Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

The Weah96 Challenge. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Weah96 Challenge. (9914 Views)

The Great Challenge For Christians / One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:32pm On Aug 11, 2015
johnydon22:
And you did not even read the article because if you did, you wouldn't have pasted it here...this is what it says.[size=16]The claim of Non-theism is true in the sense that there is no God in Buddhism who is a Creator, Judge, or Deity-in-Charge.[/size]

The claim of Non-theism is not completely true because the Buddhist suttas and sutras make reference to all sorts of supernatural beings who inhabit the universe, from ghosts, demi-gods, devas, and brahmās to celestial buddhas and bodhisattvas.
it is very clear for all to see now... Even the website you provided agreed Buddhism is non theistic but only argued that the concepts of supernatural entities like we see in buddhism means theism....lmao, this is like saying because someone believes the existence of Witches, means that person is theistic...

And your second link finished the job..here.

"Some definitions required a religion to include belief in the existence of one or more deities; this would classify most expressions of Buddhism as a non-religious since [size=16]it is essentially a non-theistic religion. [/size]………

Now go and wrap your head around the concept of theism, belief in non-human entities is not same as theism..

I dont have interest in this game of copy and paste with color paintings.

Note the word "in the sense". This in the sense postulate that:

Western Buddhist communities, on the other hand, are often made up of converts who have left a prior theistic belief in an Abrahamic Sky God behind. They often view celestial beings as outdated cultural vestiges which can be safely jettisoned without changing the essential meaning of the Dharma. Western Buddhists are the foremost promulgators of the idea that Buddhism is non-theistic.

This is the reason why asked you to speculate if you mean buddhism as viewed by the west or practised in Asia.

In pure land buddhism, buddha is worshipped and it pratises is theistic
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by krayzieklay(m): 5:35pm On Aug 11, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

A deified God is already personified.

There is no God but that thing that is called God which exist. Therefore God exxist.

God is not a particualr entity but tag given to entities. That entity is God and exist.

This is not just about calling the name or tagging it but attributing any form of worship, reverence and prayer to it. Therefore it is remains God rather than earth.

Are humans not deities?

Are humans not worshipped or seen as divine entity?

Atheist believes in God.

I don die

Your arguments most times can be so annoying. It's like as if I'm hearing a child scratching a metal on a tarred road. Damn!

3 Likes

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by johnydon22(m): 5:43pm On Aug 11, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

I dont have interest in this game of copy and paste with color paintings.

Note the word "in the sense". This in the sense postulate that:

Western Buddhist communities, on the other hand, are often made up of converts who have left a prior theistic belief in an Abrahamic Sky God behind. They often view celestial beings as outdated cultural vestiges which can be safely jettisoned without changing the essential meaning of the Dharma. Western Buddhists are the foremost promulgators of the idea that Buddhism is non-theistic.

This is the reason why asked you to speculate if you mean buddhism as viewed by the west or practised in Asia.

In pure land buddhism, buddha is worshipped and it pratises is theistic
The day you will learn to stop unfounded sterotypes your arguments will become sound and straight..

Buddha is not worshipped as a God just like Catholic revere Mary but not as a God..

Catholics pray to saints and even other christian denominations invoke angels in their prayers. . .Reverance (worship) of a thing does not connote Theism..

I worship my mum, this doesn't make me theisitic or make my mother a deity, it is basically reverance...

Buddhist practises are within the dimension of "Organized Religion" Not Theistic... You still have to go grab what "Theism" really is like i adviced ealier..

Again stop sterotypes, you always murder your argument with it smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by basille(m): 5:47pm On Aug 11, 2015
Weah96:

They would fit my description of Gods. They certainly act like they are, don't they?
If they fit your description of gods, then don't you think they are gods? and doesn't that void your beliefs?
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by johnydon22(m): 5:48pm On Aug 11, 2015
krayzieklay:

Your arguments most times can be so annoying. It's like as if I'm hearing a child scratching a metal on a tarred road. Damn!
You can imagine, he won't even grasp your point..

Only wallow and swim in his own personal confusion... he sterotypes every concept he lays his hands on usually from his own biased pespective..

A serious nut case of nonsensical word salads if i am to use plaetton's words that doesn't even mean or hit any point

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by plaetton: 5:56pm On Aug 11, 2015
DeepSight:

Maybe for some people, but no, not for me - indeed I have spent loads of time and back and forth on the very reasons why natural processes as known in the physical world cannot be self existent. A self existent thing cannot decay, for example. It's very existential quality is immanent. It is also logically intangible. These reasons, among others show that nothing physical can be self existent.

The only logical reverse is therefore that that which is self existent is intangible and non physical.

I have often mentioned infinite time as an example of a self existent thing.

