Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,014 members, 7,835,435 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Lessons From My Marriage - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lessons From My Marriage (76934 Views)

'I Left My Marriage After My Wife Sat On Me And I Fainted' - Man Reveals. Photo / I Almost Lost My Marriage Over ‘april Fool’ Prank –woman / My Marriage Has Finally Ended (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lessons From My Marriage by Solution4u0(m): 1:47pm On Sep 20, 2015
Make u no mind d woman, l beleiv dat wen she graduate frm skul, som urgly guy wit great vision wil beg her to 4 mariage she no wil nt agree, but nw she blame her self , because of handsom, make she dey cary d cros of handsom nw, other lady wil learn

1 Like

Re: Lessons From My Marriage by sukkot: 1:49pm On Sep 20, 2015
kosplateau:

be guided...not every PhD holder wants to teach...u can go into research.
research what ? with all the researching not one single thiing is produced or manufactured in nigeria. all imported. phd is a waste of energy time and resource unless you want to be a university lecturer

1 Like

Re: Lessons From My Marriage by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 20, 2015
freshvine:

He was working right until now? Do you know that one of my friend the husband lost his banking job and took to cab driving but she has to stop him. It was too demeaning for her young family. Thereafter he join a refuse collecting company and the mostly work late in the night and early morning just to support his family and yet again my friend kick against it asking the hubby to sit at home until she saves enough money to enable him start a good well funded business. This is pure expression of love.

I'd not exonerate the husband of laid charges but they should strike a balance in their family income.
She praised the husband but FINANCE is the problem of this marriage.
good one...a man is always a failure when without money.
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by TolaniLuv: 1:51pm On Sep 20, 2015
goldenruby:
Hmmmmm. Looks to me like there's really no rule that governs the marriage institution.
Well for me, A man's physical Beauty is absolutely irrelevant! Give me a 'gorilla-looking' man if he's got the most handsome heart and ready to lay down for his family, I'd be ready to compliment his looks

One hella Story For The Gods
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 20, 2015
sukkot:
research what ? with all the researching not one single thiing is produced or manufactured in nigeria. all imported. phd is a waste of energy time and resource unless you want to be a university lecturer
She can migrate...it is her passion...bragging right too.
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by tpiander: 1:53pm On Sep 20, 2015
MoltenMagma:

Sometimes, infact most times your fingers run faster than your brain.

If you don't understand what the op wants then read the post again and stop the crap.

edwife:

gringrin

booqee:
since you have no clue as to what to do or say..you could've just jump and pass the thread..but no, my leprous hands went ahead, clicked reply to type this shi!t...? did u realise the op isn't seeking for ur solution or opinion but just trying to pass a message for people to learn from? hence the topic "lessons from my marriage". did u even read d post at all?

mehn I give up on ur case!!!!!! tufiakwa!!! angry

laserjet:

yeey!!..mo gbe!!...oro!

cyprus000:

[size=13pt]
Why the aggression

Are you in league with the lazy babylon who doesn't know what it means to be a man.
[/size]

who else wants to join them?
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by Mobebi(m): 1:53pm On Sep 20, 2015
goldenruby:
Hmmmmm. Looks to me like there's really no rule that governs the marriage institution.
Well for me, A man's physical Beauty is absolutely irrelevant! Give me a 'gorilla-looking' man if he's got the most handsome heart and ready to lay down for his family, I'd be ready to compliment his looks

See them,Na so dem de talk...

lie...
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 20, 2015
TolaniLuv:

One hella Story For The Gods
she doesn't mean...they all want money and looks but money without looks is pardonable.
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by shankie: 1:56pm On Sep 20, 2015
u saw it befor u married him, but u fail to notice cos u are blinded by hansomeness, well noted
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by safarigirl(f): 1:57pm On Sep 20, 2015
freshvine:

He was working right until now? Do you know that one of my friend the husband lost his banking job and took to cab driving but she has to stop him. It was too demeaning for her young family. Thereafter he join a refuse collecting company and the mostly work late in the night and early morning just to support his family and yet again my friend kick against it asking the hubby to sit at home until she saves enough money to enable him start a good well funded business. This is pure expression of love.

