Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,621 members, 7,816,561 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. (67016 Views)

Don't Trust Any Woman Who Insists On Registry Wedding / What Is The Thing You Regret The Most From Your Past Relationships? / A Simple Mind Game To Know how your Bae feels about you. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. by misspicy(f): 12:05pm On Dec 26, 2015
elantraceey:

Nice one and very true but how many knows him and is close to him , hears his voice and is led by him? No matter how eager the holy spirit is to reveal something, he can't reveal it to a blind eye.
yeah right,if only we can open our eyes and spirit and not allow pastors do the enquires for us,a lot of people will be saved from marriage headaches

1 Like

Re: When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. by misspicy(f): 12:05pm On Dec 26, 2015
Odunharry:
You are... I see one in you
lmao,you are seeing things grin
Re: When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. by Vikky014(f): 12:06pm On Dec 26, 2015
bknight:

Maybe you, okay.

But marriage does not equate love. Two same yet separate things. People marry for different reasons.

We all wear our true selves all the time. Its the seeker who isn't paying attention to detail.
Reallyu mean sme1 can jst marry wtout evn loving d partner strange
Re: When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. by elantraceey(f): 12:10pm On Dec 26, 2015
Odunharry:
lol.. some women are professors in lies and deciets
Lolx, No one is refuting that.

1 Like

Re: When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. by AfroKnight: 12:10pm On Dec 26, 2015
Tell the ladies to open up. Espoecially those so called holy sisters.
Re: When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. by Odunharry(m): 12:10pm On Dec 26, 2015
misspicy:
lmao,you are seeing things grin
lol... actually a G.O
Re: When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. by bknight: 12:13pm On Dec 26, 2015
Vikky014:
Reallyu mean sme1 can jst marry wtout evn loving d partner strange

You need to be investigated grin

Odunharry, Just roger me the venue & the eagle will land
Re: When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. by misspicy(f): 12:15pm On Dec 26, 2015
Odunharry:
lol... actually a G.O
lol...na for your mind o tongue
Re: When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. by Vikky014(f): 12:24pm On Dec 26, 2015
bknight:

You need to be investigated grin

Odunharry, Just roger me the venue & the eagle will land
hian. meaning i dnt understand u ooo
Re: When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. by bknight: 12:44pm On Dec 26, 2015
Vikky014:
hian. meaning i dnt understand u ooo

What is the meaning of hian? I don't understand you ooo
Re: When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. by Vikky014(f): 12:47pm On Dec 26, 2015
bknight:

What is the meaning of hian? I don't understand you ooo
lol. go jare
Re: When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. by Odunharry(m): 12:53pm On Dec 26, 2015
misspicy:
lol...na for your mind o tongue
you suppose know na.. you no believe me... Close to 7000000 members
Re: When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. by Odunharry(m): 12:54pm On Dec 26, 2015
double post
Re: When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. by misspicy(f): 1:04pm On Dec 26, 2015
Odunharry:
you suppose know na.. you no believe me... Close to 7000000 members
in Helen paul's voice
if God willeth grin
Re: When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. by Odunharry(m): 1:19pm On Dec 26, 2015
misspicy:

in Helen paul's voice
if God willeth grin
The word will always stand
Re: When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. by Excellent7(m): 1:23pm On Dec 26, 2015
Toks2008:

There is this young sweet looking lady who happens to be a daughter of a family friend.

Honestly i was getting to like her but decides to calm down and not rush things.

This lady is a smooth talker and she has wowed me with her smooth talks of how decent and responsible she is but something happened last week and i would not have known if her dad did not open up to me.

She took permission from her dad that she wants to visit a friend that stays close by and will spend 5days with the friend..

They asked for the house address and phone number of her friwend she refused to give then then left home for 5days without calling the family to tell them where she is and her phobe was also switced off.

After 5days her phone goes tru just for her to tell me she is in Anambra and i was like O.M.G

I cald the dad to allay his fears that her number finally went tru and that she is fine and well in Anambra and that was when i knew she told her parents she was going to Egbeda...lol

In Anger,her dad gave me the story of this smooth talking lady and my jaw dropped..infact she is an isis in the family of jews to summarize the story.

So honestly most of us get carried away and we just assume that person is just ideal for us not knowing we are on a long thing.

grin grin grin
Many people are wearing masks, you need time, smartness and some patience to see the real person(s).
Without this incident, you can imagine the speed the Dad will have used to give her away to you in marriage if you had asked for her hand in marriage, thus outsourcing their family problem.
Of course they will be waiting for your tales of woe with their daughter (knowing you will surely come when you see) and the carefully prepared with standard palliative answers that does not touch the problem but turn your life to a nightmare (e.g. be patient with her, she will change, no marriage is always sweet,).
Sharp guy, Congrats you just smartly dodged a bullet!

