Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,425 members, 7,853,840 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 05:55 AM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (262750 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by eduzo(m): 10:59am On May 18, 2009
all
rescan tv zimbo on w3 7e
eduzo
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Drelu(m): 12:03pm On May 18, 2009
@F_Marshal,
Recently I changed all my setup (Decoder,LNB) since then my reception has been very low, I experiment what your last discoverd. though I could'nt lay my hand on a cup that match the LNG, I only used a Ragolis can, which fixed firmely without the need for a cellotape.
The result:- The signal level jump to an all time high
Thanx for your discorvery
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 12:47pm On May 18, 2009
@Pitodenz,
I will work on my nilesat by this weekend-God willing. Thanks for the info
you gave on phone.

@Dejsam,
What happened to your two lines? None are going since yesterday evening.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 1:00pm On May 18, 2009
@ george d,

both are ok.and working ,though i used mtn line with my phone in the evening to chat on line with my desktop at home.
how is today and hope work is fine
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 1:33pm On May 18, 2009
@Dejsam,
Ok, let me try again.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by babaegun(m): 2:34pm On May 18, 2009
Dre_lu:

I only used a Ragolis can, which fixed firmely without the need for a cellotape. The result:- The signal level jump to an all time high Thanx for your discorvery
@Dre_lu

Did you use your Ragolis signal booster on a 1.8m dish, 1.2m, 90cm, or 60cm dish? Please, let us know.

eduzo:

rescan tv zimbo on w3 7e

@eduzo,
I think it will be nice for you to tell us the new additional channel at that tp.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Drelu(m): 3:14pm On May 18, 2009
Baba_egun
I live in a place where there are lot of trees around, I have 60cm dish., before now my etv use to have btw 48-52, now I have btw 68 - 74 signal level, station like mana rose to 95

Regards
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Jesude: 3:16pm On May 18, 2009
my fellow comrade goodafternoon, (OUR MOTTO:DO IT YOURSELF)

can you please help me i live in niger state what i suppose to have done that i did not do concerning sirius 4,  i used (1.8 dish strong and 4653x  series) i was able to track nilesat, nss 7ku and sirius 4 on the same dish but sirius 4 i can only get 12605 v 29950  (Globecast promo, voxafrica, BVN TV, Walf TV ) for about  80% green and with two other feeds but showing nothing on the feed but just green after blind scaning. i even input some feed given in this house but nothing is coming forth. or is that the only channel i can get on this bird (Sirius 4). thank you.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by FMarshal2(m): 3:21pm On May 18, 2009
Enigma:
@F-Marshal

How bodi now?

Some chap came to present that funnel/plastic idea at the satellites.co.uk forum last week; however, he wasn't able to convince the folk there that it boosts signal. It might be worth trying out for oneself though.

Edited: @George_D; yep, they would have indeed been testing for a while before launch.  cool

Ol'boy I dey O! grin The funnel thing is the same concept as the conical scalar ring concept on an offset dish. It is strange, I had a fluctuating quality signal betwen 37 and 42 and with a Cup in place my signal became a steady 48 quality reading. smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 3:24pm On May 18, 2009
Keep it up guys, really enjoying it. Maddox, where u at?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 3:31pm On May 18, 2009
@Jesu de,
If you can't get anything on the feed frequency, it simply means they're not transmitting
at that time. That is why it's called a feed frequency.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by FMarshal2(m): 3:32pm On May 18, 2009
Olason: F-marshal, bros happy birthday and many more yrs of success. [color=#990000][/color]    Twinstaiye, how far? any feedback concerning wat u called me on d phone for?
Olason, I no sabi wetin to tok o! , embarassed But my B'day na for December no be now O!, Thank u anyway! cool
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 3:51pm On May 18, 2009
OBNELLY, yes man I was able to track that stubborn bird . As per the echo update check Sa-tm-c 17-05-09
ENITAN, IFENDE, you guys saw the thing with your korokoro eyes abi? at Baba's place. sorry I couldn't make it, I was held up somewhere.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by FMarshal2(m): 3:51pm On May 18, 2009
Dre_lu:

@F_Marshal,
Recently I changed all my setup (Decoder,LNB) since then my reception has been very low, I experiment what your last discoverd. though I could'nt lay my hand on a cup that match the LNG, I only used a Ragolis can, which fixed firmely without the need for a cellotape.
The result:- The signal level jump to an all time high
Thanx for your discorvery

cool Alright!!!! smiley This is what I'm talking about. Experiment, and tinker with your setup you'll be surprised how much you can find out!!! It started with a cup, and we have now added "Ragolis can" to the mix with even better readings in Quality! Good Job, Dre_lu!!!! Can you post pictures? grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by osef(m): 3:59pm On May 18, 2009
@ all,
I seriously desire tips on how to get my nile sat billed for tuesday 19th may, I will appreciate it alot.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Iranoladun(f): 4:45pm On May 18, 2009
Hello everyone! I just stumbled on this thread today and I'm elated. This is a wonderful thread; I knew very little about FTA but reading through I now know so much and won't hesitate to try it out. cool

I will let you all know how it goes as soon as I install my own FTA. Can anyone supply the name of a reliable/honest installer?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by osef(m): 4:56pm On May 18, 2009
@all
pls send tips to my email address osef55@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by osef(m): 5:00pm On May 18, 2009
@Iranoladun
welcome you did not state your location,once again welcome on board this is one of the best thing you can get in Nigeria.
@Gangsta101
Bros how is service hope all is well, pls help me with my nile sat How do i start, God bless.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Iranoladun(f): 5:02pm On May 18, 2009
Ire Akari Estate, Isolo-Lagos
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spaceman(m): 5:06pm On May 18, 2009
@Iranoladun
welcome 2 ds forum. it is a do it urself mostly here. however open ur eyes well 2 c whatever d installer will do for u. u will learn so much and b able 2 troubleshoot some problems with tym.
enjoy
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by salamander(m): 5:15pm On May 18, 2009
osef:

@Iranoladun
welcome you did not state your location,once again welcome on board this is one of the best thing you can get in Nigeria.
@Gangsta101
Bros how is service hope all is well, pls help me with my nile sat How do i start, God bless.

