Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,293 members, 7,860,705 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:40 PM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (263024 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 10:01am On Jul 23, 2009
George D, bros tanks. d diseq switch that was giving me headache was supermax. tryed pausis same thing. would try eurospace today if after dis would change my ku lnb from strong 2 premium laser Lnb, and If d problem persist would probably get a new 4663x srt. I won't giv up until I get it rite! Ketigol, tanks am grateful.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by emexi: 10:03am On Jul 23, 2009
@blexxonmak,  since youre  in  lagos.  buzz me  on  08066684380/08077138334

cheers
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olason(m): 10:13am On Jul 23, 2009
All, My Sabc 1-3, etv suddenly went scrambled last nite or is it my decoder misbehaving? Pre- season matches is current on this stations. jsc sport, sabc, capital tv. With fta beyound d sky is our limit. Shalom
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by rascom2: 10:30am On Jul 23, 2009
Good day to all members, im new in the forum and i some questions to ask.
1. Ku band and c band which is better?
2. the satellites NSS, EUTELSAT, ASTRA, HOTBIRD, SIRIUS etc their location, is it base on the satellite dish u bought or their latitude?
3. the signal strenght of the satellite, is it base on the decoder u bought or how do determine it?
4. where exactly can one buy all the satellite dish equipment at Alaba market, the exact shops in order not to buy fake.

Also, the UPS stuff im really interested in the details, can any members enlighten me on it, with graphical illustration of the connection i.e ups, atx power supply, meter and car battery. please, i will be more happy if any member can help me with all these questions. Thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by rockstar99: 10:40am On Jul 23, 2009
Good day all,

I have been following the thread for about a year and have decided to add FTA to my current sat pay TV. I work Long hours and with the peculiarities of the Lag traffic just have Sunday to enjoy the sat services; thus I is painfull coughing up the 9 k every month. I will solicit your patience as I may ask some questions that may irritate some of you though as much as possible I will search the old threads first.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by rockstar99: 10:51am On Jul 23, 2009
@ moderator - twinstaiye

I am a bit confussed do I wait for the MPeg 4 decoders or go ahead with the Strong 4663. Is it upgradable to MPEG 4 ? You talked abt HD receivers do they recive Mpeg 4 signals. Thanks in anticapation
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 12:19pm On Jul 23, 2009
rockstar99:

Good day all,

I have been following the thread for about a year and have decided to add FTA to my current sat pay TV. I work Long hours and with the peculiarities of the Lag traffic just have Sunday to enjoy the sat services; thus I is painfull coughing up the 9 k every month. I will solicit your patience as I may ask some questions that may irritate some of you though as much as possible I will search the old threads first.

@rockstar 99,

there are many satellites available for ur viewing.u have nilesat,ewtelsat w3a,sirius,astra,etc depending on the dish size u have makes u enjoy

them better .if u are really ready for your set up of fta,all u need to do is to consult people like olofofo or ekonibaje in lagos area.they know where

to get u the original equipments u need.all the info u need to enjoy the fta goodies can also be gotten from them.enjoy your stay on the forum.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 12:47pm On Jul 23, 2009
rockstar99:

@ moderator - twinstaiye

I am a bit confussed do I wait for the MPeg 4 decoders or go ahead with the Strong 4663. Is it upgradable to MPEG 4 ? You talked abt HD receivers do they recive Mpeg 4 signals. Thanks in anticapation
Satellite receivers are mini-computers, which can be programmed also, to achieve certain results. But as the computer has limitations based on hardware same applies to receivers.  High Definition (HD) capability is hardware dependent and not software. Also you can not upgrade a Standard Definition (SD) like Strong SRT4663x receiver to become HD.  What is possible is an upgrade of software to open encrypted channels - depending on the package, also a card reader can be programmed to become multicrypt. e.g. the card reader for Strong SRT4663 is Conax which is supposed to read only conax cards but with patch it can read more cards like irdeto, nagravision(nagra) etc. Previously cams were used with CAM slots so you purchase cams for all the encryption types so if you want to use an irdeto card you use an irdeto cam where you slot in the card - card goes into cam e.g Diablo, Irdeto, Conax Cams etc.  Also with innovation CAMs that can be programmed where manufactured and with the reprogrammed cam you can view some encrypted programs and input/edit keys
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by JMS(m): 2:57pm On Jul 23, 2009
microgiant:

