Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like (15233 Views)

Oil Producing States Should Demand 13% Derrivation Is Paid In Dollars / CNN: "Nigeria Will Look Like This In 2050" - Nigerians React / United States Should Not Elect A Muslim President - Ben Carson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by fr3do(m): 11:52am On Sep 25, 2015
Kagawa10:

Lol!
You be ika, your mum is ukwuani!
Yeye man!

mumu! Any problem?
We Aniomas are one! We easily intermarry.
Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by Kagawa10: 11:52am On Sep 25, 2015
tonychristopher:

Are you sure ...that's impressive ..so ukwuani is a century older that which Igbo town ..because ukwuani is not a tribe but a hamlet of less than 60,000 people

Can you give us archeological evidence if this date ..do you have any carbon dated artefact to back up your claim

Atleast Igbo ukwu stool and iron work is world acknowledged artefact ..we are in scientific age pls show us proves of this your century theory oga

Give us links sir

Beside that you don't just come to online forum to just talk without backing sir

How old are you if I may ask ?
Lol!
Are Bini older than the ibos? Yes or No?
How many are the Binis today?
What a lame reasoning!
The fact is Ukwuani history is far superior and dated as far back than the ibos!

1 Like

Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by Kagawa10: 11:53am On Sep 25, 2015
fr3do:

mumu! Any problem? We Aniomas are one! We easily intermarry.
You probably have ikwere children! Shameless man!

1 Like

Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by Kagawa10: 11:58am On Sep 25, 2015
tonychristopher:

Can you tell the world the meaning if the name UKWUANI before we can know if they are Igbo or Spanish or maybe they are from Jupiter
Thank you
Your imaginary Ukwuani wife should probably know that and while we are on it, let her translate the ukwuani words here: www.nairaland.com/2406514/ukwuani-people-nairaland.
Yeye man!

1 Like

Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by tonychristopher: 12:03pm On Sep 25, 2015
Kagawa10:

Your imaginary Ukwuani wife should probably know that and while we are on it, let her translate the ukwuani words here: www.nairaland.com/2406514/ukwuani-people-nairaland.
Yeye man!

Pls :oo ii no mention my wife ooom.can u grow pls

What is the meaning of UKWUANI tell the world before I can continue any engagement with you ...

Tell the world and stop running around in circus

3 Likes

Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by tonychristopher: 12:07pm On Sep 25, 2015
Kagawa10:

Lol!
Are Bini older than the ibos? Yes or No?
How many are the Binis today?
What a lame reasoning!
The fact is Ukwuani history is far superior and dated as far back than the ibos!

Nairaland is kid land

Who is calling benin here? OK show the world the scientific evidence using carbon dating of any ukwuani artefact to prove that ukwuani hamlet is older than Igbo ukwu

If you can't can you pls shut that trap biko

Even that of Benin use archeological evidence that are carbon dated

4 Likes

Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by Kagawa10: 12:07pm On Sep 25, 2015
tonychristopher:

Pls :oo ii no mention my wife ooom.can u grow pls

What is the meaning of UKWUANI tell the world before I can continue any engagement with you ...

Tell the world and stop running around in circus
Why asking me? I thought you have an ukwuani as a wife!
Yeye!

1 Like

Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by superstar1(m): 12:09pm On Sep 25, 2015
POWER TO THE REPUBLIC OF SOUTH SOUTH.

Other pretenders and fraud of a nation can go and DIE.
Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by tonychristopher: 12:10pm On Sep 25, 2015
forgiveness:

Before ko. Do you expect me to swallow everthing you or people say on Nairaland without doing my own research?

As you can see it's not pure anything.

They have the right be whatever they want to be.

So you are saying that the man from Igbo bi na uzor who migrated from NRI isn't a pure Igbo or the owa man from NRI isn't pure

Ugomba will not find this funny

Lol

Who is the chairman of ohaneze now ?

Answer that pls

U know identity crisis is a crisis after all

Now have you eaten any sallah meat

1 Like

Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by tonychristopher: 12:13pm On Sep 25, 2015
Kagawa10:

Why asking me? I thought you have an ukwuani as a wife!
Yeye!
:oo

One way to show somebody that has no intellectual argument is when he starts becoming insulting and you are showing that trait

You can't even say the meaning of UKWUANI.. I want to know how honest and truthful you are
I want to know the meaning of UKWUANI from you let me compare it with what they told me

Is that a hard thing ?