Not the best in Nigeria, but the whole Africa. Remember our locations!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Gangsta101(m): 7:29pm On May 18, 2009
Osef,

I'm alright. what exactly can i help u with?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:00pm On May 18, 2009
@osef,
You should try reading back issues of season 2 of this thread and the beginning pages
of season 3. All you need as per nilesat installation has already been discussed. I even
gave a graphical description of my own installation experience. And I remember Toxnaija
and olofofo did same in season 2 with adewest.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by jujukemist(m): 10:19pm On May 18, 2009
Pito, I will do as u requested. Dejsam u sent me a mirror empty copy of the software. Thanks however. My system has a java loading error and not that i cannot down load the software.Its a loading problem I have.
Gangsta pls call me, its urgent. thanks.
Olofofo,by open lnb, I mean cutting thru the area of the white cover-I think i dealt with it in season 2.
Pito thanks for telling that guy in enugu to lie low.we will help him blow his cow horn when necessary. If not I shall direct my surface to surface missle to enugu cool and take out his location
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 10:55pm On May 18, 2009
@ desjam
Plz confirm the current price and get back to me.
@ Jujukemist am also expecting to hear from ur side.
@ Dr_lu
plz can u post a pic of that ur ragolis setup asap.
@ All
We all should be thanking F_marshal for sharing this wonderful experience with us. If tried with prime focus dishes which i strongly believed it ll work and it works,i think that might boost our Nile signal. When i first examine fuji lnb performance i became to wonder why it works better than entire ku lnb in our market,that was when i reach the conclusion that it was because of its wide bottom which enables it to accumulate more signal to the receiver. But this was i theory until i saw f marshal post ,then i became to believe this theory the more. Since no one has tried it with prime focus dish on nile,i hereby beg George to give it a try this weekend . I myself ll try it with 3.0 mesh dish on nile before weekend.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Ecowas4All(m): 3:29am On May 19, 2009
@F_Marshal
Great Work on that cuptenna! Here are some suggestions to increase signal:
Use a metalic cup it will boost signal within the cylindrical interior onto the LNB. Be careful though about Grounding because if your dish is not grounded, Gbah!!! Lightening don Fire that dish be dat!
As space man suggested, you must ensure that the Focal Point still falls inside your cup adaptor.

@Spaceman
The principle about the diameter and length is simple the LNB length should be such that the back is aligned to the quarterwave length there's plenty of stuff online about that, just google cantenna.

@Nash
Yes indeed this is rocket science do not forget that without rockets we would have none of these satellites to gun for.

@Salamander
Remember my Kitchen Cooking Foil Signal Booster? It works on the same principle although that is the Prime Focus Version. So all who wanna try signal boosting if you do Prime Focus Your Booster should be on the Dish Lip while the Offset guys use the cylindrical or conical booster.
I'll try putting up pictures later if i can make time from this Ghost life i am now living.

@Someone who needed an RF to Coaxial Connection for Sat Receiver:
Have no fears, simply buy an Alkad RF pin (about 0.5 Ghana Cedis or 1 Ghana Cedi) instead of the usual cheap black one (0.1 Ghana Cedi or 10 PesewaS) most people use for their speakers. This RF pin has a metallic top sheath that will hold the mesh of your coaxial cable (negative) while the copper in the white foam of the cable fits snuggly into the screw clamp. At the LNB end of your installation just install with the normal F-Connector.

@Sathob
Your baby's property is still in my house oh!

@All
Regards
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by salamander(m): 6:57am On May 19, 2009
@ecowas4all

Long time no see. Hope everything is well. If you are gunning for the Deputy Ministerial post kindly don't forget about us. Just give me the contract to install a satellite dish for your ministry.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by darqly(m): 8:02am On May 19, 2009
Hi all, just recently started using a starsat Xr7100 USB. Used to get patches from najmsat.com to unlock showtime and art but have been unable to access the site since sunday evening, hence no more showtime and art since the last update expired.

Patches are a .bin format and I upgrade via USB, anyone know where I can get these patches again? As i'm stuck with just foxmovies and all the mbcs, I really miss Foxnews and Skynews, and my VH1, !! I'll give an arm and a leg for VH1.

Help guys!!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 8:11am On May 19, 2009
darqly:

I really miss Foxnews and Skynews, and my VH1, !! I'll give an arm and a leg for VH1.

Help guys!!

ok, since you put it like that, give me your right and and your left leg, so that you can still maintaing some balance before you go back and check previous posts for alternate sites where you can get downloads for your decoder. it helps to know the decoder type first though, i think is should either be a an eta or an epsillon. some one should correct me if i  am wrong.

@all

digitv on thor 1W is very receivable here and keys are still very much active. those with 2.4m and above should try and give us some feedback. i remember hitting green on my 1.8m dish in season one on that bird. i believe that the map is as close as nile to us.

http://www.lyngsat.com/1west.html

try giving the tps on spot 3 a try.

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 9:01am On May 19, 2009
@jujukemist,

the file i sent to u is in .rar format.and if u dont have a winrar application on your system u may not be able to access it.
if u will need the winrar application just let me know,so that i can send it to u.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Drelu(m): 9:43am On May 19, 2009
F_Marshal,
Picture as requested

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sathob(m): 11:26am On May 19, 2009
@Ecowas4All
good to hear from you once again. 'll try to meet you one of these days.

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.