Satellite receivers are mini-computers, which can be programmed also, to achieve certain results. But as the computer has limitations based on hardware same applies to receivers. High Definition (HD) capability is hardware dependent and not software. Also you can not upgrade a Standard Definition (SD) like Strong SRT4663x receiver to become HD. What is possible is an upgrade of software to open encrypted channels - depending on the package, also a card reader can be programmed to become multicrypt. e.g. the card reader for Strong SRT4663 is Conax which is supposed to read only conax cards but with patch it can read more cards like irdeto, nagravision(nagra) etc. Previously cams were used with CAM slots so you purchase cams for all the encryption types so if you want to use an irdeto card you use an irdeto cam where you slot in the card - card goes into cam e.g Diablo, Irdeto, Conax Cams etc. Also with innovation CAMs that can be programmed where manufactured and with the reprogrammed cam you can view some encrypted programs and input/edit keys

Dear Microbiant thanks a lot for your details, i was about to purchage Strong 4663x pvr but i am sorry to hear that 4663x decoder can only open Conax but not other encryption, so here in Brazzaville the main package is the french one Canalsat that works with viaccess and i don't know yet how to upgrade a decoder, i hope to get help from family members George_D, Pito & others; is 4663X C ku decoder? NEED YOUR FEEDBACK PLEASE.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 3:50pm On Jul 23, 2009
@ All i think it is better for we to wait for strong to launch in HD receivers in africa market,maybe it gonna be 4673x or maybe something else so lets hope for cheaper,patchable and blind scan receiver from strong cos all this strong HD receivers been mentioned in this forum re not for africa market that why they re very expensive. @ Bubben Is it not better to ask our members in Ghana to investigate the receiver and if it has what it takes then u may go ahead. Blackstar and others we re waiting for ur report. @ Olofofo confirm our discussion on mpe4 receiver and get back to me asap,notify me of the price.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 3:50pm On Jul 23, 2009
Edited
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 3:52pm On Jul 23, 2009
@JMS

Please don't misunderstand me, I think all Strong SRT 4663x is patched before selling.  Kindly verify from the dealer. I've seen it being used with DSTV Cards, which is irdeto2 encryption
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by solo1ng1: 4:28pm On Jul 23, 2009
microgiant:

Satellite receivers are mini-computers, which can be programmed also, to achieve certain results. But as the computer has limitations based on hardware same applies to receivers. High Definition (HD) capability is hardware dependent and not software. Also you can not upgrade a Standard Definition (SD) like Strong SRT4663x receiver to become HD. What is possible is an upgrade of software to open encrypted channels - depending on the package, also a card reader can be programmed to become multicrypt. e.g. the card reader for Strong SRT4663 is Conax which is supposed to read only conax cards but with patch it can read more cards like irdeto, nagravision(nagra) etc. Previously cams were used with CAM slots so you purchase cams for all the encryption types so if you want to use an irdeto card you use an irdeto cam where you slot in the card - card goes into cam e.g Diablo, Irdeto, Conax Cams etc. Also with innovation CAMs that can be programmed where manufactured and with the reprogrammed cam you can view some encrypted programs and input/edit keys

@MICROGIANT,
SOMEONE SHOULD HELP ME!!!!!!
Please I have a HITV decoder and dish, is it possible to get FTA channels with the decoder? How?
I will be appreciative of a quick response.
Thanks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 4:31pm On Jul 23, 2009
microgiant:

