Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,383 members, 7,815,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

The Weah96 Challenge. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Weah96 Challenge. (9921 Views)

The Great Challenge For Christians / One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by DeepSight(m): 10:05pm On Aug 11, 2015
Weah96:

Abeg, please ask them again.

The problem for them is, if the universe is God, then the manufacturers of holy books, and the urchins who peddle their messages, will be out of business.

God must be a being, because of the talking business. There is a monetary reward, IN THIS LIFE, that is attached to making the creator a talking being. Someone wants to feed their family by claiming that it spoke to him in his native language.

There is no way to get money, or p*ssy for that matter, from saying that the universe created itself. It will be harder to move the books off the shelves.

Please at least know your audience.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by plaetton: 10:30pm On Aug 11, 2015
Weah96:

Abeg, please ask them again.

The problem for them is, if the universe is God, then the manufacturers of holy books, and the urchins who peddle their messages, will be out of business.

God must be a being, because of the talking business. There is a monetary reward, IN THIS LIFE, that is attached to making the creator a talking being. Someone wants to feed their family by claiming that it spoke to him in his native language.

There is no way to get money, or p*ssy for that matter, from saying that the universe created itself. It will be harder to move the books off the shelves.

Lol.
grin grin

Yes indeed.
Myths are, and have always been wealth creation tendencies, albeit, for the self-elect urchins that call themselves priests.

Pope Leo V said it best when he said ". This Myth Of Christ Has Served US most Profitably"
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Eddlad: 10:36pm On Aug 11, 2015
Weah96:

I don't know. But all the evidence points to the fact that an explosion occurred, separating everything you currently see today from an infinitesimally tiny point. Everything is one, which explains the need for the same basic unit of organization.

Evidence?
Some bodies revolve around others are they also moving away from this "infinitesimally tiny point" as per the explosion? Can any big bang believer elaborate?
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by theunusualmoon(m): 10:44pm On Aug 11, 2015
@weah96

Let's pretend the DNA test does not exist.
How can you prove that your mum,dad and child is truly yours?

In the end children only grow up to respect and refer to those that nurtured them with love as parents.Most people don't even go for DNA testing.
So what is that feeling that makes a child(Even an adult) look up at its mother or father and say: mummy,daddy?
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by theunusualmoon(m): 11:19pm On Aug 11, 2015
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by basille(m): 12:31am On Aug 12, 2015
Weah96:

Yea. I believe in MYSELF. Not my human self, but the self which acts as the main character in my dreams. Freud called it the ID. I call it God.

Coincidentally, I've never seen my own face in my dreams. LOL.

You're not an atheist.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by charlesikhalea(m): 1:17am On Aug 12, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

another tantrum

U should check the meaning of the word, it relates alot to ur present condition
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Weah96: 1:24am On Aug 12, 2015
basille:
You're not an atheist.

For believing that my ID is God?

We all have Gods deposited in us from birth, that's why babies sleep for about 20 hrs a day. They are unconsciously teaming up with the ID, and sleep is the only place to do it at that age.

I might be talking complete rubbish though, so don't take me too seriously.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Weah96: 1:27am On Aug 12, 2015
theunusualmoon:
@weah96

Let's pretend the DNA test does not exist.
How can you prove that your mum,dad and child is truly yours?

In the end children only grow up to respect and refer to those that nurtured them with love as parents.Most people don't even go for DNA testing.
So what is that feeling that makes a child(Even an adult) look up at its mother or father and say: mummy,daddy?

Survival instincts. The baby is dead without its parents, or without human supervision. That feeling is the only thing keeping it alive. It doesn't know that you feel the same way.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Weah96: 1:37am On Aug 12, 2015
Eddlad:

Evidence?
Some bodies revolve around others are they also moving away from this "infinitesimally tiny point" as per the explosion? Can any big bang believer elaborate?

You mean the ripple effect. It's calmer the closer one gets to the epicenter. The further away from the point of origin, the more the thing keeps expanding.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Eddlad: 7:19am On Aug 12, 2015
Weah96:

You mean the ripple effect. It's calmer the closer one gets to the epicenter. The further away from the point of origin, the more the thing keeps expanding.

No, I understand that mercury would move way from this epicenter at a much less velocity as opposed to earth, what I dont understand is how this explosion could cause some bodies to be revolving around others,how does this explosion cause a circular motion.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by TheDauraMallam: 7:51am On Aug 12, 2015
I swear I never get any point from this 4 pages topic

Op, answer the damn question. Why don't you believe in gods.

