Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,399 members, 7,853,773 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:48 PM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (262739 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by tommix: 1:43pm On May 12, 2009
Pls can somebody help me with d patch on my strong decoder x4663 on mytv. Here is my email: tommix_x@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 4:00pm On May 12, 2009
@pitodenz,
Let's see how it goes. I will try the tps as mentioned.

@mide2008,
If those tps you mentioned are recievable in Ilesha, I'm sure they will be available here.
Maybe what I'll do is to track 101 & 102 seperately and use my positioner to bring in
ab4a as a different bird altogether.
What size dish was used to bring in the signals in all those places you mentioned?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 4:06pm On May 12, 2009
badaru1:

I watch all the sunday matches live,uptill this morning my card is working. For sec reason I will not disclose the details of the card. It is also not good business users

@ all

There is a certain model of comstar dish 2.4 in the market ,pole mount, dont buy the signal on nile is not more than 1.8m dish.

Bros badaru,
Looks like that your own stuff is more powerful than this coco arrangement o!
Keep on enjoying smiley

What is wrong with the COMSTAR polar mount that you referred to in your post?
Are there fakes in the market now?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 4:10pm On May 12, 2009
olason:

All, echolink 3030 usb for sale. 20k (3wks old) serious buyers only. call 08033231671, 08029317522.

@olason,
I'm planning to buy an echolink 3030 usb. What is wrong with this one you want to sell?
Just three weeks old and you're selling already. Abi no updates for am? grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by BUTONEDAY(m): 8:51pm On May 12, 2009
@ Pito,
I have not been able to re-programme my coconut card. I hope to be free tomorrow or next for this activity.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 11:23pm On May 12, 2009
George D, for now I realy don't have the need 4 it. as for the updates , it is readily available on the various forums. infact i jus patched it las night with d lastest showtime release.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by mide2008(m): 5:34am On May 13, 2009
@george
in those places i mentioned 3.0m fibre dish were used while i used 3.8m mesh dish.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 12:11pm On May 13, 2009
@ Olofofo

I confirmed that it's an european beam, but have you checked Intel10.02
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 1:42pm On May 13, 2009
BUTONEDAY:

@ Pito,
I have not been able to re-programme my coconut card. I hope to be free tomorrow or next for this activity.

Bros, wetin do your celtel line? I've been trying to reach you without success.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by jossybless(m): 1:48pm On May 13, 2009
@ All
Plz somebody brought this decoder Nokia 9660S Media master for me and will appreciate if anyone know anything about this decoder and does it support FTA channels, can it be patch as strong? Plz I need your inputs
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spaceman(m): 2:49pm On May 13, 2009
jossybless:

@ All
Plz somebody brought this decoder Nokia 9660S Media master for me and will appreciate if anyone know anything about this decoder and does it support FTA channels, can it be patch as strong? Plz I need your inputs
I have heard some people in anoda forum used Nokia 9660s, 9600, 9500s, 9860s, and from their discussion dey work on fta. but full details as compared 2 d common ones I dont know. here is a copy of d statement from d forum, where d guy is equally seeking help:
"[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]I had also got a mediamaster 9660s nokia FTA decorder which also crushed while downloading software on it using a null moden cable! It now shows 00:00,then Odl,then 1281,then "SELF" and this keeps blinking all the time!Can some one help me in flashing it!"[/font]
good luk
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by spaceman(m): 3:09pm On May 13, 2009
u can visit ds site to get hw 2 get more info and upgrade ur nokia 9660s www.auspaytv.com/info/decoders, or/nokiainfo.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 4:34pm On May 13, 2009
mide2008:

@george
in those places i mentioned 3.0m fibre dish were used while i used 3.8m mesh dish.

@mide,
if those places as mentioned used 3m fibre, then i'm afraid whether i can succeed here
with the same size of dish. but still, it's worth a try.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 4:37pm On May 13, 2009
@jossybless,
why don't you use the normal STRONG decoder that everyone is familiar with? or better still
go for starsat or echolink? this your nokia 9660s maybe difficult to support o!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by deepbluesky(m): 4:48pm On May 13, 2009
Hello everybody,

It's the first time i'm writing here. Have passed all the posts made about satellite reception in your region and must admit that i'm quite impressed so many people having this hobby. One of my hobbies is doing research about extreme fringe and out of footprint reception conditions all over the world and this is how i found by chance this board. You can find me in several european sat boards as well.

