Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,041 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

The Weah96 Challenge. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Weah96 Challenge. (9932 Views)

The Great Challenge For Christians / One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Weah96: 3:58pm On Aug 12, 2015
theunusualmoon:

Well it's good to know you and young jeezy are one and same.
It is also good to know you're not an atheist(correct me if I am wrong) and this means you and those who have chosen to believe in a certain GOD have a right to their opinions so maybe you should stop spitting venom on those who have chosen a certain path.
As for me I believe the earth and its mechanisms are too organised to be referred as a coincidence or a big bang accident.I believe it was CAREFULLY designed.

Jeezy is revered by me. That's all. Call him God or Jeezy, it really doesn't matter, it's just a play on words.

Right to an opinion? Is the bible an opinion? The bible refutes ITSELF or it refutes the veracity of EVERYONE who calls himself a Christian or Jesus follower.

Who said that the big bang was an accident? Does mother nature do things by accident or by her nature? It wasn't an accident. It was carefully arranged by the universe itself, not an alien or humanoid being with consciousness.

1 Like

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Weah96: 4:30pm On Aug 12, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Tell us basically you are not atheist to non-conventional Gods. The pagan Gods

I worship my higher SELF. If that is a pagan deity, then I've been schooled. There are no books, no rituals, just quick moments of acknowledgment.

I only began doing that after realizing that my higher self is basically indestructible, kinda like the original Green Lantern.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Weah96: 4:35pm On Aug 12, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Tell us basically you are not atheist to non-conventional Gods. The pagan Gods

Must a vegetarian tell you that he doesn't HATE meat from plants.

George Carlin prayed to the sun, claiming that his returns were 50/50. He also called himself an atheist.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:47pm On Aug 12, 2015
Weah96:

I worship my higher SELF. If that is a pagan deity, then I've been schooled. There are no books, no rituals, just quick moments of acknowledgment.

I only began doing that after realizing that my higher self is basically indestructible, kinda like the original Green Lantern.

evidence to this pls.

Atheist believing and worshipping non evident God. What a joke
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by DeepSight(m): 4:50pm On Aug 12, 2015
Who said that the big bang was an accident? Does mother nature do things by accident or by her nature? It wasn't an accident. It was carefully arranged by the universe itself, not an alien or humanoid being with consciousness.

Wow, wow, wow, ALL STAND UP AND SALUTE THIS RARE GENIUS PLEASE! I have never seen such profound knowledge and genius before in my life, hats off to you sir, for evidently you have a complete view and clear picture of the entire nature of the universe and its origin and its workings, you really deserve a Nobel Prize, as there is certainly no scientist in this world who has such a clear and certain picture of what you have just revealed to us.

We are most grateful for imparting this great knowledge sir, may you live long in the land of your fathers.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:51pm On Aug 12, 2015
Weah96:

Must a vegetarian tell you that he doesn't HATE meat from plants.

George Carlin prayed to the sun, claiming that his returns were 50/50. He also called himself an atheist.

He is a joke.

Atheism is disbelieve in the existence of God.

Weah96 who is an atheist believe a God exist.

Now lets put a stop to the joke
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by macof(m): 5:12pm On Aug 12, 2015
Folykaze.

"God" doesn't draw from the term "divine" so it doesn't mean divine status. .. rather divine status draws from God

God in philosophy is simply a concept to what isn't ordinarily seen to be communicated with (to understand a phenomena in various measures)

In Rome, Venus is the God of Lust
The romans and Greeks knew well the difference between their concept of Lust (Venus) and the plain act of Lust itself

While many traditions saw lust as evil, they saw it as divine (from God). Know an atheist among the romans might reject the roman concept of Lust (which is Venus) but still believe that lust(libido) itself exist

You see "God" "divine" etc are just misunderstood in this era
Even the awesome Spartacus was said to not believe the Gods existed but he surely believed in War (without believing Ares the concept of war)

And is plaetton the jesus of atheism? Do all atheist strive to be like him?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:37pm On Aug 12, 2015
macof:
Folykaze.

