Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,684 members, 7,823,927 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? (42392 Views)

Ladies, If He Exudes Most Of These Traits, Pls Consider Marrying Him / Marrying From Tiv: Check Their Marriage Requirements. / Why Do Igbos Renounce Marrying From This Particular Tribe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by Ojim07(m): 8:39pm On Oct 01, 2015
Opinions here dnt matter much....Families' opinion z what you should sort for.....(veri important)

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by Sirsoftness(m): 8:43pm On Oct 01, 2015
menxer:

[color=red ]

Use this format without the space. "red" can be any color of your choice
[/color ]

[color=blue] like this?[/colour]
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by Sirsoftness(m): 8:47pm On Oct 01, 2015
Sirsoftness:
Abeg I quit
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by harry509: 8:48pm On Oct 01, 2015
Keziehenry:
Please your urgent response is needed.
I don't tink I can marry frm dsame family.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by Justicealh3(m): 8:55pm On Oct 01, 2015
Whatever ya do.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by captianfreeman(m): 8:57pm On Oct 01, 2015
Keziehenry:

It is very wrong both Culturally and morally. Here in africa and indeed in many part of the world, it is unacceptable for two brothers to marry two sisters. It lead to contamination of that linage.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by freeage7(m): 8:58pm On Oct 01, 2015
Keziehenry:
Call family meeting, then table the matter.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by preshpresh(f): 8:58pm On Oct 01, 2015
Deres ntn wrong in it, afterall d boys are nt related to d girls some pple here are saying its wrong, so can dey please explain wats wrong in it?

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by DedeNkem: 9:00pm On Oct 01, 2015
Keziehenry:

There's absolutely nothing wrong with it.
Anyone who says is wrong is sick in the head.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 01, 2015
If a family is good,there is no problem two brothers marrying from the same family. But if a family is horrible, my brother will not marry any lady in their street, not to talk of their state.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by Adebisi95(m): 9:23pm On Oct 01, 2015
The principal thing is God's mind concerning it,so that somenoe will not live to regret it soon or later.
However,there is a need to still ask yourself why you are getting married in such a family.

Without much word,everything start from the heart,though I don't see anything bad/wrong with it.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by Chibaby87(f): 9:24pm On Oct 01, 2015
My mom and her elder sister married the same compound. I love it cos if am hungry, I will go their house and eat.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by menxer: 9:31pm On Oct 01, 2015
Sirsoftness:

Yes,
Color not colour
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by stancorleone(m): 9:32pm On Oct 01, 2015
No problem at all~ I am a product of that
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by sajjahwagu: 9:35pm On Oct 01, 2015
Nothing wrong ,my younger brother married my uncle's wife younger sister,it brought greater unity in our family
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by whisperj: 9:42pm On Oct 01, 2015
Nothing wrong with that in my opinion, but then some cultures may forbid it.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by Angoni(m): 9:44pm On Oct 01, 2015
Our elders have always prohibited this kind of thing. There is one reason I can think of in support of this, and this is to do with genetics. If both sides carry recessive genes for say sickle cell or albinism then each marriage across family members just increases the odds that their off spring my have a disease. But can also work other way round, if both families have better genes for instance. Nature always wants its gene pool diversified, unless really necessary I would suggest the brothers better marry from different families.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by felipemadero(m): 9:49pm On Oct 01, 2015
Hmm...I was thinking about that of recent.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by incredu: 9:50pm On Oct 01, 2015
Sirsoftness:

See as spelling hard u. Na "color" u suppose type.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by therapistmrs: 9:55pm On Oct 01, 2015
no it doesn't really matter but what matters the most is that the love you share with your partner is genuine.al the best.
therapistmr..com

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by Afoskalex(m): 10:25pm On Oct 01, 2015
[/blue]ok
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by dantedante: 10:50pm On Oct 01, 2015
It all depends in the variation of customs and traditions; Some custom don't see anything wrong with it while others detest it
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by Taiwo20(m): 10:59pm On Oct 01, 2015
If you can get a valuable item or service from a store, you wouldn't mind your friends and family getting similar version from same store, or its branches.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by emzila(m): 11:01pm On Oct 01, 2015
Nothing is wrong with that, there is an igbo proverb that says if a road is good, u go on it twice. If the first woman married from d family is of good virtue, i don't see anything bad in it if ur family visit d family again to add to her stock of virtue.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Oct 01, 2015
Medically speaking
If it can be avoided, it'll be better
Reasons best known by Eze Muo
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by wytecat: 11:04pm On Oct 01, 2015
Are they the only people in the town?
Is it just the two families in their village? As in case of rapture, and they have to procreate. If no, it's wrong, but to each his own!
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by ibawon(m): 11:39pm On Oct 01, 2015
I still wonder and ponder about this too. To me I don't see it as a Big deal
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by ifyan(m): 11:54pm On Oct 01, 2015
McCarlito:
Ask the elders in ur village... Cos one man's food is another man's poison...
It might be welcomed in some traditions; and considered a taboo in other traditions undecided undecided undecided

Nuce answer bro
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by Nobody: 12:03am On Oct 02, 2015
Nothing...absolutely!!!!!!
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by macaranta(m): 12:12am On Oct 02, 2015
To me it mixes up the whole thing imagine the relationships that would be formed.Check with the elders first and know what is permissible by tradition.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by Nobody: 12:49am On Oct 02, 2015
It has nothing to do with superstition but generally in yoruba land, two brothers getting married to two sisters is perceived as wrong. The reason an elder once gave me for this, is that one of the girls will never be a good wife, and can thus lead to 'disunity' among the brothers, therefore affecting the family in the long run.

Op, don't know what part of Nigeria you are from, but as someone posted earlier, ask the elders from your ethnic group.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I don't understand my fiancee behavior this days, could it be... / 10 Lies Women Tell Men! / 5 Funny Ways Guys Embarrass Them Self In Front Of Ladies.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.