Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,519 members, 7,861,505 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:22 PM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (263050 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by babaegun(m): 2:50pm On Apr 19, 2009
@Oga Twinstaiye

Congratulobia!!!  Three gbosas for the new, bouncing baby girl .  " Olorun a wo, a daasi.  A lowoo rere leyin "

In fact, you dey moderate well grin .

I am so happy for you. 

Congratulations!!!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 3:17pm On Apr 19, 2009
@ oga moderator, congrats ooo. If the baby should have been a male i would have suggested u handed him a lnb on his right hand during his christening, but since na girl just give her yur echolink remote control, since tuning of stations is only what ladies are good at. I am being tempted to name my first child- nilesat, who is with me in this one?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ugoc1: 4:50pm On Apr 19, 2009
plz guys i tried to use the the frequency given for sabc1,2,3 and the GTV but no signal showed up at all
any help plz
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 8:34pm On Apr 19, 2009
@oga moderator

congrats. i dey vex for alex ferguson right now. i will give you a call tomorrow.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 9:16pm On Apr 19, 2009
Scummies, what goes around comes around.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:08pm On Apr 19, 2009
@all,
Here's announcing the arrival of two new birds into the FTA fold:
Express AM44 & Eutelsat W2A on 11W & 1.7E respectively.

So, real hobbyists are to get ready to dust up their tracking skills and
let's prepare to shoot down these birds as soon as their transponders
become active.

As we did to w3a and sirius 4 so we shall do to them also grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by captainus: 10:44pm On Apr 19, 2009
@GeorgeD, If it is cband,then express 11w had been there for a longtime with 2 russian channels until about a year ago when they went off.if they r back then lets hope they come with something good because those 2 channels were crap .one of them occasionally showed russian league.they had very strong signal quality
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 11:39pm On Apr 19, 2009
Am in onitsha Anambra State. I ll be going back to my base tomorrow morning. Sambas and Biggjoe my apology,i ll get to u guys on my next visit. Mr Gem i did not hear from u again,i was expecting u to give me a feed back or abi the cheat no work for u? Freedom users should expect challenges very soon cos upon all these loop-hole no new ip is out. After freedom we may expect a down time in ftb but all hope is not lost. If nairaland site is hooking in ur browser,make sure u re using ur internet explorer and also dwnld open vpn. Moderator congrat sir. Butoneday how body? Olason i was moving from niger delta to east when u called maybe network did not allow u to call back hope u got it right?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by NashFTA(m): 6:56am On Apr 20, 2009
@George_D,
@sathob,
Welcome back from hibernation. I wish ecowas4all would awake too. Wanted to
let him know that I eventually resolved the COMSTAR puzzle. It took a little bit of
ingenuity on my part to finally stop the dish from topping over on the west end.
Now I can track from as low as thaicom 5 in the east to intelsat 9 in the west
with normal stops and starts all through. Will post pictures of the flat bar much later.
It will be very useful for anybody contemplating on having a similar set up in the
future.

What are you able to pick from Intelsat 9? A look at the map ( http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/intel9_am.html ) shows that it covers north and south America and parts of Europe. Are you tracking the south america beam too?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by jossybless(m): 8:18am On Apr 20, 2009
@Oga Moderator,
Congrats ooooooooooooooooo May the Lord keep your baby and the mother thank God for the safe delivery we bless the name of the Lord thank God that the mother and the baby are in good health Praise the name of the Lord. Well all that you will need to train her and other children may the Almighty God provide for you oko oba koni sa yin lese ooooo amin A marin yin ba oooo. Once again, congrats Sir !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ Enitan pls can you help my Uncle to install his Nilesat in Ajah Lagos or anyone who can help pls signify pls he has Strong 4663X for now negotiations is allowed
Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 9:37am On Apr 20, 2009
Pito, actually i did try to call but failed, may be due to network problem. I was able 2 use d advise u gave me concerning d stuff. tanx would u keep posted.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 9:47am On Apr 20, 2009
@ jossy, how many dishes ur uncle wants to have? Was he not the one eko helped installed sirius, get across to badaru he'll be willing to help,cos am out of lagos at the moment. Cheers
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 9:48am On Apr 20, 2009
Oga Twinstaiye, congrates on your new born baby. your joy will continue to multiply in Jesus name amen.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Ecowas4All(m): 10:53am On Apr 20, 2009
Nash-FTA
Hi There, No matter how much i try i don't seem to be able to make the time these days. I am now paying for all the hours i spent on nairaland last year and early this year. My boss is tasking me to run processes that would otherwise have taken months to complete within 3 weeks. I have spent time revisiting my software development skills. Apache, PHP & MySql have now taken my full attention.
Fortunately the wife has shown understanding thus far.
I look forward to the pics on your flat bar though.

@Sathob.
I hope the naming ceremony went well. Called last night but you didn't pick up. I had some key soap, I am so out of touch, don't know what people usually bring to naming ceremonies.

@All,
There Must be a reason why Enitan paid so much attention to the base of his mount. I lost my actuator yesterday thanks to some serious wind which rocked Accra. It picked my dish, raised it head and shoulders high and then laid it to rest. I was asleep, funny how the mind works, when i heard the noise, i woke up, without getting out of bed i knew within me that i had lost the installation! I crept to take a peep through the bathroom window and lo! There was my dish almost winking at me through the rain.
Thats how much i have suffered!

