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,097 members, 7,852,708 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:58 AM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (262705 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 10:08am On Mar 20, 2009
All, on the issue of this naugthy birds that is W3a and Sirius 4, W6, Nss7, If you check my previous post I gave advise on how to go about it. The signal on this birds are very unreliable.ie a particular frequency that is usually used in tracking for example free2view frequency can just disappare without notice, If you want to track it pls do the following diligently. get yourself a full 90cm dish with a strong LNB.Once you are set to track pick your phone and call someone that is currently tune to any of this birds and ask for the active frequency so that you dont end up wasting your time in using a non active frequency.If you do this I bet U will be glad you did.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:09am On Mar 20, 2009
sylve11:

bros thanks very much. i have tried all my possible best but nothing still pop up. I was called to intall same 1.8m some days ago and the nothing still pops up. I replaced it with 2.4m (not mine), and the chanels came up; the signal strenght is not high 45-47%. some of the chanels didn't come out. I don't know what is wrong.
I will like to know if u r using 1.8m, so give me details of what is urs like.

Check for obstructions on the east azimuth of your installation site. I think 45-47% is too
weak for 2.4m. And when you replace it with the 1.8m, nothing comes up. That tells you that
something is blocking your view. The 2.4m only manage to bring out that percentage because
of it's size. Remove the obstructions and change to supermas (with dielectric) and you'll be fine.

By the way, I'm using comstar 2.5m motorized and my signal holds steady though a bit low at
53% sometimes.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:15am On Mar 20, 2009
@enitan,
I do get MBC signal up to 98% at times though with my 2.5m. I'm not sure if it will be the same thing
with 90cm.

How far about that your reciever? Any luck?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Jesude: 10:19am On Mar 20, 2009
Dre_lu

Yes NSS 7 is still working as at yesterday evening when i tuned to some of the channel.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:29am On Mar 20, 2009
@olofofo,
Is it possible to get a multi switch in lagos? I want to connect more than
one recievers to an lnb with V-H polarity.
Any idea of the price?

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Enigma(m): 10:58am On Mar 20, 2009
Happy birthday biggjoe, many happy returns; also, to olason in advance.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by xwallace(m): 11:27am On Mar 20, 2009
@olofofo,pls activate my G-group account.my mail :xwallace4u@gmail.com
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sylve11: 11:42am On Mar 20, 2009
George_D:

@olofofo,
Is it possible to get a multi switch in lagos? I want to connect more than
one recievers to an lnb with V-H polarity.
Any idea of the price?

bros good morning,
u didn't reply me.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 12:02pm On Mar 20, 2009
@sylve11,
Check the top of the page. My reply is there under your quote.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 12:50pm On Mar 20, 2009
George_D:

@sylve11,
Check the top of the page. My reply is there under your quote.

@George_D
I think he's asking 4 availability and price not how to connect
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by jossybless(m): 2:08pm On Mar 20, 2009
@ Olofofo
Good day how is your family. pls activate my G-group account.my mail is joadekunle@gmail.com though I have been using it but keep asking me for activation from Moderator. Thanks for your kind approval
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by biggjoe(m): 2:50pm On Mar 20, 2009
Thank you Enigma for the B-day wishes.

How did you remember?

Im impressed, really.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 4:17pm On Mar 20, 2009
ENIGMA, bros tanx ojare. its been quiet a while we heard from you, hope everything is fine?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 4:22pm On Mar 20, 2009
Oga Bigjoe happy belated Birthday sir. pls e-mail our cake o!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 4:25pm On Mar 20, 2009
OLOFOFO, Would check on you later today.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 4:44pm On Mar 20, 2009
NILESAT USERS, Have noticed for some days now that Nilesat signal has been misbehaving. At first I thought I was the only one experiencing such. I called Oga Badaru who also confirm a significant reduction in signal quality. Pls guys outside Lagos should pls confirm if this is a general problem. Meanwhile wats up with Eutelsat W6 any new developments? Obnely have not been able to get across to Olofofo concerning weather ART is down on Echolink.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Enigma(m): 5:18pm On Mar 20, 2009
@ biggjoe

I guess Enitan and I made a point to remember when you mentioned it; he was in fact the first to extend birthday wishes grin

@ olason

Thanks, I actually read everyday; I don't contribute much mainly because many of the recent issues could be better handled by other folks especially Nilesat etc in Naija. cool
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ifende(m): 5:33pm On Mar 20, 2009
@olason
True talk. nilesat signals have been misbehaving for sometime now.
infact, in my own experience it goes off totally around 1pm for about 10mins or so.

