Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,208 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. (15172 Views)

Ways To Please Your Wife (islamic Perspective) / Christians, Why Don't You Beat Your Wives Like We Muslims Do? / 60 Ways to Show Love to Your Wife from an Islamic Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by topsy25(m): 1:16pm On Apr 22, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

Well, thank God I know about poison and how they work.

Just let him try it!

Self defense is never far from my lips undecided

Haba! shocked Toyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnn, have u forgotten u ladies are created for us So we can u whatsoever we like with u, including beating grin cheesy
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:35pm On Apr 22, 2009
alagolo you know too many morons
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by afix(m): 5:30pm On Apr 22, 2009
ALLAH demand total submission of a woman to her husband.Only a useless man will hits a submissive wife;ladies submissive and respectful and be good to your husband.
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:39pm On Apr 22, 2009
and when the husband is at fault, what does Allah demand that the wife does?
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 22, 2009
osisi is back cheesy cheesy

na wa o. . .are all those wife beaters in the us reading from the Quran? or those in nigeria?

http://www.answering-christianity.com/beating_yes.htm

excerpt

The following article was written for the sole purpose of avoiding compromising Islam in any shape or form. This article supports the Islamic interpretation for the word "beat" for those women who show disloyalty and ill-conduct to their husbands after their second warning. This article also shows in great details how Muslim men should live with their wives in kindness and love and to never intimidate them or upset them in general on the daily basis according to the Commands of Allah Almighty and Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him.

You judge for yourself.

Every time the issue of women in Islam is brought up, the Anti-Islamic debaters cheesy cheesy use the Noble Verse 4:34 as a point against Islam because in it Allah Almighty allows men to beat their wives.

Let us look at Noble Verses 4:34-36 "(34). Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, great (above you all).

(35). If ye fear a breach between them twain, appoint (two) arbiters, one from his family, and the other from hers; if they wish for peace, Allah will cause their reconciliation: For Allah hath full knowledge, and is acquainted with all things.

(36). Serve Allah, and join not any partners with Him; and do good- to parents, kinsfolk, orphans, those in need, neighbours who are near, neighbours who are strangers, the companion by your side, the wayfarer (ye meet), and what your right hands possess: For Allah loveth not the arrogant, the vainglorious;"

First of all, I do not agree with the English translators of the Noble Quran to add the word "(lightly)" in between parenthesis like if they were ashamed of their own Holy Book! Second, if someone really honestly wants to understand the Noble Quran, then he/she must not just only read the Noble Verses from it, but also study the history of each verse because each verse in the Noble Quran came for a purpose.

It is important to know that Allah Almighty clearly prohibits for Muslim men to harm their wives:

", Do not retain them (i.e., your wives) to harm them, (The Noble Quran, 2:231)"

"If a wife fears cruelty or desertion on her husband's part, there is no blame on them if they arrange an amicable settlement between themselves; and such settlement is best; even though men's souls are swayed by greed. But if ye do good and practise self-restraint, God is well-acquainted with all that ye do. (The Noble Quran, 4:128)"

So brutally beating the wives and causing bruises and damages to their bodies is clearly prohibited in Islam. But Allah Almighty also on the other hand, didn't say to gently tap (i.e., "(lightly)"wink them when it's time to physically punish them as some Muslim scholars like to make it appear. No, a Muslim man has to be moderate in his beating by sending the clear message to the disloyal wife, and at the same time by keeping her out of harm's way.
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 22, 2009
oyb so what was different about your own interpretation?  cheesy

So brutally beating the wives and causing bruises and damages to their bodies is clearly prohibited in Islam.  But Allah Almighty also on the other hand, didn't say to gently tap (i.e., "(lightly)"wink them when it's time to physically punish them as some Muslim scholars like to make it appear.  No, [size=18pt]a Muslim man has to be moderate in his beating[/size] by sending the clear message to the disloyal wife, and at the same time by keeping her out of harm's way.

How "moderate" is a beating? Beating in ANY form (brutal or moderate) is a severe blow to any woman's self esteem. If her own husband (the man she is supposed to feel freest with) has no qualms with flogging her (albeit moderately) . . . how does she hold her head up in society to other men?
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 22, 2009
davidylan i want you to try to read. . .