"God" doesn't draw from the term "divine" so it doesn't mean divine status. .. rather divine status draws from God

God in philosophy is simply a concept to what isn't ordinarily seen to be communicated with (to understand a phenomena in various measures)

In Rome, Venus is the God of Lust
The romans and Greeks knew well the difference between their concept of Lust (Venus) and the plain act of Lust itself

While many traditions saw lust as evil, they saw it as divine (from God). Know an atheist among the romans might reject the roman concept of Lust (which is Venus) but still believe that lust(libido) itself exist

You see "God" "divine" etc are just misunderstood in this era
Even the awesome Spartacus was said to not believe the Gods existed but he surely believed in War (without believing Ares the concept of war)

And is plaetton the jesus of atheism? Do all atheist strive to be like him?

Macof.

With all due resprect bro, you have not answered any of my questions in the other post. Allyou wrote is frankly pointless.

Go back and address my post.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Weah96: 5:45pm On Aug 12, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Weah96 who is an atheist believe a God exist.

Now lets put a stop to the joke

I believe that I exist, dude. That I decide to call myself a God is inconsequential to the fundamental argument of atheism, this God doesn't influence reality in any magical ways.

Do you want me to bring up the analogy about vegetables again?

1 Like

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Weah96: 6:09pm On Aug 12, 2015
theunusualmoon:

So weah96 why do you neeed proof before you believe GOD exists?

Gods vary. I don't need proof of the unconventional ones to which Folykaze refers. A pencil, for example, is a real object. If you show me a pencil and say, 'this is God,' I won't object to your nomenclature. The most I'll do is ask for clarification.

However, if you bring a book and say that it was dictated by a remote spirit person who intends for it to serve as the ultimate human guide on morality, then expect me to have some questions after reading it. Especially, if r)ape, genocide, and tribalism are being sanctioned right off the jump.

3 Likes

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by macof(m): 6:34pm On Aug 12, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Macof.

With all due resprect bro, you have not answered any of my questions in the other post. Allyou wrote is frankly pointless.

Go back and address my post.

Dude all u are trying to do is force god on others

If my post is pointless to u even with the libido and Venus analogy then u are truly confused and quiet reflection is what you need

I don't have to address every word but the entire message in whole...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by macof(m): 6:49pm On Aug 12, 2015
And oh btw a Person is not an atheist just because he says he is.

If one beliefs in the pantheist God then he is pantheist not atheist

the issue here is how you seem to force Gaia on someone who said he doesn't believe in that concept just because what the concept is trying to explain is something that exist (the earth)

Tell me must I believe in Gaia mother of Uranus? How can I explain the earth birthing the sky? Little things like this drive people to total disbelief

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:59pm On Aug 12, 2015
Weah96:

I believe that I exist, dude. That I decide to call myself a God is inconsequential to the fundamental argument of atheism, this God doesn't influence reality in any magical ways.

Do you want me to bring up the analogy about vegetables again?

In Yoruba spiritualism, one higher self is a God. Prayers are made to it, sacrifice are made to it.

Is that the type of God you admit you believe?
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by theunusualmoon(m): 7:05pm On Aug 12, 2015
Quoting weah69:

"Who said that the big bang was an accident? Does mother nature do things by accident or by her nature? It wasn't an accident. It was carefully arranged by the universe itself, not an alien or humanoid being with consciousness."

Do we conclude that you believe in god and in your opinion the universe is god?
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:21pm On Aug 12, 2015
macof:

Dude all u are trying to do is force god on others
If my post is pointless to u even with the libido and Venus analogy then u are truly confused and quiet reflection is what you need
I don't have to address every word but the entire message in whole...

What nonsense is this?

Lol

I asked you what the difference between Ogun the deity and Metal is and all you could do is insult my person. Bro, I do not want to go down that path with you.

I am asking you to explain yourself. How is God different from the plain nature of God? I presented two local deities/sacred entity and all you could do is to jump at greek Gods. Like wtf?

Ogun is the God of Iron. How is it different from Metal?

How is Ogun that drink blood like the Yoruba believe different from Sword that cuts?

