Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,242 members, 7,836,156 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (261825 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by chuk101(m): 1:33pm On Aug 09, 2009
@ pitodenz the model number for daarsat is KSC-S660HD , i have also used daarsat decoder for other fta channels and it worked, i have given mine out to a relation i need to buy another
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emeystan(m): 1:45pm On Aug 09, 2009
@Chuk101, did you use it for multitv? And how was it?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by chuk101(m): 2:11pm On Aug 09, 2009
Yes i did , and it was fantastic it is still working up till 2day
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by fxproff(m): 3:00pm On Aug 09, 2009
WATCH LIVE ON MBC 3 CHELSEA VS MAN U ( COMMUNITY SHEILD) FINAL, ITS ON NOW,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by fxproff(m): 3:07pm On Aug 09, 2009
i am happy i am seeing new chelsea, this new season is gonna be wondaful for us(blues)
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 4:39pm On Aug 09, 2009
@pitodenz,
I finally decided to take your advice and went for the daarsat receiver option for multi-tv.
It took me the whole of last night setting up the receiver but eventually the signals came through
and now I'm into the mpeg4 action for real! grin

@all,
For all good members in Nigeria who want to enjoy multi-tv, I can tell you from my experience that
the daarsat decoder is your best bet for now. While we wait for STRONG to reconsider their price, get
the daarsat if you can afford it. Reasons:

1) The price of the complete system is 18K. You collect a dual lnb, 1 meter pan dish and smart card.
You can always use the one meter pan for other FTA installations if you already have Astra 2B and
you can sell the smart card later to those who are hooked on the daarsat 'fever' grin

2) The receiver is combined HD and mpeg4, so you are already preparing yourself for an HD future while
watching multi-tv.

3) All daarsat channels on intelsat 907 are still FTA for now so, you could re-cover your investment
through free air time if they remain free for the next 3, 4 months or so (5K per month).

This is my one cent on why I went the daarsat way. I almost bought only the receiver and the guy said
I should bring 16K but men! When I saw the 1m pan dish that was to go with it, the huge size made the
FTA enthusiast in me fall for it quickly! So, I paid the full 18K for the complete package even though I
know I won't need them I consider them as bonus! grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 5:02pm On Aug 09, 2009
@all,
Here are pictures of the decoder. Pls be guided:

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 5:26pm On Aug 09, 2009
adewest:

@ George d,
Don't bother stressing yourself over those aforementioned transponder i.e 11373H and 11411H they are regional beam freq (low altitude signal). Even with 3.8m dish here in the upper north of Nigeria they are not receivable. May be in future they may surface if swap into freq that are accessible to our region.

@Oga adewest,
11411H managed to turn green at my end two days ago. I think they are receivable with a little bit of tweaking.
Also Dejsam in Kano seems to be getting all of them.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by graciousme(f): 5:43pm On Aug 09, 2009
@george

thanks man,i will fix them this evening.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emeystan(m): 6:07pm On Aug 09, 2009
@all, how can i share one dish with 2 decoders. If my family are watching let say mbc in the parlour but i want to watch tv zimbo in my bedroom. What do i need for this connection
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 6:34pm On Aug 09, 2009
@graciousme,
You're welcome.

@emeystan,
Which of the MBCs are you talking about? If it is mbc Mauritius- as i guess you're referring to
w3a, then you don't have any problems because both stations are on the same H polarity.
If both decoders are STRONG, check the back of the decoder and find the loop out port. Loop
the lnb signal of the first receiver into the second one.
Next go to the decoder menu of the second decoder (under system setting - A/V output) and
change the RF channel from the default 32 to something btw 34 or 36 and exit.
Go to the back of the decoder again and look for the RF in and out ports. Next, connect the RF
out of the first decoder to the RF in of the second decoder. Lastly connect the RF out of the
second decoder to a 2 or 4-way splitter. Connect the output of the splitter using RG6 cables to
as many TVs as you want to watch the two stations from and scan your TV. Both stations will
be available on all TVs both in the parlour and the rooms and you can tune directly to each one
from the TV itself rather than using the decoder remote.