As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct,
admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds,
(And last) beat them (lightly)

hadith 7.119

I had been eager to ask 'Umar bin Al-Khattab about the two ladies from among the wives of the Prophet regarding whom Allah said "If you two (wives of the Prophet namely 'Aisha and Hafsa) turn in repentance to Allah, your hearts are indeed so inclined (to oppose what the Prophet likes)," (66.4) till 'Umar performed the Hajj and I too, performed the Hajj along with him. (On the way) 'Umar went aside to answer the call of nature, and I also went aside along with him carrying a tumbler full of water, and when 'Umar had finished answering the call of nature, I poured water over his hands and he performed the ablution. Then I said to him, "O chief of the Believers! Who were the two ladies from among the wives of the Prophet regarding whom Allah said: 'If you two (wives of the Prophet) turn in repentance to Allah your hearts are indeed so inclined (to oppose what the Prophet likes)?' " (66.4) He said, "I am astonished at your question, O Ibn Abbas. They were 'Aisha and Hafsa." Then 'Umar went on narrating the Hadith and said, "I and an Ansari neighbor of mine from Bani Umaiyya bin Zaid who used to live in Awali-al-Medina, used to visit the Prophet in turn. He used to go one day and I another day. When I went, I would bring him the news of what had happened that day regarding the Divine Inspiration and other things, and when he went, he used to do the same for me. We, the people of Quraish used to have the upper hand over our wives, but when we came to the Ansar, we found that their women had the upper hand over their men, so our women also started learning the ways of the Ansari women.

I shouted at my wife and she retorted against me and I disliked that she should answer me back. She said to me, 'Why are you so surprised at my answering you back? By Allah, the wives of the Prophet answer him back and some of them may leave (does not speak to) him throughout the day till the night.' The (talk) scared me and I said to her, 'Whoever has done so will be ruined!' Then I proceeded after dressing myself, and entered upon Hafsa and said to her, 'Does anyone of you keep the Prophet angry till night?' She said, 'Yes.' I said, 'You are a ruined losing person! Don't you fear that Allah may get angry for the anger of Allah's Apostle and thus you will be ruined? So do not ask more from the Prophet and do not answer him back and do not give up talking to him. Ask me whatever you need and do not be tempted to imitate your neighbor (i.e., 'Aisha) in her manners for she is more charming than you and more beloved to the Prophet.' " Umar added, "At that time a talk was circulating among us that (the tribe of) Ghassan were preparing their horses to invade us. My Ansari companion, on the day of his turn, went (to the town) and returned to us at night and knocked at my door violently and asked if I was there. I became horrified and came out to him. He said, 'Today a great thing has happened.' I asked, 'What is it? Have (the people of) Ghassan come?' He said, 'No, but (What has happened) is greater and more horrifying than that: Allah's Apostle has divorced his wives.' "

'Umar added, "The Prophet kept away from his wives and I said 'Hafsa is a ruined loser.' I had already thought that most probably this (divorce) would happen in the near future. So I dressed myself and offered the morning prayer with the Prophet and then the Prophet entered an upper room and stayed there in seclusion. I entered upon Hafsa and saw her weeping. I asked, 'What makes you weep? Did I not warn you about that? Did the Prophet divorce you all?' She said, 'I do not know. There he is retired alone in the upper room.' I came out and sat near the pulpit and saw a group of people sitting around it and some of them were weeping. I sat with them for a while but could not endure the situation, so I went to the upper room where the Prophet was and said to a black slave of his, 'Will you get the permission (of the Prophet ) for 'Umar (to enter)?' The slave went in, talked to the Prophet about it and then returned saying, 'I have spoken to the Prophet and mentioned you but he kept quiet.' Then I returned and sat with the group of people sitting near the pulpit. but I could not bear the situation and once again I said to the slave, 'Will you get the permission for 'Umar?' He went in and returned saying, 'I mentioned you to him but he kept quiet.' So I returned again and sat with the group of people sitting near the pulpit, but I could not bear the situation, and so I went to the slave and said, 'Will you get the permission for 'Umar?' He went in and returned to me saying, 'I mentioned you to him but he kept quiet.' When I was leaving, behold! The slave called me, saying, 'The Prophet has given you permission.'