@JMS

Please don't misunderstand me, I think all Strong SRT 4663x is patched before selling.  Kindly verify from the dealer. I've seen it being used with DSTV Cards, which is irdeto2 encryption

@ jms,

to butress microgiant's point;note that strong 4663x series do not only open conax encryption system.it opens irdeto,nagravision,seca,viaccess.these four other systems i am very sure of.the receiver has been patched to open these systems.but it can't be upgraded to mpeg 4
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 4:36pm On Jul 23, 2009
solo1ng1:

@MICROGIANT,
SOMEONE SHOULD HELP ME!!!!!!
Please I have a HITV decoder and dish, is it possible to get FTA channels with the decoder? How?
I will be appreciative of a quick response.
Thanks

@solo1ng1,

i think some one have responded to u about this before?

but to make things easier for u .just try to get a strong 4663x receiver if really u want to enjoy free to air channels.with this eceiver u can change and modify anything to ur taste.u can also use so many features that the hitv receiver would not permit u to use.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by rich8: 4:44pm On Jul 23, 2009
pls jms cod u espran to me what is cam lik u mention it in u post today richkoo@rocketmail.com plssss,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by rich8: 4:49pm On Jul 23, 2009
hi jms pls espran to me what cam is pls richkoo@rocketmail.com,
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 4:51pm On Jul 23, 2009
@DEJSAM!!!,I HOPE U R NOT TAKING ME 4GRANTED.PLS REBACK AND ANSWER MY QUESTION,THE HOUSE ARE ALL HEARS.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by solo1ng1: 4:52pm On Jul 23, 2009
Dejsam:

@solo1ng1,

i think some one have responded to u about this before?

but to make things easier for u .just try to get a strong 4663x receiver if really u want to enjoy free to air channels.with this eceiver u can change and modify anything to ur taste.u can also use so many features that the hitv receiver would not permit u to use.

@Dejsam,
Thank man.
Please will the HITV dish work with the strong decoder? How much does the strong decoder cost and where can i buy one.
thanks for yoour help.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by iwes(m): 5:05pm On Jul 23, 2009
Good afternoon all.

Hi my Name is Kungu from Kenya and would like to share my exprience on Mpeg 4 Receivers.
At the moment i have Echolink EL 7020 HD, Humax hdci2000, Dreambox 800 HD and strong Str4910 HD
For Mpeg 4 reception the best receiver is  Strong Srt 4910 HD receiver which comes with Blind scan Plus a sensitive turner card for fringe satellite receptions like Nilesat. IT is also patchable and comes with extra goodies
The price goes for about 207$ in Dubai.
One thing to note with satellites channels that most of the are moving from Dvb-s technology [DVB-S is the original Digital Video Broadcasting forward error coding and modulation standard for satellite television and dates from 1994, in its first release, while development lasted from 1993, to 1997. The first application was commercially available in France via Canal+, enabling digitally broadcast, satellite-delivered television to the public. } To Dvb s2 technology { Digital Video Broadcasting - Satellite - Second Generation (DVB-S2) is an enhanced specification to replace the DVB-S standard, developed in 2003 and ratified by ETSI (EN 302307) in March 2005. The development of DVB-S2 coincided with the introduction of HDTV and H.264 (MPEG-4 AVC) video codecs.
The system allows transmission of one or more MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 audio–video streams, using QPSK or 8PSK or 16/32APSK (amplitude and phase shift keying) modulation with concatenated encoding,  }
So when looking for a mpeg 4 receiver make sure it is also Dvb-s2 or you will be missing a lot of new  channels which are on trial at the Moment eg on Intelsat 902 C band the are 18 Channels from South Africa under Dvb s2 and 2 from Kenya

Have a blessed afternoon
/quote].

