Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,770 members, 7,831,477 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (261582 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 7:30pm On May 14, 2009
@Dejsam,
That write up was very instructive. Keep it up.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 9:15pm On May 14, 2009
@GEM

where's the party at. More Blessings with many years remaining.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by FMarshal2(m): 9:32pm On May 14, 2009
[size=16pt]Boost Weak Signals and Reduce Rain Fade![/size]

If you're creative and don't mind the look you can use a Funnel shaped plastic cup or simillar and attach it to your lnb with electrical tape to boost some weak signals on your Linear LNB Dish setup. For 90cm to 1.2m offset dish this could mean some relief from rain fade and also an increase in quality. It is simple, but it works!  grin cool

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by salamander(m): 9:47pm On May 14, 2009
Gr8 work Marshal
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emexi: 6:35am On May 15, 2009
@marshal ,thats beautiful work. but what can be used to improve the signal quality of the c /band especially 1.8m dish.

@pitodenz .man isent you a mail but have not heard from you. is everything ok.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by chuk101(m): 9:18am On May 15, 2009
Pito how now,longtime no see, abt the strong 4663x , are u sure its not fake, cause i do get update from strong once they have a new product in d market
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by eduzo(m): 10:20am On May 15, 2009
Mr gem
happy birthday and all the best.

marshall

that is ingenious. will try it.
eduzo
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 10:48am On May 15, 2009
@ ifende,
today na yur day, happy buffday to you my padi.

@ tox,
wetin u get for me? i know say e no go pass fish matter.

@ ola,
wetin dey happen? i go enter bdarau end tomoroow with ifende.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by biggjoe(m): 11:31am On May 15, 2009
@ F-Marshal,
You have just given me enough reason to go and adjust my FTA installation after a long period of neglect.

Thats what I call ingenuity.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spaceman(m): 12:35pm On May 15, 2009
@ f-mashal
good job
u must also baer in mind that th lenght and diameter of ur funnl shld b comparable to ur dish size. I mean d opening of d funnel shld be such dat it receives max signal coming to d lnb from dish and not obstruct it.
am i making sence?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by abujabooks(f): 12:36pm On May 15, 2009
Does anyone have a contact name and tel no at Alaba Mkt to buy the 2.5m dish, c-band lnbf, decoder and rf cable?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by NashFTA(m): 1:22pm On May 15, 2009
@F-Marshal,
That setup looks more like a rocket engine ready to fire into space! Talk of rocket science! grin
Anyway, I will give it a try soon.

@All,
How does cutting a Ku-band LNB (i.e., the plastic part pointing the dish) increase sensitivity to weak signals? I saw it posted in Part 2 of this forum.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by leye1(m): 1:52pm On May 15, 2009
could someone assist me where i can get LNBF converter i av a Daewoo dv digital terestial receiver whc doesnt av LNB port it has on RF port and no way to connect to dish and somebody to me that i can connect LNB converter with it and it will work , they just to me from uk i dont even know wheither it can work in nigeria
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spaceman(m): 2:19pm On May 15, 2009
leye1:

could someone assist me where i can get LNBF converter i av a Daewoo dv digital terestial receiver whc doesnt av LNB port it has on RF port and no way to connect to dish and somebody to me that i can connect LNB converter with it and it will work , they just to me from uk i dont even know wheither it can work in nigeria
Bros this is a terestrial rx and not a satellite decoder! u cant use it with lnb and thats y it has no lnb i/p. simple.
sat dx are meant for satellite signal. ur terestrial rx is a mere "advanced "local station rx.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spaceman(m): 2:27pm On May 15, 2009
fine. if u can get an lnb converter give it a trial and let us know whats up. i blv it will wrk since d converter is going 2 downconvert ur sat signal freq.
But then, dont u thnk getting a sat dx and connect straght away is easier, rather than patch 1 2 d oda? hw effectv ur patchup is let us know.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 2:29pm On May 15, 2009
@ all,

this is just a short tutorial about coco card.

What is the Coco MCR smart card?

