Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,663 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

The Weah96 Challenge. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Weah96 Challenge. (9916 Views)

The Great Challenge For Christians / One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by plaetton: 3:22pm On Aug 11, 2015
DeepSight:

You don't need to scan the universe of atheists. By definition, an atheist does not believe in god or gods. Therefore by definition, there cannot be any atheist who believes in God or gods. Such a person is not an atheist. It would be a logical contradiction exactly the same as the existence of a square circle.

So that closes that, and I can thus come to the reason I raised the question. I raised it to show that the response of weah96 to the OP is completely illogical and an even impossible response to make. He is asked why he does not believe in God and he says "which god"? This would not be necessary to the question because as an atheist being asked that question, the clear assumption is that he does not believe in all and any possible God or gods!

Therefore there is no need for him to begin to look at each of the thousands of gods in antiquity in order to resolve the question: he should simply give reasons why he rejects the existence of all gods.

Finally, on a side note, even if he refuses to do that, perhaps seeking to contend that he may have different reasons for the rejection of the existence of each god in history (which is implausible), the truth is that he is still being pedantic because the OP's question is clear that he is referring to that God - which various tribes call differently and ascribe different qualities to, but have one quality at at least as a common denominator: to wit: the creator supreme being in all existence.
Lol @creator supreme.
An an assumption clearly not in evidence.

For the millionth time, who do you suppose created the Creator supreme?
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by plaetton: 3:26pm On Aug 11, 2015
@Deepsight

Why is it so much easier to speak about a supreme self-existent mystery being than supreme self-existent natural processes that beget all things in the universe?

Lets be honest.
Could it be just mental laziness?

1 Like

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by DeepSight(m): 3:31pm On Aug 11, 2015
plaetton:

Lol @creator supreme.
An an assumption clearly not in evidence.

For the millionth time, who do you suppose created the Creator supreme?

I did not here say it is in evidence, I say that that is the natural and well known definition of the word "God" when used in the singular and with the capital G, and weah96 must indeed know that.

He is free to then proceed to say that he does not believe in God, for X, Y or Z reasons, including the problem of the infinite regress you just mentioned.

That would be the simple way to answer the OP so that the OP could proceed with his trajectory, rather than stalling with the "which god" ruse.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:36pm On Aug 11, 2015
dalaman:

Deva in Buddhism is not a God. From wikipedia.

A deva (देव Sanskrit and Pāli) in Buddhism is one of many different types of non-human beings who share the characteristics of being more powerful, longer-lived, and, in general, much happier than humans, although none of them are worthy of worship.

If you read further you will see where they clearly say that Devas are not gods. It is clearly written there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deva_(Buddhism)

As for the second question, you have not answered me anywhere. Why are you an atheist since you insist that atheist must disbelieve in all Gods. Why are you then an atheist?

Devas is not God? Are you serious at all?

Oga because an deity is not a god in the monotheitic concept or sense does not mean it is not God/deity.

Devas is a Sanskrit term meaning god, deity, divinity or celestial being. In Buddhism, devas are gods who live in the various realms of heaven as rewards for their previous good deeds, but they are still subject to rebirth. http://www.themystica.com/mystica/articles/d/devas.html

And you have the got to say they are not worshipping? What then is the essense of home shrine and temple? http://www.english.fgs2.ca/?q=why-buddhists-bow-pray-or-worship-buddha-statue-if-buddhism-does-not-believe-creationism

What is the dude in this picture below doing?

Is he eating or praying/worshipping?

And to the other question, I have answered you here https://www.nairaland.com/2486202/let-atheist-answer/3#36505086 and here https://www.nairaland.com/2486202/let-atheist-answer/3#36507691

Niggga I dont have your time

1 Like

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by DeepSight(m): 3:39pm On Aug 11, 2015
plaetton:
@Deepsight

Why is it so much easier to speak about a supreme self-existent mystery being than supreme self-existent natural processes that beget all things in the universe?

Lets be honest.
Could it be just mental laziness?

Maybe for some people, but no, not for me - indeed I have spent loads of time and back and forth on the very reasons why natural processes as known in the physical world cannot be self existent. A self existent thing cannot decay, for example. It's very existential quality is immanent. It is also logically intangible. These reasons, among others show that nothing physical can be self existent.

