Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,359 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

My Wife Shows No Affection - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Shows No Affection (44933 Views)

Father Bathes His New Born Baby: "My Wife Needs Rest" (Photos) / "I Caught My Wife & Driver Making Love In My House" - Lagos Businessman / My Husband Denies Me Sex And Affection...its Killing Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 05, 2015
Humans are just insatiable-if she shows too much love,you will complain she is too possessive.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by elijahooo(m): 10:25am On Jul 05, 2015
Wow you know what's bro try to finds out from her best friend what's she love and addmmired as a present from her loves one when she's dey do sisi. When u know try to buy it for her,I think when she see it she can possible remember ,this can only come froms some one who love her. Ps don't go out or hurt her Nelther for another women because it may be dangerius for ur,you have alread know her pro ,so ps don't become learner agian
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by stockmetrics: 10:26am On Jul 05, 2015
@Op: You didn't mention when all this started. How recent or how late?

I shall not comment about your wife's behaviour until she comes to NL to share her own version. (I wonder whether spouses get to read all these NL leaked secrets grin)

To you, I'll advise that you do some introspection. What DO YOU THINK is the cause of all this? You're the one living with her, not NLanders. I also don't think your wife is a novice - has two kids for you! Secondly, be calm. Just live your life. Don't withdraw totally from her and don't pester her too much. Some marriages go through this phase. Further, try to reach the depth of her heart by communicating more with her. Lastly, if all fails, reach out to God (well, this should be the first thing one would have expected of you. Hope Nairaland isn't your first call grin) and take directions on the way forward.

Best wishes. May the precious Lord guide you.
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 05, 2015
undecided undecided undecided sorry ma'am methuselah. Didn't know your topic is for grannies undecided
oochi123:
Jacksparrow re u sure u re ok? I knw u re a very small boy dats why u talk like dat.
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 05, 2015
Wow! Op sorry!
But wasn't she always like this before you married her?
If she wasn't and she's changed and become cold, then she's unhappy.
Talk to her, find out what's wrong. Be nice and gentle, maybe you should listen to her more.
Some women give up on a man who never listens. Some men do everything else but listen, Op maybe you're like that. #justsaying
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by totorimi: 10:27am On Jul 05, 2015
Check her messages and call logs, check her movements s when you not around, review her wallet and bags secretly ypu may find a clue. If ypit wife is not loving you then she is loving someone else. its as simple as that.
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by Revolva(m): 10:28am On Jul 05, 2015
grin typical naija women thats how they behave...only money lovers

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by SisterCaro(m): 10:28am On Jul 05, 2015
charlezok:
I am a 36 year old man in pretty good shape, 6'2" and good looking. I am a very affectionate and loving person, but my wife is not. I am always the one to initiate sex, hugs, kisses, or any type of physical contact. I don't understand why she's so cold to me. I love her with all my heart, but she is breaking me down. I have tried doing more of the housework, working out 5 days a week, anything I could think of to get her more interested in me but nothing works. She tells me that she loves me, but she doesn't make me feel loved at all. I want her to want to be with me without me asking her too. We have 2 kids that I am committed to being here for, so I am at a loss as to what I should do. Sorry for rambling, but a brother needs help here.
telling this to your wife instead of asking people who dont know her for help is a much better solution. Don't whine about it, just communicate it to her nicely and see if she will not change her.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by pBuhari(f): 10:28am On Jul 05, 2015
sorry , that is your own cross am with mine here
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by elosar(m): 10:29am On Jul 05, 2015
adeh39:
Well, I think the lady is the shy type..... some ladies are so shy that they can't even dress in front of their husby.

The man should talk to her about it, in a calm and reassuring way........... I think she will change.

which CHANGE,try it and u will ber fighting like NASS, my OP don't mind him ur wife just need POWER and TRANSFOMATION,
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by uprightman(m): 10:29am On Jul 05, 2015
charlezok:
I am a 36 year old man in pretty good shape, 6'2" and good looking. I am a very affectionate and loving person, but my wife is not. I am always the one to initiate sex, hugs, kisses, or any type of physical contact. I don't understand why she's so cold to me. I love her with all my heart, but she is breaking me down. I have tried doing more of the housework, working out 5 days a week, anything I could think of to get her more interested in me but nothing works. She tells me that she loves me, but she doesn't make me feel loved at all. I want her to want to be with me without me asking her too. We have 2 kids that I am committed to being here for, so I am at a loss as to what I should do. Sorry for rambling, but a brother needs help here.
i think were are in the same condition.in my case sex disturbance for her. she just lay down like log wood while making love. initiating sex style is ungodly only the old man on top. You have to live with it, am dealing with it for 7years now. Becos more years the affection decrease.
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by otusnorahs(f): 10:30am On Jul 05, 2015
Some women are like that sha, cold, frigid. Its nt cool n can b frustrating wen only d man is active. Maybe she's shy to initiate such moves, check her reaction if u initiate d moves, if her response is satisafactory den mayb its shyness. Bt I'd advice u to discuss ur sex life, yeah. Its very healthy to do that. Ask her what she likes n tel her what u like. My brother no b magic o, na God. Jst try n break tru her bt if it doesn't work, allow her. I wish u good luck.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by oochi123(f): 10:31am On Jul 05, 2015
Jacksparrow0712:
undecided undecided undecided sorry ma'am methuselah. Didn't know your topic is for grannies undecided
ko oshi lo joor.
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by sasquareT(m): 10:32am On Jul 05, 2015
germainediva:
The best way to get any woman to love you is to ignore her...........women get irritated with too much attenntion
Waooo thanks for the piece
Noted.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by SisterCaro(m): 10:32am On Jul 05, 2015
TheYoungRebel:
Mr., just live your live, do things without her, go out hang around, let her know that you can sail through without her. Make her realise that you are the king and live up to it. I assure you she will learn to love you more.
this is what happens when you take advice from people who can hardly keep a relationship. They will want you to be as misreable as they are instead of working things with someone you love. Beware of NL witches grin

1 Like

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 05, 2015
You don craze see abi? Olobe
oochi123:
ko oshi lo joor.
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 05, 2015
charlezok:

Op try this out....
Ignore her for at least 1month... act weird but don't extend this to the kids.. because telling her to become affectionate is like raising the white flag and begging for attention.. just try this out and you'll see how she will begin to want you more..