Then I entered upon Allah's Apostle and saw him lying on a bed made of stalks of date palm leaves and there was no bedding between it and him. The stalks left marks on his side and he was leaning on a leather pillow stuffed with date-palm fires. I greeted him and while still standing I said, 'O Allah's Apostle! Have you divorced your wives?' He looked at me and said, 'No.' I said, 'Allahu Akbar!' And then, while still standing, I said chatting, 'Will you heed what I say, O Allah's Apostle? We, the people of Quraish used to have power over our women, but when we arrived at Medina we found that the men (here) were overpowered by their women.' The Prophet smiled and then I said to him, 'Will you heed what I say, O Allah's Apostle?' I entered upon Hafsa and said to her, 'Do not be tempted to imitate your companion ('Aisha), for she is more charming than you and more beloved to the Prophet.' The Prophet smiled for a second time. When I saw him smiling, I sat down. Then I looked around his house, and by Allah, I could not see anything of importance in his house except three hides, so I said, 'O Allah's Apostle! Invoke Allah to make your followers rich, for the Persians and the Romans have been made prosperous and they have been given (the pleasures of the world), although they do not worship Allah.' Thereupon the Prophet sat up as he was reclining. and said, 'Are you of such an opinion, O the son of Al-Khattab? These are the people who have received the rewards for their good deeds in this world.' I said, 'O Allah's Apostle! Ask Allah to forgive me.'

Then the Prophet kept away from his wives for twenty-nine days because of the story which Hafsa had disclosed to 'Aisha. The Prophet had said, 'I will not enter upon them (my wives) for one month,' because of his anger towards them, when Allah had admonished him. So, when twenty nine days had passed, the Prophet first entered upon 'Aisha. 'Aisha said to him, 'O Allah's Apostle! You had sworn that you would not enter upon us for one month, but now only twenty-nine days have passed, for I have been counting them one by one.' The Prophet said, 'The (present) month is of twenty nine days.' 'Aisha added, 'Then Allah revealed the Verses of the option. (2) And out of all his wives he asked me first, and I chose him.' Then he gave option to his other wives and they said what 'Aisha had said." (1) The Prophet had decided to abstain from eating a certain kind of food because of a certain event, so Allah blamed him for doing so. Some of his wives were the cause of him taking that decision, therefore he deserted them for one month. See Qur'an: (66.4)

going by Prophet Muhammad's (PBUH) example , you should keep away from your wife for a month if she seriously pisses you off, before you move to the heavily quoted wife beating . do you actually think most wife beaters wait that long? by a month all parties would have cooled down. abi bodi na wood? cheesy

its only stubborn women like osisi who gentle admonition, and cold bed cannot cure of agidi cheesy cheesy

ThiefOfHearts:

and when the husband is at fault, what does Allah demand that the wife does?

"If a wife fears cruelty or desertion on her husband's part, there is no blame on them if they arrange an amicable settlement between themselves; and such settlement is best; even though men's souls are swayed by greed. But if ye do good and practise self-restraint, God is well-acquainted with all that ye do. (The Noble Quran, 4:128)"
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 7:17pm On Apr 22, 2009
Oyb I do feel sorry for you somehow
You will be denying your religion if you said wife beating was evil just like most reasonable people do.
It's not your fault to an extent
your hands are tied (to a koboko I might add)

everything you've said so far has confirmed that wife beating is not unislamic
what you''re quarelling over is at what stage in the woman's "disobedience" the scourging should commence and the amount of force to be applied by the beater.
Am I right or am I right?
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Fhemmmy: 7:22pm On Apr 22, 2009
Me no see nothing oh
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 7:24pm On Apr 22, 2009
oyb:

(And last) beat them (lightly)

hadith 7.119

going by Prophet Muhammad's (PBUH) example , you should keep away from your wife for a month if she seriously pisses you off, before you move to the heavily quoted wife beating . do you actually think most wife beaters wait that long? by a month all parties would have cooled down. abi bodi na wood? cheesy

its only stubborn women like osisi who gentle admonition, and cold bed cannot cure of agidi cheesy cheesy

I know
If I had married your uncle una for don flog me taya,marry 3 wives put on top sef.
See how the book cleverly says adsmonish her
then banish her to her bed aka deprive her of sex
then beat her
the underlying fact here is that a religion permits,and has instructions on how to beat a wife
why should any right thinking individual take that religion seriously.
Even Amadioha worshippers will see it as cruel

