Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,126 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:52 AM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (263043 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by blexxonmak(m): 12:24pm On Aug 10, 2009
@all.Anybody noticed CRTV was down ( scrambled ) for quite a long time on Saturday night.This happened in the middle of a wrestling programme, IMPACT.If this is a joke,I think it was quite an expensive one.  I hope CRTV will not go the way of etv after one had spent a fortune buying MPEG4 receiver.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Blakstars(m): 1:49pm On Aug 10, 2009
@spacevice

it's good to be back after my long absence. thanks to all members for keeping the forum alive.
Charlie the STRONG people have still not brought their Mpeg4 decoder. i hope it comes sooner
than later. I think you should observe joysports on multi tv for a while with respect to the 2009/2010
european soccer season before going in for their box, since soccer is your major interest. or maybe a
member in the house could fill you in on the best satellites to target for 2009/2010
european soccer season

@all e.tv enthusiast in ghana this might be good news for you. checkout the link below

http://www.ghananewsagency.org/s_social/r_7282/

I understand they will be operating like how viasat 1 does.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sammu(m): 1:53pm On Aug 10, 2009
@blexxonmark
Don't loose sleep over crtv, it is not mpeg4. It is MPeg2. it is multi tv that is MPeg4
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Blakstars(m): 2:06pm On Aug 10, 2009
@sammu

long time we no hear from you on the forum. i have missed ur greatly, i am sure whatever has kept you from the forum was also very important.

much respect to you Boss, the "Official" discoverer of multi tv tps on astra 2b for this forum. which is now the toast of

more members now, all thanks to the spirit of FTA big ups man
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 2:14pm On Aug 10, 2009
Unseen:

@George
Don't you think you're missing something here?
You forgot tell us the features and what is missing compared with Strong 4910.Yes we know there is no blind scan, what of diseqc and can it pick mpeg 2 ?

@Unseen,
Thanks for the reminder. Actually I was going to do that later yesternight but for the
connectivity wahala I was having.
While the daarsat decoder is good in terms of pricing, it lacks many features we've come to
take for granted with STRONG. Namely:

1) No blind scan ability.
2) No RF output (no terrestrial signal function)
3) USB port is at the back so you have to always pull it out of the cabinet to insert flash drive)
4) Set up is too technical for a beginner. You may not be able to configure it unless you know
a lot about decoders (no wonder somebody complained he could not use his own for FTA). It
took me over 4 hours to figure mine out.
5) Signal boosting not very optimal compared to STRONG.

These are a few of the drawbacks for daarsat compared to STRONG 4910 HD. However, considering
the price difference, 18K to 55K, I think we can live with it for now. Better to have the daarsat
at that price now than to dole out 55K for strong decoder. When strong decides to bring down its
price we will all go for it because seems that is the ultimate for FTA HD decoders this part of the
world.

And, yes. It has diseqc/USALS capability. You can also use it for mpeg 2. CRTV is mpeg 2 and i'm
receiving it on the daarsat decoder.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 2:27pm On Aug 10, 2009
@adewest,
Na so we see am o! When pito suggested it at first, I rubbished the idea but later I saw
that it's better to get the daarsat HD box for multi-tv. I never even get the time to track
daarsat intelsat 907 channels sef.

Dat man yeye well well o! Imagine giving out all those packages for 18K! It is the cheapest
HD box in the market so far and anybody who is wise will rush it fiam! Now i know why he
was selling for 40K at inception because truly that may be the real price of that package.
Now they are forced to sell at a huge discount because nobody is buying! grin

The man no get business strategy at all, at all! grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 2:35pm On Aug 10, 2009
@enitan, @blexxonmark
CRTV is showing clearly here and is not scrambled.

@osef,
Check your dish installation. You are not doing something right.
Nilesat should be a piece if cake with 11977V or 11938V.
Also for NTA, it is showing here with up to 52% quality. If you're
not getting it then it is the same problem you're having with your
dish installation.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 2:41pm On Aug 10, 2009
Jesu de:

@ Comrade George D

Goodmorning Sir, CAN WE USE THE DAARSAT DECODER FOR NILESAT ?