Arh!
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by theunusualmoon(m): 8:06am On Aug 12, 2015
Weah96:

Survival instincts. The baby is dead without its parents, or without human supervision. That feeling is the only thing keeping it alive. It doesn't know that you feel the same way.
I think your response is simply based on the fact that you think you know where I am going with this but let me make it a bit more elaborate.

This happened in a movie or a book.I can't even remember where I picked it up from.

There was a guy who loved his wife to a fault.she got pregnant and he rejoiced but deep within he knew there was something wrong.He loved her but being a doctor kept him guessing.Her timing was wrong.
After the birth he decided to carry out a DNA test.He was right the child wasn't his.Who could it have been? The only other male in the house was is father.So he damned the consequences and intelligently got a sample from his dad and Bingo!(Before the test a lot of people have said :oh my gawd this kid looks so much like you) well the kid turned out to be his brother.
2. I know you don't live here but it is a known fact that babies are switched at birth whether accidentally or delibrately by medical workers and so many homes and people out there have kids and daddy's and mummy's that are not theirs.

So my question to you is this.
How come so many people out there don't take paternity tests but are very sure that their kids are theirs and this person they call dad or mum is truly theirs?

I am not calling for DNA testing I am only saying that there are so many things out there that you believe in even without requesting for a proof. So weah69 why do you neeed proof before you believe GOD exists?
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by theunusualmoon(m): 8:11am On Aug 12, 2015
TheDauraMallam:

Arh!
I know weah69 hasn't answerd my question.truth is he doesn't know why he doesn't belive or perhaps he's had one or two experiences that made him feel: whatks the point? This thing called GOD is unbelievable and that's why I have gone a step further to paint the scenarios above.hoping we can all come out of our shells a little further.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:11am On Aug 12, 2015
charlesikhalea:

U should check the meaning of the word, it relates alot to ur present condition

Oga what does this have to do with the OP? If you have no point, kindly pls bounce off my mention.

You have aaked for the evidence of my God and I have shown you one. Even your colleague in atheism approves that Lord Ra is god and should be revered. So what other point is it you want to make again?

My God can be seen out there in the night. There is picture of it out there. She is bright and beautiful. If you dont like it, you can jump into the lagoon
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:13am On Aug 12, 2015
basille:
You're not an atheist.

He will not admit that
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:15am On Aug 12, 2015
Weah96:

Are you mad? Did you not read my reply to the OP? I forgot. You don't read. You only wait to see the words atheist and God together before you begin to pleasure yourself.

A vegetarian tells you that meat is bad for the body. You disagree claiming that he too eats meat. Are you not looking to start a fistfight?

I thought you are an adult and expected you to be more civil.

If a vegetarian tells you meat is not good for his body, can you then tell us why you think god does not exist?
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by hahn(m): 8:15am On Aug 12, 2015
TheDauraMallam:

Arh!

I'm already out of popcorn cry
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by TheDauraMallam: 9:37am On Aug 12, 2015
As ignorant humans, it is perfectly plausible to believe in the idea of a god or gods, especially when the world knew almost nothing about how the world was.

Almost every atheists now would have believed in some sort of God if he or she was born during the Biblical times.

A lot of things happened then that had no plausible explanation, hence the god of gaps argument reigned then.

But this is 2015, the average human is armed with infallible evidence and information that explains all these so called phenomena and mysticism.

It's just up to us to add 2+2 to make 4 and free outselves from the shackles of primitive reasoning.

I personally feel it is plausible to believe in a god. As tempting as it might however sound, this God or gods have no relation whatsoever with what is going on with humans.

It's a sad reality and people can't wrap their brain around that.

Also, plausibility doesn't imply it is true. Everything must be scrutinized with evidence. Lack of evidence therefore, implies it might just be a wishful thinking after all.

If God is real, there is no evidence to prove it. Ergo, he] [her, it] is not real.

Just ignorant wishful thinking in the 21st century of information.

There was a time when albinos were hunted mercilessly, when being left handed was considered a bad omen, when ravens were reverred, when twins were killed because it was considered abnormal.

I have not (yet) encountered a modern man that still holds on to such nonsensical beliefs.

Why then hold on to the theory of religion? Man can't just accept the fact that all living things will die.

Then they weave un-unravelable webs of fantasical tales of the afterlife and all. It's a sad reality.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by charlesikhalea(m): 11:19am On Aug 12, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Oga what does this have to do with the OP? If you have no point, kindly pls bounce off my mention.