The only logical reverse is therefore that that which is self existent is intangible and non physical.

I have often mentioned infinite time as an example of a self existent thing.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by johnydon22(m): 3:44pm On Aug 11, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

I dont think you are an atheist like johnydon22, dalaman and weah96, you are not just too good with some concept and idea of God. Atheism negates all god idea but you are here believing Ra should be worship because it is god. I think w need to look beyond idea and concept. All these God were just expression of ancient men who triess to explain the natural world
I think you are practically the confused one here, swimming in your own self induced confusion.

First you mistake Buddhist spiritualism to mean theism, then again mistake pantheism to mean theism also, how will you even know what atheism is since you do not even grasp the concept of theism.

Refering the Sun as a God is not pantheism but rather theism and this belief that the sun is divine has to do with BELIEF. i that lack BELIEF that the divinity you claim on that particular thing simply will refer to it as the sun and nothing more.

Pantheism simply is recognizing the whole universe in one entirety as God, I simply choose to refer to it as the universe and not a deity.

theism deals with belief in both assumed personal and deified objects (which in the real sense represents the actual imaginative concept)

You need to wrap your head around these before you can hope to even understand what you hastily rush in to discuss

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by johnydon22(m): 3:50pm On Aug 11, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Oga because an deity is not a god in the monotheitic concept or sense does not mean it is not God/deity.

Devas is a Sanskrit term meaning god, deity, divinity or celestial being. In Buddhism, devas are gods who live in the various realms of heaven as rewards for their previous good deeds, but they are still subject to rebirth. http://www.themystica.com/mystica/articles/d/devas.html
Always at the fore front of laying baseless claims, Buddhists do not worship or term Devas Gods

A deva (देव Sanskrit and Pāli) in Buddhism is one of many different types of non-human beings who share the characteristics of being more powerful, longer-lived, and, in general, much happier than humans, [size=16]]although none of them are worthy of worship.[/size]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deva_(Buddhism)

Stop confusing yourself by changing words to mean what you want

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by basille(m): 3:51pm On Aug 11, 2015
Weah96:

The universe created itself through its mother nature and father time.
Then don't you think that Mother nature and time are gods?
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by dalaman: 3:54pm On Aug 11, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

And you have the got to say they are not worshipping? What then is the essense of home shrine and temple? http://www.english.fgs2.ca/?q=why-buddhists-bow-pray-or-worship-buddha-statue-if-buddhism-does-not-believe-creationism

What is the dude in this picture below doing?

Is he eating or praying/worshipping?

And to the other question, I have answered you here https://www.nairaland.com/2486202/let-atheist-answer/3#36505086 and here https://www.nairaland.com/2486202/let-atheist-answer/3#36507691

Niggga I dont have your time

I am not a Buddhist so I wont dwell on what I don't know. The Wikipedia entry says Devas are not Gods. As for the second question you still haven't answered anything. You just played with words. Why are you an atheist since you insist that atheist disbelieve in all Gods?
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:00pm On Aug 11, 2015
johnydon22:
I think you are practically the confused one here, swimming in your own self induced confusion.

First you mistake Buddhist spiritualism to mean theism, then again mistake pantheism to mean theism also, how will you even know what atheism is since you do not even grasp the concept of theism.

Refering the Sun as a God is not pantheism but rather theism and this belief that the sun is divine has to do with BELIEF. i that lack BELIEF that the divinity you claim on that particular thing simply will refer to it as the sun and nothing more.

Pantheism simply is recognizing the whole universe in one entirety as God, I simply choose to refer to it as the universe and not a deity.

theism deals with belief in both assumed personal and deified objects (which in the real sense represents the actual imaginative concept)

You need to wrap your head around these before you can hope to even understand what you hastily rush in to discuss

Where did I say Ra is a pantheistic God?

Theism is a broad term which extention pantheism is part of. I dont know where I confused this together.

Buddhism spritualism is not theism? Do you mean the western buddhism or the one practise by those in Asia?

Some guys mehn
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by johnydon22(m): 4:03pm On Aug 11, 2015
dalaman:

I am not a Buddhist so I wont dwell on what I don't know. The Wikipedia entry says Devas are not Gods. As for the second question you still haven't answered anything. You just played with words. Why are you an atheist since you insist that atheist disbelieve in all Gods?
Disbelief only occur where there is belief.