@Jesu de,
Yes, you can use daarsat decoder for nilesat. Just make sure you don't accept over-the-air
upgrade from daarsat and you'll be fine. But you may not be able to patch it like other
decoders.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by salamander(m): 4:09pm On Aug 10, 2009
@all GH forum members

It is good to hear the old GH forum members are coming back to contribute. It is good to hear from you, Blackstar, raw-unkut and others. Keep the spirit going
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spacevice(m): 4:17pm On Aug 10, 2009
@ Blakstar
Welcome back to the best forum on the web. You realise a lot has been shared while away. I know u hv some more to share. Joy sports confirmed Bundesliga and French league 1. Not sure of La Liga.  
@ ALL  
someone tell me where i can watch the most soccer, especially, PREMIERSHIP games. Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spacevice(m): 4:43pm On Aug 10, 2009
@ raw- unkat
My earlier info abt e.tv Ghana was from what Sathob shared with us. It's now clear what the real issue is. It means now that we in Ghana do not need a decoder and dish to enjoy e.tv. That's wonderful. Thumbs up Blakstar!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Ngwakwe: 4:58pm On Aug 10, 2009
I installed DaarSat decoder on Saturday with no much difficulty as George said.

I used it with my motorised 2.5 mesh and it works very well and boost signal not by figure but by outcome. CRTV and Multi tv and other freqs are bam.

Any receivable signal with strong box is receivable with Daar box. My 27.5 Nta that is troublesome with Strong came up with Daar.

Please forget about that their Panaroma 0.5db LMB use better Lmb mine is 0.2db
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by SATMAN(m): 5:15pm On Aug 10, 2009
Hello all,here is e.tv ghana's website - http://eghanatv.com/index.html
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Ngwakwe: 5:17pm On Aug 10, 2009
@ All
use strong box to blind scan then enter the freq into daar box to enjoy.
Please note that Daar Box scans for other freqs when you select yes for network option when scanning
Happy viewing. Go for it and explore other unknown freqs as I am experimenting on it. Noting hard about it my people.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by linksman(m): 5:28pm On Aug 10, 2009
@All,
it's nice to be back in the house after a long absence. kudos to all the big bros and new members for keeping the forum alive.
having spent the whole weekend reading through a better part of season 3, i must confess i have also caught the Mpeg4/Multi-tv bug.
I spent the better part of this morning and afternoon at alaba market, hunting down strong destributors for their srt4910 boxes. I got sobis communications and they did not have the HD receiver. What they have on ground right now is the new strong 4663x pvr box that sells for=N= 8,500
The other new product they have on ground is the strong dual view receiver box that sells for =N= 55,000.
I now headed for the non tested section of the market where imported fairly used (tokunbo)electronics are sold. after a long search, i was able to get an LG skylife HD box at a fairly cheap price. i am going to do a thorough check on it tomorrow to know if the appliance actually works. i bought it non tested.
I will keep the house posted on my findings on this box.
cheers all grin grin grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Buben(m): 5:51pm On Aug 10, 2009
@linksman,

how much did you buy the non tested LG skylife HD. If the price is okay let's see if we can explore it depending on the outcome of your research.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Buben(m): 5:56pm On Aug 10, 2009
@Ngwakwe,

Thanks man. I like that idea of using the Strong to blind Scan to enter the frequency into daar box. Though that will be while we wait for SRT 4910 to come down.Good idea man.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Blakstars(m): 6:03pm On Aug 10, 2009
@spacevice
you can depend on 2M on eutelsat w6(21.0 east 11653 V sr15714) for at least one high-profile game  every weekend for the EPL. up this weekend is the EVERTON / ARSENAL game next weekend WIGAN / MANCHESTER UNITED.  you can stay up to date with their program line up from http://www.2m.tv/grille/ the website is in french, so you may use translate.google.com to translate the contents to
english incase you don't speak any french. i depended on them for much of last season. you would
be better of with the signals with a 90cm dish or higher. i used a 65cm and STR 4653X dish last year and my signal
quality was never above 52%
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by linksman(m): 6:41pm On Aug 10, 2009
@Buben,
i bought it for =N=1,500.
I bought it without a power cable. mine has been cut off. i just bought a cable for it and gave to an electrician to fix for me. confirmed, the device powers on.
Now, huddle no.2, the entire onsreen display menu language is in Japanese/Korean shocked shocked shocked
I am going to use tonight to see how i can change the language to english. and tomorrow head back to alaba to look for a remote control unit for it.
from what i can see on the body, the back panel has 2 tv AV output slots, one av slot for HD(YPbPr), one HDMI slot, one s-video slot, one ethernet (RJ45 LAN) port, RS 232 port, one VGA port for monitor.
And it has a card slot at the front for smart cards.
I just pray to God that this device can do some wonderful things for me .
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by obnelly: 10:09pm On Aug 10, 2009
Dear all 2.4m nile users,kindly rescan your receiver for the following update:america plus,super movies and super comedy.