1 Like

Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:25pm On Apr 22, 2009
why cant a Muslim man do the same instead of hitting her, oyb?  
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Nobody: 7:31pm On Apr 22, 2009
osisi ,

the simple fact is that if Muslims strictly follow the Hadith and Prophet Muhammed's highlighted example, there would be practically no incidents of wife beating.

it is recommended as a last resort. i can understand that you would choose to interpret it as ammunition in your constant oneupmanship  cheesy cheesy.

you know we don't have an old testament where we can shove / disown all things that modern  society finds distasteful  cheesy

I know
If I had married your uncle una for don flog me taya,marry 3 wives put on top sef.
See how the book cleverly says adsmonish her
then banish her to her bed aka deprive her of sex
then beat her
the underlying fact here is that a religion permits,and has instructions on how to beat a wife
why should any right thinking individual take that religion seriously.
Even Amadioha worshippers will see it as cruel

considering the high rates of domestic violence in ' christian' america, there must be alot of closet muslims out there

in much the same way, Islam permits divorce - even so of all things legal, it is the most hateful in the sight of Allah. stop being duplicituos.

here we go again. . .abeg go and face the right thinking people who have decided not to take your religion seriously in the religion threads . . .tongue tongue tongue
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 7:35pm On Apr 22, 2009
oyb:

osisi ,

the simple fact is that if Muslims strictly follow the Hadith and Prophet Muhammed's highlighted example, there would be practically no incidents of wife beating.

it is recommended as a last resort. i can understand that you would choose to interpret it as ammunition in your constant oneupmanship cheesy cheesy.

you know we don't have an old testament where we can shove / disown all things that modern society finds distasteful cheesy

abrogation nko?
allah would have abrogated this beating thing and we won't be here
see the dilemma you face now
explaining the force, velocity,magnitude and frequency of wife beating on the internet
I don't envy you
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Nobody: 7:37pm On Apr 22, 2009
oyb:

Which is what i did and will still try to do again.

oyb:

[size=18pt](And last) beat them (lightly)[/size]

hadith 7.119

Am i seeing double here or do i need glasses to read the above? Why should you beat your EQUAL PARTNER in a marriage? Is she a little child?

oyb:

going by Prophet Muhammad's (PBUH) example , you should keep away from your wife for a month if she seriously pisses you off, before you move to the heavily quoted wife beating . do you actually think most wife beaters wait that long? by a month all parties would have cooled down. abi bodi na wood?  cheesy

its only stubborn women like osisi who gentle admonition, and cold bed cannot cure of agidi  cheesy cheesy

1. Ignoring your wife her conjugal rights for ONE MONTH if she pisses you off makes absolutely no sense and makes a mockery of islam's claim to "peace" and "mercy". Whatever happened to love, compromise and forgiveness? How can you stay mad with your wife for one day not to talk of one month?  shocked
Is this also the same hadith that has severe punishments for women who deny their husband sex? shocked

2. Whether beating is admonished as a first, third or last resort does not matter . . . the mere fact that it is suggested AT ALL is the problem. If the hadith considered women on equal footing as men the thought would not even have crossed their minds.
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 7:39pm On Apr 22, 2009

(And last) beat them .

I don't even want to go into the 3 stages of wife discipline
neither do I want to engage in a debate regarding if the 3 stages can occur on the same day or separated by 3 full moons.
the main issue is that a man can beat his wife according to Islam.
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 22, 2009
oyb:

Bogus.

oyb:

it is recommended as a last resort. i can understand that you would choose to interpret it as ammunition in your constant oneupmanship  cheesy cheesy.

Why is it recommended AT ALL?

oyb:

you know we don't have an old testament where we can shove / disown all things that modern  society finds distasteful  cheesy

The usual handwaving from the dishonest muslim. When he gets stuck with the incredulities of islam quickly run to the bible and say . . . "see you too"!

oyb:

considering the high rates of domestic violence in ' christian'  america, there must be alot of closet muslims out there

So every american is a christian because the nation was founded by christian men? As usual . . . dishonest tactics come in handy.
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 7:45pm On Apr 22, 2009
oyb:

osisi ,

considering the high rates of domestic violence in ' christian' america, there must be alot of closet muslims out there

in much the same way, Islam permits divorce - even so of all things legal, it is the most hateful in the sight of Allah. stop being duplicituos.

here we go again. . .abeg go and face the right thinking people who have decided not to take your religion seriously in the religion threads . . .tongue tongue tongue

Oyb it's a pity all the other Muslims on the site kept away from this thread and you came in to defend wife beating.
Yes there are wife beaters in America but wife beating is a punishable crime but on your part it is sanctioned by allah
do you see the difference?
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 22, 2009
davidylan:

Which is what i did and will still try to do again.