How is Ogun that eat plant sap different from the Cutlass we use to cut plant?

Do I need to source out where you said Ogun the deity is Iron? I wont do that but pls tell us the difference between Ogun the bone moulder and calcium.

How is Iroko the sacred tree different from the ones in sawmill?

I dont yet understand how I am forcing my perception of God on others. We have argued this on different occassions and I will always hold my position that a deity is the samething as the essense it represent.

Sango is eletrical energy, thunder, justice and lightening. Telling me you dont believe in Sango is the same thing as telling me you dont believe in Justice or everyother thing Sango represent.

When next you see a hunter praying that Ogun will not bath with his blood, note that he mean Ogun (metalic objects) will not struck into his body.

When driver says the same thing, he mean his vechile (metalic body) wont cause his sudden death.

In the real sense, Ogun is a metalic object.

So when you tell me that you dont believe Ogun drink, bath and eat blood, I will just look at you like you mad person.

I hold the ground that a deity is the same thing as the essense it holds.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:23pm On Aug 12, 2015
theunusualmoon:
Quoting weah69:

"Who said that the big bang was an accident? Does mother nature do things by accident or by her nature? It wasn't an accident. It was carefully arranged by the universe itself, not an alien or humanoid being with consciousness."

You dey mind Macof and weah96?

I only dont understand what is wrong with my brother.

Weah96 is running from his shadow.

Loooolll
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Weah96: 7:36pm On Aug 12, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

In Yoruba spiritualism, one higher self is a God. Prayers are made to it, sacrifice are made to it.

Is that the type of God you admit you believe?

I'm unfamiliar with Yoruba spiritualism, but I'm well aware of the different parts of human consciousness from years of psychedelic drug use.

I couldn't imagine offering a sacrifice to MYSELF, but praying to oneself is not farfetched. It's akin to a sprinter who stretches before he runs. It doesn't guarantee a victory (there are other sprinters stretching too), but it allows him to generate his maximum performance at that point in time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:41pm On Aug 12, 2015
Weah96:

I'm unfamiliar with Yoruba spiritualism, but I'm well aware of the different parts of human consciousness from years of psychedelic drug use.

Ori and consciousness is God. You agree to this.

Weah96:

I couldn't imagine offering a sacrifice to MYSELF, but praying to oneself is not farfetched. It's akin to a sprinter who stretches before he runs. It doesn't guarantee a victory (there are other sprinters stretching too), but it allows him to generate his maximum performance at that point in time.

Does all prayers guarantee victory? Nope.

But in which ever way you choose to pray to yourself, I will like to know if you do pray to yourself.

Macof pls follow this Aborisha forming atheist

1 Like

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Weah96: 8:03pm On Aug 12, 2015
theunusualmoon:
Quoting weah69:

I believe in my self as God, Folykaze just brought it to my attention that this is the same belief held by Yoruba spiritualists. The only difference is, I don't sacrifice things to MYSELF, and I don't engage in rituals or ceremonies of any kind.

I present the universe as God when conventional theists begin to use their infinite regression argument to posit a remote, and historically tribalistic creator. If the God being cannot have a creator, then why should the universe have one? It is certainly vast enough to encompass all sorts of tricks that could potentially confound the human imagination.

A roofer slips from the roof of a building, splattering his brains on the concrete below.

Which part of that event was an accident? Think about it. Everything worked as designed, his shoes, the roof material, his pants, everything did its job according to nature. It is our ego that determines what an accident is.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Weah96: 8:11pm On Aug 12, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Ori and consciousness is God. You agree to this.

Does all prayers guarantee victory? Nope.

But in which ever way you choose to pray to yourself, I will like to know if you do pray to yourself.

Macof pls follow this Aborisha forming atheist

Certain holy books have a recipe that guarantees victory. Do this, do that, say this, and the mountain will move.

What is aborisha?
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by macof(m): 8:36pm On Aug 12, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

What nonsense is this?

Lol

I asked you what the difference between Ogun the deity and Metal is and all you could do is insult my person. Bro, I do not want to go down that path with you.

