Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,175 members, 7,815,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

The Movie Club - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Movie Club (83664 Views)

3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! / NL Movie-Club: Summer 2011 Stakeout / The Movie "300" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (96) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Movie Club by vescucci(m): 12:57pm On Jun 12, 2009
What's up with this place? Where'd everybody go?
Re: The Movie Club by webpro(m): 8:30pm On Jun 12, 2009
I made some reasonable research and made some discoveries after reading DAN BROWN'S "Da Vinci Code", seeing so many errors and funbles in the book,  i decided not to read or watch anything coming from the man. so many accliamed fact was actually a lie, like the institution of the priory of sion, and Leonardo Da vinci being a member of the priory. If you have read the book, you can check when the order started and when Leonardo Da Vinci died.  and many more.

And the movie "Da Vinci Code" didnt even make much sense from the books point.

sorry i can't review or comment
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 9:03am On Jun 13, 2009
@vesc
Long.time, Been.away.abit, my.bad,

Angels.and.Demons
Average.Rating, 60%
General.Comment, Good.movie,

NB; while.we.were.posting.our.reviews.and.comments, we.did.not.suggest.a.movie.to.review.next,
So.pls.lets.drop.movies.into.the.pool.today.so.we.can.choose.a.movie.by.the.end.of.the.day.
Or.we.can.just.make.a.poll.of.the.very.new.movies.around,
Thanks,
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 9:34am On Jun 13, 2009
I.suggest, 'The.Spirit', for.review.
Re: The Movie Club by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 13, 2009
hhmm the SPIRIT is out there (could only last 45mins of that torture) and i dont think many people might have seen it. you can always watch it on my movie list but i suggest any of these movies for review:
- STATE OF PLAY,
- FAST AND FURIOUS,
- OBSESSED
- TERMINATOR SALVATION (oh i have so much to say about that piece of junk).
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 6:52pm On Jun 13, 2009
Noted. . .lol.
Can.see.you.also.have.issues.with.Salvation,
We.need.one.or.2.more.suggestions.then.we.can.choose.a.movie,
Re: The Movie Club by spikedcylinder: 8:39pm On Jun 13, 2009
Which movie is currently being reviewed?
Re: The Movie Club by disturbed(m): 11:16am On Jun 14, 2009
I suggest we review Terminator Salvation, Itching to have a go at the movie.
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 12:33pm On Jun 14, 2009
Next movie on review:
Terminator Salvation.
Sequel to Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines.

Produced by Derek Anderson
Directed by MCG

Starring: Christian Bale, Sam Worthington.

Re: The Movie Club by ElRazur: 1:53pm On Jun 14, 2009
Review summary.

The movie started very well, however along the lines it became something of a "Mad max movies with robotic killing machines". The story line is okay, but not something great either.

Bale did a very good job in acting, as he kinda brings his "dark side" acting to the film - i.e talking less, showing little or not emotions etc.

My only problem is that the CGI used to represent Arnold [Original terminator actor], wasnt up to scratch and was more or less "cheap".

Over all, it is any enjoyable movie, but it wont be something I will watch again. I guess if you like How Chiristian Bale act [similar to Keanu reeves style in the matrix] and loving robots blowing things up, then this movie may be for you.

6.5 out of 10
Re: The Movie Club by disturbed(m): 2:59pm On Jun 14, 2009
Terminator Salvation for me was a let-down. It was just all about the graphics. . .nothing added.
The biggest issue is the story. I wasnt particularly impressed. I think more attention was placed on the graphics and the issues about having a very wonderful story was relegated.

Bale did well, no doubt. He doesnt have a choice actually, lol.

@ElRazor
, lol, yeah, That Arnold part also got me thinkin , watthehell?lol,
But with the way technology has greatly advanced in graphics, i wonder how that happened.

I'll rate the movie 60%. Shoulda been 55% but the graphics made up for the 5%, lol.
Re: The Movie Club by ElRazur: 6:50pm On Jun 14, 2009
The movie that I am dying to see is Transformers 2. This would be awesome and I so cannot wait for it. cool
Re: The Movie Club by ElRazur: 8:40am On Jun 16, 2009
Anyone here got their tickets for Transformers 2? grin
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 11:23am On Jun 16, 2009
@ElRazur
Transformers.2.would.surely.be.a.sellout, judging.from.the.success.of.the.first.one, People.would.surely.want.to.see.it. But.my.biggest.fear.about.sequels.is.that.they.are.never.as.good.as.the.previous.ones.
Ttansformers.1.was.a.helluva.ride, twould.take.alot.to.oudo.that, And.that.exactly.is.why.people.are.looking.forward.to.it,

@topic
Terminator.Salvation.was.a.cinematic.graphic.brilliance. . . Nothing.more. I.was.frantically.looking.for.the.extra.thing.this.movie.had.to.offer.over.the.Arnold.series. .but.save.for.the.graphics,. .there.was.nothing!. Rise.of.Machines.gave.us.the.height.of.brilliance.in.the.story. It.laid.down.the.plot.this.movie.was.supposed.to.follow, I.saw.no.intent.for.a.good.movie. . .all.I.saw.was.just.graphic.show.off. And.at.some.point.I.missed.Arnold.Schwazzeneger.and.that.his.stone.cold.voice,
Bale.did.well.no.doubt.