The gallery of a theater is called God (noun) this is not a belief just a lingual expression. . .the guy literally means you should disbelieve the gallery of a theater is not God.. How can you disbelieve what is not a belief but just a lingual expression?. .

Atheism deals simply with BELIEF... it only negate belief in deities or personal God (deities) concepts.

e.g: I believe the sun is God (deity) ... "I don't believe you, it's just the sun"

e.g2: I believe there is a god (deity) who created the universe and is outside the universe, needs human prayers and sacrifice and will punish you and give some a golden mansion..

"I don't believe you, prove it"

patheism: The universe is God....

"Good for you but it is just the universe to me"... its as simple as it gets

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:04pm On Aug 11, 2015
johnydon22:
Always at the fore front of laying baseless claims, Buddhists do not worship or term Devas Gods

A deva (देव Sanskrit and Pāli) in Buddhism is one of many different types of non-human beings who share the characteristics of being more powerful, longer-lived, and, in general, much happier than humans, [size=16]]although none of them are worthy of worship.[/size]

Stop confusing yourself by changing words to mean what you want

Dont be foolish Mr.

Do some research far beyond wikipedia.

Devas in Sanskrit is देव which mean God https://translate.google.com/m?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&ie=UTF-8&prev=_m&q=%E0%A4%A6%E0%A5%87%E0%A4%B5
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by dalaman: 4:14pm On Aug 11, 2015
johnydon22:
Disbelief only occur where there is belief.

The gallery of a theater is called God (noun) this is not a belief just a lingual expression. . .the guy literally means you should disbelieve the gallery of a theater is not God.. How can you disbelieve what is not a belief but just a lingual expression?. .

Atheism deals simply with BELIEF... it only negate belief in deities or personal God (deities) concepts.

e.g: I believe the sun is God (deity) ... "I don't believe you, it's just the sun"

e.g2: I believe there is a god (deity) who created the universe and is outside the universe, needs human prayers and sacrifice and will punish you and give some a golden mansion..

"I don't believe you, prove it"

patheism: The universe is God....

"Good for you but it is just the universe to me"... its as simple as it gets

I get you perfectly. I just want to show him the irony of his statement.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Weah96: 4:27pm On Aug 11, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Simply tell us you believe in Mother Nature. Mind you, she is a goddess and thus exist.

We've been here before. You know EXACTLY what my beliefs are, as far as Gods are concerned.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Weah96: 4:33pm On Aug 11, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Then the Universe is God.

Therefore it exist.

Mother Nature is God. It exist

I believe in certain Gods, and have serious reservations about the rest.

Example, I've been to an Outkast concert, I've had my hair cut in barbershop with Big Boi seated in the next chair, I have watched their videos.

When I say that I don't believe in God, I am under the impression that the OP if referring to the Abrahamic ones.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by johnydon22(m): 4:35pm On Aug 11, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Where did I say Ra is a pantheistic God?

Theism is a broad term which extention pantheism is part of. I dont know where I confused this together.
No pantheism is not an extension of theism...Pantheism a distinct and drastically different concept in entirety. . this is where your confusion stems.

If you had asserted deism is an extension of theism, nobody would have disputed that...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theism
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantheism

like i told you before, you have to first go wrap your head around what both actually means before rushing in to discuss them.

Buddhism spritualism is not theism? Do you mean the western buddhism or the one practise by those in Asia?

Some guys mehn
Buddhism /ˈbudɪzəm/ [1][2] is a[size=20] nontheisitc religion[/size] [note 1][3] or philosophy
( Sanskrit : dharma; Pali : dhamma) that encompasses a variety of traditions ,
beliefs and spiritual practices largely based on teachings attributed to
Gautama Buddha, commonly known as the Buddha ("the awakened one"wink.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism

Like i told you earlier, you don't even know what theism means...Until you get to know you will never fully grasp that which you wish to argue about.....

let me hear you say that Buddhism is theistic again!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Weah96: 4:37pm On Aug 11, 2015
PastorAIO:

e squeeze mi! Perhaps I could help.

I think that maybe we should make a distinction between God, the office, and God, the personality.

An office may bear certain functions that can be fulfilled by various persons. Many people may be president of US, but there is only one presidency of US.

