Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,129 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. (15171 Views)

Ways To Please Your Wife (islamic Perspective) / Christians, Why Don't You Beat Your Wives Like We Muslims Do? / 60 Ways to Show Love to Your Wife from an Islamic Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by noetic2: 10:21pm On Jul 01, 2009
olabowale:

sleek29 calls every female girl. Mr. Ciility or civilization.

What is civilazation? Please define it and you will find the imprint of Islam. Europe did not take shower, until islam taught them. They did not know how to use cutleries, either until Islam educated them.

You sleek29, I am certain dont know how to wipe yourself clean. And your cloth; undergarments and pants can't be devoid of urine! You stand and you shake and you are unmindful of the remaining droplets that socked your pants. lol.

How civilized can you be, man.

have u ever beaten any of ur wives before? lying is not allowed.
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 11:09pm On Jul 01, 2009
olabowale:

What is civilazation? Please define it and you will find the imprint of Islam. Europe did not take shower, until islam taught them. They did not know how to use cutleries, either until Islam educated them.

You sleek29, I am certain dont know how to wipe yourself clean. And your cloth; undergarments and pants can't be devoid of urine! You stand and you shake and you are unmindful of the remaining droplets that socked your pants. lol.

ROFL
which of the ancient civilizations was Islamic again?
what did they invent?
Light, pipe borne water ,the shower,cutlery, the internet, penicillin,surgical techniques,airplanes,trains,automobile,microwave,telephone,cell phones,credit cards,brassiere ,refrigerator?
Tell me a few things we can't do without that was invented by Islam?
Suya?
Then tell me again why the best minds in Islam land are trained in the USA  and UK
A degree from either of these 2 places is preferred to a trip to Mecca.
Why are they all over our journals looking for American trained professionals
Tell us again why they are tripping over themselves to migrate to the USA even if for a season.
Puhlease!!
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 01, 2009
olabowale:

shocked shocked shocked grin grin cheesy cheesy Islam is synonymous with lying.
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 11:39pm On Jul 01, 2009
david ROFL
I searched the internet and the inventor of stainless steel is from Sheffield England
The oldest form of modern cutlery is either from China or India,some say damascus
The oldest showers were made by the Greeks
So how on earth did Islam teach Europe to take a bath or use cutlery
did they invent water or metals?
people who lived in desert places with little waters around invented taking baths?
why else did mohammed recommend sand for ablution if water was in abundance at his end.
In all the wars they were busy waging,what time did they have to think of inventing anything besides perhaps bows and arrows? grin
ROFL
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Nobody: 12:01am On Jul 02, 2009
I suggest she hires some guys to beat up the husband. Beating sweet everyone.
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by olabowale(m): 1:18am On Jul 02, 2009
@Davidylan: Sharrap Davidylan and go take a walk around lake Eerie. Please perform the experiment of weak and dying light from the sun hitting the water at sunset. Tell us how very clear colored it is or more opague, murky. I want to teach $Osisi some Islam. Please take the Londoner along with you. lol. He is like a pest, a stubborn roach. You spray the house, it will find a way to come back!

@$Osisi: Below is what Wkipedia presented under "Islamic Golden age," as I ased on Google; list any invention made by Islam. Let just say its a surprise as nothing short of good material to refute your above claim was written about islam in the field of medicine. You can can go to wikipedia and check it out. Am sure they will not be as thorough as the muslims whose heritage is the one being denied by the non-muslims.

Medicine
Main article: Islamic medicine
Further information: Islamic psychology, Bimaristan, and Ophthalmology in medieval Islam
Islamic medicine was a genre of medical writing that was influenced by several different medical systems. The works of ancient Greek and Roman physicians Hippocrates, Dioscorides, Soranus, Celsus and Galen had a lasting impact on Islamic medicine.[132][133][134]

Muslim physicians made many significant contributions to medicine, including anatomy, experimental medicine, ophthalmology, pathology, the pharmaceutical sciences, physiology, surgery, etc. They also set up some of the earliest dedicated hospitals,[135] including the first medical schools[136] and psychiatric hospitals.[137] Al-Kindi wrote the De Gradibus, in which he first demonstrated the application of quantification and mathematics to medicine and pharmacology, such as a mathematical scale to quantify the strength of drugs and the determination in advance of the most critical days of a patient's illness.[138] Al-Razi (Rhazes) discovered measles and smallpox, and in his Doubts about Galen, proved Galen's humorism false.[126]

Abu al-Qasim (Abulcasis) helped lay the foudations for modern surgery,[139] with his Kitab al-Tasrif, in which he invented numerous surgical instruments, including the first instruments unique to women,[140] as well as the surgical uses of catgut and forceps, the ligature, surgical needle, scalpel, curette, retractor, surgical spoon, sound, surgical hook, surgical rod, and specula,[141] and bone saw.[74] Ibn al-Haytham (Alhacen) made important advances in eye surgery, as he correctly explained the process of sight and visual perception for the first time in his Book of Optics.[140]