Kids everywhere

Bye

1 Like

Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by forgiveness: 12:25pm On Sep 25, 2015
Far from home, Yoruba community makes home in Delta State

National Mirror, November 2011 — Not many people know that there is an authentic Yoruba community in Delta State. Well, there is. The Oloku Mi people who migrated from Owo/Akure area of the present day Ondo State have lived in a community known as Ugbodu in Aniocha Local Government Area of Delta State since circa 11th Century AD. AMOUR UDEMUDE visited the community and found a people eager to retain as many aspects of their origin as possible.
The couple strolling ahead have all the trappings of the Igbo especially in the way they are attired and the language of their dialogue. A few metres more, they are at their abode where a group of kids bid them welcome in a language different from the one they have been using. Their response too is in that same language: a variety of the Yoruba language. Welcome to Ugbodu, a town in the Aniocha North Local Government Area of Delta State. Ugbodu is a peaceful community of over 10,000 people and it is agrarian like its Isoko, Urhobo, Izon, Itsekiri and Igbo neighbours. It is also a border town in that it shares boundary with Edo State. But aside their dressings, living , occupation and other things which bear close semblance to that of their neighbours, there is something unique and almost peculiar about them: their language and culture. These are prone to shock any first time visitor which was what happened to the reporter on his first visit. How could this be? The writer wondered. A visit to the palace, unfortunately, could not solve the riddle. The custodian of the people’s customs and traditions, the monarch, was not around to illuminate the dark areas. It was a young Princess taking the writer down to one of the members of the royal family who could talk, that made the first move at solving the riddle.

We are a Yoruba speaking community and the name of our [b]language is Oloku mi,” she disclosed. Finally the king, H.R.M. Ayo Isinyemeze, the Oloza (Obi) of Ugbodu, met the desire of the writer. The youthful looking, handsome royal father explained. According to the monarch who is also the chairman of the Traditional Rulers Council in Aniocha North, the Ugbodu Oluku mi speaking people migrated from Owo/Akure axis in the current day Ondo State between 9th and 11th Century AD to settle down in [/b]Benin during the reign of King Ogiso of Benin. They, however, had to leave Benin for their current abode after a particular incident which rendered them unsafe. “The language, Oluku mi is a dialect of the Yoruba. Interestingly, we are not the only speakers of the language. It is spoken even as far as far away Cuba, part of Southern America. Our history dated far back, very far back to the time of Ogiso’s in the Benin Kingdom. “Then, there was a young handsome Prince, the heir apparent to the throne. After the woman gave birth to the Prince, the nobles consulted the oracle and said that the oracle told them that the child should be killed for peace to reign in Benin Kingdom. But eventually he was not killed. However, when the news filtered into the rest of Benin that the Prince had not been executed, we didn’t feel safe and comfortable. that is to say we first of all settled in Benin at this time so when this filtered in that this young Prince had been executed of course our people grew very uneasy and decided to leave Benin and that was how we ended up here. So, that is how far we can trace our history and when we got here and find the place very conducive and fertile for settlement, of course we have to settle here,” the royal father narrated.

He continued: “Centuries later and interestingly, we would always claim that we were the first to settle in this neighbourhood which is why we have a name for practically all the communities around us as they refer to us simply as Ugbodu. “Sometime in the mid 90’s, the Ife monarch traveled to Cuba and then it was reported that he met a group of persons who were speaking an ancient, according to them, form of Yoruba that was called Oloku Mi.” What exactly does the name Ugbodu connote, the monarch disclosed “Ugbodu simply means, we have found solace in this land”. But how come the people are so different from the Yoruba who they claim are their progenitors? The monarch said: “You know when you have been away from your roots for an extended period what you begin to find is that assimilation of culture begins to take place. In sociology, we call it acculturation. “We began to acculturate and over time we had adopted largely the way of life of our neighbours. We now bear Igbo names. Me, for instance, my name is Isieyemeze but that’s not Oloku mi name, that’s an Igbo name. It is a tribute as it were to my family because, I bear an Oloku mi name as a first name. My children all bear Oluku mi names. I think there is renaissance, an effort of going back to our roots.