The OP, maybe, I don't know, may be asking if there is such an office as God that presumably is responsibly for such functions as creating and maintaining the universe. The question of who fills this office, whether amadioha, sango or Jehovah is not pertinent right now.

Weah96 may believe that such an office as 'God' exists but disbelieve that it is filled by any such beings as Jehovah, Allah etc.

Abeg, Am I right?

Kinda. Is the creator a humanoid or the universe itself?
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:38pm On Aug 11, 2015
Weah96:

Example, I've been to an Outkast concert, I've had my hair cut in barbershop with Big Boi seated in the next chair, I have watched their videos.

When I say that I don't believe in God, I am under the impression that the OP if referring to the Abrahamic ones.

But you believe in Asian, African and greek God?

Thanks ahead.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by DeepSight(m): 4:39pm On Aug 11, 2015
Weah96:

Bingo, so why the "which god" rigmarole?
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:41pm On Aug 11, 2015
Weah96:

We've been here before. You know EXACTLY what my beliefs are, as far as Gods are concerned.

Pantheistic atheist you are. Not just atheist. That is what you do not want to accept.

I believe somedays, atheism will be synonymous to insanity and psalm 14:1 will be affirmed. It is not an insult but just saying the fact. Because atheism is disbelieve in God existence but God ever exist either as an entity, idea or concept.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Weah96: 4:47pm On Aug 11, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Atheism is disbelieve in God/gods. This in particular mean disbelieve in ALL gods and not just Jehovah and Allah only. Christians believe in Jehovah but disbelieve in Allah and every other God that exist in other religion and culture. Therefore atheists are expected to disbelieve in all these God.

Atheism is a greek word a + theos which mean No God. God there is not just Allah or Jehovah though they make it up but all Gods.

http://godisimaginary.com/i28.htm

So the OP asked a simple question, why do you think God does not exist? So I dont expect weah69 to peg the question for Jehovah or Allah.

Atheism is the dismissal of all forms of conventional theism. Unconventional Gods like Cristiano Ronaldo, Lebron James, and myself are not included.

If you feel like calling the Aso Rock building by the moniker God, then after you clarify the attributes and the benefits you get from the building, I might join your cult group.

1 Like

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by johnydon22(m): 4:47pm On Aug 11, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Dont be foolish Mr.

Do some research far beyond wikipedia.

Devas in Sanskrit is देव which mean God https://translate.google.com/m?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&ie=UTF-8&prev=_m&q=%E0%A4%A6%E0%A5%87%E0%A4%B5
Hahahaha as usual..

Sanskrit remember is a Hindu liturgical language and Hinduism is a theistic religion..

We are discussing the BUDDHIST concept of Deva which they regard as merely non-humans that are not worthy of worship.

In your usual hasty sterotypes you didn't bother to Check the etymology of the word...
"Deva is a Sanskrit word found in Vedic literature of 2nd millennium BCE. Monier Williams translates it as "heavenly, divine, terrestial things of high excellence, exalted, shining ones".[1][9] The concept [size=20]also [/size] is used to refer to deity, god."https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deva_(Hinduism)#Etymology

Now we can see that the word "Deva" is used both to refer to heavenly, exalted etc things and Also used differently to refer to a deity..

Can you now calm down and agree Deva in Buddhism is not GOD but simply a non-human entity smiley...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:52pm On Aug 11, 2015
dalaman:

I am not a Buddhist so I wont dwell on what I don't know. The Wikipedia entry says Devas are not Gods.

Wikipedia is not wrong here. It said on another search that Deva is not God in monotheistic sense but it is a divine entity/being. The word in Sanskrit mean God.

dalaman:
As for the second question you still haven't answered anything. You just played with words. Why are you an atheist since you insist that atheist disbelieve in all Gods?

I have given you link where I answered this question above. Refer to it for answers

thanks
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by johnydon22(m): 4:53pm On Aug 11, 2015
Weah96:

So do we take it that you believe non-abrahamic God concepts? like Scandanivian Gods, egyptian Gods, sumerian Gods, Igbo Gods? you only disbelieve abrahamic Gods? lets get you clearly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Weah96: 5:03pm On Aug 11, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

how many times do I need to express myself to make you understand me?