Am i seeing double here or do i need glasses to read the above? Why should you beat your EQUAL PARTNER in a marriage? Is she a little child?

1. Ignoring your wife her conjugal rights for ONE MONTH if she pisses you off makes absolutely no sense and makes a mockery of islam's claim to "peace" and "mercy". Whatever happened to love, compromise and forgiveness? How can you stay mad with your wife for one day not to talk of one monthshocked
Is this also the same hadith that has severe punishments for women who deny their husband sex?  shocked

2. Whether beating is admonished as a first, third or last resort does not matter . . . the mere fact that it is suggested AT ALL is the problem. If the hadith considered women on equal footing as men the thought would not even have crossed their minds.

now you are being duplicituos. we see it in american movies and sitcoms all the  time, husband and wife are fighting , and husband sleeps in the living room for the time being, not so?

do you really believe the bull you're spouting up there? don't worry. small boy  cheesy. you never marry, or even dey serious relationship  cheesy- thats why you actually believe that a person cannot stay mad at his spouse/significant other for even a day. you never hear am.

davidylan, the man with a heart of gold  grin madam cheats on him,he's only angry for a day,
madam cleans out his account, only angry for a day. . .madam crashes his car, only angry for a day. . .this is at odds with the davidylan we know on NL. . . grin grin
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 22, 2009
oyb:

now you are being duplicituos. we see it in american movies and sitcoms all the  time, husband and wife are fighting , and husband sleeps in the living room for the time being, not so?

do you really believe the bull you're spouting up there? don't worry. small boy  cheesy. you never marry, or even dey serious relationship  cheesy- thats why you actually believe that a person cannot stay mad at his spouse/significant other for even a day. you never hear am.

davidylan, the man with a heart of gold  grin madam cheats on him,he's only angry for a day,
madam cleans out his account, only angry for a day. . .madam crashes his car, only angry for a day. . .this is at odds with the davidylan we know on NL. . . grin grin

I am not married . . . good point but i have been darn close to it so i know what i can and cannot do. Why shld your wife cheat on you in the first place or clean out your account? Take your time to prayerfully choose a spouse who complements you and not one out to ruin you and perhaps you wont have a marriage akin to what you see in movies.

That marriages are theaters of war today does not mean there are no model marriages out there where genuine love and care exists.

Besides the BS you just posted . . . the topic is on wife beating not davidylan's spouse . . . stick to the topic pls. You have a penchant for stylishly changing the subject when you get stuck with your incredulous quran.

the bible understood that marriages werent perfect either but it didnt tell us to go ahead slapping our wives around. I have read the bible for so many yrs and never have i come across a place where husbands maltreated their wives. Even secular laws agree that marriages are not perfect, yet wife beating is against the law.

Islam must exist on another planet.
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 8:01pm On Apr 22, 2009
oyb:

now you are being duplicituos. we see it in american movies and sitcoms all the  time, husband and wife are fighting , and husband sleeps in the living room for the time being, not so?

do you really believe the bull you're spouting up there? don't worry. small boy  cheesy. you never marry, or even dey serious relationship  cheesy- thats why you actually believe that a person cannot stay mad at his spouse/significant other for even a day. you never hear am.

davidylan, the man with a heart of gold  grin madam cheats on him,he's only angry for a day,

so you wey don marry tell us the non sensitive area of your wife's body where she gets her beatings?
please stop talking,you're making things worse.
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Nobody: 8:02pm On Apr 22, 2009
osisi, you want me to play it the other way. . . cheesy

http://www.answering-christianity.com/beating_no.htm

2-   Noble Verses and Sayings that support the prohibition of any type of wife beating:

The following Noble Verses and Sayings from the Noble Quran and Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him respectively seem to very well support the above interpretation:

", Do not retain them (i.e., your wives) to harm them, (The Noble Quran, 2:231)"

"If a wife fears cruelty or desertion on her husband's part, there is no blame on them if they arrange an amicable settlement between themselves; and such settlement is best; even though men's souls are swayed by greed. But if ye do good and practise self-restraint, God is well-acquainted with all that ye do.  (The Noble Quran, 4:128)"

