Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,096 members, 7,849,426 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:18 PM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (262528 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 11:50am On Jul 22, 2009
Buben:

Hi everyone. I may be travelling to Ghana by month end. I hope to buy Multi tv Mpep 4 receiver during my trip. Anyone interested should contact me through my mail so i can know how many to buy while coming. Though that depends if the receiver has FTA features like blind scan etc

@Buben,
If the multi TV mpeg4 receivers have blind scan and can be used for other fta stations then
I think I'm interested. They should also be patchable.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ketigoi: 11:57am On Jul 22, 2009
@ olason,
I had a similar problem with my Diseq switch sometimes back,i had to buy another Diseq to which it didn't work and by then i was using ASTROVOX 2600. i latter changed my reciever to STRONG 4653 X(despite being fake) and to my surprise the the Diseq did work,i am currently using ASTROVOX 290 and have not encountered the problem.The STRONG does not open the ETV . It could be your reciever!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 11:59am On Jul 22, 2009
@All, in your quest 4 HD receiver try and acquire d one with DVB-S2(HD) MPEG4.Not all r HD(DVB S1) but MPEG4.PEACE
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by solo1ng1: 12:37pm On Jul 22, 2009
Hello All,

Am new in this forum. i am really amazed with the intellectual quality that NL is putting together for the benefit of the common men like us.
Please I have a HITV decoder and dish, is it possible to get FTA channels with the decoder? How?
I will be appreciative of a quick response.
Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by solo1ng1: 12:57pm On Jul 22, 2009
I amazed with the intellectual quality that NL is putting together for the benefit of the common men like us.
Please I have a HITV decoder and dish, is it possible to get FTA channels with the decoder? How?
Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Kungu(m): 2:06pm On Jul 22, 2009
Good afternoon all.

Hi my Name is Kungu from Kenya and would like to share my exprience on Mpeg 4 Receivers.
At the moment i have Echolink EL 7020 HD, Humax hdci2000, Dreambox 800 HD and strong Str4910 HD
For Mpeg 4 reception the best receiver is  Strong Srt 4910 HD receiver which comes with Blind scan Plus a sensitive turner card for fringe satellite receptions like Nilesat. IT is also patchable and comes with extra goodies
The price goes for about 207$ in Dubai.
One thing to note with satellites channels that most of the are moving from Dvb-s technology [DVB-S is the original Digital Video Broadcasting forward error coding and modulation standard for satellite television and dates from 1994, in its first release, while development lasted from 1993, to 1997. The first application was commercially available in France via Canal+, enabling digitally broadcast, satellite-delivered television to the public. } To Dvb s2 technology { Digital Video Broadcasting - Satellite - Second Generation (DVB-S2) is an enhanced specification to replace the DVB-S standard, developed in 2003 and ratified by ETSI (EN 302307) in March 2005. The development of DVB-S2 coincided with the introduction of HDTV and H.264 (MPEG-4 AVC) video codecs.
The system allows transmission of one or more MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 audio–video streams, using QPSK or 8PSK or 16/32APSK (amplitude and phase shift keying) modulation with concatenated encoding,  }
So when looking for a mpeg 4 receiver make sure it is also Dvb-s2 or you will be missing a lot of new  channels which are on trial at the Moment eg on Intelsat 902 C band the are 18 Channels from South Africa under Dvb s2 and 2 from Kenya

Have a blessed afternoon
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ayol: 2:36pm On Jul 22, 2009
@George_D
@iwes

Thank you both for the information.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Buben(m): 2:59pm On Jul 22, 2009
@George_D

I will take my time to find out that the receiver has all the necessary features of FTA and most especially patchable. I will keep you all posted as soon as i get there.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Buben(m): 3:00pm On Jul 22, 2009
@emeystan,

check your mail to see my contact details
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Gangsta101(m): 3:03pm On Jul 22, 2009
Nash FTA,