@Kungu

Thanks for the info. Please can you give me the list of channels (Dvb s2) , their frequency, and symbol rating on Intelsat 902 C -band. I checked Tracksat ,flysat and Lyngsat, but this information is not there
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 5:11pm On Jul 23, 2009
pito,about d daar customise issue,disenable auto soft update by-press menu-sys setting-ota upgrade-do not upgrade.peace
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 5:13pm On Jul 23, 2009
adewest:

@DEJSAM!!!,I HOPE U R NOT TAKING ME 4GRANTED.PLS REBACK  AND ANSWER MY QUESTION,THE HOUSE ARE ALL HEARS.

@adewest,

bros,i will have to get back to the house that we originally fixed the dish to get all these details.thats if it will be possible cos u know i cannot go into

an alhaji's house just like that .i just went with the person who originally did the installation that day as an opportunity to see what a big dish could

get from far beams. it wasent that i have the dish installed in my house.the receiver we used to even track wasen't mine so all those information

cannot be accessable easily.but i am 100% sure that all the channels i told u about came out.infact i wished i could get those datails back more

desperately than urself
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 5:39pm On Jul 23, 2009
@ adewest that should be for people who re yet to download the on air upgrade. My problem is how to downgrade it back cos even factory reset ll not help. The receiver now boot with daarsat logo. Thanks for ur care.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by JMS(m): 5:47pm On Jul 23, 2009
@ all thanks for your kick feedback concerning 4663x, i was wondering because its promo picture does not mention viaccess, irdeto, only conax even blindscan was not specified; since you confirm all that, i trust you and i will buy it as soon as it will be on the market here or make a special request to Nigeria through my Nigerians friends here. God bless this Africa baobag (forum) & all its most active members, Geoge_D, Olofofo, Pito, Kungu, thxxx!!!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 5:49pm On Jul 23, 2009
@ all,

this mpeg 4 issue is becoming something else now o.ART too are also going mpeg4 see this:

http://www.sat-mac.net/showthread.php?p=109588#post109588

i hope strong will do something quick about bringing mpeg 4 receivers to the african market
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 5:56pm On Jul 23, 2009
@ DEJ, all am intrested on is dat TP on HOTBIRD-FREQ:11727V-27500.Same tp not strong here in north but ok in SOUTH with
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Dejsam(m): 6:03pm On Jul 23, 2009
adewest:

@ DEJ, all am intrested on is dat TP on HOTBIRD-FREQ:11727V-27500.Same tp not strong here in north but ok in SOUTH with

@adewest,

well i woun't dispute that cos i have never tracked a setellite in the south b4 so i will not know which is stronger in the south and which is weaker.if i have the opportunity to get the details i will let every one know.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 6:13pm On Jul 23, 2009
DEJ-can't hit green with 2.4m in d North but hit green in d South with least 2.4m dish.So hint me if u could stil rember
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by toxnaija: 6:29pm On Jul 23, 2009
all,
can mpeg4 HD receivers open mpeg 2 SD signals?
I tried the Channels feed Enigma sent but I couldnt hit green.the same with the new frequencies I listed last week.Is RTB still on Intel 905 C-band.It has been off my receiver for some months.
Where is Enitan and the other gurus who have been in hibernation.

George-D,
I am very sad to hear about the damage.Pls accept my sympathy.

Adewest,
I will find time to gist with you.I have been very busy.Pls bear with me.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 6:39pm On Jul 23, 2009
@PITO,nothing spoil o.@DEJSAM, Okare 4ur respond but Alh will not refuse u in 4update assistant.Don't mind me o.PEACE
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by adewest(m): 6:51pm On Jul 23, 2009
@ALL,MULTIL-TV DECODER DO NOT OPERATE ON BLIND SCAN.THEIR TXN IS STIL ON TEST BUT WILL BECOME FUTURE PAY-TV FM GHANA.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by niddle9(m): 7:20pm On Jul 23, 2009
@JMS,Solo1ng1
Guys it will do you good following this link trust me
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-152871.0.html
@All
I dey hail oo

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.