i tried to work on 2m national signal but no green coming ,2m ok but 2m national never go green.any luck from anybody in the house?Kindly check your recievers and lets solve the problem all together.Peace.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 10:12pm On Aug 10, 2009
linksman, weldone o! would probably b in that area myself tomorrow to explore d possibility of gettin an mpeg 4/HD decoder. what time are u going tomorrow. pls kindly giv me a call. 08033231671
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by iykemann: 5:17am On Aug 11, 2009
Pls someone help me with the website of mbc3 on w3a so that i can their programme schedule
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by NashFTA(m): 6:36am On Aug 11, 2009
@Iykemann,
Use the following: http://www.mbcradio.tv .
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spaceman(m): 10:19am On Aug 11, 2009
@Blakstars.
Thanxs
I was able to get to the 2M website u gave, I was also able to translate the site,.But the everton/arsenal and the man u/wigan matches are for the national grid.
These matches are not on the satellite tray.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=cltr&cd=0&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftranslate.google.com%2Ftranslate%3Fhl%3Den%26langpair%3Dfr%7Cen%26u%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.2m.tv%2Fsports%2F%26prev%3D%2Ftranslate_s%253Fhl%253Den%2526q%253Dwww.2m.tv%2Fsports%2526sl%253Den%2526tl%253Dfr&ei=2zGBSpzcBIT4lAO-sN2BCA&usg=AFQjCNE2P6wc527oWVh24XXc1bz9KXgGaw.

http://64.233.169.132/translate_c?hl=en&langpair=fr|en&u=http://www.2m.tv/grille/&prev=/translate_s%3Fhl%3Den%26q%3Dwww.2m.tv/sports%26sl%3Den%26tl%3Dfr&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhhOamJGTm_cF5CtmaiChXxad8xmHg.

what a link!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pek(m): 10:34am On Aug 11, 2009
to all

the mpeg4 fever is here and i will advise all to start shifting base to it. for those who are asking if mpeg4 decoders can be used for mpeg2, the answer is yes as you are downgrading. daarsat decoders are the best bet-- for now. the added advantage is that it is also HD. the price is way out of this world for only 18k. give it a trial.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sammu(m): 11:14am On Aug 11, 2009
@Blackstars

Thanks man, internet connections at my end has not been favourable for sometimes now.
Am happy i can contribute my quota to the forum. Let s keep pushing the limits: FTA forever

@George_D
i appreciate your contributions to the forum.

@ALL

PLS & PLS beforeyou buy daarsat ENSURE that it is not costumised oooo. TEST It by powering it on. It should give you the installation (wizard) menu

and if you must connect to daarsat. Do not accept upgrade. Go to system setup and click on Do not upgrade.

Enjoy, MPEG4 here we come.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sylve11: 11:40am On Aug 11, 2009
@all,
u guys r great!
I luv ya all kiss cool
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by iykemann: 11:41am On Aug 11, 2009
Hi nash thanks alot for the info bt its still not what I'm looking for,I need mbc3 daily programme,thats on w3a,anyone with the info pls give me the link.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spacevice(m): 12:11pm On Aug 11, 2009
@ Blakstar
According to Spaceman those matches will not be shown on the satellite channel. Was it the same channels u watched the game last season? Can you track the National grid?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by captainus: 12:35pm On Aug 11, 2009
spacevice:

@ Blakstar
According to Spaceman those matches will not be shown on the satellite channel. Was it the same channels u watched the game last season? Can you track the National grid?

@Spacevice
The 2m at  w6 is the one for national grid.In fact the only difference between 2m national and 2m monde(on atlanticbird3 cband) is the football shown on 2m national.So yes u can watch the game  on the one  on w6.

@Pek
Are u sure u r not  a daaarsat agent/employee? smiley grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 12:39pm On Aug 11, 2009
iykemann:

Hi nash thanks alot for the info bt its still not what I'm looking for,I need mbc3 daily programme,thats on w3a,anyone with the info pls give me the link.

http://www.mbcradio.tv/tv-guide/
Note that you have to click on Tabs MBC1, MBC2, MBC3 for the individual guides.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 1:16pm On Aug 11, 2009
this weekend is the EVERTON / ARSENAL game on MBC3 W3A

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.