The Coco MCR is an unofficial smart card similar to the Abracadabra smart card. The only difference is that the Coco MCR works on more receivers provided that they have an embedded CAM preferably an IRDETO CAM, while the Abracadabra only works with certain receivers like the Echolink and its clones.
Here is a list of channels that this card opens, however, please notice that there are always changes and some channels might be working or not at any given time.
- ART (Nilesat 7W)
- Showtime (Nilesat 7W)
- Orbit Network (Eurobird 2 26E & Atlantic Bird 2 8W)
- La7 Cartapiu (Atlantic Bird 1 12.5W)
- TPS (Hotbird 13E)
- ART European beam ARABESQUE (Hotbird 13E)
- ABSAT (Hotbird 13E)
- Digitalb (Eutelsat W2 16E)
- Canal Digital Nordic (Thor 0.8W)
- Kabelkiosk (Atlantic Bird 2 8W)
- NTV PLUS (Eutelsat W4 36E)
- S€xview (Hotbird 13E)
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by FMarshal2(m): 3:47pm On May 15, 2009
salamander:

Gr8 work Marshal
Salamamder, how u dey nah? grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by salamander(m): 4:54pm On May 15, 2009
@Marshal

Thanks for asking, I dey oo
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by FMarshal2(m): 4:55pm On May 15, 2009
emexi:

@marshal ,thats beautiful work. but what can be used to improve the signal quality of the c /band especially 1.8m dish.@pitodenz .man isent you a mail but have not heard from you. is everything ok.
On your I.8M, I believe a good scalar ring should do the trick. Make sure your LNB and Scalar ring are centered in the middle of the dish. Find the sweet spot by moving your LNB in and out. Right now, I'm setting up my 1.2M dish (motorized) to pickup some C-band channels using a Conical Scalar Ring. I will post the pictures when the project is complete

eduzo:

Mr gem
happy birthday and all the best.

marshall

that is ingenious. will try it.

eduzo

Nothing spoil, we're here to learn from each other, abi no be so?[/color]

biggjoe:

@ F-Marshal,
You have just given me enough reason to go and adjust my FTA installation after a long period of neglect.

Thats what I call ingenuity.

[color=#000099]De OGA imsef!!! grin E don tey wey man neva see ya break light nah!! I happy sey dis wan bring u comot from ya hibernation o!
cool

spaceman:

@ f-mashal
good job
u must also baer in mind that th lenght and diameter of ur funnl shld b comparable to ur dish size. I mean d opening of d funnel shld be such dat it receives max signal coming to d lnb from dish and not obstruct it.
am i making sence?
Yes, your making absolute sense, but I'm not very sure of the exact science in this case. We're all experimenting, and that's the joy of FTA.
Nash-FTA:

@F-Marshal,
That setup looks more like a rocket engine ready to fire into space! Talk of rocket science! grin
Anyway, I will give it a try soon.
@All,
How does cutting a Ku-band LNB (i.e., the plastic part pointing the dish) increase sensitivity to weak signals? I saw it posted in Part 2 of this forum.

We do these all in the name of FTA and all those channels we like to show off to our friends and family, but never ever get the full time to watch. sad Yes, cutting the plastic part increases signal, but you run the risk of exposing the LNB throat to rain water and insects nesting in them. For me, I never cut the protective plastic that covers the LNB feed horn.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by MrGem(m): 6:05pm On May 15, 2009
@all>> I'm very appreciative of all your Birthday's Wishes to me, both at the present and the ones to follow. May He grant us our heart-felt desires and long lives. Have a nice week-end.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by salamander(m): 6:22pm On May 15, 2009
just curious, how old is Gem?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 6:54pm On May 15, 2009
@Dejsam,
Looks like you have very solid info about this coco card. What about pas 10
package? Any luck on that?

@F_Marshal,
Nice pics. Does the plastic cup boost out-of-footprint signals like nilesat too? Do
you know?

EDITED
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Enigma(m): 7:27pm On May 15, 2009
Happy birthday to Mr Gem (and Ifende i think - from one post I saw?)