I want to start with 2 questions if you don't mind:

1) Is there anybody receiving 13E in Lagos ? I suppose that even a 5m solid dish of high quality wouldn't do the job, right ?
In times before Hotbird 6 i had read about partial reception as South as Bamako on 4.5m but the newer Hotbirds look to be extremely sharp edged. At least this is what people in Pakistan and India tell and i fear that the same might be the case even in Africa.

2) Does anybody get 76.5E C-Band in Lagos ? I am aware of the quite low elevation of 8.2° and the theoretical coverage of 32dbW, so a 4.5m dish might do the job, but can this guarantee 24/7 reception ? In particular the following frequencies are of interest: 3680H/3760H/3780V

Best regards from Stuttgart and thanks for your time and hospitality.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 4:57pm On May 13, 2009
@deepbluesky,
Welcome. You have come to the right place as far as satellite reception is concerned.
Those birds you mentioned are very much recievable in nigeria. Particularly in Lagos
and environs, people are using 2.4m soild dishes to recieve hotbird.
Telstar 10, C-band is also being recieved in Nigeria. If you can find time to go through
previous posts in Part 2 of this thread, hotbird was dealt with extensively.
Enjoy your stay with us.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ekonibaje(m): 5:00pm On May 13, 2009
george d--long time--toxnaija ,hw u dey--enitan long time--olofofo of nig-hw u dey--the moderator --hw u dey--i just wanna say thks to all--my good friend adewest and olason ,hw na dey--enitan u no dey pick call again wetin dey---thks--pls load my gmail back--thks pito wetin dey--thks man.buto hw is ur koko doing=
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 5:05pm On May 13, 2009
@ekonibaje,
no shaking. wetin dey happen?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ekonibaje(m): 5:27pm On May 13, 2009
pls flash my mobile line--08029461534--george -d-pls a little gist
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by deepbluesky(m): 5:46pm On May 13, 2009
@George_D:
Thanks very much for your quick reply George. smiley
I will retake a look and return with any further questions if needed.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by toxnaija: 6:28pm On May 13, 2009
badaru1,
I miss you no be small.I will visit you soon to see the new wonder in your satellite set up.I tried calling some time back but I couldnt get thru.I hope you still use the glo line.what do you think is making it difficult for us in Lagos/Ogun to pick ab4a signals while mide2008 and his friends pick it easily in Osun state with the same 3m dish?

George,
I have appeased the gods.dont worry.I have a feeling you will pick ab4a if you get the allignment right.It seems ur dish is fantastic.I am waiting to hear from you.

Enitan/Ola,
how body?I hope your family is doing well.Enitan,pls holla me.something sweet is coming from Keffi for you.no be small thing oooo.

Graciousme,
howdy?I am still waiting for my answer.

deepbluesky,
welcome on board.I dealt extensively on hotbird in part2.even,some days ago i wrote about SSS channels being descrambled with echolink on 3m dish in the Lagos area.you can pick almost 800 channels on hotbird here with 2.4 and 3m dishes.

ekoonibaje,
how body?soo wa pa?have you settled with badaru1 and adewest.pls no animosity here ooooo.

all,
where is my pal ADEWEST.pls find him for me.In case you have problems with watching la liga,you can hook to tv3Ghana on NSS 7 C-band.They bailed me out when the jsc patch went off for Barca/Real Madrid.pls hook to ART4 at 1900GMT for Barca/ATH Bilbao,Showtime1/2 or Maghreb for Wigan/Man Utd.regards.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 6:45pm On May 13, 2009
@ekonibaje,
Ok. I will call you later. I hope the gist na better one o? grin

@toxnaija,
You can be rest assured. That my dish is good at throwing up
surprises. Just keep your fingers crossed.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by FMarshal2(m): 9:47pm On May 13, 2009
deepbluesky:

Hello everybody,

It's the first time i'm writing here. Have passed all the posts made about satellite reception in your region and must admit that i'm quite impressed so many people having this hobby. One of my hobbies is doing research about extreme fringe and out of footprint reception conditions all over the world and this is how i found by chance this board. You can find me in several european sat boards as well.

I want to start with 2 questions if you don't mind:

1) Is there anybody receiving 13E in Lagos ? I suppose that even a 5m solid dish of high quality wouldn't do the job, right ?
In times before Hotbird 6 i had read about partial reception as South as Bamako on 4.5m but the newer Hotbirds look to be extremely sharp edged. At least this is what people in Pakistan and India tell and i fear that the same might be the case even in Africa.