@Echolink users
ART is down. lets hope an update comes tonight or very early 2morow
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 5:38pm On Mar 20, 2009
@ twins, i know that yourself and seun are close, kindly ask him if it is possible on his part to convert our 2 previous series on FTA into a pdf or doc file extension, so that at least we all FTA hobbysts on this forum can be reading previous solutions to different problems offline, it will really do us great benefits, what do you think? opinions from other guys also welcome by me.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ifende(m): 5:56pm On Mar 20, 2009
@Enitan
Thats a very good idea
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 6:02pm On Mar 20, 2009
@ biggjoe
               Happy birthday to you.
@ ftb lovers
                zain is down in lagos but still alive in ph. If by God Grace i was able to achieve etisalat and mtn, i ll update you guys. Since zain collected their gprs at my residential area other network that has gprs there no go go for free. But no matter what the outcome is, it most be stickly for the guys in the group or nairaland fta, please na beg i dey beg una so that this things go dey last for us.

@ all
           i got a channel i was fighting to get in ph for a long time NBC @ INTELSAT 10-02 @ 1.0'W. Anybody got the idea where the channel from and how their program is? U can visit here to know why i got it   http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/intel1002_sezone.html
I wish they wort my stress cos i knew that is only we in niger delta that can ve it grin .  And i hope is NBC America.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by satcoper(m): 6:24pm On Mar 20, 2009
[quote author=pitodenz link=topic=242036.msg3622659#msg3622659 date=12375685

@ all
i got a channel i was fighting to get in ph for a long time NBC @ INTELSAT 10-02 @ 1.0'W. Anybody got the idea where the channel from and how their program is? U can visit here to know why i got it http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/intel1002_sezone.html
I wish they wort my stress cos i knew that is only we in niger delta that can ve it grin . And i hope is NBC America.
[quote][/quote]
@ biggjoe
it is Namibia tv channel. I would like to know the magic -that abracadabra word-you used to succeed cause i'm still fightin with my 1.80m to get it but no way. Respects for your efforts.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by satcoper(m): 6:32pm On Mar 20, 2009
satcoper:

[quote author=pitodenz link=topic=242036.msg3622659#msg3622659 date=12375685

@ all
i got a channel i was fighting to get in ph for a long time NBC @ INTELSAT 10-02 @ 1.0'W. Anybody got the idea where the channel from and how their program is? U can visit here to know why i got it http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/intel1002_sezone.html
I wish they wort my stress cos i knew that is only we in niger delta that can ve it grin . And i hope is NBC America.

@ biggjoe
it is Namibia tv channel. I would like to know the magic -that abracadabra word-you used to succeed cause i'm still fightin with my 1.80m to get it but no way. Respects for your efforts.
sorry biggjoe
the reply is for pitodenz
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by obnelly: 6:33pm On Mar 20, 2009
new update posted on 19th march,2008.Am NOT SURE if it opens all sht ,art and jsc but i strongly believe it should open jsc sports.