All.in.all. . .the.movie.lacked.the.depth.the.whole.John.Connor.series.was.meant.to.have. But.we.must.applaud.the.good.graphics.though.

I'ld.rate.the, movie.50%.

Anyone.seen.Duplicity? Clive.Owen.and.Julia.Roberts. . I.suggest.we.review.that.next.
Re: The Movie Club by ElRazur: 3:44pm On Jun 16, 2009
Transformers 2 looks like the bomb. In fact, it is looking like a Nuclear Bomb. I so cannot wait to see this. I have my tickets already!

The Sequel may actually be better than the first one, owning to the fact that the "Fallen are back for a revenge". From what I can gather here and there. A few changes have been made and new transformers have been added.  grin I am dying with excitement and am counting down to it.

I am probably gonna take a day off to watch it in the afternoon, I cant those idiot kids at the cinema. grin
Re: The Movie Club by tpiah: 4:00pm On Jun 16, 2009
I think I'm going to take a chance on Transformers 2.

The special effects in the first one were great. wink
Re: The Movie Club by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 16, 2009
Terminator Salvation actually gave me a headache after watching it.
Yeah the usual effects with guns, machines bla bla bla were there, but the story line was mediocre and lacked weight.
It didn't keep me off my seat. Overall, it was boring. I wouldn't tell anyone to watch. I'll give it a 4/10. undecided
Re: The Movie Club by ElRazur: 4:32pm On Jun 16, 2009
stillwater:

Terminator Salvation actually gave me a headache after watching it.
Yeah the usual effects with guns, machines bla bla bla were there, but the story line was mediocre and lacked weight.
It didn't keep me off my seat. Overall, it was boring. I wouldn't tell anyone to watch. I'll give it a 4/10. undecided

When it comes to reviewing movies with guns, violence, future, sci fi and robots. The opinion of a female should be taken with a pinch of salt. However, if this is a movie about romance, period pain, shoes and hand bags, then you opinion is highly valued. grin

**runs off**
Re: The Movie Club by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 16, 2009
*Drags him by the ears*

You are not serious o. I demand you take back your statement. cheesy
Re: The Movie Club by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 16, 2009
I like action packed movies but Terminator was all noise with limited substance to make me go like woooowwwwwww!!!!

Elrazur, mind yourself o. angry grin
Re: The Movie Club by sinceerr: 4:55pm On Jun 16, 2009
I cant wait to watch transformer 2 as well. Terminator salvation was rubbish. Hiss
Re: The Movie Club by ElRazur: 4:57pm On Jun 16, 2009
stillwater:

I like action packed movies but Terminator was all noise with limited substance to make me go like woooowwwwwww!!!!

Elrazur, mind yourself o. angry grin

Lol. No vex.

I am sure you would think"Love and Basketball" is da bomb. Oh wait I just did it again. Oya no vex. Lmao.
Re: The Movie Club by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 16, 2009
ElRazur:

Lol. No vex.

I am sure you would think"Love and Basketball" is da bomb. Oh wait I just did it again. Oya no vex. Lmao.

Me? Love and Bball? You must have mistaken me for someone else. tongue
Re: The Movie Club by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 16, 2009
apart from a great chemistry between Bale and Worthington the movie was mediocre at best.
that director must have slept with someone to get the part because he has no skills whatsoever,  and where did they get that miserable plot?!
so many holes in this story, so many questions that would be forever left unanswered, (unless the dvd will have them for us in a different ending)

- when skynet got Kyle, why didnt they just kill the little bastard instead of locking him up? it made absolutely no sense. kill him and John Connor is no more. end of story!
- why didnt the T800 just brake John Connor's neck when he could instead of throwing him around like a puppet, does terminator have remorse now?
-see how the terminator punch a hole in that guy's rib cage but yet prefer to play around with other more important characters?! it makes absolutely no sense!
- in the "terminator" i know, only a terminator can stand a 1 on 1 fight with a terminator. where did this human get the "skills"?
- why did Blair trust Marcus so easily? what has he done to deserve such trust from her?! did i miss a part? does resistance fighter trust people that easily?
- why all the women in this movie look like supermodels?! shit even their nails were polished!!!!
- that kyle character was so bad, i could have done a better job (this kid cant act!!!!)
- is it me or there was no terminator to be seen in that flick?!
-skynet has motorcycle robots from the future that cant seem to see a wire in front of them?!