Narrated Mu'awiyah al-Qushayri: "I went to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) and asked him: What do you say (command) about our wives? He replied: Give them food what you have for yourself, and clothe them by which you clothe yourself, and do not beat them, and do not revile them.  (Sunan Abu-Dawud, Book 11, Marriage (Kitab Al-Nikah), Number 2139)"

Narrated Mu'awiyah ibn Haydah: "I said: Apostle of Allah, how should we approach our wives and how should we leave them? He replied: Approach your tilth when or how you will, give her (your wife) food when you take food, clothe when you clothe yourself, do not revile her face, and do not beat her.  (Sunan Abu-Dawud, Book 11, Marriage (Kitab Al-Nikah), Number 2138)"

Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying: "He who believes in Allah and the Hereafter, if he witnesses any matter he should talk in good terms about it or keep quiet. Act kindly towards woman, for woman is created from a rib, and the most crooked part of the rib is its top. If you attempt to straighten it, you will break it, and if you leave it, its crookedness will remain there. So act kindly towards women.  (Translation of Sahih Muslim, The Book of Marriage (Kitab Al-Nikah), Book 008, Number 3468)"  

"O ye who believe! Ye are forbidden to inherit women against their will. Nor should ye treat them with harshness, that ye may take away part of the dower [money given by the husband to the wife for the marriage contract] ye have given them, except where they have been guilty of open lewdness; on the contrary live with them on a footing of kindness and equity. If ye take a dislike to them it may be that ye dislike a thing, and God brings about through it a great deal of good.  (The Noble Quran, 4:19)"  

"And among God's signs is this: He created for you mates from amongst yourselves (males as mates for females and vice versa) that you might find tranquillity and peace in them. And he has put love and kindness among you. Herein surely are signs for those who reflect. (The Noble Quran 30:21)"  

"Women impure for men impure. And women of purity for men of purity. These are not affected by what people say. For them is forgiveness and an honorable provision. (The Noble Quran 24:26)"

Narrated Abu Huraira: "Allah's Apostle said, 'The strong is not the one who overcomes the people by his strength, but the strong is the one who controls himself while in anger.  (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Good Manners and Form (Al-Adab), Volume 8, Book 73, Number 135)"

Narrated Abu Huraira: "A man said to the Prophet , 'Advise me! 'The Prophet said, 'Do not become angry and furious.' The man asked (the same) again and again, and the Prophet said in each case, 'Do not become angry and furious.'   (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Good Manners and Form (Al-Adab), Volume 8, Book 73, Number 137)"  

Abu Huraira reported: "I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: One is not strong because of one's wrestling skillfully. They said: Allah's Messenger, then who is strong? He said: He who controls his anger when he is in a fit of rage.  (Translation of Sahih Muslim, The Book of Virtue, Good Manners and Joining of the Ties of Relationship (Kitab Al-Birr was-Salat-I-wa'l-Adab), Book 032, Number 6314)"

Allah Almighty loves those who restrain anger: "Those who spend (freely), whether in prosperity, or in adversity; who restrain anger, and pardon (all) men; for Allah loves those who do good.  (The Noble Quran, 3:134)"

we've been through this before. . .its called cherry picking. People will always find something to suit/twist to their agenda.

the question should be why did you choose to post a topic that is nothing more than your usual islam bashing games in family, where a lot of muslims don't show face? i just decided to check the thread, I didn't know  you were up to your usual tricks  grin grin

So every american is a christian because the nation was founded by christian men? As usual . . . dishonest tactics come in handy.

grin grin grin yeah, i just know OJ ( one of the more famous wife beaters)was a muslim  grin grin

If the hadith considered women on equal footing as men the thought would not even have crossed their minds.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-160981.0.html

A Nigerian Mr. Kelechi Charles Emeruwa,  41 of Old Umuahia, Abia State was charged and convicted with first degree murder of his estranged wife, 36 year old Registered Nurse, Chidiebere Omenihu Ochulo. Kelechi finally lost it and stabbed his wife, with her own kitchen knife, several times that the fountain left on Julius Ceaser fades in comparison, until she gave up the ghost

A heinous act which hitherto would be very abominable that people are shocked to their bone marrows is today seen as a possibility. In Garland, Texas on Saturday, March 25, 2007 Mr.Theophilus Ojukwu, (pictured right in his orange prison jumpsuit) 46, of Enugwu-Agu, Ihe in Awgu LGA, Enugu State used a mattock (hammer) to bludgeon his deeply asleep RN wife, Melvina Ojukwu, 36, of Umuanebe, also of Ihe, Awgu LGA, Enugu State to a very painful agonizing death.

