Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,317 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? (42381 Views)

Ladies, If He Exudes Most Of These Traits, Pls Consider Marrying Him / Marrying From Tiv: Check Their Marriage Requirements. / Why Do Igbos Renounce Marrying From This Particular Tribe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by SailorXY: 1:09am On Oct 02, 2015
Why is this even a debate?

Ask elders ko... Nothing we no go see inside Africa
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by GobeCentral: 1:18am On Oct 02, 2015
McCarlito:
Ask the elders in ur village... Cos one man's food is another man's poison...
It might be welcomed in some traditions; and considered a taboo in other traditions undecided undecided undecided

Wonderful advice. Don't make the mistake of underating tradition and culture of your people, Or assuming love conquers all. Love tries, but trust me, you don't want any extra strains.

http://ceembal.com/2015/09/do-you-know-that-your-sleeping-position-tells-a-lot-about-your-relationship-and-sex-life
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by Certifiedboss: 2:52am On Oct 02, 2015
Keziehenry:
Please your urgent response is needed.

Personally I think its not a wise or smart idea because they Will always be comparison between the two marriages . sometimes they might be in competition with themselves in attaining some height or achieve some things . they will be comparison between family lives .
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by chichriso: 3:00am On Oct 02, 2015
anyway, many things are very wrong with that.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by esoboy875(m): 4:09am On Oct 02, 2015
For me, I tink it is wrong bt sha u should go nd find out weda it is acceptable in ur culture nd also d other partner should also do likwise.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by kolafolabi(m): 4:22am On Oct 02, 2015
Obviously there is nothing wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by Naff24(f): 5:12am On Oct 02, 2015
kinibigdeal:
shocked
So, kini big deal
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by kosokoadeyemi: 5:40am On Oct 02, 2015
Na be good thing,,but let know the tribe
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by PascalJ(m): 5:59am On Oct 02, 2015
[quote author=onomeglo post=38574529]yes kin big deal in it?
U luk seriously hot & cute. Bravo
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by Fxwarrior: 5:59am On Oct 02, 2015
McCarlito:
Ask the elders in ur village... Cos one man's food is another man's poison...
It might be welcomed in some traditions; and considered a taboo in other traditions undecided undecided undecided

It has nothing to do with tradition
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by castynept(m): 6:17am On Oct 02, 2015
Even if your culture approves of it, I believe it's still not right...does your religion accept it?
1. There may be much comparison between the families.
2. If you have a third brother or sister then he or she may have his or her family ostracised by your families unknowingly.
3. Your parents' influence on your families can create unbearable turnouts.
4. If you do have problems in your marriage then resolving it could be difficult because siblings might take sides.
...The risks are much and I pray you seriously reconsider.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by christinie(f): 6:21am On Oct 02, 2015
Who's talking about that?

Haven't you seen where twins got married to twins?
captianfreeman:

In other words : I can be bleeping you while my brother is bleeping your sister. Something is damn wrong with that.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by tunde1200(m): 6:27am On Oct 02, 2015
Some culture no really support it oo.
Best advise is to consult his village elders.

Vanpascore:
nothing bad joor, as Yoruba will se, karin kapo, yiye lo n yeni meaning "walking together in numbers is a prestige"
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by Adeabbey59(m): 6:32am On Oct 02, 2015
U ve had a lot of opinion, but let me add my own. From my own perspective, two brothers Marrying from same family is perfectly okay. It is jxt that we people have the problem of caring about what ppl think of our actions.

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by tenderlaw(m): 6:33am On Oct 02, 2015
Every man has his own beliefs. If you feel it is right, go ahead. If not, don't do it. As for me and my culture, nothing wrong with it. Those quoting religion are the worst hypocrites. Show me your reference in the bible or Quran. Here is a shocker for those opposing....first week of next month I'll be wedding my elder brother's wife's sister. And you know what, I'm enjoying myself so much. We dated for 3 years, and she's d best woman in the world. QED.

2 Likes

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by IDERAWOLE(m): 7:03am On Oct 02, 2015
Vanpascore:
nothing bad joor, as Yoruba will se, karin kapo, yiye lo n yeni meaning "walking together in numbers is a prestige"

You not sabi some things. Better ask well b4 you jump.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by makatamma: 7:04am On Oct 02, 2015
Is never bad o. At least, I and my sister they are marrying from, can still be together again for the rest of our life.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by Missmossy(f): 7:34am On Oct 02, 2015
Yes, don't think it's acceptable in my tribe.

Sounds like fun though but personally i don't fancy it
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by Emodeee: 7:52am On Oct 02, 2015
Missmossy:
Yes, don't think it's acceptable in my tribe.

Sounds like fun though but personally i don't fancy it

Ur contradicting ursef. Sounds like fun bt u dn't fancy it? So u don't like fun?
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by SirdeKay: 7:54am On Oct 02, 2015
I have attended a wedding in Ado-Ekiti between twins (male from the same parents) with another set of twins (female from same parents) which they celebrated on the same date and the two marriages are still waxing stronger till date

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 02, 2015
[quote author=PascalJ post=38583929][/quote]tanx sir
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by konjivity: 9:13am On Oct 02, 2015
Our elders say if a pathway is good, you are bound to use it again.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by Sirsoftness(m): 9:14am On Oct 02, 2015
incredu:

See as spelling hard u. Na "color" u suppose type.

Idiota...Na typo look hw ah spell d 1st 1
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by Sirsoftness(m): 9:17am On Oct 02, 2015
incredu:

See as spelling hard u. Na "color" u suppose type.

Idiota...Na typo look hw ah spell d 1st 1
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by rsleeky(f): 9:25am On Oct 02, 2015
For me.....its no big deal.....its actually cool
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by Larrylarex(m): 9:43am On Oct 02, 2015
Ever heard of the word 'double cousin'? That's what children from two brothers that married two blood sisters are called, so basically I think nothing is wrong with that but then, you know African beliefs nah
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by DjAduba(m): 11:03am On Oct 02, 2015
Its cool nothing is wrong with that if they both wish to...
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by IYANGBALI: 1:32pm On Oct 02, 2015
Harbosede02:
loll....ese o...E rora o
haaaa aunty Bose mi o se o,I no dey do dat kind thing o,e jo e ma binu o grin
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 02, 2015
IYANGBALI:
haaaa aunty Bose mi o se o,I no dey do dat kind thing o,e jo e ma binu o grin
wink grin
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by IYANGBALI: 1:35pm On Oct 02, 2015
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by kennboiy(m): 3:56pm On Oct 02, 2015
christinie:
Nothing wrong with that.
Really,i hope u would b able to do dat.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family? by kennboiy(m): 3:57pm On Oct 02, 2015
christinie:
Nothing wrong with that.
Really,i hope u would b able to dat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

7 Signs That Show Your Current Relationship Has No Future / My Girlfriend's Brother Is Taunting Me Always, pls Help! / I don't understand my fiancee behavior this days, could it be...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.