So, most of the children being born these days are named Oloku mi names. “Outside from that, our dance, dress and food we have basically adopted our neighbour’s lifestyle in those regards. Interestingly, practically everybody here speaks Igbo but as our second language. Our primary tongue is Oloku mi and everybody born here speaks that language. If we come out without you hearing us talk, you will also see us as Igbos because of the way we dress, kind of food we eat but outside that our language is the thing that really stands us out.” But do the people regret being outside their original habitat and losing touch with their roots The monarch replied in the negative stating: “We don’t have any regrets finding ourselves here because wherever we found ourselves is because we are destined to be here. Being here we have no regrets the only thing that I will say that irks us which is not peculiar to our community is the apparent lack of government attention to our community. “Things you find here, from the market, to the health centre, secondary school, are all community effort. In 2008, the government made a pronouncement of taking over the school but up till now we are still struggling to get that approval fully granted. We received a list of teachers and till now we are still fighting to get the teachers to report but all to no avail. We are the one solely funding the school till date as I talk to you.” The monarch however added: “We are very hospitable, very peace loving, very orderly people. We are development minded which is why we strive at every point to see that we bring the good things of life to ourselves even though we are not getting much encouragement from government in that regard.”

Ugbodu community, though grossly neglected, has produced so many big names who have made the country proud in their various fields of endeavour in life. But this, the royal father lamented, had not helped, their community has remained underdeveloped and grossly neglected. “I think as a measure of hospitality and quest for greatness, we have produced a string of first in this community. We produced the second ever Miss Nigeria in 1958 in the person of Helen Anyamelune, the captain of the first ever under 18 Golden Eaglets that brought the first world cup to Africa and indeed Nigeria in 1985 (China’85), in the person of Nduka Ugbade and beyond that we also have eminent scholars and politicians and all what not but unfortunately all these have not translated into developmental infrastructures in the community. “We have also used every opportunity we get to cry out to government to please come to our aid. You hardly find any Ugbodu person involved in any criminal activities but we had a major of contribution to the social cultural development of good of this nation. So it’s funny that in spite of all these we still not have anything to show for all that.” The Ugbodu people are mainly Christians. The Oloza shed more light. “For religion, we are primarily Christians but of course been Africans you will not remove that aspect of those who are still traditionalists in their beliefs. So, the African traditional religion is still present here but unfortunately it is not as dominant as it was in the days past. Christianity has taken over, I don’t think if we have any resident Muslim here but I am sure we have one or two persons from the community who are Muslims but not resident within the community.

Our community is a border community, we share boundary with Edo State and surrounding our community are several communities with different languages.” The Oloza of Ugbodu who maintained a cordial relationship with his people told Saturday Mirror that he was crowned in 1985 and this year is his 26th on the throne. The monarch however refused to disclose his educational background but simply said: “If I was looking for appointment or employment, I might want to display my educational qualifications but you can’t take it to the bank. That I have had a very good education that is the way I always put it.” He would, however, want his reign to be remembered as one that brought the greatest level of development to his community even as he advised politicians to as a matter of fact shun corruption which he said had brought rot and decay to the nation’s political and economic system, “Our leaders should learn how to be truthful and honest to Nigerians,” he insisted. Since the Yoruba speaking community is surrounded by the Igbo-speaking communities, it did not take much time before the Igbo language started to interfere greatly on the people’s language. This according to the monarch is the biggest and most challenging problems facing the people of Ugbodu community.

However, the people especially the elders are trying to tackle this problem headlong. Their Oluku mi language is being threatened hence its protection and that of their culture in general has become paramount. Prince Adebowale Ochei of the royal family anindigene of Ugbodu who was born and breed in the land revealed that the elders are more connected to the original Oluku mi language than the youth stressing that they are gradually losing the real Oluku mi following the encroachment of the language by the Igbo language. According to Adebowale: “The real Oluku mi is like the Yoruba that is spoken in Owo in Ondo State. Someone from that place is expected to understand the language perfectly. I am an Oluku mi man and I am proud of my language. I am not happy that Igbo language is infiltrating our language. We are trying our best to correct the situation and part of that is what my brother (the Oloza) is doing by organising an Oluku mi reciting competition. We want to know the people who can speak the real Oluku mi without mixing it with Igbo or English.” As a protecting measure against the infiltration of the language, the inhabitants have made it a point of duty to making sure that their children are given Oluku mi names and to sing and say prayers in Oluku mi. In some cases, some radical reformers and revivalists changed the names given to them by their parents from Igbo to Oluku mi. The climax of the restoration process of their linguistic ethos and identity was the christening of the incumbent Oloza with an Oluku mi name, Ayo. The people of Ugbodu like every other community in Delta state have always contributed their quota mostly when it comes to casting their votes during elections, but the big question now is that, why has government decided to neglect the people to their fate by not living to it responsibility?
Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by forgiveness: 12:26pm On Sep 25, 2015
Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by forgiveness: 12:26pm On Sep 25, 2015
tonychristopher:

So you are saying that the man from Igbo bi na uzor who migrated from NRI isn't a pure Igbo or the owa man from NRI isn't pure

Ugomba will not find this funny

Lol

Who is the chairman of ohaneze now ?