3 Likes

Re: When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. by kingsilly(m): 1:59pm On Dec 26, 2015
Toks2008:
Have you always wondered why some people are quick to say "i don't want to talk about it" whenever a new person in their life asks why they broke up with an ex?

I guess most times people who are quick to waive the discussion might just have something sensitive they do not want to share because in many instances we tend to allow the feeling of initial gragra cloud our sense of reasoning and just fall in love with someone who was really a nightmare to his or her ex(es) no wonder why many companies ask for letter of reference from your past employer or someone that can really vouch for you.

My advice to ladies or guys who seem to lose their sense of reasoning due to "desperation to get married" is to calm down and do serious research on whoever they want to settle with.I believe if we all imbibe the culture of insisting that we speak one on one with an ex of our potential new partner or dig into their past,we will save ourselves unpleasant surprises and avoidable heart aches.

This is not just about believing whatever he or she tells you due to the decietful nature of people but its about making a thorough due diligence by speaking to a friend,neighbor,sibling,co-worker or even the ex of that person just to have a good picture of who you are about to commit yourself to.

I know this sounds funny but i believe its reasonable and this is the secret of long lasting marriages of our parents because in those days,they don't joke with due diligence up to the generations of the great grand parents of the potential spouse..lol!.

Many men have lost their lives indulging with married ladies who lied to them that they are single as well as many men losing all they ever worked for to a dangerous gold digger as well as evil ladies and many ladies have ended up getting deeply involved with a married man or even a notorious guy without having a clue.

No matter how seemingly innocent and responsible that guy or lady may look outwardly,trust me on this,it is always better to scrutinize the past of any new person we want to start a real affair with because when it comes to character, more often than not, humans are like leopards who never change their spots

Hope this makes sense.

Nice write up... I strongly advice to participating parties in a relationship be opened in all dealings, live your life the best way possible so you don't have a lot garbage when people start digging in.. You reap what you Sow, don't blame anyone faulting your past, in due time though you'll see someone who will oversee it all and stay with you nontheless smiley
Re: When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. by elantraceey(f): 3:39pm On Dec 26, 2015
bknight:

Maybe you, okay.

But marriage does not equate love. Two same yet separate things. People marry for different reasons.

We all wear our true selves all the time. Its the seeker who isn't paying attention to detail.

I don't think so.
Re: When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. by elantraceey(f): 3:58pm On Dec 26, 2015
misspicy:

yeah right,if only we can open our eyes and spirit and not allow pastors do the enquires for us,a lot of people will be saved from marriage headaches
My dear, not just marriage headaches but life's headaches in general.
Re: When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. by Toks2008(m): 7:26pm On Dec 26, 2015
Excellent7:

grin grin grin
Many people are wearing masks, you need time, smartness and some patience to see the real person(s).
Without this incident, you can imagine the speed the Dad will have used to give her away to you in marriage if you had asked for her hand in marriage, thus outsourcing their family problem.
Of course they will be waiting for your tales of woe with their daughter (knowing you will surely come when you see) and the carefully prepared with standard palliative answers that does not touch the problem but turn your life to a nightmare (e.g. be patient with her, she will change, no marriage is always sweet,).
Sharp guy, Congrats you just smartly dodged a bullet!

lol...infact ehn...i am speechless.
Re: When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. by Toks2008(m): 7:31pm On Dec 26, 2015
misspicy:

Ifahia my pastor said or prophet said?

If only we know how many people that have been misled by these so called pastors and prophets.
Re: When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 26, 2015
Nice n interesting thread. Op u try.

I think its good both parties b open to each other. Dias no need hiding d truth from someone u intend to b with. Like they say "The devil u know is better tham the Angel u dont know"

For me i do like doing a thorough research and asking someone i intend to spend d rest of my life questions from time to time. And i also appreciate they find out about me in like manner. To me it makes me know all about d person and therefore i wont b moved of any rumour i hear from outside.

unfortunately she felt it i was trying to b a critic in finding all about her past. dats bygone though and i thank God for that

I must say everyone has a past wether good or bad or ugly.
Re: When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. by Toks2008(m): 8:29pm On Dec 26, 2015
kingsilly:

Nice write up... I strongly advice to participating parties in a relationship be opened in all dealings, live your life the best way possible so you don't have a lot garbage when people start digging in.. You reap what you Sow, don't blame anyone faulting your past, in due time though you'll see someone who will oversee it all and stay with you nontheless smiley

Very true
Re: When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. by Toks2008(m): 8:32pm On Dec 26, 2015
akinsal:
Nice n interesting thread. Op u try.

I think its good both parties b open to each other. Dias no need hiding d truth from someone u intend to b with. Like they say "The devil u know is better tham the Angel u dont know"

For me i do like doing a thorough research and asking someone i intend to spend d rest of my life questions from time to time. And i also appreciate they find out about me in like manner. To me it makes me know all about d person and therefore i wont b moved of any rumour i hear from outside.

unfortunately she felt it i was trying to b a critic in finding all about her past. dats bygone though and i thank God for that

I must say everyone has a past wether good or bad or ugly.

