Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,120 members, 7,814,932 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Fitness 101 - Health (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Fitness 101 (50221 Views)

GLAUCOMA 101 - QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS / 101 Die From Lassa Fever In Nigeria / Fitness Without Bars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fitness 101 by opella(f): 8:48pm On Aug 04, 2015
Kimoni:

I guess you gain easily and lose easily, that's the way I am too. Maintaining the weight has come natural to me though - I can't eat when it's late anymore; unconsciously, I torchlight every food I take looking for excess oil, starch content etc. And when I miss my exercises for a few days, I just tend to start feeling funny. In short, all these checks have come natural to me and it's been helping me a lot.

Thanks dear, yes I lose weight easily and gain back easily too.

I try to watch what I eat and I know am trying but bread is my weak point, I don't know if I can stay for 2 days without eating bread.
Re: Fitness 101 by damiso(f): 8:50pm On Aug 04, 2015
Day 6 level 2 done plus about 30 mins of dancing to naija jams grin in my room cheesy don't roll your eyes.i was just in the dancing /singing mood and I am sure i burnt over 150 calories.

my daughter had to ask 'mummy why are you dancing so much today cheesy '

Thank God for Life and health.Na healthy person go even fit remember to work out.

2 Likes

Re: Fitness 101 by damiso(f): 8:54pm On Aug 04, 2015
opella:

I try to watch what I eat and I know am trying but bread is my weak point, I don't know if I can stay for 2 days without eating bread.

You can if me and naijababe can grin

you definitely can.maybe switch to brown (whole wheat or whole grain )and if you eat 2/3 slices reduce it to 1 with time you will wean yourself off it. If you can get pitta bread you can also switch to the brown (whole meal )version.

Portion control is one of the most important things to get right in maintaining.
Re: Fitness 101 by opella(f): 9:12pm On Aug 04, 2015
damiso:

You can if me and naijababe can grin

you definitely can.maybe switch to brown (whole wheat or whole grain )and if you eat 2/3 slices reduce it to 1 with time you will wean yourself off it. If you can get pitta bread you can also switch to the brown (whole meal )version.

Portion control is one of the most important things to get right in maintaining.

Thanks dear, I will keep trying till I conquer the addiction
Re: Fitness 101 by sayoberry(f): 10:23pm On Aug 04, 2015
Kimoni:

Madam, you are on day what today naa wink
Day zero. I've not found anything for a lazy person like me yet
Re: Fitness 101 by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 05, 2015
I am feeling so lazy, I am on holiday and can't bring myself to do any thing. Sisters, make una begin pray for me nau cry
Re: Fitness 101 by Kimoni: 9:49pm On Aug 05, 2015
naijababe:
I am feeling so lazy, I am on holiday and can't bring myself to do any thing. Sisters, make una begin pray for me nau cry

Pls tell opella to lay hands on you...the babe is on fire
Re: Fitness 101 by bukatyne(f): 10:18pm On Aug 05, 2015
Hello everyone

My coy registered us in a gym a walking distance from the office

Worked on the mill yesterday and lost about 150 Cal

Did 1 hr Zumba dance classes today embarassed cool

On the track o!
Re: Fitness 101 by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 05, 2015
Kimoni:

Sister Opella, you attention is needed here. The spirit of laziness needs to be cast out asap

@bukatyne, well done. I was beginning to wonder why we nor dey see your break light again
Re: Fitness 101 by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 05, 2015
naijababe:

Sister Opella, you attention is needed here. The spirit of laziness needs to be cast out asap

@bukatyne, well done. I was beginning to wonder why we nor dey see your break light again
hi. this should help. lemme know if it did smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxEuuniHJnk
Re: Fitness 101 by bukatyne(f): 11:23pm On Aug 05, 2015
naijababe:

Thanks cheesy
Re: Fitness 101 by Ppmoma: 11:39pm On Aug 05, 2015
Ds holiday tyn has made me lose focus small. Traveled with the kids to my parent's and bin kinda eating unhealthy but smhow, my brain keeps telling me that I can't just throw DT my dream of lepacious body /healthy lifestyle away. So, I am here to report myself. Did day 4 of Jillian's level 2 today with some abs workout. I hope to get back on track fully my next week,shud be back home dn.

1 Like

Re: Fitness 101 by Kimoni: 12:35am On Aug 06, 2015
Ppmoma:
Ds holiday tyn has made me lose focus small. Traveled with the kids to my parent's and bin kinda eating unhealthy but smhow, my brain keeps telling me that I can't just throw DT my dream of lepacious body /healthy lifestyle away. So, I am here to report myself. Did day 4 of Jillian's level 2 today with some abs workout. I hope to get back on track fully my next week,shud be back home dn.