2) Does anybody get 76.5E C-Band in Lagos ? I am aware of the quite low elevation of 8.2° and the theoretical coverage of 32dbW, so a 4.5m dish might do the job, but can this guarantee 24/7 reception ? In particular the following frequencies are of interest: 3680H/3760H/3780V

Best regards from Stuttgart and thanks for your time and hospitality.
Welcome aboard deepbluesky. smiley So,  if I may ask how would you apply the knowlege/information you gather about these satellites you mentioned from your current location?  Once again welcome!! cool
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by MrGem(m): 10:46am On May 14, 2009
@all

My best regards to all as I'm celebrating my BIRTHDAY today. I LOVE YOU ALL. Cheers.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 11:11am On May 14, 2009
@ Mr Gem happy birthday. @ all new face of strong 4663x in market, what a beautiful piece of receiver!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by graciousme(f): 11:15am On May 14, 2009
@ mr gem

happy birthday,God bless you,send my cake pls,chocolatae cake.

@toxiee
you and this your question sef! i bet you choosed the right profession.how is preparation?takia

@olofofo

pls call me.08033319207,would have called but i dont your number
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by fopros: 1:06pm On May 14, 2009
bro toxnaija and all
please ,do you mean that Hotbird6/8/9 at 13.0 E can be received in lagos area with 2.4 m dish? if yes it can be received in Lome too or accra. right? how is the signal?
thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 1:24pm On May 14, 2009
@Mr. Gem,
Happy birthday to you. Peace and love!

@Pitodenz,
Is it only the face of 4663X they're changing? Are there no new features included?
How are we sure they're not fakes? Remember that is how they flooded the market
with fake 4653X until strong technologies was forced to stop making them altogether.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 1:57pm On May 14, 2009
@ all

the latest echolink update is available at the g group.all g group members can get from their mailbox.

update ur art back.

enjoy.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by FMarshal2(m): 2:07pm On May 14, 2009
Mr. Gem:

@all

My best regards to all as I'm celebrating my BIRTHDAY today. I LOVE YOU ALL. Cheers.
Happy Birthday Bro! smiley Wishing you the best life has to offer! grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 4:22pm On May 14, 2009
@all,

for your info-

New Satellite Atlantic Bird 7 at 7W

Satellite operator Eutelsat Communications for the company Astrium has ordered the delivery of a new telecommunications satellite Atlantic Bird 7 for the operation of the orbital position 7 degrees west. Satellite delivery is scheduled for the fourth quarter 2011 and will cover the Middle East and North Africa, which together cover the Egyptian satellite operator Niles (Niles satellite 101 and Niles 102). Launchers selects Eutelsat later.

Atlantic Bird 7 is the satellite, which was more recently placed under the working title of Atlantic Bird 4-R. Atlantic Bird 7 satellite will replace the original Atlantic Bird 4, which moves to the position originally planned as a 13 ° E Hot Bird 10 and take a service for the Hot Bird 6th Atlantic Bird 4 satellite was in position 7 ° W put into operation in March of this year and replace the old satellite Atlantic Bird 4th This left 7 ° W, and headed east. Location 7 St. West has transferred over 450 television programs for more than 38 million households.

New satellite Atlantic Bird 7 will increase the number of active transponders on the position of 7 ° W from 26 to 50 This position is 101 and the Niles Niles 102nd In the middle of next year will be the position of 7 ° W new satellite parked Niles 201 Eutelsat Nilesatem together with the creation of the position Nilebird.

Satellite Atlantic Bird 7 shall be based on the Astrium Eurostar E3000 platforms and optimized for the broadcast coverage area with 2 - Middle East, including the Gulf States and also North Africa and Northwest Africa.

To 44 transponders in Ku band may be attached to the Executive footprint covering the Middle East and North Africa for the transmission of programs by means of DTH (direct-to-home). The second volume will cover the north-west Africa, and reaches up to Guinejskému Gulf. In this area, can serve up to 12 transponders for Ku pásmových TV / R posting and rapid access to the Internet.

Satellite Atlantic Bird 7 is part of Eutelsat for 2008 to 2011.

Atlantic Bird 7 is in the order of the 18th satellite, which ordered the Eutelsat company Astrium. Satellites will track the orbital work more than 15 years.

Technical parameters of satellite Atlantic Bird 7:
Platform: Astrium Eurostar E3000
Width with solar panels: 33 m
Weight at start: 4.6 tonnes
Performance at the end of satellite life: 12 kW
Expected life of satellites: at least 15 years

the satellite will be coming more closer to our doorsteps.lets pray for long live to witness its coming.
bye.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by biggjoe(m): 4:29pm On May 14, 2009
Long time,  people  grin

Mr. Gem: Happy birthday!

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.