Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,117 members, 7,860,030 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:49 AM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (262971 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 23, 2009
@ fofo, comments reserved. @ pit, lagos gprs is damnd strong, imagine having a downlink of nothing less than 95kbps. I struggld connecting in the jungle. @ ola, i hope u are enjoyn this freebie too? @ badaru, how my wafey people over there. @ george,but1day,pit,gem, expect me in that region in ur respective abodes by 2nd week of july, and start preparation in advance. You all know what i cherish most and it got to be free too, copy that?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sambass(m): 8:37pm On Apr 23, 2009
@all put this freq (3961 h 3600) in your reciever and move your dish to east,bt ethiopia and sabc and search.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 10:28pm On Apr 23, 2009
sambass:

@all put this freq (3961 h 3600) in your reciever and move your dish to east,bt ethiopia and sabc and search.

that's so vague. na wetin dey there?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 11:45pm On Apr 23, 2009
@ fofo,
whats so vague about it?
Maybe if you try harder, skysports will surely surface.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 8:19am On Apr 24, 2009
@toxnaija,
I think it's best to leave the dish as it is. Let's wait untill this AB4a reconfiguration is over.
You could be right that it's not your dish that's the problem. Maybe the're still trying to
adjust the EIRP of this new bird and so far it looks like the footprint is falling heavily in
favour of some places more than others. My CNN & showsports was cracking yesterday
night as at 7pm. This continued up till around 10pm when it became stable. Gearone was
just not visible at all during the night but this morning it was showing clearly.
Let's keep our fingers crossed and see how all this turns out.

@satcoper,
There is no signal on 10758V here in W/A even with 4.0m And to think this was a tp which
I was hitting 94% signal quality just a few weeks ago on STRONG!

@jujukemist,
You're using pauxis lnb for nilesat? grin

@badaru,
Sorry I couldn't reach you yesternight. Will make it today.

@enitan,
I hear you. Just make sure you bring enough 'free codes' with you when you come.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by satcoper(m): 12:20pm On Apr 24, 2009
@ George_D, Toxnaija
OK TV is up here on 10758 tp. I guess it is a channel dedicated to sms in arabic, that's what it looks like. I 've a 1.80m pan dish and i'm using FUJI-LNB.
I'm not receiving showtime channels cause my dish was'nt able to pick channels on nilesat101-102 which have a footprint slightly different ( strongly middle east and north africa). I was receiving only ab4 channels cause it had a wide beam. I 'll try again them cause with this change no one knows.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ifende(m): 12:51pm On Apr 24, 2009
@ olofofo,
how u dey? na me enitan oooo, am with ifende the moment.
cheers.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by toxnaija: 6:10pm On Apr 24, 2009
all,
pls scan 3924 H 2894 on NSS703 C-Band for TV Oromiyaa,Ethiopia.
Has anyone tried scanning Daarsat lately?they have added Oghene ndigbo to their line-up.the question is can we pick it with non-HD receivers even if it will not give visuals?I tried their frequencies,I couldnt pick the signal.

Sambass,
you have started again.Can you be specific?the satellite there is intel 904 on 60*East with no frequency as u suggested.I remember how you came up with ur Skysports report,and defiantly refused to give details even after prodding you several times.I think the moderator needs to come up with a reprimand.Enitan,pls take over this issue.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 24, 2009
@ tox,
let us wait and see his next reply.
How you dey my jolly friend?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by toxnaija: 6:38pm On Apr 24, 2009
enitan,
your jolly friend u no ask after!!!I told you to holla me-I get info for u.I am still having problems with the freedom.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by luckiest: 7:09pm On Apr 24, 2009
Each time I pass along the Lekki Express Way just after Ozumba, I see this magnificent building called the 1004. God knows I can leave at the top floor without lift, the location and everything around the building makes me feel like leaving there.

Coming out from the Island I kept wondering why can't our government replicate these type of structure around the state and sell it to people and ensure that occupants pay a controlled price.

I even see us doing something better that the 1004, all due respect to Ajegunle residence I was born there so no disrespect; looking at AJ from the wideness, I believe it can take up to 10 1004 at a go or even more, Orile, Agege, Amukoko, Ijora, Agboju, most part of Alimosho, Okokomaiko etc; the time has come for us to do something to the housing need of the people and ensure that lands are not wasted, because correct me if am wrong, building bungalow in a city like Lagos should be completely abolished; we should encourage people to form cooperative and build a minimum of 8 storey build on a plot and ensure that they construct underground car park, so that there will be enough spaces for recreational activities. We should realise that our population is growing and the era of building bungalow all in the name of owning a house should be stopped; visit Isheri area along the New Lasu Road, and imagine up to 5 1004 there.