You have aaked for the evidence of my God and I have shown you one. Even your colleague in atheism approves that Lord Ra is god and should be revered. So what other point is it you want to make again?

My God can be seen out there in the night. There is picture of it out there. She is bright and beautiful. If you dont like it, you can jump into the lagoon

I have told u to get a life, if u didn't type rubbish after mentioning me i wouldn't be showing up in ur mention, ur God cannot n has never been seen by anyone, u have no proof, so even if u re a little boy, this is Nairaland almost everyone is intelligent here, try not to act stupid n do something with ur life today. I made my point with my first response to the Op n all those concerned.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:34am On Aug 12, 2015
charlesikhalea:

I have told u to get a life, if u didn't type rubbish after mentioning me i wouldn't be showing up in ur mention, ur God cannot n has never been seen by anyone, u have no proof, so even if u re a little boy, this is Nairaland almost everyone is intelligent here, try not to act stupid n do something with ur life today. I made my point with my first response to the Op n all those concerned.

thanks
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 12, 2015
basille:
You're not an atheist.

Simple! Both he and plaeton.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Weah96: 11:54am On Aug 12, 2015
theunusualmoon:

I think your response is simply based on the fact that you think you know where I am going with this but let me make it a bit more elaborate.

This happened in a movie or a book.I can't even remember where I picked it up from.

There was a guy who loved his wife to a fault.she got pregnant and he rejoiced but deep within he knew there was something wrong.He loved her but being a doctor kept him guessing.Her timing was wrong.
After the birth he decided to carry out a DNA test.He was right the child wasn't his.Who could it have been? The only other male in the house was is father.So he damned the consequences and intelligently got a sample from his dad and Bingo!(Before the test a lot of people have said :oh my gawd this kid looks so much like you) well the kid turned out to be his brother.
2. I know you don't live here but it is a known fact that babies are switched at birth whether accidentally or delibrately by medical workers and so many homes and people out there have kids and daddy's and mummy's that are not theirs.

So my question to you is this.
How come so many people out there don't take paternity tests but are very sure that their kids are theirs and this person they call dad or mum is truly theirs?

I am not calling for DNA testing I am only saying that there are so many things out there that you believe in even without requesting for a proof. So weah69 why do you neeed proof before you believe GOD exists?

Gods exists, no question. I'm an example. Certain Gods are fake and imaginary though. I have a list of Gods that I believe in and a list of Gods that I dismiss. So actually, I don't understand where you're going.

Do you want me to tell you why I disbelieve in conventional deities like the one you pray to, or why I believe in the ones that I do?
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Weah96: 12:05pm On Aug 12, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

I thought you are an adult and expected you to be more civil.

If a vegetarian tells you meat is not good for his body, can you then tell us why you think god does not exist?

According to your village logic, the vegetarian would be wrong for making that statement because garden eggs and bananas have meat too.

You're so confused to the point where you don't understand your own confusion.

Which God are you talking? There are different Gods, just like meat can come from both animals and plants. The vegetarian is implying animal meat, and I'm talking about conventional theism. There are many different Gods within the arena of conventional theism, and my reasons for dismissing each one vary.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Weah96: 12:10pm On Aug 12, 2015
theunusualmoon:

I know weah69 hasn't answerd my question.truth is he doesn't know why he doesn't belive or perhaps he's had one or two experiences that made him feel: whatks the point? This thing called GOD is unbelievable and that's why I have gone a step further to paint the scenarios above.hoping we can all come out of our shells a little further.

You believe that you have identified the creator of the universe and he is the one who authored your holy book. Trying to conceal that argument behind a more generic God is being disingenuous. Isolate what YOU call God, and I'll tell you why I don't believe in it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by theunusualmoon(m): 12:12pm On Aug 12, 2015
Weah96:

Gods exists, no question. I'm an example. Certain Gods are fake and imaginary though. I have a list of Gods that I believe in and a list of Gods that I dismiss. So actually, I don't understand where you're going.

Do you want me to tell you why I disbelieve in conventional deities like the one you pray to, or why I believe in the ones that I do?
So which gods do you believe in? Do you consider any of these gods to be superior than all others including yourself? Or are you the greatest god ever?
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Weah96: 12:26pm On Aug 12, 2015
theunusualmoon:

So which gods do you believe in? Do you consider any of these gods to be superior than all others including yourself? Or are you the greatest god ever?

I believe that I'm the greatest God that I know. Every human probably has the same measure though, but they have no superiority over me.