nilesat signaljust dropped by 2% from what i see and i think its still okay ,the only problem is transponders with signal quality of 50-54% will be affected.the picture might be cracking but at night it should come up.its raining season already signal should be reduced we cant compare dry seasons signal to raining season now.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by obnelly: 6:43pm On Mar 20, 2009
pito why dont you try12607 v 27500 ,A2 macedonia on that 1.0w wether their will be some sports or good programmes there.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by obnelly: 6:51pm On Mar 20, 2009
Dear all ,even when ART is down i still watch some channels on my echolink ,i mean channels that belong to ART, channels like :reality science,discovery science,sky news,national geo and animal planet does anybody experience these.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ifende(m): 7:31pm On Mar 20, 2009
@obnelly
i watch those channels too when ART is down.
Likewise when showtime is down NATGEOWILD remains on too
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by MrGem(m): 9:19pm On Mar 20, 2009
@George_D>> Thanks bros. I received your mail. @Enitan>> I can not understand your last response to me.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by MrGem(m): 9:20pm On Mar 20, 2009
@George_D>> Thanks bros. I received your mail. @Enitan>> I can not understand your last response to me.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by MrGem(m): 9:34pm On Mar 20, 2009
@pitodenz>> ftb on zain network is still on-going provided you dont have credits on your phone. Imagine reputable men and women living a regimented life for more than two weeks ago. My little knowledge on GPRS/WAP configuration settings has helped a lot of my colleagues here to be connected to the outside world. All of these are working perfectly. At least, you can bear a witness to my own.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by toxnaija: 9:44pm On Mar 20, 2009
all,
I will suggest you jettison srsupport.com for sat-mac.net which has faster and different updates.sat-mac has gotten an update since 17th March.It also has a new jsc sports+/free x hotbird dated 16th March.I hardly visit any other site for my updates.Pls go there now and register,they have new updates for echolink-             http://www.sat-mac.net/showthread.php?t=9852&page=5&highlight=echolink

WITHOUT ABRACADABRA        ALI3329C (BETA) jsc sport nile sat freex tv 1 ,2 xdream hotbird ccw keys .zip (1.16 MB, 44 views)
(13E,10853-H-27500)
(13E,12207-H-27500)
--> XDream TV #constant DCW
--> FREEX1 #constant DCW
--> FREEX2 #constant DCW
--> INXTC #constant DCW

ABRACADABRA currently open systems:Ali 3329C__tani1_17.03.2009.rar (957.8 KB, 7 views)
- ART (Nilesat 7W)
- Showtime (Nilesat 7W)
- La7 Cartapiu (Atlantic Bird 1 12.5W)
- Canal Digital Nordic (Thor 0.8W)
- NTV PLUS (Eutelsat W4 36E)
I think the reason you still see some channels when their provider is off is because ART and Showtime managements work together.They co-own some channels such as Sky News,Animal Planet,etc,

biggjoe,
congrats.wishing you many more years on the surface of the earth.

olason,
congrats too.na wa for u oooo.ever since you talked about the prospect of madam giving query over Oshodi salesgirl if she reads it here,you decided to run away from me.would you believe you share the day with my lovely mama?she will be 69.I will do a birthday special for all birthday people on my late night radio show saturday 10.30pm on Paramount FM94.5 Abeokuta tomorrow and upper Saturday.pls listen if you are in South west Nigeria and Benin republic.

graciousme,
I have copied your gist.I will call you tonight.I am still browsing in the bush,and preparing to take the 10pm bulletin.regards.

pitodenz,
pls help me out on the IP.it is not working in the Lagos area.pls research for Lagos IPs.abeg oooo.

Mr.Gem,
Can you pls send us the IP at the googlegroup or better still send it to to me via toxnaija@gmail.com.I'm waiting now please.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 9:55pm On Mar 20, 2009
@george_d

did you mean signal splitter? if it's a splitter you mean, be advised that you can not use it  with a diseq switch.

@Big Joe,

wey the cake.

@Ola

ya birthday na one week away now. this one wey u dey invite us come chop so, na wetin make we wear.

@all

just an observation.

the same way the MYTV patch will not work on the H transponder, the same thing goes for the ajazeera+ when used with H transponder. i had to change the position of my LNB to find this out.

@toxnaija

there's offical firmware release and the unofficial one. even satmac and satuniverse label some releases as official. srsupport files are official ones, i advise anyone that does not like living dangerously to stick to it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.