I was wondering where you were. Welcome back smiley
Re: Fitness 101 by opella(f): 7:52am On Aug 06, 2015
Kimoni:

naijababe:

Lol, I don't think I have the authority to cast out spirit of laziness grin cos since yesterday I haven't exercised, though I have been so busy.

My dear, resting is allowed so far as we eat clean.
Re: Fitness 101 by damiso(f): 2:35pm On Aug 06, 2015
cheesy cheesy embarassedspirit of laziness indeed

wanted to do JM this morning but by the time I woke up after pressing my snooze button I realised no time esp with tube strike. I sha quickly did 50 weighted squats, 4x reps of 40 secs plank jacks and 20 press ups.

Will try to get some more exercise in after work, fancy some outdoor activity so maybe I will go for a run/jog later in the evening.

I don't know how I will cope with the darker nights in the winter cos I prefer outdoor running/jogging to running on the treadmill. but I cant let some psycho stalk me on this crazy London streets and parks.
Re: Fitness 101 by damiso(f): 6:13pm On Aug 06, 2015
Oya let's encourage each other and bind laziness spirit.

4 Likes

Re: Fitness 101 by Kimoni: 8:36pm On Aug 06, 2015
Very encouraging Damiso, thanks...been feeling guilty of late
Re: Fitness 101 by Chillis: 8:36pm On Aug 06, 2015
Buhahahha
Kimoni is now the class captain.
There is nothing impossible .
cheesy

See kimoni controling traffic oh.

if kimoni can do it, so can anybody .

Kudos
Re: Fitness 101 by Kimoni: 8:39pm On Aug 06, 2015
Chillis:
Buhahahha
Kimoni is now the class captain.
There is nothing impossible .
cheesy

See kimoni controling traffic oh.

if kimoni can do it, so can anybody .

Kudos

Hahahahahahahahahahhaha

Chilli, fear God o
Re: Fitness 101 by Chillis: 8:41pm On Aug 06, 2015
Kimoni:

Hahahahahahahahahahhaha

Chilli, fear God o

My dear, you surprise me.
You we have to beg to leave your shiken and ships .
The great step is here. Exercising . By the time you start counting your calories , you won't have everyday for your shiken and ships again.
I'm proud of you kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fitness 101 by Kimoni: 8:54pm On Aug 06, 2015
Chillis:

My dear, you surprise me.
You we have to beg to leave your shiken and ships .
The great step is here. Exercising . By the time you start counting your calories , you won't have everyday for your shiken and ships again.
I'm proud of you kiss

Lol...thanks babe smiley kiss

1 Like

Re: Fitness 101 by opella(f): 8:15am On Aug 07, 2015
Day 17 done. Where are my fitness pals Kimoni, naijababe, damiso? we can do this.

Re: Fitness 101 by damiso(f): 12:01pm On Aug 07, 2015
opella:
Day 17 done. Where are my fitness pals Kimoni, naijababe, damiso? we can do this.

I kuku worked out yesterday did 6.7 miles jog run In the evening so don't worry we are still on track. Will do JM later today.
Re: Fitness 101 by Ppmoma: 4:39pm On Aug 07, 2015
Kimoni:

I was wondering where you were. Welcome back smiley
Thanks dear. I just keep shaking head for myself ...I will get back on track sha
Re: Fitness 101 by zemaye: 5:02pm On Aug 07, 2015
Chillis
Kimoni
Naijababe
Edwife
Sayoberry
Damiso
Bukatyne
And others too numerous to mention
I yaf arrife o
Yes.
As Chillis talk when you workout you no go know when you dey reverse for mirror daily to check yourself out.
I don finish my fast na bumpa to bumpa now with the fitfam movement.
Make una see my denim we just begin enter
The black pant is my old pair that has refuse to seat on my waist anymore

1 Like

Re: Fitness 101 by edwife(f): 5:11pm On Aug 07, 2015
@zemaye well done girl!

You have done it,i always tell people to avoid the scale-rather mind your dress size. cheesy

It feels good innit?now you gonna work hard on keeping it this way. kiss
Re: Fitness 101 by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 07, 2015
Omo see me see sontin o................na my market wey I dey sell dey cause me all kinds of kasala o Issorai, my holidays finish in a week
Re: Fitness 101 by Chillis: 9:46pm On Aug 07, 2015
zemaye:
Chillis
Kimoni
Naijababe
Edwife
Sayoberry
Damiso
Bukatyne
And others too numerous to mention
I yaf arrife o
Yes.
As Chillis talk when you workout you no go know when you dey reverse for mirror daily to check yourself out.
I don finish my fast na bumpa to bumpa now with the fitfam movement.
Make una see my denim we just begin enter
The black pant is my old pair that has refuse to seat on my waist anymore

Your fasting helped you. Now it time to tone up the muscle.
Allez, on y va!
Re: Fitness 101 by EfemenaXY: 5:04am On Aug 08, 2015
queen47:

Hahaha....i still be learner ooo.