Thanks for the info on skylogic. i did look up the tooway internet system from eutelsat, and it does seem promising. But i was actually hoping to hook up to nilesat or Hotbird, any satellite that is not meant for the Sub-Saharan African sub region. My reasoning is this, Most cybercafes in Nigeria have their dish (70 - 90cm sizes) pointing to the eutelsat w3a position, and these usually have very poor download speeds, the best i have seen is about 28kbps. and they do pay a premium price for this connection. Now i have a friend that just moved to the US, she doesn't bother downloading movies anymore as she can watch them online with minimal buffering times, and the only time she bothered to download anything, she noticed actual download speeds of about 120kbps, and she uses a GPRS modem for about 30/35 USD per month. can you beat that?
so i believe we in subsaharan africa are being ripped off by all these providers, who just keep reselling bandwith until your connection can barely move anymore. so i am hoping that if i do get this internet satellite stuff going, i will get it via nilesat or hotbird, and who knows, maybe i just might get actual download speeds of up to 100kbps, if not the 3mbps they are actually advertising.
but please, anyone with better info should let me know.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by blexxonmak(m): 3:08pm On Jul 22, 2009
solo1ng1:

I amazed with the intellectual quality that NL is putting together for the benefit of the common men like us.
Thanks

@solo1ng1.You are welcome to our forum.Yes it is possible to get FTA channels with the decoder only that you have to manually input the parameters for each transponder, as the decoder does not have a blind scan which is one of the basic features of a top grade FTA receiver.You may also wish to know that you cannot patch the decoder as it is customized for HITV.The implication is that you cannot watch etv,sabc1,etc.So I advise you to go and pick strong 4663X so as to enjoy all the free benefits FTA has to offer.Cheers!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Blakstars(m): 3:14pm On Jul 22, 2009
@ all

Has any member of the house used an Mpeg 4 STRONG receiver?if yes does  is still have similar functions of the their Mpeg 2? Has it been patched, can the 6969 code work with?

Answers by members to the above questions will be very much appreciated. Thanks to u all for the wonderful contributions
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 3:17pm On Jul 22, 2009
JMS:

Hi guy, one of my favorite tv station Telereunion on AB3 went from mpg2 to mpeg4, so i wonder, what is the advange of HD? what is the quality of HD decoder with blind scan?
Please your feedback will be highly appreciated, thanks.
@Jms
Try 3727R-Sr 29950 on same bird
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by solo1ng1: 3:49pm On Jul 22, 2009
quote author=blexxonmak link=topic=242036.msg4230853#msg4230853 date=1248271689]
@solo1ng1.You are welcome to our forum.Yes it is possible to get FTA channels with the decoder only that you have to manually input the parameters for each transponder, as the decoder does not have a blind scan which is one of the basic features of a top grade FTA receiver.You may also wish to know that you cannot patch the decoder as it is customized for HITV.The implication is that you cannot watch etv,sabc1,etc.So I advise you to go and pick strong 4663X so as to enjoy all the free benefits FTA has to offer.Cheers!
[quote][/quote]

@blexxonmak.
Thanks. Please how can i go about with the manual for the FTA channels.
Please send me the procedure, i am really excited. And how much will it cost me to get a strong 4663X decoder?
Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ncpat(m): 4:23pm On Jul 22, 2009
hello house, what SIZE OF DISH DO I NEED TO TRACK Eurobird 1 at 28.5°E, THANKS
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by dodos(f): 5:03pm On Jul 22, 2009
Has any member of the house used an Mpeg 4 STRONG receiver?if yes does is still have similar functions of the their Mpeg 2? Has it been patched, can the 6969 code work with?

Answers by members to the above questions will be very much appreciated. Thanks to u all for the wonderful contributions

@ Blackstrs

I checked from the strong office and was told the Mpeg 4 decoders would be in August end. I was told the Mpeg 4 had similar functions to the Mpeg 2. It has also been patched for etv i.e is 6969 code works so dont worry.

Hope this is helpful
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by FMarshal2(m): 6:08pm On Jul 22, 2009
toxnaija: F-Marshall,
The columnist wrote a mild apology through his column.The newspaper's editors have apologised and asked me to file a complaint formally.The guy has called me to apologise.In fact,we are now friends.I have dropped all charges against him.Here is the apology link-  http://thenationonlineng.net/web/articles/10588/1/Searching-for-elders-with-conscience/Page1.html

I'm glad that he came to his senses!! smiley My question then is this, why? Why did he write the piece in the first place? Why didn't his Editor(s) question the integrity of his story before publishing it? What or who gave him the idea to write such a reckless slander? angry Anyway, that should be a lesson for him. undecided
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by uchesnna: 6:16pm On Jul 22, 2009
I greet all my people .

how u de geroge fine. pls i want to know , like someone get me this satelite card , but i dont know if it will work. but can i use any satelite card for MUITI TV NETWORK .

