Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,009 members, 7,814,442 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like (15238 Views)

Oil Producing States Should Demand 13% Derrivation Is Paid In Dollars / CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React / United States Should Not Elect A Muslim President - Ben Carson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by HopeAtHand: 10:00am On Sep 25, 2015
tonychristopher:

That hopeathand is funny that I must confess but he is a good friend

So this thread is still active...

No one is leaving Nigeria anytime, so you guys better put an end to this unnecessary wranglings.

Tnx.
Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by chrisblack: 10:07am On Sep 25, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Don't worry about us.....we're not interested!

Edo has close ties with Yoruba so i wonder why he's not interested in forming a republic with them! Also, Edo has too many Muslims (especially in the Auchi area), and this would make any newly emerging federation mirror some of the problems Nigeria is having today!
you forgot to tell them that the ijaws have more affinity to the Yoruba's than ibo
Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by tonychristopher: 10:08am On Sep 25, 2015
killalligbos:
delta

Which tribe in delta sir

4 Likes

Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by tonychristopher: 10:09am On Sep 25, 2015
HopeAtHand:

So this thread is still active...

No one is leaving Nigeria anytime, so you guys better put an end to this unnecessary wranglings.

Tnx.

Bro I think it's better to leave here ..how many richest oil moguls come from ss

1 Like

Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 25, 2015
killalligbos:
im a pure urhobo boy

No wonder...
Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by HopeAtHand: 10:15am On Sep 25, 2015
tonychristopher:

Bro I think it's better to leave here ..how many richest oil moguls come from ss

With political power comes everything, including birthing oil moguls...but that dsnt mean we must support a naive and gullible fellow as GEJ to disgrace us at the centre....Rotimi Amaechi or Donald Duke looks more like it..
Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by tonychristopher: 10:36am On Sep 25, 2015
HopeAtHand:

With political power comes everything, including birthing oil moguls...but that dsnt mean we must support a naive and gullible fellow as GEJ to disgrace us at the centre....Rotimi Amaechi or Donald Duke looks more like it..
Oga I never called gej here. I asked how many notable ss are major players in up and down stream
At least Igbo Hausa and Yoruba can boast of many

How many come from ss region

Leave Jonathan out here

3 Likes

Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by tonychristopher: 10:38am On Sep 25, 2015
killalligbos:
im a pure urhobo boy

No wonder . ...you know sobo people have a way they think

But I think you will get used to the fact that capital of delta and airport in delta is in Igbo land

Happy holidays Bro

3 Likes

Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by tonychristopher: 10:50am On Sep 25, 2015
killalligbos:
and yet all the industries in delta re in warri and where is osubi airport. in asaba? mumu
Which warri sir. Is it the one I lived in for 6 yrs and left that damn place after crisis

Warri isnt an urhobo town.. It's owned by itshekiri.that is why we have olu of warri who is an itshekiri dude

I stayed at sapele road near garage before GKS church

.so me know area well...abi na company wey don run go pH and asaba both are Igbo cities

2 Likes

Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by forgiveness: 10:52am On Sep 25, 2015
fr3do:

Anioma has 33% of Delta's population and 9 out of 25 LGAs.

Are all Anioma Igbo?
Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by tonychristopher: 10:58am On Sep 25, 2015
killalligbos:
which itsekiri land. warri is urhoboland. when last did you visit warri. even shell is planning on coming back to warri.

If warri is urhobo land why do we have olu of warri why not Ovie of warri or something

Bros we know effurun and sapele are urhobo not warri

So find another gist

1 Like

Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by tonychristopher: 11:00am On Sep 25, 2015
forgiveness:

Are all Anioma Igbo?

All anioma are Spanish not Igbo
First what is the meaning of anioma and how did it come about

This will be a pointer if they are Igbo or not

3 Likes

Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by forgiveness: 11:06am On Sep 25, 2015
tonychristopher:

All anioma are Spanish not Igbo
First what is the meaning of anioma and how did it come about

This will be a pointer if they are Igbo or not

Simple question needs simply answer.

What is the meaning of Eko/Lagos?

This will also be a pointer if they are Edo/Portuguese or not.
Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by fr3do(m): 11:14am On Sep 25, 2015
Kagawa10:

Ukwuani aint ibo though! They don't even speak it!

my Mom is Ukwuani and the language she speaks is basically Ibo, I have observed substantial difference in only their greeting.

I must confess that some Ukwuanis do not entirely consider themselves Igbo but we (Igboist Aniomas) are getting them there, by squashing 'from south east' origin theories and making it known to Ignorant southeasterners and insecure aniomas (and rivers Igbo) that no one man is more Igbo than the other.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by tonychristopher: 11:18am On Sep 25, 2015
forgiveness:

Simple question needs simply answer.