Answer that pls

U know identity crisis is a crisis after all

Now have you eaten any sallah meat

You're are what you say you're and the Oloza of Ugbodo[ Ugbo(forest) du mi la(has saved me] had said it all.

Who is Governor of Delta state? does that mean everybody in DeltaState is Ika?

Sallah meat? If to say i dey Lagos now......

.e]
Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by Ugomba(m): 12:34pm On Sep 25, 2015
forgiveness:
http://ukpuru.tumblr.com/post/115435435597/far-from-home-yoruba-community-makes-home-in
listen, there are some yorubas who live in my Asaba town and also in many parts of Delta.
Your attempt to insult Igbos and coin your fake yoruba love to my people is Pathetic.
Anioma is One! Stop playing this dividing tactics.. Do you understand?

2 Likes

Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by Kagawa10: 12:37pm On Sep 25, 2015
tonychristopher:
:oo

One way to show somebody that has no intellectual argument is when he starts becoming insulting and you are showing that trait

You can't even say the meaning of UKWUANI.. I want to know how honest and truthful you are
I want to know the meaning of UKWUANI from you let me compare it with what they told me

Is that a hard thing ?

Kids everywhere

Bye
Yeye man!
If Ukwuani is ibo, you shouldn't find it difficult to understand the sentences here: www.nairaland.com/2406514/ukwuani-people-nairaland.
Go and ask your imaginary wife!
Yeye!

1 Like

Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by Kagawa10: 12:42pm On Sep 25, 2015
Ugomba:
listen, there are some yorubas who live in my Asaba town and also in many parts of Delta.
Your attempt to insult Igbos and coin your fake yoruba love to my people is Pathetic.
Who's loving the Olukunmi?
As far as I know they have a different identity now, even though they were once Yoruba, they are Olukumi today and Yoruba respect their wish!
Yoruba aint Ibos by the way!

1 Like

Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by forgiveness: 12:47pm On Sep 25, 2015
Ugomba:

Yes sir, I understand.

But that doesn't change the fact that right in the heart of Aniocha North, there is an authentic Yoruba community existing. up till date.

Note: I never attempted to insult Ndigbo or to play any divide and rule tactics but just to state the facts. that's all

Is Oloza of Ugbodo( Ugbo du mu la)also playing divide and rule?

1 Like

Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by Ugomba(m): 12:48pm On Sep 25, 2015
Kagawa10:

As far as I know they have a different identity now, even though they were once Yoruba, they are Olukumi today and Yoruba respect their wish!
what your point? you sound confusing.

1 Like

Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 25, 2015
Kagawa10:

There's freedom of association and so you are free to merge Oluku Mi people to Yorubas. That should be no problem.
Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by tonychristopher: 1:30pm On Sep 25, 2015
Kagawa10:

Yeye man!
If Ukwuani is ibo, you shouldn't find it difficult to understand the sentences here: www.nairaland.com/2406514/ukwuani-people-nairaland.
Go and ask your imaginary wife!
Yeye!
Oga all these links us pointless

It's a simple question

What is the meaning of UKWUANI ?
Tell the world

I'd crisis

1 Like

Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by tonychristopher: 1:31pm On Sep 25, 2015
forgiveness:

Yes sir, I understand.

But that doesn't change the fact that right in the heart of Aniocha North, there is an authentic Yoruba community existing. up till date.

Note: I never attempted to insult Ndigbo or to play any divide and rule tactics but just to state the facts. that's all

Is Oloza of Ugbodo( Ugbo du mu la)also playing divide and rule?

Your absolutely correct but unfortunately they have been totally igbonized

1 Like

Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by tonychristopher: 1:32pm On Sep 25, 2015
Ugomba:

My brother I tire for these people

1 Like

Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by tonychristopher: 1:33pm On Sep 25, 2015
forgiveness:

You're are what you say you're and the Oloza of Ugbodo[ Ugbo(forest) du mi la(has saved me] had said it all.

Who is Governor of Delta state? does that mean everybidy in DeltaState is Ika?

Sallah meat? If to say i dey Lagos now......