EDITED
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emeystan(m): 6:48pm On Aug 09, 2009
@George, thanks very much i will give it a trial tomorrow
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Unseen(m): 7:14pm On Aug 09, 2009
@George
Don't you think you're missing something here?
You forgot tell us the features and what is missing compared with Strong 4910.Yes we know there is no blind scan, what of diseqc and can it pick mpeg 2 ?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Paps1: 7:26pm On Aug 09, 2009
Obnelly is ur espn africa and hallmark still on.can u get it a 90cm dish.guys have any of u tried it dat is on 68.5 e.anyone
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 8:46pm On Aug 09, 2009
George d, i hear you well done.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 9:56pm On Aug 09, 2009
WONDERMENT!!! U SAY DAAR CHN NO GBADUN,NOW U BUY HD-BOX because OF MULTI-TV BUT ALL U WATCH IS FAAJI,OGENE NDI IGBO &
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 10:03pm On Aug 09, 2009
Movistar.Hope say Daar-sat fever no go catch up with ur madam when it is time to subscribe. JUST A JOKE MY PEOPLE.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 09, 2009
I also tracked CRTV, LMtv, Multi Tv package too yesterday.
But the picture of CRTV is always cracking even with about 83% signal level, dont know if am the only one experiencing this, i even watched a couple of movies on that channel yesterday, they linked up with CNN in the morning for news.

Na HD/MPEG-4 receiver i need now oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by chuk101(m): 10:26pm On Aug 09, 2009
Guys like other decoders u can do almost every thing with ur daarsat decoder
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 10:41pm On Aug 09, 2009
enitan eda, multi-tv is'nt on hd but txtg using mpeg4 but no mpeg4 box avail close now.kaon hd-mpeg4 dey 4ur shokoto.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 09, 2009
adewest mi owon, whther Hd or Mepg_4, i think its better one should get a HD decoder,all HD decoders can work for MPEG-4 and not all MPEG-4 decoders can work for HD signals.

@ chuk101,
do u also experience picture breaks on CRTV? I didnt get the Crown royal Tv on astra2d
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 11:07pm On Aug 09, 2009
enitan eda, concerning mpeg4/hd reception.botiri gon niyen.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by fxproff(m): 11:10pm On Aug 09, 2009
@ enitan,
it been a long time, regarding the crtv and the rest of the stations u mentioned, i did a blind search tday, got it and its stable no scratch or what so ever, so i guess u need to check on it again,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by BUTONEDAY(m): 11:39pm On Aug 09, 2009
eduzo:

BUTONEDAY
Please, pretty please I'd like some info regarding the santech ku lnb. Where is it made ? Is it a single port or has it also got a dual, triple or quad port version? And finally, finally how much does it cost? Thanks.
eduzo

@eduzo,
The SANDTECH ku-band universal LNBF is 0.5db. It is single port and made in China but designed in the united states of America. The performance of this LNBF can be compared to fuji.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by idyday(m): 5:33am On Aug 10, 2009
@George_D,thanks for ur very useful post on daarsat decoder.i'm still loking for where to buy it,not available in my state(akwa ibom) yet.i cant wait to catch d multi tv fever.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by eduzo(m): 5:40am On Aug 10, 2009
BUTONEDAY
Thank you very much . Please do you have any idea where i can buy this , and how much it costs?
eduzo.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Jesude: 9:52am On Aug 10, 2009
@ Comrade George D

Goodmorning Sir, CAN WE USE THE DAARSAT DECODER FOR NILESAT ?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by jossybless(m): 10:20am On Aug 10, 2009
@skylolo112
Good day my fellow Nairalander please do you reside in Agbado in Lagos surburb if yes can you get me a link to help me install a 2.4m dish for my Uncle in Ogudu Lagos? If yes you can reach me on joadekunle@yahoo.com. I am waiting for your response pls it is urgent.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by rawunkat1: 10:26am On Aug 10, 2009
i just saw an advert posted by etv in daily graphic a newpaper here in ghana. pls can anyone tell me how they are going to broadcast, the medium i mean, is it going to be on satellite or what?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by jossybless(m): 10:50am On Aug 10, 2009
@All
Dear Mr. Joseph,

We have available the SRT 4900, which is identical to the SRT 4910, except it does not receive terrestrial signals. It will receive any satellite signal however and will perform all the same functions as the SRT 4910, and needless to say, it is also an HD receiver.

Your price for this is $195 USD. You can either collect it from our showroom or inform us how you would like to have it shipped to you. Where are you located exactly?

This is the reply from STRONG Office in UAE well I think is worth given a trial.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spacevice(m): 10:51am On Aug 10, 2009
@ raw_unkat
e.tv Ghana is in partnership with Multimedia Group, operators of Multi tv. Details us to how the package will be is not out yet.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by osef(m): 12:04pm On Aug 10, 2009
@ George D
Thanks alot sir for your support and advice, I did all I could and got all i can but the nile stuff did not appear, I cld not understand what i was doing wrong so  i tried the second day same result and to my dismay, even my sabc which was at 72% disappear and even cnn,I then traced all the positions, only citizen on H polarity that is showing while others on v is showing; pls what else can I do I intend to work on it after my church conferences and neco marking next and upper week,all the same i appreciate.
@Toxnaija
  sorry about the incident its what Nigeria has become,we pray for God's protection on all and our family members.
@all
what is happening to NTA I can get is it general or something is wrong with my dish

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.