What is the meaning of Eko/Lagos?

This will also be a pointer if they are Edo/Portuguese or not.

Nice question eko was as a result of Benin expansionist in Yoruba land and mind you only island and Lagos isn't only island Bro ..we have awori and ijebu maybe you tell me that they are edo and they retained their Yoruba names like ojuelegba ajegunle and iyana ipaja and all these are Yoruba names

Anioma was never as a conquered territory by Igbo but just Igbo that is why you have places with Igbo names such as onicha which can be found in many Igbo towns .ukwuani which is also Igbo name, you still find igbobinauzor shortened igbuzor and they are just Igbo names of town

These are pointers to people tribe ..the names of their town so as you can see eko was a conquered territory just fragment but they are Yoruba
Anioma isn't any conquered territory and they have Igbo names from Igbo akiri in edo state to onicha ugbo in delta to umuebu in ukwuani ...what more pointer can I give

Just like saying port Harcourt is English forgetting that the main name is igweocha

These are pointers Bro

Any more questions

3 Likes

Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by Kagawa10: 11:19am On Sep 25, 2015
fr3do:

my Mom is Ukwuani and the language she speaks is basically Ibo, I have observed substantial difference in only their greeting.

I must confess that some Ukwuanis do not entirely consider themselves Igbo but we (Igboist Aniomas) are getting them there, by squashing 'from south east' origin theories and making it known to Ignorant southeasterners and insecure aniomas (and rivers Igbo) that no one man is more Igbo than the other.
Lol!
You be ika, your mum is ukwuani!
Yeye man!
Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by tonychristopher: 11:21am On Sep 25, 2015
fr3do:

That's a dialect of Igbo they speak just like oguta in IMO state ...the same way agbor speak like Owerri people while asaba people speak like Onitsha people

It's called dialect

Mind you there are some migrants that were seeking refugee in ukwuani which cane as a result of Benin exiling and excommunicating them ..though they were igbonized but they still had some Benin blood in them ..those are the ones that don't like been Igbo and so unfortunate they can't be EDo also

.that's a quagmire for them

But majority are pure Igbo in ukwuani

2 Likes

Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by forgiveness: 11:23am On Sep 25, 2015
tonychristopher:

Nice question eko was as a result of Benin expansionist in Yoruba land and mind you only island and Lagos isn't only island Bro ..we have awori and ijebu maybe you tell me that they are edo and they retained their Yoruba names like ojuelegba ajegunle and iyana ipaja and all these are Yoruba names

Anioma was never as a conquered territory by Igbo but just Igbo that is why you have places with Igbo names such as onicha which can be found in many Igbo towns .ukwuani which is also Igbo name, you still find igbobinauzor shortened igbuzor and they are just Igbo names of town

These are pointers to people tribe ..the names of their town so as you can see eko was a conquered territory just fragment but they are Yoruba
Anioma isn't any conquered territory and they have Igbo names from Igbo akiri in edo state to onicha ugbo in delta to umuebu in ukwuani ...what more pointer can I give

Just like saying port Harcourt is English forgetting that the main name is igweocha

These are pointers Bro

Any more questions

Yes o. Are ALL Anoimia's Igbo?

]
Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by fr3do(m): 11:26am On Sep 25, 2015
forgiveness:

Are all Anioma Igbo?

not all Aniomas consider themselves Igbo, but online authorities and other tribes think otherwise (when it is inconvenient for them to consider Aniomas as non Igbo).
Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by forgiveness: 11:27am On Sep 25, 2015
fr3do:

not all Aniomas consider themselves Igbo, but online authorities and other tribes think otherwise (when it is inconvenient for them to consider Aniomas as non Igbo).

That's all. thanks
Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by Kagawa10: 11:28am On Sep 25, 2015
tonychristopher:

That's a dialect of Igbo they speak just like oguta in IMO state ...the same way agbor speak like Owerri people while asaba people speak like Onitsha people

It's called dialect

Mind you there are some migrants that were seeking refugee in ukwuani which cane as a result of Benin exiling and excommunicating them ..though they were igbonized but they still had some Benin blood in them ..those are the ones that don't like been Igbo and so unfortunate they can't be EDo also

.that's a quagmire for them

But majority are pure Igbo in ukwuani
Ukwuani tribe that are century older the ibo tribe are ibos?
The same Ukwuani that has its meaning entirely different from the one known in ibo language is ibo?
Yeye dey smell!

1 Like

Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by tonychristopher: 11:28am On Sep 25, 2015
forgiveness:

Yes o. Are ALL Anoimia's Igbo?