i dont think they will ever be able to bring the brilliance of T2 again.
as for TRANSFORMER2, guys dont get your hopes too high, it might be just another terminator rip off!!!!
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 8:18pm On Jun 16, 2009
@ElRazur
lol. . U'ld.be.surprised.how.well.women.love.and.can.analyse.action.movies. . But.true.talk.'bout.the.handbags.and.shoes.though. .lol.

Transformers.2.shld.be.out.by.24th.of.this.month. .Must.see!.

I.think.everybody's.issue.with.Terminator.is.the.story. Very.shallow.story.telling. All.they.did.was.beef.it.up.with.the.robotic.graphics. . Which.was.nice.by.the.way. .

@Brown
Ur.so.spot.on.the.Skynet.and.Kyle.part.
I.totally.dont.understand.why.he.didnt.just.kill.the.guy.? I.tell.you. .it.was.way.easier.to.kill.him.than.to.lock.him.up. And.by.the.way. . .it.woulda.made.more.sense. .
So.many.stupid.errors.in.the.story. Like.I.said.before. .the.movie.made.me.miss.Arnold. Only.Bale.did.well . . So.bad.he.did.all.that.acting.on.a.stupid.movie.

. . .and.that.Kyle.dude.was.sooo.annoying. .
Thinkin.of.changing.my.rating.to.40%. .
Dat.terrible. .

Like.I.fear.every.sequel. .i'm.afraid.Transformers.2.would.not.live.up.to.the.bill. . Cos.it.would.be.suicidal.to.outo.the.first.movie. .
Re: The Movie Club by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 16, 2009
all them sequel/prequel are primarily a financial thing and they just try to make some sleazy story hold it up.
they are so good at making a trailer look fantastic but if the complete package aint got substance then its all BS.
i can think of a few movie sequel that should have NEVER seen the light of day:
BATMAN AND ROBIN
MEN IN BLACK2
BASIC INSTINCT2
SPEED2
PREDATOR2
MATRIX REVOLUTION
GODFATHER3
ROCKY5/6 (aka Rocky Balboa)
SON OF THE MASK
DUMB AND DUMBERER
DR DOLITTLE 2/3

and the list goes on

and its never gonna stop, watch out for these coming sequel:
BEVERLY HILLS COP 4
I ROBOT2
I AM LEGEND2
SHREK5
NATIONAL TREASURE3
RAMBO5
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 2:42am On Jun 17, 2009
They.mite.even.come.up.with.RAY.2.!, lol. Lmao
Nice.list . .
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 1:33pm On Jun 17, 2009
Anyone.has.anything.else.to.say.bout.this.movie?. . Think.its.a.general.idea.that.this.movie.is.a.major.letdown. Didn't.even.scratch.the.surface.of.a.'good.movie'. But.we.all.agree.the.graphics.were.soo.on.point. .lol,

any.last.words?, lol
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 7:22pm On Jun 19, 2009
Terminator:Salvation

Average.Rating - 53%
General.Comment - A.big.letdown. Didn't.meet.the.expectation.of.fan's. The.preceeding.titles.were.better.
Re: The Movie Club by justkunmi(m): 7:42pm On Jun 19, 2009
Next.movie.on.review. .

State.of.Play

Directed.by
Kevin.MacDonald

Produced.by
Andrew.Hauptman
Tim.Bevman

Written.by
Matthew.Michael
Tony.Gilroy

Starring.
Russel.Crowe
Ben.Affleck
Rachel.McAdams
Helen.Mirren

Re: The Movie Club by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jun 19, 2009
this is a great political thriller with a nice twist, keeping you guessing all the way till the end. i didnt really like the look of "overweight" Russel Crowe and, Ben Affleck is still one of the most overrated actors out there (in my book). the BBC series of this movie was much better.

although a movie, its a common knowledge that most of the US war "budget" went/goes to these unscrupulous companies(Halliburton, Black water) that will stand at nothing to get what they want and stay in their position. sad that this kind of nonsense still happens today.
Re: The Movie Club by disturbed(m): 3:32pm On Jun 22, 2009
I prefered the TV Series. .
saw the movie halfway but wasnt really impressed.
wld complete it tonight. . would come back with my comments

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (96) (Reply)

NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s / K.brule And Khloe Disqualified From The Big Brother House (details) / BBNaija: Tacha Slays In Transparent Dress During Birthday Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.