Let me employ the vegetarian theory again.
[size=18pt]When a vegetarian is asked reason why he refused to eat meat, he doesnt ask in reply which particular meat because as a vegetarian, he does not eat ALL meat.[/size]

I don't understand what you stand to gain from your incessant pedantry. A reasonable person asks for clarification once, receives it, and moves you. You now know what I mean, why are you obsessed with the old semantics business? This is turning out to be your signature mating ritual of yours or something, and even though it is entertaining, it sometimes can also be downright annoying.

You have just checkmated yourself, and I hope that you will present another contribution to the arena. Here's your rebuttal:

meat
mēt/Submit
noun
noun: meat; plural noun: meats
the flesh of an animal (especially a mammal) as food.
"pieces of meat"
synonyms: flesh, animal flesh
"you need to cut down on your consumption of meat"
the flesh of a person's body.
"this'll put meat on your bones!"
synonyms: flesh, animal flesh
"you need to cut down on your consumption of meat"
NORTH AMERICAN
[size=19pt]the edible part of fruits or nuts.[/size]
the essence or chief part of something.
"he did the meat of the climb on the first day"
synonyms: substance, pith, marrow, heart, kernel, core, nucleus, nub, essence, essentials, gist, fundamentals, basics; informalnitty-gritty
"the meat of the matter"
archaic
[size=19pt]food of any kind.
[/size]synonyms: food, nourishment, sustenance, provisions, rations, fare, foodstuff(s), provender, daily bread; More
informalgrub, eats, chow, nosh;
formalcomestibles;
datedvictuals;
literaryviands
"meat and drink"

There is no such thing as a vegetarian because everyone eats meat. Just as there is no such thing as an atheist... because we all believe in God.

Do you disbelieve in the meat of a pawpaw?

1 Like

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:05pm On Aug 11, 2015
johnydon22:
No pantheism is not an extension of theism...Pantheism a distinct and drastically different concept in entirety. . this is where your confusion stems.

If you had asserted deism is an extension of theism, nobody would have disputed that...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theism
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantheism

like i told you before, you have to first go wrap your head around what both actually means before rushing in to discuss them.

Buddhism /ˈbudɪzəm/ [1][2] is a[size=20] nontheisitc religion[/size] [note 1][3] or philosophy
( Sanskrit : dharma; Pali : dhamma) that encompasses a variety of traditions ,
beliefs and spiritual practices largely based on teachings attributed to
Gautama Buddha, commonly known as the Buddha ("the awakened one"wink.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism

Like i told you earlier, you don't even know what theism means...Until you get to know you will never fully grasp that which you wish to argue about.....

let me hear you say that Buddhism is theistic again!

Oga Ade stop relying on Western fallacy.

Read and read Mr http://www.existentialbuddhist.com/2011/05/is-buddhism-non-theistic/

another is here

http://www.religioustolerance.org/buddhism8.htm

I dont have the time so I cant copy and paste here.

Buddhism is theistic religion as practised by those in Asia
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:09pm On Aug 11, 2015
johnydon22:
Hahahaha as usual..

Sanskrit remember is a Hindu liturgical language and Hinduism is a theistic religion..

We are discussing the BUDDHIST concept of Deva which they regard as merely non-humans that are not worthy of worship.

In your usual hasty sterotypes you didn't bother to Check the etymology of the word...
"Deva is a Sanskrit word found in Vedic literature of 2nd millennium BCE. Monier Williams translates it as "heavenly, divine, terrestial things of high excellence, exalted, shining ones".[1][9] The concept [size=20]also [/size] is used to refer to deity, god."https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deva_(Hinduism)#Etymology

Now we can see that the word "Deva" is used both to refer to heavenly, exalted etc things and Also used differently to refer to a deity..

Can you now calm down and agree Deva in Buddhism is not GOD but simply a non-human entity smiley...

Even from the link, Deva-buddhism is a word from Sanskrit. This is what is there "A deva (देव Sanskrit and Pāli)".

So maybe you need to put your thinking cap on when arguing.

A simple translation of देव to english will give you God.

Next
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Weah96: 5:09pm On Aug 11, 2015
basille:
Then don't you think that Mother nature and time are gods?