Another Nigerian nut-case, Mr. John Onwuka (pictured here right in his orange prison jumpsuit) 49, from Akwete community of Ohafia Bende Local Government Area of Abia State was charged with one count each of homicide and use of a knife in the commission of a felony. He stabbed his RN wife of twenty five years, Mrs Gloria Uchechi Anya Onwuka age 42, fourteen times in her bedroom while she was getting ready to go to work. She was a nurse manager

so the bible does not put men and women on equal footing, or why did murder cross these men's ( shebi ibos are call christian, not so?) minds? or perhaps they are even lower  than  'Amadioha worshippers'  cheesy cheesy
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 22, 2009
Besides the BS you just posted . . . the topic is on wife beating not davidylan's spouse . . . stick to the topic pls. You have a penchant for stylishly changing the subject when you get stuck with your incredulous quran.

i must have learnt that from you. . .

you are the one who chose to inform us of your heart of gold. . .you have an absurd penchant for using yourself as some sort of test subject in debates.
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 8:08pm On Apr 22, 2009
osisi, you want me to play it the other way. . . cheesy

http://www.answering-christianity.com/beating_no.htm

we've been through this before. . .its called cherry picking. People will always find something to suit/twist to their agenda.

you haven't denied wife beating so far
you saw the videos
you even quoted the verse  supporting it so what exacrtly have I done wrong?

the question should be why did you choose to post a topic that is nothing more than your usual islam bashing games in family, where a lot of muslims don't show face? i just decided to check the thread, I didn't know  you were up to your usual tricks  grin grin

grin grin grin yeah, i just know OJ ( one of the more famous wife beaters)was a muslim  grin grin
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-160981.0.html

The question is why should Islam sanction domestic violence?
I'm talkling about allah and you're giving me stories of a man that beat and killed his wife
Is Mr Igbo now equal to allah?
na you talk am o

so the bible does not put men and women on equal footing, or why did murder cross these men's ( shebi ibos are call christian, not so?) minds? or perhaps they are even lower  than  'Amadioha worshippers'  cheesy cheesy

is this now a tribal issue or are we talking of allah allowed scourges
In addition to the methods on the video,you sef provided more evidence and the modalities of the beating
please stick to the topic. which so far you've not denied
what are we arguing about?
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 22, 2009
yes, i have not denied. end of story. it is in the Quran. i have also posted other verses.

fine. now that you have established without a clear doubt that Islam santions domestic violence, can you declare the thread closed?  grin grin

or you can post more videos and keep singing your long story about how no right thinking person can be a Muslim

you can always go and dig up some more you tube links of assertions by obscure imams posted by davidylans mentors in isreal. perhaps i too should refernece assertions from jeremiah wright tongue

this organisation (MEMRI) is the original source of the videos

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_East_Media_Research_Institute

MEMRI was co-founded in 1998 by Israeli Yigal Carmon along with Meyrav Wurmser (Director of the Center for Middle East Policy at the Hudson Institute and contributing expert to the Ariel Center).

Claims of translation inaccuracy
See also: Tomorrow's Pioneers#Translation controversy

The accuracy of MEMRI's translations is sometimes disputed,[15] as in the case of MEMRI's translation of a 2004 Osama bin Laden video, which MEMRI defended.[32][33][10][27][34] Norman Finkelstein, in an interview with the Muslim newspaper In Focus said MEMRI "uses the same sort of propaganda techniques as the Nazis,  [I]t’s a reliable assumption that anything MEMRI translates from the Middle East is going to be unreliable."[22]

Reporter Steven Erlanger wrote in the New York Times that "No one disputes" MEMRI's translations.[35] Brad Sherman, a Congressman, has praised MEMRI's translations as helping his work on the House International Relations Committee.[36]