For displaying his skills on the Recession album, young Jeezy became a God. But only as a revered person. In all likelihood, he carries his own personal ID but he doesn't yet know that it is God.

1 Like

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by macof(m): 1:21pm On Aug 12, 2015
To be honest Folykaze you seem confused.
You are a brother but I think you need to get certain things straight here.

Atheist don't believe in the divinity of whatever. ..doesn't mean the plain face nature of that thing is non existent

Using Ra/Sun logic doesnt apply to any atheist because he would rather let go of the divinity of the sun which is Ra and retain the Sun in its plain and obvious form

Even atheist disagree with Pantheistic notion of divinity of the universe

Many people don't know that the original meaning of the word "God" from its numerous evolution through different dialects and languages is actually "Concept"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by theunusualmoon(m): 1:36pm On Aug 12, 2015
Weah96:

I believe that I'm the greatest God that I know. Every human probably has the same measure though, but they have no superiority over me.

For displaying his skills on the Recession album, young Jeezy became a God. But only as a revered person. In all likelihood, he carries his own personal ID but he doesn't yet know that it is God.

Well it's good to know you and young jeezy are one and same.
It is also good to know you're not an atheist(correct me if I am wrong) and this means you and those who have chosen to believe in a certain GOD have a right to their opinions so maybe you should stop spitting venom on those who have chosen a certain path.
As for me I believe the earth and its mechanisms are too organised to be referred as a coincidence or a big bang accident.I believe it was CAREFULLY designed.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by TheDauraMallam: 2:05pm On Aug 12, 2015
theunusualmoon:

Well it's good to know you and young jeezy are one and same.
It is also good to know you're not an atheist(correct me if I am wrong) and this means you and those who have chosen to believe in a certain GOD have a right to their opinions so maybe you should stop spitting venom on those who have chosen a certain path.
As for me I believe the earth and its mechanisms are too organised to be referred as a coincidence or a big bang accident.I believe it was CAREFULLY designed.

Mtcheew. Your claims does not hold any water.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:06pm On Aug 12, 2015
macof:
To be honest Folykaze you seem confused.
You are a brother but I think you need to get certain things straight here.

Atheist don't believe in the divinity of whatever. ..doesn't mean the plain face nature of that thing is non existent

Lol. This makes me laugh.

God to you mean a divine status. But how do you define a divinity?

I will call on you on my new thread but before then can you tell us the difference between God and the plain true nature of God.

How is Ogun the deity different from metals and Iron? Is the Ogun that drinks blood diferent from the razor blade, cutlass and knife that cuts through the blood?

Is Iroko the sacred deity different from Iroko ordnary tree? Tell us this difference pls

macof:
Using Ra/Sun logic doesnt apply to any atheist because he would rather let go of the divinity of the sun which is Ra and retain the Sun in its plain and obvious form

Another joke.

Plaeton is an atheist who admitted Sun/Ra is God and should be worship.

There is a popular atheist who proclaimed the sun and not the son should be worship.

These are athiests who see God in an entity without divinity but importance like you said on my thread.

macof:
Even atheist disagree with Pantheistic notion of divinity of the universe

Many people don't know that the original meaning of the word "God" from its numerous evolution through different dialects and languages is actually "Concept"

Not knowing the meaning of God is not atheism. Atheists rejected the notion of God because they had the knowledge of what some people said it is.

God in pantheism is neither supernatural nor divine (in the sense of theist). This is why Darwin said in his book that "Deists differ from pantheists in that the deist God is some kind of cosmic intelligence, rather than the pantheist's metaphoric or poetic synonym for the laws of the universe. Pantheism is sexed-up atheism. Deism is watered-down theism.

Pantheism is simply redefining god to be something that exist. Any atheist claiming he/she disbelieves in pantheists God is insane because we know those Gods exist
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:09pm On Aug 12, 2015
Weah96:

According to your village logic, the vegetarian would be wrong for making that statement because garden eggs and bananas have meat too.

You're so confused to the point where you don't understand your own confusion.

Which God are you talking? There are different Gods, just like meat can come from both animals and plants. The vegetarian is implying animal meat, and I'm talking about conventional theism. There are many different Gods within the arena of conventional theism, and my reasons for dismissing each one vary.

Tell us basically you are not atheist to non-conventional Gods. The pagan Gods

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gospel Of Barnabas: Judas Did Not Betray Jesus? / Would Someone Go To Hell If He Doesn't Do Water Baptism? / Karma And Curses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.