My point is that natural processes, the laws of physics, are also self-existent, and therefore, should take credit for the existence of the universe, rather than the wishy washy notions of a self-existent personality.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:04pm On Aug 11, 2015
johnydon22:
Stop clutching on an already failed argument...

The link is very explicit when it showed Deva means supernatural entities and can also mean a god..

its very clear for all to see...

We are dealing with the BUDDHIST concept of "deva" which is basically they refer to as a non-human entity like wikipedia showed us...

Stop sterotyping... Deva in buddishm doesn't mean God..let me post the definition of Buddhist DEVA again for all..

A deva (देव Sanskrit and Pāli) in Buddhism is one of many different types of non-human beings who share the characteristics of being more powerful, longer-lived, and, in general, much happier than humans, although none of them are worthy of worship
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deva_(Buddhism)

Oga stop been foolish. Deva is a God but not in the sense of monotheistic God. This mean it is not a creator being or supreme being as God is depicted in western world.

Deva in Sanskrit is देव and in english mean God. https://translate.google.com/m?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&ie=UTF-8&prev=_m&q=%E0%A4%A6%E0%A5%87%E0%A4%B5

The difference here lies in concept and not word. As the concept remains, it is different only to supreme being or the personified creator in the sense of monotheism.

Let me school you now. I hope you will pay for my service.

This is the gods in buddhism.

1 Yama https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yama

In Buddhism, Yama ( Sanskrit: ) is a dharmapala (wrathful god) said to judge the dead and preside over the Narakas ("Hells" or "Purgatories"wink and the cycle of rebirth.

research for the others pls.

Yama the God of Death, Mara the tempter deity....Deva in sanskrit means a god/demigod (Like an angel or something). Brahmā, Asura, Śakra, Yaksha, Sariputta, Tara, Kwan Yin and many other Gods are found in Buddhism. Asura means Demons, naraka (hell) and nirvana (heaven).
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Weah96: 6:07pm On Aug 11, 2015
johnydon22:
So do we take it that you believe non-abrahamic God concepts? like Scandanivian Gods, egyptian Gods, sumerian Gods, Igbo Gods? you only disbelieve abrahamic Gods? lets get you clearly

Those are conventional Gods. I don't believe in any.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:13pm On Aug 11, 2015
johnydon22:
The day you will learn to stop unfounded sterotypes your arguments will become sound and straight..

Buddha is not worshipped as a God just like Catholic revere Mary but not as a God..

Catholics pray to saints and even other christian denominations invoke angels in their prayers. . .Reverance (worship) of a thing does not connote Theism..

I worship my mum, this doesn't make me theisitic or make my mother a deity, it is basically reverance...

Buddhist practises are within the dimension of "Organized Religion" Not Theistic... You still have to go grab what "Theism" really is like i adviced ealier..

Again stop sterotypes, you always murder your argument with it smiley

Oh my goodness?

Who is Yama?

In Buddhism, Yama ( Sanskrit: ) is a dharmapala (wrathful god) said to judge the dead and preside over the Narakas ("Hells" or "Purgatories"wink and the cycle of rebirth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yama
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrathful_deities
http://www.abuddhistlibrary.com/Buddhism/A%20-%20Tibetan%20Buddhism/Subjects/Tantra/Introductory%20essays/Deities/Deities.htm

I dont have time for this your dumbness.

If you cant see wrathful god there, then become blind and foolish forever.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:15pm On Aug 11, 2015
krayzieklay:

ad homien
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Weah96: 6:17pm On Aug 11, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Pantheistic atheist you are. Not just atheist. That is what you do not want to accept.

I believe somedays, atheism will be synonymous to insanity and psalm 14:1 will be affirmed. It is not an insult but just saying the fact. Because atheism is disbelieve in God existence but God ever exist either as an entity, idea or concept.

You are insane. A vegetarian says that he doesn't eat meat, and you agree with that statement because you wrote it earlier.

Although vegetables are meats, sane people recognize and understand the connotation of the word, that the man is talking about animals.

You on the other hand, not only recognize the connotation of what the atheist means by God, but it has been CLARIFIED for you. There is probably a committee charged with removing words from the English language. Forward your complaints to them. You are making a fool out of yourself.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Weah96: 6:23pm On Aug 11, 2015
basille:
If they fit your description of gods, then don't you think they are gods? and doesn't that void your beliefs?

No, because I don't consider them as distinct personalities, but as characteristics of the universe and my consciousness. I won't object to the nomenclature though, if you want to call them Gods, then by all means, be my guest.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by johnydon22(m): 6:25pm On Aug 11, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Oga stop been foolish. Deva is a God but not in the sense of monotheistic God. This mean it is not a creator being or supreme being as God is depicted in western world.