They would fit my description of Gods. They certainly act like they are, don't they?
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:14pm On Aug 11, 2015
Weah96:

Atheism is the dismissal of all forms of conventional theism. Unconventional Gods like Cristiano Ronaldo, Lebron James, and myself are not included.

If you feel like calling the Aso Rock building by the moniker God, then after you clarify the attributes and the benefits you get from the building, I might join your cult group.

Another nonsense.

What constitute and made up what you call conventional?

Millions of people are hindi are worship snake and cows as deity.

Millions of people in greek worship the stars as deity.

Millions in Africa worship the nature. . .animism.

Are these convetional?

Do atheists disbelieve in these gods?

Does your definition applies to these gods?
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by johnydon22(m): 5:17pm On Aug 11, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Oga Ade stop relying on Western fallacy.

Read and read Mr http://www.existentialbuddhist.com/2011/05/is-buddhism-non-theistic/
And you did not even read the article because if you did, you wouldn't have pasted it here...this is what it says.[size=16]The claim of Non-theism is true in the sense that there is no God in Buddhism who is a Creator, Judge, or Deity-in-Charge.[/size]

The claim of Non-theism is not completely true because the Buddhist suttas and sutras make reference to all sorts of supernatural beings who inhabit the universe, from ghosts, demi-gods, devas, and brahmās to celestial buddhas and bodhisattvas.
it is very clear for all to see now... Even the website you provided agreed Buddhism is non theistic but only argued that the concepts of supernatural entities like we see in buddhism means theism....lmao, this is like saying because someone believes the existence of Witches, means that person is theistic...

another is here

http://www.religioustolerance.org/buddhism8.htm

I dont have the time so I cant copy and paste here.

Buddhism is theistic religion as practised by those in Asia
And your second link finished the job..here.

"Some definitions required a religion to include belief in the existence of one or more deities; this would classify most expressions of Buddhism as a non-religious since [size=16]it is essentially a non-theistic religion. [/size]………

Now go and wrap your head around the concept of theism, belief in non-human entities is not same as theism..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:19pm On Aug 11, 2015
Weah96:

I don't understand what you stand to gain from your incessant pedantry. A reasonable person asks for clarification once, receives it, and moves you. You now know what I mean, why are you obsessed with the old semantics business? This is turning out to be your signature mating ritual of yours or something, and even though it is entertaining, it sometimes can also be downright annoying.

You have just checkmated yourself, and I hope that you will present another contribution to the arena. Here's your rebuttal:

There is no such thing as a vegetarian because everyone eats meat. Just as there is no such thing as an atheist... because we all believe in God.

Do you disbelieve in the meat of a pawpaw?

Excellent shot there.

I respect this response. Take my five guy.

Jehovah and Allah is a subset of God. The OP asked why you think God does not exist. This implies that you presume that God does not exist. I dont care if it is Jehovah or Allah. Just give us your reason why you think God does not exist.

Asking a celestial Buddha for assistance is a practice within Pure Land Buddhism. Pure Land Buddhism teaches that one cannot reach enlightenment through one’s own efforts, but if one recites the mantra ofAmitābhaBuddha one will be reborn into his Pure Land after death and will achieve enlightenment from there. Having faith in a Buddha’s divine intervention seems similar in some ways to theistic beliefs and practices in the West. Keep in mind, however, that AmitābhaBuddha is neither a creator nor a judge. He offers assistance to all who recite his mantra.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by johnydon22(m): 5:26pm On Aug 11, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Even from the link, Deva-buddhism is a word from Sanskrit. This is what is there "A deva (देव Sanskrit and Pāli)".

So maybe you need to put your thinking cap on when arguing.

A simple translation of देव to english will give you God.

Stop clutching on an already failed argument...

The link is very explicit when it showed Deva means supernatural entities and can also mean a god..

its very clear for all to see...

We are dealing with the BUDDHIST concept of "deva" which is basically they refer to as a non-human entity like wikipedia showed us...

Stop sterotyping... Deva in buddishm doesn't mean God..let me post the definition of Buddhist DEVA again for all..

A deva (देव Sanskrit and Pāli) in Buddhism is one of many different types of non-human beings who share the characteristics of being more powerful, longer-lived, and, in general, much happier than humans, although none of them are worthy of worship

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? / Open Heavens Daily Devotional / Karma And Curses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.