Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,989 members, 7,848,982 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 12:53 PM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (262516 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by okenze2003(m): 6:33am On Aug 12, 2009
please the small dish label HITV is it 60 cm or 90 cm dish and what free to air (FTA) can be gotten thru it using ku band
Again, can i get any football and movie station from it please.
The gurus in the house should help pls
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by mikeobk(m): 6:56am On Aug 12, 2009
@all, Fine brothers, pls i need ur hlp. I hv a strong 4663x reciver and a 60cm dish. Wat FTA channel(s) can i get(with details pls). I'm just tired of SABC news, press TV and all those preach-preach channels,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ohikhena(m): 8:04am On Aug 12, 2009
[/quote]
mikeobk:

@all, Fine brothers, pls i need ur hlp. I hv a strong 4663x reciver and a 60cm dish. Wat FTA channel(s) can i get(with details pls). I'm just tired of SABC news, press TV and all those preach-preach channels,
[quote author=okenze2003 link=topic=242036.msg4337550#msg4337550 date=1250055202]
please the small dish label HITV is it 60 cm or 90 cm dish and what free to air (FTA) can be gotten thru it using ku band
Again, can i get any football and movie station from it please.
The gurus in the house should help pls

@mikeobk & okenze 2003,guys please try reading previous post.u will be amazed at the the depth of information u would gather with regards to ur various question.i would also like u to please read through the whole of season 1,2&3 of this very unique thread.Do have alovely day guys.

@Dejsam,

Didnt hear fro u again.Have u already sent the stuff through UPS as u said.any way i go chat with u later.tkia my guy.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emeystan(m): 8:05am On Aug 12, 2009
All new members go through season3, it will help you people alot.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Blessedj(m): 9:45am On Aug 12, 2009
Pls my nairalanders , i've been trying to instal mytv(fta) but no success yet. The strength is as high as 89% but the quality do not reach 22% at all. What is wrong?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by dorg3: 10:18am On Aug 12, 2009
@sathop, is it possible to share two decoders (multi box and strong 4653x)with a tv set?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Ecowas4All(m): 10:44am On Aug 12, 2009
Hi Dorg3
"Yes You Can" Share 2,3,4 or any number of decoders to as many TV Sets. Simply broadcast this on an RF network you create yourself.
Connect all your decoders from the LNB source normally as if you were doing it with seperate TV sets.
Next, out of each RF out behind your receivers connect a co-axial cable into the TV antenna of each of the TV sets you would wish to broadcast to.
Re-Scan the TV sets and Voila! your stations are on specific channels on your TV

Dorg3 I am sure this question has been answered way back, newbies should make the effort to go back so we avoid repeating.

Regards to all my old friends in the house.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by captainus: 10:50am On Aug 12, 2009
@Ecowas4all
Nice to read from u again.It's been a loooooo, ng time.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by dorg3: 11:07am On Aug 12, 2009
@ecowas4all, does it mean splitter will not be needed in this setup?cos i was using splitter but proves futile just dis morning. anyway i will try your method this evening.thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by iykemann: 11:41am On Aug 12, 2009
Pitodenz,Enitan .pls help me with the software and configuration I will use to browse,abi you guys dont want me to enjoy with you.pls here is my email,igbonna85@gmail.com.pls dont fail me this time.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinstaiye(m): 11:57am On Aug 12, 2009
When someone dashed me 10k yesterday, the FTA in me says go for a daarsat receiver.  When they brought the receiver for me yesterday, i saw a sticker on it that says, software upgraded on July, 2009. I was first confused whether to buy it thinking it may be the one that is customised and i may not be able to use it to watch other sat, but when i got home i got it to work with nilesat and w3.
I also noticed something yesterday, when i input mbc 3 freq and symbol rate, when i ask it to scan the freq
it bring out all other nilesat freq. The question is, does that mean it can also blind scan?

Dont mind my ignorant, I just discovered today that I cant use strong receiver to track multi tv and daarsat.  All my effort yesterday to track them were abortive. Ignorant members alike, take note please.