I am asking you to explain yourself. How is God different from the plain nature of God? I presented two local deities/sacred entity and all you could do is to jump at greek Gods. Like wtf?

Ogun is the God of Iron. How is it different from Metal?

How is Ogun that drink blood like the Yoruba believe different from Sword that cuts?

How is Ogun that eat plant sap different from the Cutlass we use to cut plant?

Do I need to source out where you said Ogun the deity is Iron? I wont do that but pls tell us the difference between Ogun the bone moulder and calcium.

How is Iroko the sacred tree different from the ones in sawmill?

I dont yet understand how I am forcing my perception of God on others. We have argued this on different occassions and I will always hold my position that a deity is the samething as the essense it represent.

Sango is eletrical energy, thunder, justice and lightening. Telling me you dont believe in Sango is the same thing as telling me you dont believe in Justice or everyother thing Sango represent.

When next you see a hunter praying that Ogun will not bath with his blood, note that he mean Ogun (metalic objects) will not struck into his body.

When driver says the same thing, he mean his vechile (metalic body) wont cause his sudden death.

In the real sense, Ogun is a metalic object.

So when you tell me that you dont believe Ogun drink, bath and eat blood, I will just look at you like you mad person.

I hold the ground that a deity is the same thing as the essense it holds.
gringrin you just added Ogun to your last post. .it wasn't there when I first read it

Folykaze do you want to keep believing this bold parts or you are interested in expanding ur understanding?
Because I think we are going back and forth

Btw what is wrong with Greeks. ..they are among the earliest people to use God to explain Nature

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by macof(m): 9:14pm On Aug 12, 2015
Weah96:

Certain holy books have a recipe that guarantees victory. Do this, do that, say this, and the mountain will move.

What is aborisha?

A bo orisa - one that venerate Orisa
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by theunusualmoon(m): 9:23pm On Aug 12, 2015
Weah96:

I believe in my self as God, Folykaze just brought it to my attention that this is the same belief held by Yoruba spiritualists. The only difference is, I don't sacrifice things to MYSELF, and I don't engage in rituals or ceremonies of any kind.

I present the universe as God when conventional theists begin to use their infinite regression argument to posit a remote, and historically tribalistic creator. If the God being cannot have a creator, then why should the universe have one? It is certainly vast enough to encompass all sorts of tricks that could potentially confound the human imagination.

A roofer slips from the roof of a building, splattering his brains on the concrete below.

Which part of that event was an accident? Think about it. Everything worked as designed, his shoes, the roof material, his pants, everything did its job according to nature. It is our ego that determines what an accident is.

An old woman steps out of the shower onto a tiled ground, she slips,hits her head on the floor and dies. Will our ego come to play before we consider this an accident?
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:07pm On Aug 12, 2015
macof:
gringrin you just added Ogun to your last post. .it wasn't there when I first read it

Folykaze do you want to keep believing this bold parts or you are interested in expanding ur understanding?
Because I think we are going back and forth

Btw what is wrong with Greeks. ..they are among the earliest people to use God to explain Nature

Have you seen me talking about greek Gods once? I know very little about them so I choose to stick to only that which I know.

I just added Ogun to my last post ke?

Mr, Yoruba understand nature and explain it to their own understanding. You know my position and that I will always stand on it. The deities IS the samething as the essence it represent.

I guess an answer to my questions will provide better understanding to you.

How is Ogun the onija ole different from the sword drives into the heart of robbers victim?

How is the Ogun bone moulder different from Calcium?

How the Ogun the blood sucker different from the sharp metalic object that cuts the skin?

Let me add Sanponna, how can you separate it from chicken pox?

This is the third time I will be asking this question without an answer coming from you.

So Mr Macof, the line is draw. Fall in sir.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by Weah96: 10:09pm On Aug 12, 2015
theunusualmoon:

An old woman steps out of the shower onto a tiled ground, she slips,hits her head on the floor and dies. Will our ego come to play before we consider this an accident?

Yes. Nothing is an accident. The event is perfectly NATURAL and every conducive element was NECESSARY and PRESENT. Time and nature represent immovable objects.