I'd not exonerate the husband of laid charges but they should strike a balance in their family income.
She praised the husband but FINANCE is the problem of this marriage.
it is your friend that is choosing work for her husband. When a man wants to work, nothing is demeaning as long as it's legal. Has she raised the money now? Wouldn't it be better if he was doing something fruitful rather than idling at home? The OP wouldn't mind if it was cabu cabu her husband was doing, she's not choosing like your friend, but this man isn't even interested in helping himself unlike your friend's husband. Work is scarce enough

1 Like

Re: Lessons From My Marriage by Forwetinnah: 1:57pm On Sep 20, 2015
..i love good looking men, i won't settle for less but...you must be a MAN, a REAL MAN not some overgrown baby who needs to be tended to. No man of such will cross my path cause by the time I'm done with you with...you'll know women are mean!
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 20, 2015
Aitee1:
Hmmmmmmmm...timely piece!

Experience they say is the best teacher, guess it time to reason someone's matter! lipsrsealed

reason my matter na.. #Biggrin
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by tintingz(m): 1:59pm On Sep 20, 2015
Your husband didn't cheat or did he? undecided

1 Like

Re: Lessons From My Marriage by Pamelayoung: 2:00pm On Sep 20, 2015
D lord is ur strength!
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 20, 2015
bisifoundation:
I lived a very religious life in campus, and was not in any relationship at all. After school , I met this young handsome guy in 2006. Sincerely, I felt I didn’t not merit him because he is very handsome, while I am on the average beauty wise. The only thing that attracted me to him was the look. He was an hustler and lived a low income life. Throughout our courtship of 18months, He never gave me a dime. I came from a financially buoyant famiy, I therefore saw no need in asking him for anything, rather I was feeding him with three square meal. We got wedded in the year 2007, and I gave him the flower of my womanhood (virginity) but I was not really excited for just no reason.

My husband is a caring man, but nags a lot. He nags about the way I handle bathing soap, the way you arrange plates in kitchen, virtually everything. I most often skip for fear each time he wants to talk because I believe he wants to complain again.

I got a job before he did, but one thing I discover is that my husband spends his money without thinking about tomorrow and always depend on my salary to survive the family. In 2008, I gave birth to a set of triplet, and had to quit work to nurse my angels. He was very supportive then. He provided for all our needs and life was good. In 2012, my husband lost his job, I had to take over the family expenses again. I was running a masters degree program, doing many businesses, and still raising kids. I travelled every week in a bid to keep the family running. Each time, I complain about the stress I was passing through, he tells me I am lazy, that many women do more to sustain their families.

This is 2015, my husband prefers to allow me or my dad to pay the children tuition fee than for him to hustle. I am 100% responsible for the family upkeep. Every biz you introduce to my husband is downgrading to him. I am currently on my PHd degree, I am nursing a set of triplet, and still work hard to survive my family.

It is now that I realize that I married my husband because of his handsomeness, and that he is mentally very shallow. My husband thinks like a child and has virtually no plan for his family.

My simple advice for intending wives is this, looks (handsomeness or beauty) alone is not enough to choose a husband, marry a man that has great vision for his life, not the one that you will keep on dragging up.

Secondly, I believe my husband puts all the family responsibility on me because I was the one feeding him when we were dating. Please, let your guy know from day one that you need to be adored and taken care of like a beautiful flower.

To married men and women there, did you make some mistakes when choosing? Pls share with intending husbands and wives to help them make informed decision.

this lady Remind me of my mom ... Buh d only Diff is tat my Dad drove us out...

poor girl

2 Likes

Re: Lessons From My Marriage by Adaeze003(f): 2:02pm On Sep 20, 2015
The idea should be "don't get married for the wrong reasons". It's really not about how handsome he is.

Anyhoo... on behalf of the single peeps assoc, we hear ya.

Keep up the good work, do not relent.
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by Solution4u0(m): 2:02pm On Sep 20, 2015
I beleiv dat som urgly guy wit great vision hav aproach u , and u hav reject dem because they are nt handsom, u r after handsom by den, u r nw regreting, continue cary d cros of handsom nw, it wil a great lesson 4 other girls dat is afta handsom

1 Like

Re: Lessons From My Marriage by freecocoa(f): 2:02pm On Sep 20, 2015
5minsmadness:

Right now all I need is a woman I can wake up to in the morning, who gives me good food and great sex and who doesn't mind my catering for her. She should also be religious grin But not too much. The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom.
Okay then, good luck in your quest.smiley
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by tpiander: 2:02pm On Sep 20, 2015
ok, what are we supposed to do or say now?