So in order to truly fix our housing need in Lagos steps needs to be taken to recreate another 1004, or call it 2008 or 4016 depending on the available spaces; if there can be adequate movement of people or resettlement or temporary accomodation; I will suggest that the government move into slums and first relocate the people in phases, develop the site and return them; example is to take like 10 street, relocate the people to a temoporary accomodation, erect the building and infrastructures, then neatly and quitely return the occupants based on their previous capacity but a decent accomodation; we can task the architect to design a standard one room, one parlour and one room, one parlour and two rooms and one parlour and three rooms all with toilets, store and kitchen.

If our architect cannot design decent and affodable accomodate at low cost with very good material so that the apartment could be sold at affordable rates, then we should turn to the Chinese or Japanese for solution because we all can attest to their architectural masterpiece if the building is about 10 storey previous owners ofthe land should get at least one or two apartment and also share in the sale of other apartments and if possible to make it more appealing to land owner the land and/or part of the property should be returned to the owners after 50 years or thereabout.

The state should also ensure that enough recreational spaces are provided and all parking spaces should be underground, these should give enough spaces for schools, hospitals, markets etc, all must come with similar underground car parking experience; private schools should think of coming together to create a standing school with enough space for sporting and social activities; markets should have underground car parks as well as hospitals; garden expart should not be left out, they should be part of the design to ensure that every floor on each of the buildings has spaces for flowers or a small garden that must be put to use; with simple regulation I believe our people can live in houses like this and when one can find affordable one room apartment in a condusive environment they will be more organised; lets send our contribution and make sure it is constructive, who knows? people in authority might be visiting Nairaland. Oga Fashola, this or even more is possible and affordable

VISIT THE MAIN THREAD HERE TO SEND YOUR CONTRIBUTION: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-264671.0.html
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 8:21pm On Apr 24, 2009
@ luckiest,
it seems you are in here by mistake, i guess?
dont try that next time, ok?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by mjay(m): 8:30pm On Apr 24, 2009
Hello peeps, i just found out that my strong receivers the 2 of them 4650 and 4653x no longer open the etv channel with 6969 or with any code at all, whereas my skysat receiver still opens it without any code. Is it that they've nailed strongs receivers at last ? or there is something am doing wrong. etv is about the best channel in that bird (pas 7/10). Any suggestion as to what to do?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 10:36pm On Apr 24, 2009
@ mjoy,
you need to tell us what exactly you did to your decoders, a decoder opening etv can just stop doing that without a foul play is suspected somewhere.
Did you upload any recent patch to your decoders?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by mjay(m): 4:54am On Apr 25, 2009
you need to tell us what exactly you did to your decoders, a decoder opening etv can just stop doing that without a foul play is suspected somewhere.
Did you upload any recent patch to your decoders?

I actually loaded the latest software i found on the strong site for the 4653x, but i did NOTHING to the 4650. I checked both and find they are both not opening the etv, while the skysat still does. if it is due to the patch i uploaded to the 4653x, is there something i can do to unload it? but what about the 4650? if there are other strongs that still open etv, i guess the probs is from my end, what do I do?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 25, 2009
@ mjoy,
was the 4650 opening etv before?
for the 4653x, go and download its file patch, and get it repatched, go to etv and put in the 6969, and wait for about 3 mins, picture will pop up.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by mjay(m): 10:36am On Apr 25, 2009
go and download its file patch, and get it repatched
pls where do i get a repatch file? it from the strong site? pls help me with a link. Yes the 4650 was opening the etv with 6969 before, i was surprised it suddenly stopped.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 11:00am On Apr 25, 2009
@all

chelsea fans with access to hotbird should check this frequency on hotbird for the westham vs chelsea match on hotbird 12149v 27500 LIDER TV
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 12:16pm On Apr 25, 2009
@ olofofo,
is the station FTA or descrambled by the wonderful echolink decoder?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 12:37pm On Apr 25, 2009
@enitan
FTA
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Enigma(m): 1:47pm On Apr 25, 2009
LIDER will not be fta for the match; they will cut the signal and there will be no picture on the satellite version of the channel till after the match.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by audui(m): 2:16pm On Apr 25, 2009
Hi @ all
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by BUTONEDAY(m): 8:41pm On Apr 25, 2009
@ All,
Any drop in Astra or Hotbird signal?