1 Like

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by theunusualmoon(m): 7:52am On Aug 13, 2015
Weah96:

Yes. Nothing is an accident. The event is perfectly NATURAL and every conducive element was NECESSARY and PRESENT. Time and nature represent immovable objects.
Wow,so we have moved from GOD exists or not into "accidents are perfectly natural.they don't exist". I guess you chose to tow this line in a bid to defend the big bang theory(which I don't believe in) being itself a natural process and not an accident. Ok let's see. How about the stuff that happened to michael shumacher while he was skiing,what do we call that?
And how about paul walker's death?
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by frank317: 8:28am On Aug 13, 2015
theunusualmoon:

Wow,so we have moved from GOD exists or not into "accidents are perfectly natural.they don't exist". I guess you chose to tow this line in a bid to defend the big bang theory(which I don't believe in) being itself a natural process and not an accident. Ok let's see. How about the stuff that happened to michael shumacher while he was skiing,what do we call that?
And how about paul walker's death?

You obviously refuse to learn. He is trying to to tell you that accident is just a Human concept that nature does not understand.
I think I go with him and it makes perfect sense. We were not here when the world began, but we chose to call events that don't go well with our sense of natural order of things 'accident'.
But do we think we are here by accident? No. Then how is it possible we are not here by accident when we believe in accident.
But the fact is that its just a human concept. Because nature continues being nature.
This concept of accident is the reason why humans created God. They needed a being that would help makes sense of the senseless. They needed someone perfect who would be seen as beyond accident.
But how has the creation of God helped reduce accident (a word we coined)?
Pastors preach your life will be perfect if we are in tune with God, but are ready to give excuses when 'accidents' happen.
Well... Why then do we call the big bang an accident when in the real sense accidents don't exist... Its just nature being natural.

Thanks weah for the insight.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by theunusualmoon(m): 8:37am On Aug 13, 2015
@frank317, I would have considered you worthy enough to discuss with if you hadn't started your input with "you refuse to learn"......people like you turn harmless threads into fights.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by frank317: 9:06am On Aug 13, 2015
theunusualmoon:
@frank317, I would have considered you worthy enough to discuss with if you hadn't started your input with "you refuse to learn"......people like you turn harmless threads into fights.

I didnt mean to fight u. Just stating what I observed. Sometimes discussions go round and round when one party refuse to carfully think through what the other said.
The fact still remains... No one has seen God! What exactly is your point when you tell someone to believe in God.
How do you even discuss meaningfully with someone who believes in an invisible being and sees you another who don't believe in something invisible as unreasonable?
It is obvious... If you really carefully think it through, if you can just let go of your dogma, if you call realise yourself from the shackles of life long indoctrination, if you can ask yourself the right questions.. You will see that if there was really a God overseeing this world, it will never never be in this condition.

2 Likes

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by theunusualmoon(m): 9:13am On Aug 13, 2015
frank317:

I didnt mean to fight u. Just stating what I observed. Sometimes discussions go round and round when one party refuse to carfully think through what the other said.
The fact still remains... No one has seen God! What exactly is your point when you tell someone to believe in God.
How do you even discuss meaningfully with someone who believes in an invisible being and sees you another who don't believe in something invisible as unreasonable?
It is obvious... If you really carefully think it through, if you can just let go of your dogma, if you call realise yourself from the shackles of life long indoctrination, if you can ask yourself the right questions.. You will see that if there was really a God overseeing this world, it will never never be in this condition.
You're filled with so many assumptions.
Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by frank317: 9:48am On Aug 13, 2015
theunusualmoon:

You're filled with so many assumptions.

Assumptions? By not believing in an invisible being? How pls?

1 Like

Re: The Weah96 Challenge. by theunusualmoon(m): 10:08am On Aug 13, 2015
frank317:

Assumptions? By not believing in an invisible being? How pls?
Assumptions about who theunusualmoon is and what he believes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Coverless Lebanese Girls Burning #ISIS Flagsā€¦ / How To Stump An Atheist... / EVERY HUMAN'S SPIRIT EAT FOOD WHAT KIND DOES YOURS EAT?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.