]

I have answered that ....for you to know any Igbo town there are indices

There must be four market days specifically named eke afor nkwo and orie

Their must be believe in chukwu olisa

There must be presence of offor
Finally there must be earth goddess called ani or ana
These are Igbo villages so do research and check and if they gave these then they are Igbo

But remember some felons during the olden days sought refugee in anioma land those days ..Igbo were accommodating and they assimilated these group of exiled and excommunicated Benin indegens so it is left for them to with be appreciative of the Igbo hosting by been fully igbonized or look towards Benin for inspiration.. These are in minority ..remember they still bear Igbo names but unfortunately for them they are not edo also

That's their quagmire and 96.5% of anioma are Igbo

Hope your cleared Bro

1 Like

Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by tonychristopher: 11:32am On Sep 25, 2015
Kagawa10:

The same Ukwuani that has its meaning entirely different from the one known in ibo language is ibo?
Yeye dey smell!
Are you sure ...that's impressive ..so ukwuani is a century older that which Igbo town ..because ukwuani is not a tribe but a hamlet of less than 60,000 people

Can you give us archeological evidence if this date ..do you have any carbon dated artefact to back up your claim

Atleast Igbo ukwu stool and iron work is world acknowledged artefact ..we are in scientific age pls show us proves of this your century theory oga

Give us links sir

Beside that you don't just come to online forum to just talk without backing sir

How old are you if I may ask ?

2 Likes

Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by tonychristopher: 11:36am On Sep 25, 2015
Kagawa10:

Yeye dey smell!

Can you tell the world the meaning if the name UKWUANI before we can know if they are Igbo or Spanish or maybe they are from Jupiter
Thank you

2 Likes

Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by forgiveness: 11:37am On Sep 25, 2015
Delta state of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is made up of 25 Local Government areas (LGAs) and like every other state, she is represented in the Nigerian Senate by three senators. Delta state is thus carved up into three senatorial districts…Delta Central, Delta South and Delta North (Aniomaland).

Delta Central comprises eight LGAs and is inhabited by the Urhobos while Delta South also comprises eight LGAs and is home to the ethnic Ijaw, Isoko and Itsekiri while Delta North is home to the Ika, Enuani, Ukwuani sub-groups who are spread across nine LGAs.

The principal towns of Delta North are Agbor, Asaba (the Delta state capital),Ogwashi-Uku, Issele-Uku, Ibusa, Ubulu-Uku, Obiaruku,Kwale, Ashaka, among others. Her peoples are predominantly farmers, fisherfolk, businessmen, academics, bureaucrats and members of the defence and security forces. It is on record that at the dawn of Nigerian independence on 1 October 1960, nine(9) of the fifty-eight(58) indigenous commissioned officers of the Nigerian Army were from Delta North alone. Most famous of these was Major Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu who led the first military coup d’etat in Nigeria in 1966.

As of April 2010, the Chief of Defence Staff of the Nigerian Armed Forces and the Comptroller General of the Nigeria Immigration Service both hail from Aniocha North LGA of the said Delta North.

It is also on record that the Ekumeku peasant rebellion against white domination (akin to the Mau Mau rebellion in Kenya) mounted by the people of Delta North under Agbogidi Oligbo, the Issele Uku monarch and against the British colonialists ensured that Aniomaland was arguably the last part of Nigeria to be completely subjugated by the British colonialists! The Ekumeku War spanned the period between 1898 and 1929. Even the Sokoto empire fell in 1903,the defiant people of Delta North were still at the barricades.

Today,the predominant spoken language in the area is a hybridized dialect of Igbo but the people somehow do not refer to themselves Igbo for the simple fact that over eighty-five percent (85%) of Anioma people are said to have emigrated from Bini empire during the 14th and 15th century reigns of Obas(Kings) Ozolua, Ewuare and Esigie of the Benin Empire which lies immediately to the west of Aniomaland. The festivals, language, kingship systems of the people of Delta North appear to bear testimony to this fact even to this day. Possibly, they may have lost their mastery of Edo language on account of long separation from the Benin Empire and became subsumed in the dominant Igbo culture as a result of the fact of greater proximity to Igboland.

But Delta North also has, albeit unbelievably, an indigenous and living community of Yoruba and Igala speakers.

Aniocha North Local Government Area is the smallest, most northerly and most rural in the Delta state. It consists of 16 communities grouped into the three clans of Ezechima, Odiani and Idumuje.

Odiani clan comprises 8 communities which are said to have historically migrated emigrated from the Akoko area of Yorubaland during the wars which raged in that part of pre-colonial Africa during the 18th century. When they arrived at their present place of domicile in the Far North of present-day Delta state, the Edo(Benin) emigres and Ibos from the east of the Niger river had been on ground for a minimum of three centuries. Unable to communicate with the hostile people all around them,they courtesied all and sundry who they came into contact with“Olukumi” ,a word in the Akoko dialect of Yoruba language which means “my friend”.