@babaegun
I owe you one. gracia!!!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 12:26pm On Aug 12, 2009
Twinstaiye, pls I didn't get d gist u were trying 2 pas across. if u c d features of srt 4910 u wil marvel. am on my way to Alaba to hunt down any Hd decoder with advance blind scan. would let d house know d outcome when I get bak. jus left west minister could not lay my hands on it.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sammu(m): 1:01pm On Aug 12, 2009
@Twinstaiye,
You can use your strong to track both multi tv and daarsat. it was strong decoder i used to discover multi tv then before posting it on the forum. For multtv, the signal will turn green and give you audio only. so if u input the freq into hd decoder, the picture comes out. to track multi tv use crtv freq 12599v3250 in your mpeg2 strong decoder .

BUT for daarsat, let me share my experience. i put the daar freq 11555v30000 into strong and faced west, what i got was nss7. So i now input daar 2nd freq 11675v30000 and could not hit green, but i noticed that at a point that as move the dish the signal level (though RED) increases. So i decided to lock the dish in that position and now connect my cable to daar box and input the freq. Knowing fully well that is mpeg4, under freq edit menu, i switched to dbs2 8QKP and viola, the signal jumped out. Clicked on scan , the stations rolled in.

with this experience, i was able to use daar box itself to track, but i must confess it is not easy to use, strong is far far very good for tracking. The daar box will not show any signal at all on its signal bar. but when you get the satellite, the signal now pops up unlike strong
therefore more patience is needed when using the box to track

hope this helps.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinstaiye(m): 1:48pm On Aug 12, 2009
@olason
I dont know if it blindscan or not. But i also noticed yesterday that sometimes, while I am waiting on some channel with less signal, the receiver keeps telling me to wait for channel updates.

@ sammu
thanks for that inputs, it will help me well later today. I was to get accross to u yesterday, but I dont have your phone number or email add. I need you to guide me when i was about to acquire the daarsat receiver.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 2:09pm On Aug 12, 2009
Dejsam:

@george d,
how far my oga?it quite some days.hope all is rolling smooth at ur end.u have finally joined the daarsat family.enjoy ur self

@Dejsam,
My brother, this multi-tv truly rocks! After nilesat I think it is the place to be as far as FTA
is concerned. I will still be needing those stuff but not yet. Will let you know when i'm ready.
However, I never 'join' the daarsat family o! I just dey use their box for multi-tv! Call it
FTA (business) acumen! grin
I am even thinking of rushing to buy another one before those sharp guys collect am finish
for market! smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 2:16pm On Aug 12, 2009
pitodenz:

@ George
No mind mtn they think they can turn me off but now they ve turn me on. The thing the go like fire. Am back online with 3G connection let them hold the gprs well well. 3G ROCKS and that the latest for our backyard connection. Thanks for asking after me.

@pitodenz,
Na wa for these people o! I wonder what is wrong with them. For our side self, yello dey
try well well. The problem is from the freedom guys. Na everyday dem dey configure their
servers now just to lock out nigerians.
All my multiple accounts no work again o! grin Once one go off all the rest go follow too! They
are becoming too smart for my liking! grin Anyway sha, there are always alternatives.
Maybe I will pally with enitan to try the other people and see.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by rovert: 2:27pm On Aug 12, 2009
Folks, like most of you kept saying to new joiners, I've been reading the threads to get a hang on FTA. Well done to you guys who have pooled such a wealth of info.

I use a Strong 4653X with a 60cm dish and would like to for Astra2B sometime. I have pay TVs but why pay when you can get it free, abi?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 2:31pm On Aug 12, 2009
@Ecowas4All,
Does the multi-tv digibox have an RF in and out port? I am asking because daarsat
does not have.

@all,
For those having daarsat decoders who intend to tie it in with other receivers in their
house, you may be in for a hercullean task unless you have a way of converting the
in-to-in video into an RF output to co-mingle with the signals of the rest decoders.
Else you may only be able to watch multi-tv in the parlour (with video 1 or 2) as the case
may be.
In my own case, that formed part of the brainstorming I had to do when I was installing my
daarsat. I noticed it had no RF output so what I did was to feed in the video into an old
panasonic video cassete player. I then took the RF output of the panasonic and co-mingled
it with my other strong and starsat decoders. Now I can watch multi-tv in all the rooms.
Just a thought.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 2:53pm On Aug 12, 2009
George_D:

@Ecowas4All,
Does the multi-tv digibox have an RF in and out port? I am asking because daarsat
does not have.