Controversy

MEMRI's work has been attacked on three grounds: that their work is biased; that they choose articles to translate selectively so as to give an unrepresentative view of the media they are reporting on; and that their translations are sometimes inaccurate.[10] MEMRI has responded to the attacks of critics, stating that their work is not biased; that they in fact choose representative articles from the Arab media that accurately reflect the opinions expressed, and that their translations are highly accurate.[10] Its work has generated strong criticism[22] and praise.[23]

Claims of bias

Brian Whitaker, the Middle East editor for the Guardian newspaper in the United Kingdom, has been one of the most outspoken critics of MEMRI, writing: "My problem with Memri is that it poses as a research institute when it's basically a propaganda operation,"[10] to "further the political agenda of Israel."[9] In response, MEMRI President Yigal Carmon, states: "You are right: we do have an agenda. As an institute of research, we want MEMRI to present translations to people who wish to be informed on the ideas circulating in the Middle East. We aim to reflect reality. If knowledge of this reality should benefit one side or another, then so be it."[10]

Claims of selectivity

Several critics have accused MEMRI of selectivity. They state that MEMRI consistently picks for translation and dissemination the most extreme views, which portray the Arab and Muslim world in a negative light, while ignoring moderate views that are often found in the same media outlets.[9][24][25] As a result, critics such as Ken Livingstone state, MEMRI's analyses are "distortion."[26][27][28] Laila Lalami, writing in The Nation, and Ali Abunimah of the Electronic Intifada also criticize MEMRI's failure to translate Hebrew articles in the Israeli media that contain extreme views.[24][29]

more on osisi's source

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2002/aug/12/worlddispatch.brianwhitaker

good to know memri's agents in the propaganda war are  in business on NL  tongue tongue
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Hauwa1: 8:26pm On Apr 22, 2009
i think the idea of depriving her of sex is even better than beating. it must be really hard for these women.
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by chibaby5(f): 8:30pm On Apr 22, 2009
so so outta order! ! really dnt understand da whole religion man!
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 10:35pm On Apr 22, 2009
oyb:

yes, i have not denied. end of story. it is in the Quran. i have also posted other verses.

fine. now that you have established without a clear doubt that Islam santions domestic violence, can you declare the thread closed? grin grin

or you can post more videos and keep singing your long story about how no right thinking person can be a Muslim

you can always go and dig up some more you tube links of assertions by obscure imams posted by davidylans mentors in isreal. perhaps i too should refernece assertions from jeremiah wright tongue

this organisation (MEMRI) is the original source of the videos

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_East_Media_Research_Institute

Claims of translation inaccuracy
See also: Tomorrow's Pioneers#Translation controversy

Controversy

MEMRI's work has been attacked on three grounds: that their work is biased; that they choose articles to translate selectively so as to give an unrepresentative view of the media they are reporting on; and that their translations are sometimes inaccurate.[10] MEMRI has responded to the attacks of critics, stating that their work is not biased; that they in fact choose representative articles from the Arab media that accurately reflect the opinions expressed, and that their translations are highly accurate.[10] Its work has generated strong criticism[22] and praise.[23]

more on osisi's source

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2002/aug/12/worlddispatch.brianwhitaker

good to know memri's agents in the propaganda war are in business on NL tongue tongue

why are you now attacking the TV station when you provided us with a verse from the Koran and a few hadiths collaborating their clip.
What is the matter?
do you think the translation is wrong
can you provide me with a better one afterall you're supposed to be speaking and understanding Arabic
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by debosky(m): 10:44pm On Apr 22, 2009
Going by Imam #2's description, most of the nairaland women (especially the Ekiti ones) can only be lived with by practicing beating! cheesy grin grin

oyb do you have a manual showing how to beat without bruising? grin
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by ikamefa(f): 10:58pm On Apr 22, 2009
" grin "
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Nobody: 11:00pm On Apr 22, 2009
For once, I thought I was in religion sec embarassed embarassed

@debosky
Speechless angry angry angry
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Nobody: 11:01pm On Apr 22, 2009
Haba! Shocked Toyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnn, have u forgotten u ladies are created for us Huh So we can u whatsoever we like with u, including beating

W.H.A.T I.S Y.O.U.R O.L.D I.D?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Conditions Of Udhiyaah (sacrificial Lamb) For Eid / Pakistani Islamic Cleric Arrested For Framing Christian Girl For Blasphemy / Islamic Indonesia Fights Against The Jilboob (tight Hijab)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.