Deva in Sanskrit is देव and in english mean God. https://translate.google.com/m?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&ie=UTF-8&prev=_m&q=%E0%A4%A6%E0%A5%87%E0%A4%B5

The difference here lies in concept and not word. As the concept remains, it is different only to supreme being or the personified creator in the sense of monotheism.
Aaaaw still clutching unto the desperate need to assert Deva in Buddhism means God..lol..

I think i have made it clear enough that "Deva" in BUDDHISM is a non-human entity... And aslo the word Deva can still used as god... Your confusion stems from your sterotype of Buddhist Deva and the Sanskrit word Deva....

Let me school you now. I hope you will pay for my service.

This is the gods in buddhism.

1 Yama https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yama

research for the others pls.

Yama the God of Death, Mara the tempter deity....Deva in sanskrit means a god/demigod (Like an angel or something). Brahmā, Asura, Śakra, Yaksha, Sariputta, Tara, Kwan Yin and many other Gods are found in Buddhism. Asura means Demons, naraka (hell) and nirvana (heaven).
And you actually thought you brought up a point..

You forgot to mention that Yama is a Hindu concept from the Hindu canonical text Rigveda. . . It was a wild spread ancient asian belief and in no way a Buddhist concept..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yama people should read and see for themselves..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Weah96: 6:28pm On Aug 11, 2015
Folykaze, answer me this. A man walks up to you and says that he is a truck driver. Would you ask him if he is a golf club or how a golf club can drive trucks?
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:30pm On Aug 11, 2015
johnydon22:
Aaaaw still clutching unto the desperate need to assert Deva in Buddhism means God..lol..

I think i have made it clear enough that "Deva" in BUDDHISM is a non-human entity... And aslo the word Deva can still used as god... Your confusion stems from your sterotype of Buddhist Deva and the Sanskrit word Deva....

And you actually thought you brought up a point..

You forgot to mention that Yama is a Hindu concept from the Hindu canonical text Rigveda. . . It was a wild spread ancient asian belief and in no way a Buddhist concept..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yama people should read and see for themselves..

And you are too blind to see that Yama is one of the wrathful deities in buddhism?

I dont have time for this kind of dumbness.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by johnydon22(m): 6:32pm On Aug 11, 2015
Weah96:

Those are conventional Gods. I don't believe in any.
Exactly what i wanted to hear... Please always encompass all these God concepts when ever you want to list Gods you disbelieve because saying "abrahamic gods" sends the wrong message..

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Weah96: 6:33pm On Aug 11, 2015
theunusualmoon:

Before we begin to delve into different denominations.Let us consider the term GOD I.e a higher being. Do you believe this being exists or not? Please give one reason for your answer.

The word being is a loaded term. Intelligence is more appropriate. I have reasons to believe that Nature itself is intelligent. But you won't agree with me on calling it a being, would you? The people who fall off buildings certainly don't like her.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:35pm On Aug 11, 2015
Weah96:
Folykaze, answer me this. A man walks up to you and says that he is a truck driver. Would you ask him if he is a golf club or how a golf club can drive trucks?

This has nothing to do with the OP.

The OP aked you why you think God does not exist. Provide answer here or further ask him what he mean by God. Answering him thereafter without clarity mean you understand what god is. So I dont understand why you hold unto Jehovah as if it is the only thing thay is god
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by frank317: 6:44pm On Aug 11, 2015
krayzieklay:

Wow!!! U just described how I feel when I listen to him. And the fact he us so persistent... Gosh.

@Folykaze.
I believe my dogs head is the flying spaghetti monster. So now do you believe flying spaghetti monster exist?

You must believeoooo because saying it doesn't means my dogs head doesn't esist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:54pm On Aug 11, 2015
frank317:

Wow!!! U just described how I feel when I listen to him. And the fact he us so persistent... Gosh.

@Folykaze.
I believe my dogs head is the flying spaghetti monster. So now do you believe flying spaghetti monster exist?

You must believeoooo because saying it doesn't means my dogs head doesn't esist.

That is your problem.

This does not stop animist from revering the divine dog

Is there any conception that states that dog head is FGM?

What does FGM has to do with dog head?
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by basille(m): 7:09pm On Aug 11, 2015
Weah96:

No, because I don't consider them as distinct personalities, but as characteristics of the universe and my consciousness. I won't object to the nomenclature though, if you want to call them Gods, then by all means, be my guest.

What are your beliefs, i assumed you were an atheist?
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by charlesikhalea(m): 7:20pm On Aug 11, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

The question is simple. Why do you think God does not exist?

I am hitting weah96 because he left the question and throws in Jehovah and Allah.