For those who are not enjoying Nilesat signals for now can try Badr 4 & Bard 6 at 26.o*E. Some of the Nilesat channels are also there. These includes MBC1, MBC2, MBC3, MBC4, MBC Action, MBC Persia, MBC Max, BBC news, Sky news,Fox Series, Aljazeera news, Aljazeera Documentary, Dubai One, Dubai Sports, KTV1, KTV2, KTV3, etc. A three meter dish should be sufficient and the signal strength is better that what Nilesat will give. But Nile seems to be the ultimate.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 9:51pm On Apr 25, 2009
@ butoneday.
i'm really humbled by that phonecall of yours, so much appreciate it.
And also to george that called some days back, appreciates yours too.
it remains guys over in the north pole oooooooooo.

It seems this nile signal wahala will be a discourage factor for new guys like me going for it.
Maybe i rather wait till the moment there's improvement in the signal.
Or what do you guys think about that?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Ecowas4All(m): 6:34am On Apr 26, 2009
@Gangsta 101
Ah! Gangsta na wah for you oh! since page 1 of this season 3 where you promised a detail configuration of the ATX PSU Car battery charger todate i have not seen the detailed description. I have been waiting, kindly comply. My interest though would be to move the alternator out of the car into the house so you don't have to keep changing batteries in your car. Obviously You would need some wind contraptions to do that or perhaps your sport bicycle.
thumbs up!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 1:19pm On Apr 26, 2009
@ all - i tracked badr ku(arabsat)here in ph with 3.0m dish and this is how it goes: first of all i called badaru to confirm the strongest tp and he gave me 11013H which i used.First i tracked w4 to cofirm my lnb i then moved a little bit to right(azimuth)as suggested by baba and then move the dish up to 26' but nothing came up. Then i return to w4 and move to the left then lift the dish up a little and wham!green pop out. But the signal level was not encouraging,all my effort to align to a better signal prove abortive and all the channels in the green tps re scrambled except 3. I then gave up cos i was using ku lnb i removed from dstv. I then told the Lebonese guy that i ll change to a better lnb(fuji)and he said i should get it. I called badaru again and he was positive about fuji. I got fuji with 100% hope that it ll do the magic in a second but wow!fuji perform worst. I studied the dish very well and foud out that scalar rings could not give a good signal so a remove the fuji scalar and replace it with
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 2:34pm On Apr 26, 2009
(cont.) c-band plate after so much construction and wham!green pop out to 54% i then skew the lnb and it increase further to 60%. I came down from the dish thinking all is well but i was so disappointed when i found out that non of V tps could work. So i input one V tp and move the dish down and green pop out but H tps went red. But when i move up H tps ll come and down is for V tps so i leave the dish where it favoured V tps till the signal quality reach 58% then i climb up and do lnb skew,i moved the lnb to 2 o'clock and H tps pop out i then align the two polarization till H reach 51% and V 60% but MBC's where nowhere,so i moved the dish a little and mbc's hit up to 58% then all the tps turn green with maximum of 72% to minimum of 58% signal strength. Olofofo/Tox i wonder why u guys did not include this arabsat in ur motorize setup?Cos i believe if this aged 3.0m fiber dish ll get it ur 2.4m should do the same.And like butoneday posted all the channels in nilesat re there except pakages like showtime,art
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 26, 2009
@ pit,
i noticed that you are still on on your mobile,
the yellow guys have blocked off opera mini mod, what are u using now?
get across to everyonne of us in the google group, ASAP.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 26, 2009
@ oga twins,
reports reaching me here rae saying a lot has been going on in your abode. If you dont want the gods of FTA to strike down your dish just like bodejohn, ecowas4all, you'd better come and appease us all here that were unable to attend your baby christening.
i will be awaiting you upload pictures on your facebook.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 6:06pm On Apr 26, 2009
can someone help me with this,
just found out that my beloved eurostar Es-1 decoder has the ALi M3329 b1 chip, if anyone can help me with the latest patch belonging to this decoder, i will appreciate it.
thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 6:09pm On Apr 26, 2009
ola, olofofo, oga badaru,
i throw salute oooo, have been busy with my project topic for jjungle all this while
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 10:25pm On Apr 26, 2009
enitan2002:

can someone help me with this,
just found out that my beloved eurostar Es-1 decoder has the ALi M3329 b1 chip, if anyone can help me with the latest patch belonging to this decoder, i will appreciate it.
thanks

awoof master. ur 3329B1 chips are not supported by echolink. no go buy, you hear.

@oga moderator

I dey your mashion gate ooo, dem no let me enter ooooooo. security tight no be small. i hear say yaradua and goodluck dey there. abeg make the rice no finish before i enter oooo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.