TELL BEFORE I GO BUY THIS THING BRO.

LOVE

UCHENNA
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Blakstars(m): 6:33pm On Jul 22, 2009
@dodos

Thanks for the info on the Mpeg4 STRONG decoder. am very grateful

@uchesnna
Pls you do not need a smart card in other to watch Multi TV. All you need is an Mpeg 4 receiver. save your doe 4 the receiver instead. Beware of crooks who might try to swindle you by selling a non existent MultiTv"SMART CARD" to you. Cheers
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by mickyhans(m): 7:37pm On Jul 22, 2009
Hello Members,
In my search for a patchable Mpeg 4/HD receiver i stumble on this MVision HD200.
Guys check it out.

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by skylolo112(m): 8:41pm On Jul 22, 2009
@all
MVision HD200 is not what we are looking for
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by BUTONEDAY(m): 8:59pm On Jul 22, 2009
All,
I can see that MPEG 4 or HD receivers is the order of the day. My advice to all is that you should try to reduce the number of MPEG 2 receivers you have, because time will come when you will not enjoy them as such. Just take the case of CD that was superceded by DVD. We now have MPEG 3 and MPEG 4. Blue ray is now out though still new in the market. Who knows what will come next.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Gangsta101(m): 9:54pm On Jul 22, 2009
Moderator,

Please why are my posts being edited out of Nairaland?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:26pm On Jul 22, 2009
@uchesnna,
Follow blackstars' advice. You don't need a smart card for multi tv. All you
need is an MPEG 4 receiver.

@BUTONEDAY,
I got bad news from my electronics repairer today. My starsat and diseqc
positioner are both toast. He said the thunder blasted them so hard that
they cannot be repaired. Now I must replace them with new ones. Maybe
I'll go for an Echolink this time around.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by BUTONEDAY(m): 6:12am On Jul 23, 2009
@George_D,
I am very sorry for the financial loss you have experienced due to that thunder strike. Can you try another electrician?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by solo1ng1: 6:54am On Jul 23, 2009
Gangsta101:

Moderator,

Please why are my posts being edited out of Nairaland?

@Gangstar101,
Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by solo1ng1: 7:16am On Jul 23, 2009
Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by niddle9(m): 8:06am On Jul 23, 2009
@George_D
Sir, You gona have to leave the diSeq out and cross check the decoder.
N.B
there are two way lightening ,. Either it stuck the power or Main Board program IC! So i hope its power.
There's only one way to figure it out. Which is by testing both power and the main board. And it could be done if only you have same model of that decoder. By interchanging the faulty one with working one.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Kungu(m): 8:27am On Jul 23, 2009
Blakstars:

@ all

Has any member of the house used an Mpeg 4 STRONG receiver?if yes does  is still have similar functions of the their Mpeg 2? Has it been patched, can the 6969 code work with?

Good morning Blackstars,

Am kungu from Kenya and i have a strong Srt 4910 HD receiver. The receiver is patchable and also comes with blind scan and is Dvb-s2 ready for the migration of satellites channels from the Dvb-s technology.
I got the receiver in Dubai for 207 $
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by ketigoi: 9:20am On Jul 23, 2009
Hi 2 all,
i beg to be enlightened about this MPEG 4 receivers,in Kenya we used to receive NTV @ intelsat 902 but it disappeared early this year and upon inquiry i was told it had upgraded to MPEG 4. I could n't understand till one of the members here brought it up yesterday.How much does it cost(in $)
Cheers
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinstaiye(m): 9:39am On Jul 23, 2009
@Gangsta
I did not delete any o fyour post. Meanwhile, buzz me and i will explain certain things to you that i thot could be the cause of it.

@all
All this search for MPEG4 receivers should not arise at all. We know our sources where we can get patches for our receivers and once there is adequate coverage for any of the HD Receivers from those sources, then such HD receivers is good for us.

@George_D
My sympathy! I knew it will come to that, that means i should not bother trying to repair my Echostar too.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by dodos(f): 9:42am On Jul 23, 2009
@ Blackstars

Dont mention i think we shd meet one of these days. Have already met sathob and salamander

Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.