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 05, 2015
I believe there is someone or something else she's giving her attention to which makes her ignore you. SOLUTION please talk to her before its too late.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 05, 2015
SisterCaro:
this is what happens when you take advice from people who can hardly keep a relationship. They will want you to be as misreable as they are instead of working things with someone you love. Beware of NL witches grin
Hey, halt there. What's your point?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by dinachi(m): 10:37am On Jul 05, 2015
Your wife might be a lesbian. Watch her carefully. Many of them are very pretentious.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by ibukun147(m): 10:37am On Jul 05, 2015
Marriage is institution let her learn this from you...take her out on a surprise date and find a funny and romantic way to explain this to her...and try to be emotional when explaining this like a film actor...wish u the gud result after

1 Like

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by bettercreature(m): 10:39am On Jul 05, 2015
lawal28c:
U just av 2 increase u own romantic skills
Exactly! he didnt tell us if the lady do nag when he touches her,thats the most important..its very easy to enjoy ladies who are not romantic,only if she doesnt like sex that is the major problem
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by oochi123(f): 10:40am On Jul 05, 2015
Jacksparrow0712:
You don craze see abi? Olobe
na ur family craze. Baby wey no get brain. Sack ur own wen she no kiss u make u hia hw pple go flog madness comot for ur body. Were
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by SisterCaro(m): 10:40am On Jul 05, 2015
TheYoungRebel:

Hey, halt there. What's your point?
my point being you have never had a solid relationship hence you think its always wiser to throw something away instead of fixing it.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 05, 2015
Cc ishilove
oochi123:
na ur family craze. Baby wey no get brain. Sack ur own wen she no kiss u make u hia hw pple go flog madness comot for ur body. Were
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by sogbish(m): 10:45am On Jul 05, 2015
Your wife behavior is typical of an introvert.

An intimate discussion with her on the issues bothering you or the relationship is likely going to help.

I have had such experience before in my marriage. I tried it and it worked.

I pray it works for you too. Good luck!
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by coolsegun2002: 10:47am On Jul 05, 2015
Ur case is a sensitive one..my mum is marriage counsellor nd she's been at it for 20yrs....I read someof her file cases anytime I visit her.to be candid ur case is a bit common..like u said ...u love her..u might need to do more dan u av done...like prayer...
Why?? It couldbe spiritual ..I saw one of the file cases after diliverance...the lady happen to have spiritual husband nd kids..making her share only her body sexuallly with her physical husband but not her heart.she wasn't even allowed to concieve orhave kids in this physical world according to her confessions..
2)Out of desperation some ladies just marry a guy cos time is rolling by nd all their friends are gettin married...without genuine love...its quite clear wateva someone does will be out of reluctancy....I'm not saying ur wife's case is either of the two I stated oooo...its just dat u need to do more than u are doing now I to win her heart..

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 05, 2015
SisterCaro:
my point being you have never had a solid relationship hence you think its always wiser to throw something away instead of fixing it.
Don't get me wrong. I never said that the op should do anything that would jeopardize his relationship with his wife. And how sure of you if I had been in a relationship or not. You didn't give any reasonable suggestion to the thread being discussed instead you jumped in and started throwing tantrums at me.
You are very rude and disrespectful! Pls learn to be civilized. Its necessary if you must co-habit well with others.
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by oochi123(f): 10:49am On Jul 05, 2015
Jacksparrow0712:
Cc ishilove
iwo lomo. Wat is ishilove? Abeg I give up. Make I sleep o jare.
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by Jennifer89(f): 10:50am On Jul 05, 2015
op some women are like that you have to adapt to it. didn't you notice it when u were dating? well, just be patient sha coz she cant change overnight.
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by wahihi(m): 10:50am On Jul 05, 2015
chuna1985:

in my experience , Ur wife na lesbian.
IS THAT AN ADVICE OR AN INSULT?
Re: My Wife Shows No Affection by fombadi: 10:51am On Jul 05, 2015
If you really won't mind knowing the absolute truth here's the truth. When you don't love someone, it's hard to show affection, even when you try to pretend it's difficult to keep it up . It doesn't mean she's cheating, the love isn't just there. It is more attractive to be your real self . So don't work too hard for her love. Just be a great dad and a great guy and stop trying.

Brother, the more you lose your muscularity because you want her to love you the less she'll want you emotionally. (1)Don't do the house chore to impress her, do it because you really want to.(2) Force yourself and stop touching her as usual, I mean sexual moves if you can't hold then masturbate before going to lie next to her in your bedroom . (3) Link up with your old friends and go play some soccer/basketball with them some times etc etc. (4) If you don't go to church start and take the 2 kids along if she doesn't want to come better. Do things without her.

This whole love thing barely favours you when you shower the other person with too much love and attention.
NB: Remember you are the man, the head, the king. Take your place bro.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Is This Appropriate At The Children’s Playground? (Pics) / How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? / Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.