I don't understand what exactly the op wants.

Op, come and tell us what you want us to do for you.
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by sukkot: 2:03pm On Sep 20, 2015
kosplateau:

She can migrate...it is her passion...bragging right too.
so you waste 2 years of your life just so you can brag you have a phd ? that shytt worked pre-internet age. it dont work no more. maybe it still works in nigeria but in every other part of the world they have wised up to the fact that every knowledge you need is at the click of a button on the internet. gone are the days when academicians were respected. you better wise up. and what do they teach you in that phd that most nigerian phd can hardly construct a correct sentence in english ? telling you phd is rubbish. no disrespect to OP but her command of english for a phd is not good
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 20, 2015
MoltenMagma:
Hmmmm...eleyi gidi gan o... You don enter one chance. Na for better for worse.

Love is blind but na for inside marriage eye dey clear

Lolz, true talk
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 20, 2015
Forwetinnah:
..i love good looking men, i won't settle for less but...you must be a MAN, a REAL MAN not some overgrown baby who needs to be tended to. No man of such will cross my path cause by the time I'm done with you with...you'll know women are mean!
remain unmarried.
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by Nobody: 2:04pm On Sep 20, 2015
tpiander:
ok, what are we supposed to do or say now?

I don't understand what exactly the op wants.

Op, come and tell us what you want us to do for you.

she gave u an advice...
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 20, 2015
sukkot:
so you waste 2 years of your life just so you can brag you have a phd ? that shytt worked pre-internet age. it dont work no more. maybe it still works in nigeria but in every other part of the world they have wised up to the fact that every knowledge you need is at the click of a button on the internet. gone are the days when academicians were respected. you better wise up. and what do they teach you in that phd that most nigerian phd can hardly construct a correct sentence in english ? telling you phd is rubbish. no disrespect to OP but her command of english for a phd is abysmal
she has no problems... change school for the kids and don't give births any more. Nigeria will remain Nigeria... corruption is not allowing many to marry even.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lessons From My Marriage by tpiander: 2:08pm On Sep 20, 2015
Goodboiyy:

she gave u an advice...

Ta ra eni lan gbo, seems she never heard that before.
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by Forwetinnah: 2:08pm On Sep 20, 2015
kosplateau:

remain unmarried.

Same to you....I'd rather remain single than have a spineless leech
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by yollychika(f): 2:10pm On Sep 20, 2015
U are great u dis woman kiss
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by Otugo007(m): 2:12pm On Sep 20, 2015
only a foolish man will leave his responsibility to his wife.
It is my duty to take care of my wife and children and I will NEVER leave it to my for any reason or what so ever.
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by cgniyi(m): 2:12pm On Sep 20, 2015
Ioannes:

How does posting this on Nairaland help your marriage weather the storm? instead of you to post your problems to God you are posting it here, were you told that God visits Nairaland ni?

...and my post concerns you how Mr. gibberish? or are you the spare husband ni? because the way u take rush defend her, u sure say nothing dey?

This is obviously the woman's husband here
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by phemark: 2:15pm On Sep 20, 2015
So sorry 4 ur stress but keep doing de right thing and leave him 2 his ignorance.

In my own case, its my wife dat will neva see y she need to work 4 money despite 2 kids. All dat matters 2 her is how to keep bringing baby to de world without any plan and dis is our sixty year in marriage.

Divource wld not solve much. Pls shine your eye U singles to avoid marrying LIABILITIES as spouse
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by tpiander: 2:15pm On Sep 20, 2015
cgniyi:

This is obviously the woman's husband here

are you implying this is a case of a moniker opening thread and masquerading as both the husband and wife replying each other with accusations and counter accusations? The usual nairaland scenario?
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by tpiander: 2:16pm On Sep 20, 2015
phemark:
So sorry 4 ur stress but keep doing de right thing and leave him 2 his ignorance.

In my own case, its my wife dat will neva see y she need to work 4 money despite 2 kids. All dat matters 2 her is how to keep bringing baby to de world without any plan and dis is our sixty year in marriage.

the bolded

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Wife Just Told Me She Has A Boyfriend And That There Is Nothing ℓ̊ Will Do / This Is How You Sleep When You Have No Bills To Pay [PHOTOS] / Woman Delivers Freak Black And White Twins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.