For those who can get NSS 7 @ 22w please scan 11551 V 30000 3/4 and report back.

This is the background: http://www.mediainzimbabwe.com/?p=1787
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 8:06pm On May 15, 2009
@ George D The new strong 4663x is not fake. It is yet to flood the market because of the existing product. There is no changes just the face and i think strong did it to control piracy. @ chucks 4663x was in market for some months b4 strong start dispatching text messages so hold on they may send it later. @ F marshal your pic shows the reason why fuji lnb works better than other lnbs even 2.0 db lnbs. With this i dont even see the reason of cutting our lnb for signal boosting, i ll give it a try,thanks for the info u re the man.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by FMarshal2(m): 9:23pm On May 15, 2009
George_D:

@F_Marshal,
Nice pics. Does the plastic cup boost out-of-footprint signals like nilesat too? Do
you know?
This experiment was performed on an Offset dish and not a prime focus dish. Who knows? There maybe a way to rig something simillar for Prime focus LNBs.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by babaegun(m): 4:11am On May 16, 2009
Enigma:

For those who can get NSS 7 @ 22w please scan 11551 V 30000 3/4 and report back.
@Enigma

Yeah, I scanned the TP and got Africa 24 . It is the only channel that is FTA on the tp. The broadcast is in French. The signal quality is superb. So sad no english broadcast for now. Got this piece from the internet.

A new pan African satellite channel that covers Europe, the Middle East and the USA has been launched in Paris. The founder, Constant Nemale from Cameroon, claims that Africa 24 is the only broadcaster in the world to reach Africans no matter where they are located. The international news channel, Africa 24, is wholly owned by Afrimedia which has offices located around the African continent. Now with offices and studios in Paris, France, the firm employs forty five people who come from eighteen countries. The aim is to produce content for the changing face of the entire African continent. Although currently the channel is broadcast in French, it wants to compete with big news broadcasters such as CNN. To do that it will need to produce programming in English, a capability which will be added in 2010.

@Mr Gem

Happy Belated birthday.

cheers.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 4:59am On May 16, 2009
@ pitodenz,
why not try to posta pix of the new face of 4663X.

@ ola,
am entering badaru's crib today with ifende, u go show too?

@ abujabooks,
try and get across to olofofo, he'll be willing to help you out, and being a female which i can see from your profile, he'll surely treat you nice too.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 5:11am On May 16, 2009
@ all,
after so much time wasting on my nile installation, which was due to me going hungry for several months to be able to save up to that amount, i've finally raised a reasonable amount and am glad to announce to the whole house that the final countdown to my installation starts today, my nile should be ready on the 29th of May, to commemorate with Nigeria Democrazie day.
And all thanks to badaru who's willing to part with some of the satellite accessories at subsidized prices.

13 days to go
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Enigma(m): 9:27am On May 16, 2009
@baba_egun

Thanks for confirmation; I had actually read that news item; here is the link: http://www.techwatch.co.uk/2009/05/14/africa-24-launched-in-paris/

The new channel is very promising apart from the language being in French.

By the way, what are the latest developments at Sirius 5e?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:05am On May 16, 2009
@Enigma,
Africa 24 has been on on that bird for several month now. I guess they were
only test transmitting then. Someone even wrote something about it in season 2.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Enigma(m): 10:14am On May 16, 2009
@F-Marshal

How bodi now?

Some chap came to present that funnel/plastic idea at the satellites.co.uk forum last week; however, he wasn't able to convince the folk there that it boosts signal. It might be worth trying out for oneself though.

Edited: @George_D; yep, they would have indeed been testing for a while before launch. cool
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 11:49am On May 16, 2009
@ enitan it ll soon be all over the market. I heard that strong has to withdraw it from market because of the existing product. In ph is only one dealer that was lucky to purchase from Zobis in Alaba before strong order to them to stop the marketing until the old stock finish. Since ur nile installation ll stand by may 29(obj day) it might ve flood the market by then. @ Badaru- butoneday called this morning that he ve got the magic gamma plus and the thing is working like fire but the price of that card is coco x4

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.