Wetin we go call the likes efemenaxy and that other lady....e be like her monika na babe2( some thing like that).

grin grin grin

A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Queen oh! I stepped on the scale 3 days ago and guess what? My reading was 69.99kg!!!

And a day later, it came further down to 69.0kg!! ***Dancing Azonto here*** cheesy cheesy

But I know what's caused it sha ....STRESS!

So much stress from work to meet deadlines and hand in deliverables. Been doing very early morning starts, finishing late nights and not getting more than a couple of hours sleep. But you know what, the more stress I got, the more I exercised like crazy. I mean I had to. The environment I work in, it's not uncommon for people to turn to cocaine or commit suicides. So my own stress relief na to hit the streets and work it all out.

I never for once missed my 30 mins lower-abs workout / sit-ups and 30 mins run every morning. Still do my 30-45 min swim class and 1 hr run on Saturdays too.

Breakfast has been nothing other than a squeezed lime and lemon in a very large glass of warm (almost hot water), 4 or 5 cherry tomatoes, and sometimes, a couple of cucumber slices. Lunch at work has religiously been cold salads. All greens available - lettuce, cucumbers, broccoli, shredded carrots, sweet corn, grilled chicken pieces, mackerel, chick peas, green peas, and half a spoon of pasta - if space still remain to add am. Oh, and a teaspoon of olive oil. Then two bananas for tea and a litre of water for the whole afternoon. We've even got a scheme going: buy 4 get the 5th one free. Got my fifth free 1ltr bottle of Evian water today. smiley

More fruits in the evenings and anything else - but definitely no rice / yams / poundo, etc anymore. smiley smiley

69.0 kg...Yayyy!!

CC: Chillis / Chilisauce, I don enter the 60's group oh! smiley
Re: Fitness 101 by EfemenaXY: 5:16am On Aug 08, 2015
damiso:
I have lost count o.. I think Saturday was my Day 21 and day 5 of Level 2 not too sure.I also did a 5k jog/run in the morning

Yesterday was ....... :-XI on the food and exercise front.

I sha did 50 weighted squats with my 2.5kg dumbbells and 3 sets of 40 secs planks in the evening( make I no lie it was all the guilt of cake, jollof rice and malt I ate) but no energy to do JM.

I lost 4kg in July ( 82kg to 78kg) my target is 71kg( which is the healthy BMI for my height) so I am hoping to do better in August.then I want to body sculpt and maintain after that.

Food has to be super clean so help me God( all this holidays,owambes,bbqs,birthday etc are not helping sha) but I am trying to be super disciplined this month. I am in this group where people are using calculator, measuring cups,calculating the calories in even veg portions( although I agree that fruits are a tricky one due to the amount if sugar trying to limit to or 2 a day ) I nefa discipline reash that level o . haa make person no come dey worship this body and vbecome OCD. I am getting scared because I tend to become OCD about certain stuff. My daughter has started telling everyone ' that's unhealthy and will make you fat ' and I know say na me.

Naijababe oya come should we should mix up the 30 abi is it 90 day shred with some Azonto?

You are so disciplined oh! grin grin

I now feel even more motivated than before sef. But you know what, once you've come a very long way, you'll never ever want to go back to where you were when you first started on your healthy living / weight loss journey. For me to have come down from 92kg to 69 kg nor be beans. I'll never forget how I used to huff-and-puff just to bend down to buckle or unbuckle my shoes while sitting. angry angry angry

I was even beginning to have joint aches. Imagine getting completely out of breath from climbing a few flight of stairs with just a handful of shopping? And to think I used to be a lepacious 55kg at the time I got married? Men, I soooooooooo totally let myself go. I cringe now when I think about all the 'poisonous' stuff I used to eat. Hmmmm....still surprised I never came down with type 2 diabetics / high cholesterol / high BP.

God is good sha.
Re: Fitness 101 by EfemenaXY: 5:25am On Aug 08, 2015
opella:

Lucky you.

When you get to my age, you'll find it's easier to add and difficult as hell to shed even half a pound. angry angry

I swear, even smelling certain foods make people like me pile on the weight. I'm sure of it. sad sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply)

The Reaction Of Alabukun And Lime.. / Sexually Active Nigerians Should Take HPV Vaccine- Expert Warns / Friday Osadolor Commits Suicide! Edo College Of Education Lecturer Hangs Himself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.