.e]

Na only Lagos de do sallah

Bye
Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by forgiveness: 1:34pm On Sep 25, 2015
[center][/center]
tonychristopher:

Your absolutely correct but unfortunately they have been totally igbonized

grin My sons have been igbonize but are they?

1 Like

Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by fr3do(m): 1:44pm On Sep 25, 2015
Kagawa10:

You probably have ikwere children!
Shameless man!

And Ijaw grandchildren! cheesy
Imbe.cile!
Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by Kagawa10: 1:48pm On Sep 25, 2015
fr3do:

And Ijaw grandchildren! cheesy
Imbe.cile!
Lol!
Only you be Ika, Ukwuani e.t.c, you probably descended from tonycristopher lineage of imaginary relatives!
Yeye!

1 Like

Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by darfay: 1:54pm On Sep 25, 2015
tonychristopher:

No wonder . ...you know sobo people have a way they think

But I think you will get used to the fact that capital of delta and airport in delta is in Igbo land

Happy holidays Bro

Wats ur obsession with the isoko nd urhobo people or did ur wife abandon u for isoko man or was ur brother in malaysia reported to the authorities by urhobo man for Dealing in drugs
[b][/b]
All this nyamiris sef
Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by darfay: 2:03pm On Sep 25, 2015
killalligbos:
and yet all the industries in delta re in warri and where is osubi airport. in asaba? mumu
Oniovo nor mind dat guy e can sabi get orgamms untop isoko nd urhobo matter.
Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by fr3do(m): 2:05pm On Sep 25, 2015
Kagawa10:

Lol!
Only you be Ika, Ukwuani e.t.c, you probably descended from tonycristopher lineage of imaginary relatives!
Yeye!

Mumu, go and camp somewhere else and stop stalking me.
Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by darfay: 2:25pm On Sep 25, 2015
tonychristopher:

Which warri sir. Is it the one I lived in for 6 yrs and left that damn place after crisis

Warri isnt an urhobo town.. It's owned by itshekiri.that is why we have olu of warri who is an itshekiri dude

I stayed at sapele road near garage before GKS church

.so me know area well...abi na company wey don run go pH and asaba both are Igbo cities

~ warri is the economic hub of delta state being home to over 70% of the industries nd contributes over 80% of our igr with rest beign share amongs the rural area nd other cities lyk sapele,ughelli,abraka nd asaba

~ warri is the transport hub of delta being host to an airport and a sea port(no non state capital has attained such ). There are plans for mega sea port nd an industrial gas city also

~ it's also an educational hub withs it's metro area hosting 2 federal universities

~it's a cultural hub beign native to three ethnic groups(ijaws, urhobos nd the itsekiris) more lyk a point of cultural convergence. Although it's metro areas of uvwie,udu nd okpe are 100% urhobo

~warri is wats make delta ticks. It's potential capital for the original delta republick or warri state,bendel republick,niger delta republick, ss confedration

~ All nyamiris secretly wish they were waffirians

#warri nor dey carry last abeg#
Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by tonychristopher: 2:25pm On Sep 25, 2015
darfay:

Wats ur obsession with the isoko nd urhobo people or did ur wife abandon u for isoko man or was ur brother in malaysia reported to the authorities by urhobo man for Dealing in drugs
[b][/b]
All this nyamiris sef

Lol..why don't you use sobo instead of isoko urbobo thing

Lol...

1 Like

Re: This Is How The Republic Of The South South States Should Look Like by tonychristopher: 2:26pm On Sep 25, 2015
darfay:

~ warri is the economic hub of delta state being home to over 70% of the industries nd contributes over 80% of our igr with rest beign share amongs the rural area nd other cities lyk sapele,ughelli,abraka nd asaba

~ warri is the transport hub of delta being host to an airport and a sea port(no non state capital has attained such ). There are plans for mega sea port nd an industrial gas city also

~ it's also an educational hub withs it's metro area hosting 2 federal universities

~it's a cultural hub beign native to three ethnic groups(ijaws, urhobos nd the itsekiris) more lyk a point of cultural convergence. Although it's metro areas of uvwie,udu nd okpe are 100% urhobo

~warri is wats make delta ticks. It's potential capital for the original delta republick or warri state,bendel republick,niger delta republick, ss confedration

~ All nyamiris secretly wish they were waffirians

#warri nor dey carry last abeg#
Laughing and chilling with economic hub of warri
Which hub or rub

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Supreme Court affirms Fayemi’s election, dismisses PDP, Olusola-Eleka’s appeal / Makinde Unveils E-registration For Migrants In Oyo / Western Democracy Not Working For Africa – Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.