To this day,the variant of Yoruba language spoken by my people is called Olukumi by neighbouring communities. Further east at Ebu,a migrant community of Igalas who came from central Nigeria in search of prime fishing grounds had developed and to this day,the people of Ebu still speak Igala language.
Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by forgiveness: 11:38am On Sep 25, 2015
Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by tonychristopher: 11:40am On Sep 25, 2015
forgiveness:
Delta state of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is made up of 25 Local Government areas (LGAs) and like every other state, she is represented in the Nigerian Senate by three senators. Delta state is thus carved up into three senatorial districts…Delta Central, Delta South and Delta North (Aniomaland).

Delta Central comprises eight LGAs and is inhabited by the Urhobos while Delta South also comprises eight LGAs and is home to the ethnic Ijaw, Isoko and Itsekiri while Delta North is home to the Ika, Enuani, Ukwuani sub-groups who are spread across nine LGAs.

The principal towns of Delta North are Agbor, Asaba (the Delta state capital),Ogwashi-Uku, Issele-Uku, Ibusa, Ubulu-Uku, Obiaruku,Kwale, Ashaka, among others. Her peoples are predominantly farmers, fisherfolk, businessmen, academics, bureaucrats and members of the defence and security forces. It is on record that at the dawn of Nigerian independence on 1 October 1960, nine(9) of the fifty-eight(58) indigenous commissioned officers of the Nigerian Army were from Delta North alone. Most famous of these was Major Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu who led the first military coup d’etat in Nigeria in 1966.

As of April 2010, the Chief of Defence Staff of the Nigerian Armed Forces and the Comptroller General of the Nigeria Immigration Service both hail from Aniocha North LGA of the said Delta North.

It is also on record that the Ekumeku peasant rebellion against white domination (akin to the Mau Mau rebellion in Kenya) mounted by the people of Delta North under Agbogidi Oligbo, the Issele Uku monarch and against the British colonialists ensured that Aniomaland was arguably the last part of Nigeria to be completely subjugated by the British colonialists! The Ekumeku War spanned the period between 1898 and 1929. Even the Sokoto empire fell in 1903,the defiant people of Delta North were still at the barricades.

Today,the predominant spoken language in the area is a hybridized dialect of Igbo but the people somehow do not refer to themselves Igbo for the simple fact that over eighty-five percent (85%) of Anioma people are said to have emigrated from Bini empire during the 14th and 15th century reigns of Obas(Kings) Ozolua, Ewuare and Esigie of the Benin Empire which lies immediately to the west of Aniomaland. The festivals, language, kingship systems of the people of Delta North appear to bear testimony to this fact even to this day. Possibly, they may have lost their mastery of Edo language on account of long separation from the Benin Empire and became subsumed in the dominant Igbo culture as a result of the fact of greater proximity to Igboland.

But Delta North also has, albeit unbelievably, an indigenous and living community of Yoruba and Igala speakers.

Aniocha North Local Government Area is the smallest, most northerly and most rural in the Delta state. It consists of 16 communities grouped into the three clans of Ezechima, Odiani and Idumuje.

Odiani clan comprises 8 communities which are said to have historically migrated emigrated from the Akoko area of Yorubaland during the wars which raged in that part of pre-colonial Africa during the 18th century. When they arrived at their present place of domicile in the Far North of present-day Delta state, the Edo(Benin) emigres and Ibos from the east of the Niger river had been on ground for a minimum of three centuries. Unable to communicate with the hostile people all around them,they courtesied all and sundry who they came into contact with“Olukumi” ,a word in the Akoko dialect of Yoruba language which means “my friend”.

To this day,the variant of Yoruba language spoken by my people is called Olukumi by neighbouring communities. Further east at Ebu,a migrant community of Igalas who came from central Nigeria in search of prime fishing grounds had developed and to this day,the people of Ebu still speak Igala language.

Copy cool And

Why don't you tell us which one is hybrid Igbo and pure Igbo

Anioma is just pure Igbo ..do you know the president of ohaneze today

2 Likes

Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by forgiveness: 11:49am On Sep 25, 2015
tonychristopher:

Copy cool And

Why don't you tell us which one is hybrid Igbo and pure Igbo

Anioma is just pure Igbo ..do you know the president of ohaneze today

Before ko. Do you expect me to swallow everthing you or people say on Nairaland without doing my own research?

As you can see it's not pure anything.

They have the right be whatever they want to be.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Arrives In UK, Returns To Nigeria Monday / No Plans To Sell Lagos Trade Fair Complex – FG / Solomon Dalung: APC Government Is Like A Mad Man With Matches At Filling Station

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.