Yeah bro..i still can't shake off the story i read last night on front page and it was like a fiction horror novel.

I actually tot ladies are usually at the recieving end until i saw that thread..omo na wa o.
Re: When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. by Toks2008(m): 8:44pm On Dec 26, 2015
considering this dreadful thread on placed on front page yesterday(https://www.nairaland.com/2823242/upside-down-marriage), i believe
Lalasticlala and ishilove should consider this thread on fpage for people to learn from...too many one chance marriages these days.
Re: When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. by tosyne2much(m): 10:44pm On Dec 26, 2015
Nice one baba cool
Re: When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. by Truckpusher(m): 10:48pm On Dec 26, 2015
EggovinMma:
Seriously, the best to do is to he an "Open book".I hate pretence, that's why I'm very open and outspoken. It gives me enough time to read people's character to see them really for who they are.

Sometimes it's really sexy to allow someone change some aspect of you in a loving way .Not scared one bit of discussing my past, after all I no kill person.
Simple , say it the way it is if the person is asking too many questions about your past let them decide if they wish to continue but 98% of ladies would lie about it even the ones you're aware of .
The truth is if someone is into you , your past wouldn't really matter as long as one's past isn't affecting the present negatively.
Girls and lies be like Siamese twins. grin
Re: When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:51pm On Dec 26, 2015
Toks2008:
Have you always wondered why some people are quick to say "i don't want to talk about it" whenever a new person in their life asks why they broke up with an ex?

I guess most times people who are quick to waive the discussion might just have something sensitive they do not want to share because in many instances we tend to allow the feeling of initial gragra cloud our sense of reasoning and just fall in love with someone who was really a nightmare to his or her ex(es) no wonder why many companies ask for letter of reference from your past employer or someone that can really vouch for you.

My advice to ladies or guys who seem to lose their sense of reasoning due to "desperation to get married" is to calm down and do serious research on whoever they want to settle with.I believe if we all imbibe the culture of insisting that we speak one on one with an ex of our potential new partner or dig into their past,we will save ourselves unpleasant surprises and avoidable heart aches.

This is not just about believing whatever he or she tells you due to the decietful nature of people but its about making a thorough due diligence by speaking to a friend,neighbor,sibling,co-worker or even the ex of that person just to have a good picture of who you are about to commit yourself to.

I know this sounds funny but i believe its reasonable and this is the secret of long lasting marriages of our parents because in those days,they don't joke with due diligence up to the generations of the great grand parents of the potential spouse..lol!.

Many men have lost their lives indulging with married ladies who lied to them that they are single as well as many men losing all they ever worked for to a dangerous gold digger as well as evil ladies and many ladies have ended up getting deeply involved with a married man or even a notorious guy without having a clue.

No matter how seemingly innocent and responsible that guy or lady may look outwardly,trust me on this,it is always better to scrutinize the past of any new person we want to start a real affair with because when it comes to character, more often than not, humans are like leopards who never change their spots

Hope this makes sense.

I concur.

One needs to know the Ho facts.

1 Like

Re: When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. by blakky97(m): 10:54pm On Dec 26, 2015
EggovinMma:
Seriously, the best to do is to he an "Open book".I hate pretence, that's why I'm very open and outspoken. It gives me enough time to read people's character to see them really for who they are.

Sometimes it's really sexy to allow someone change some aspect of you in a loving way .Not scared one bit of discussing my past, after all I no kill person.
what does a guy really have to hide anyway? its more of a girls thing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:55pm On Dec 26, 2015
Truckpusher:

The truth is if someone is into you , your past wouldn't really matter as long as one's past isn't affecting the present negatively.
Girls and lies be like Siamese twins. grin

Truckpusher my man, compliments.

Appears you didn't see the thread from yesterday, of the guy who married a 5-star ogbanje grin.

A little due diligence could have made a difference.
Re: When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. by Truckpusher(m): 10:56pm On Dec 26, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

Truckpusher my man, compliments.

Appears you didn't see the thread from yesterday, of the guy who married a 5-star ogbanje grin.

A little due diligence could have made a difference.
At least one would be aware of what he's signing up for.

Lmao@ 5 star Ogbanje . grin
Re: When Your Bae Insists On Investigating Your Past. by Oghenekohwo1402(f): 10:58pm On Dec 26, 2015
YourMain:
Ehm no. You're hardly going to interview them on your first date together.
I got no past, I married my first boyfriend! wink

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Disadvantages Of Being Nice To Women.. / How My Girlfriend Failed My Fidelity Test. / 4 Places In Abuja Where You'll Easily Find ‘Slay Queens’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.