@all,
For those having daarsat decoders who intend to tie it in with other receivers in their
house, you may be in for a hercullean task unless you have a way of converting the
in-to-in video into an RF output to co-mingle with the signals of the rest decoders.
Else you may only be able to watch multi-tv in the parlour (with video 1 or 2) as the case
may be.
In my own case, that formed part of the brainstorming I had to do when I was installing my
daarsat. I noticed it had no RF output so what I did was to feed in the video into an old
panasonic video cassete player. I then took the RF output of the panasonic and co-mingled
it with my other strong and starsat decoders. Now I can watch multi-tv in all the rooms.
Just a thought.

@ all,

i think this is the best idea u can bargain for.by using a video players rf output as an extension!!!!!

@george d,
thats a good idea u brought.as thats what i have always done in the past to watch vcd when i had a tv without an av port.
keep it up.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by segunfms(m): 3:26pm On Aug 12, 2009
Hello everyone in the house,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 3:41pm On Aug 12, 2009
@ pito,

this is good news for u

SHOWTIME NOW IN Eurobird 2 @ 25.5° East

11095 H 27500
11054 H 27500
11012 H 27500
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by segunfms(m): 3:42pm On Aug 12, 2009
for those of you that want to watch multi-tv free, all you need to do is get a DVB-S2 usb card for your computer. DVB-S2 is for HD satelite for your computer, so that you can watch free to air HD satelite on your pc. i know most of you guys will b saying "what am i saying" that this thing is not posible. well.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 3:55pm On Aug 12, 2009
@Dejsam,
Looks like showtime and orbit are spreading their tentackles far and wide these
days. Does the juju card open those packages on Eurobird too? Do you know?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 3:59pm On Aug 12, 2009
segunfms:

for those of you that want to watch multi-tv free, all you need to do is get a DVB-S2 usb card for your computer. DVB-S2 is for HD satelite for your computer, so that you can watch free to air HD satelite on your pc. i know most of you guys will b saying "what am i saying" that this thing is not posible. well.

@segunfms,
DVB-S2 PC cards are no big deal. A few of our members like NASH-FTA, etc are already using them
for MPEG4 and that was the first option that came out when we were deliberating on the best way
to decode multi-tv and daarsat mpeg 4 signals. Thanks for the info all the same.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 4:15pm On Aug 12, 2009
George_D:

@Dejsam,
Looks like showtime and orbit are spreading their tentackles far and wide these
days. Does the juju card open those packages on Eurobird too? Do you know?

@ george,

i am not sure if the juju card will work on orbit o.but u can move ur dish to orbit to confirm if it will open there too.though all the providers are down nown on juju card.may be in some minutes update will be available.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sikadicius: 4:18pm On Aug 12, 2009
hi guys - it's your man here - pci card satellite  meant for DVB-S only - that's what I use for my multi tv plus Klitecodec - works like magic - well just an update in channels - I need to buy another dish for soccer season -
I got a question for Nigerians - does silverbird still show NBA ? I want a channel on KU receivable on 90cm dish - help me out - holler!!!! - big up to all those that keep this place ALIVE -
cousin paps  -
hey you just nailed two birds with a single dish - that's dope - you're learning fast - keep it up.
POWER TO FTA!!!!!

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sikadicius: 4:22pm On Aug 12, 2009
@Dejsam, hey man - great work - gotta pick your brain on this daarsat thing - it's so difficult to traaack - signal fluctuates and is it because I'm using 90cm or what - any tricks on getting a lock on that bird? - POWER TO FTA shocked
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sayso: 4:40pm On Aug 12, 2009
@George_D how far,check out that section for my reply,are you looking 4 something from CT,hope you decord,I went there last year for a stuff I bought for my wife.you can holler 08098300804 or 39946  let me hear ur voice.one love man
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 4:53pm On Aug 12, 2009
@sayso,
Long time. Yes I'm trying to pick up something nice with that guy's help.
I just hope the guy is geniune sha.

I'm calling you now.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 5:35pm On Aug 12, 2009
@ALL,

the new echolink update is available at the g group.

@george d,

i sent something to ur box.pls check on that stuff as earlier discussed if u update ur receiver tonight.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 6:00pm On Aug 12, 2009
@Dejsam,
I've just seen the updates, thanks. Will load it when I arrive home this evening.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by rich8: 6:10pm On Aug 12, 2009
all, u can view 3 chennels on 21.E but u need some keys to do that wich i have it so pls u can send me u email.to have it.richkoo@rocketmail.com,

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.