So i am currently without my motorised dish.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Jesude: 10:53am On Apr 20, 2009
Goodmorning to all my comrade in house,

please i wan to confirm whether Sirius 2,3 in my strong 4653X is the same as sirius 4 becos there is no sirius 4 on my 4653X decoder series, thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Ecowas4All(m): 11:01am On Apr 20, 2009
@George_D

Sorry my post was actually in relation to your comment referenced by Nash-FTA.
Cheers
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Ecowas4All(m): 11:03am On Apr 20, 2009
@Jesu-De
Please just key in the frequencies you obtained into the Sirius 4 or any other satellite name for that matter. The box is a machine it does not read the name label.
As long as you have the right Frequency and SR/polarity combination on the right elevation and azimuth Gbam! You will see green.
So have no fears!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Jesude: 11:09am On Apr 20, 2009
Comrade ECOWAS4ALL

thanks my brother, i will try that when i get home, God bless.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 20, 2009
@ josy, send me a mail
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Roughlen(m): 1:05pm On Apr 20, 2009
Please sirs,
where can i get the Showtime/art patch? there is one guy that keeps ripping me off collecting 1.5k each time it goes off.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 1:12pm On Apr 20, 2009
@all

Has anyone noticed that 10758 and 12341 has been down on nilesat for some days now?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Enigma(m): 1:52pm On Apr 20, 2009
@ twinstaiye

I add my congrats oooo; Olorun a woo.

@ Ecowas4all

lol, wind --- the nemesis of fta hobbyists! grin

@ all Re Nilesat

A new satellite has deployed at the 7w orbital position; in the UK it means even poorer (in fact no) signal on some frequencies that had been difficult in the first place; I don't know its effect on what is receivable in West Africa; time will tell.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Jesude: 1:56pm On Apr 20, 2009
comrade Olofofo

yes i notice that 10758 is not working on saturday when i was trying to fine tune some nilesat channel,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Ecowas4All(m): 2:07pm On Apr 20, 2009
@Enigma,
My brother, you can say that Again!
A Very painful realisation indeed.
Cheers

@Jesu De
One Love
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 2:13pm On Apr 20, 2009
Enigma:

@ all Re Nilesat

A new satellite has deployed at the 7w orbital position; in the UK it means even poorer (in fact no) signal on some frequencies that had been difficult in the first place; I don't know its effect on what is receivable in West Africa; time will tell.

what new satellite are you talking about?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinstaiye(m): 2:29pm On Apr 20, 2009
@ Olofofo
what channels are in those freq on nilesat that you mentioned. I discovered a drastic reduction in signal on my 2.4M and since I am in the north, I found it very strange.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sambass(m): 3:22pm On Apr 20, 2009
@all any better ku lnbf for nilesat apart from fuji and digitsat.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 3:52pm On Apr 20, 2009
What are you able to pick from Intelsat 9? A look at the map ( http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/intel9_am.html ) shows that it covers north and south America and parts of Europe. Are you tracking the south america beam too?

@Nash-FTA,
Intelsat 9 was just used as a reference for it's elevation. The emphasis was on how low
the dish could get on the west side without topping over. If you have been following the thread
for sometime, you will remember that I did report that my comstar dish was always topping
over anytime I go beyond intelsat 907 (VOA, NTA). I recieved lots of suggestions then from pitodenz
ecowas4all, captainus, etc on possible options to correct the problem. What I have just done is
to get back to the house and let all know that I've eventually resolved the topping over issue.
I will post pictures on how I installed the flat bar (which holds the key to the puzzle) so that
others can learn from my experience.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 4:10pm On Apr 20, 2009
@ecowas4all,
Welcome back from your long hiatus. Nice to know that you're hale and hearty.
So sorry about your dish. Wind is actually the number one worry of any FTA
hobbyist-as someone rightly said. I almost fell into the same problem with my
fibre dish. Only that in my own case, the wind only bent the polar neck and I had
to fabricate another one and do a fresh install. After that, I had a welder contruct
a tripod at the base which I then cast in solid concrete. I haven't had any problems
with wind/rain since then.

@olofofo,
The new satellite enigma is talking about could be the same atlantic bird 4a
announced here a few days back.
It is supposed to replace the original ab4, so maybe they're still having issues
with transponder allocations and configurations. No need to worry as I'm sure
they'll sort things out soon enough and nilesat signals and programmes will be
in better shape for all.

Check out these announcements from lyngsat. Maybe they'll help you get a
clearer picture:

090417 - Atlantic Bird 4 left 7.2 West, moving east
090415 - Atlantic Bird 4A replaced Atlantic Bird 4 at 7.2 West

@sambass,
There's no better lnb than fuji for nilesat at the moment. All efforts to find a better
alternative so far has not yielded much fruits. We are still searching, although
it seems santech is holding up some promising signs.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by salamander(m): 6:01pm On Apr 20, 2009
@ecowas4all

Long time no see. I will talk to the wind to be soften on you next time.

@sathob

Sorry I could not come to the naming ceremony. I hope everything went well.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Enigma(m): 6:46pm On Apr 20, 2009
Again re Nilesat

Yep, AB4[b]A[/b] has replaced AB4. The sad news is that the footprint of AB4A seems to be less generous than the erstwhile AB4 --- especially for people like us (UK certainly and maybe Nigeria/West Africa as well) in fringe reception areas.

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.