The christians believe in Jehovah but do not believe in Allah. While both are Gods, and what he is been asked, he nneds to tell us why he disbelieve in God and not just Allah

Have u ever seen God? U re questioning people about what u don't even understand..... If u want people to believe in ur God or Gods or whatever u talking about, show some proof.... U re unequipped for what u re about to go into, anybody that argues with u is doing so out of fun, almost everything that happens in this works can be explained by science, the remaining few will only take time....u keep talking about vegetarians, at least we can see vegetables, ur God can't be seen or felt, bring prove then u n the Op can have a case
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:24pm On Aug 11, 2015
charlesikhalea:

Have u ever seen God? U re questioning people about what u don't even understand..... If u want people to believe in ur God or Gods or whatever u talking about, show some proof.... U re unequipped for what u re about to go into, anybody that argues with u is doing so out of fun, almost everything that happens in this works can be explained by science, the remaining few will only take time....u keep talking about vegetarians, at least we can see vegetables, ur God can't be seen or felt, bring prove then u n the Op can have a case

Another trash. I have seen the Gods. I can see them clearly at night. I am astrolatrist.

An atheist attests that Ra, an egyptian god exist even on this thread.

So run along
So what evidence are you looking for?
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Weah96: 7:29pm On Aug 11, 2015
basille:
What are your beliefs, i assumed you were an atheist?

Anti conventional-theist atheist to be precise. I welcome any discussion in which we discuss some of the "magical" possibilities afforded by the natural universe.

As far as conventional Gods, and visible objects of worship, I believe in none of them.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Eddlad: 7:34pm On Aug 11, 2015
Weah96:

The universe created itself through its mother nature and father time.

And you know this how? Are you talking big bang?(I don't mind an epistle now)
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by basille(m): 7:40pm On Aug 11, 2015
Weah96:

Anti conventional-theist atheist to be precise. I welcome any discussion in which we discuss some of the "magical" possibilities afforded by the natural universe.

As far as conventional Gods, and visible objects of worship, I believe in none of them.
That settles it then. Do you believe in a non conventional God or "Source of all things" like say consciousness?
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by charlesikhalea(m): 8:47pm On Aug 11, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Another trash. I have seen the Gods. I can see them clearly at night. I am astrolatrist.

An atheist attests that Ra, an egyptian god exist even on this thread.

So run along
So what evidence are you looking for?

Eh!! Little child, careful with ur words.....like I said only for fun will a person argue with the likes of u...whoever attested to ....... Is not me, so if u have nothing better to do, try getting a life
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:05pm On Aug 11, 2015
charlesikhalea:

Eh!! Little child, careful with ur words.....like I said only for fun will a person argue with the likes of u...whoever attested to ....... Is not me, so if u have nothing better to do, try getting a life

another tantrum
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Weah96: 9:26pm On Aug 11, 2015
Eddlad:

And you know this how? Are you talking big bang?(I don't mind an epistle now)

I don't know. But all the evidence points to the fact that an explosion occurred, separating everything you currently see today from an infinitesimally tiny point. Everything is one, which explains the need for the same basic unit of organization.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Weah96: 9:40pm On Aug 11, 2015
basille:
That settles it then. Do you believe in a non conventional God or "Source of all things" like say consciousness?

Yea. I believe in MYSELF. Not my human self, but the self which acts as the main character in my dreams. Freud called it the ID. I call it God.

Coincidentally, I've never seen my own face in my dreams. LOL.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Weah96: 9:46pm On Aug 11, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

This has nothing to do with the OP.

The OP aked you why you think God does not exist. Provide answer here or further ask him what he mean by God. Answering him thereafter without clarity mean you understand what god is. So I dont understand why you hold unto Jehovah as if it is the only thing thay is god

Are you mad? Did you not read my reply to the OP? I forgot. You don't read. You only wait to see the words atheist and God together before you begin to pleasure yourself.

A vegetarian tells you that meat is bad for the body. You disagree claiming that he too eats meat. Are you not looking to start a fistfight?
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Weah96: 9:59pm On Aug 11, 2015
plaetton:
@Deepsight

Why is it so much easier to speak about a supreme self-existent mystery being than supreme self-existent natural processes that beget all things in the universe?

Lets be honest.
Could it be just mental laziness?

Abeg, please ask them again.

The problem for them is, if the universe is God, then the manufacturers of holy books, and the urchins who peddle their messages, will be out of business.

God must be a being, because of the talking business. There is a monetary reward, IN THIS LIFE, that is attached to making the creator a talking being. Someone wants to feed their family by claiming that it spoke to him in his native language.

There is no way to get money, or p*ssy for that matter, from saying that the universe created itself. It will be harder to move the books off the shelves.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? / Open Heavens Daily Devotional / Karma And Curses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.