The Persian scientist Avicenna introduced experimental medicine, discovered contagious diseases, introduced quarantine and clinical trials, and described many anaesthetics and medical and therapeutic drugs, in The Canon of Medicine.Ibn Sina (Avicenna) helped lay the foundations for modern medicine,[142] with The Canon of Medicine, which was responsible for introducing systematic experimentation and quantification in physiology,[143] the discovery of contagious disease, introduction of quarantine to limit their spread, introduction of experimental medicine, evidence-based medicine, clinical trials,[144] randomized controlled trials,[145][146] efficacy tests,[147][148] and clinical pharmacology,[149] the first descriptions on bacteria and viral organisms,[150] distinction of mediastinitis from pleurisy, contagious nature of tuberculosis, distribution of diseases by water and soil, skin troubles, sexually transmitted diseases, perversions, nervous ailments,[135] use of ice to treat fevers, and separation of medicine from pharmacology.[140]

Ibn Zuhr (Avenzoar) was the earliest known experimental surgeon.[151] In the 12th century, he was responsible for introducing the experimental method into surgery, as he was the first to employ animal testing in order to experiment with surgical procedures before applying them to human patients.[152] He also performed the first dissections and postmortem autopsies on humans as well as animals.[153]

Ibn al-Nafis laid the foundations for circulatory physiology,[154] as he was the first to describe the pulmonary circulation[155] and coronary circulation,[156][157] which form the basis of the circulatory system, for which he is considered "the greatest physiologist of the Middle Ages."[158] He also described the earliest concept of metabolism,[159] and developed new systems of physiology and psychology to replace the Avicennian and Galenic systems, while discrediting many of their erroneous theories on humorism, pulsation,[160] bones, muscles, intestines, sensory organs, bilious canals, esophagus, stomach, etc.[161]

Ibn al-Lubudi rejected the theory of humorism, and discovered that the body and its preservation depend exclusively upon blood, women cannot produce sperm, the movement of arteries are not dependent upon the movement of the heart, the heart is the first organ to form in a fetus' body, and the bones forming the skull can grow into tumors.[162] Ibn Khatima and Ibn al-Khatib discovered that infectious diseases are caused by microorganisms which enter the human body.[163] Mansur ibn Ilyas drew comprehensive diagrams of the body's structural, nervous and circulatory systems.[5]

[edit] Physics
Main article: Islamic physics
The study of experimental physics began with Ibn al-Haytham,[164] a pioneer of modern optics, who introduced the experimental scientific method and used it to drastically transform the understanding of light and vision in his Book of Optics, which has been ranked alongside Isaac Newton's Philosophiae Naturalis Principia Mathematica as one of the most influential books in the history of physics,[165] for initiating a scientific revolution in optics[166] and visual perception.[167]

The experimental scientific method was soon introduced into mechanics by Biruni,[168] and early precursors to Newton's laws of motion were discovered by several Muslim scientists. The law of inertia, known as Newton's first law of motion, and the concept of momentum were discovered by Ibn al-Haytham (Alhacen)[169][170] and Avicenna.[171][172] The proportionality between force and acceleration, considered "the fundamental law of classical mechanics" and foreshadowing Newton's second law of motion, was discovered by Hibat Allah Abu'l-Barakat al-Baghdaadi,[173] while the concept of reaction, foreshadowing Newton's third law of motion, was discovered by Ibn Bajjah (Avempace).[174] Theories foreshadowing Newton's law of universal gravitation were developed by Ja'far Muhammad ibn Mūsā ibn Shākir,[175] Ibn al-Haytham,[176] and al-Khazini.[177] Galileo Galilei's mathematical treatment of acceleration and his concept of impetus[178] was enriched by the commentaries of Avicenna[171] and Ibn Bajjah to Aristotle's Physics as well as the Neoplatonist tradition of Alexandria, represented by John Philoponus.[179]

I wish you had wagered with me. I would just simply ask that you wear Abaya, take shahada, make salah and send us the video on Nairaland.
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by olabowale(m): 1:36am On Jul 02, 2009
@$Osisi: I simply asked on gogle: Did Muslim teach the Europeans how to shower, bath? And below is what I got among thers, which I did not even look at. Do good research. I did not ask who built the first shower! I simply said muslim made europeans clean.

It follows that hygiene has always been a convenient stick with which to beat other peoples, who never seem to get it right. The outsiders usually err on the side of dirtiness. The ancient Egyptians thought that sitting a dusty body in still water, as the Greeks did, was a foul idea. Late 19th-century Americans were scandalised by the dirtiness of Europeans; the Nazis promoted the idea of Jewish uncleanliness. At least since the Middle Ages, European travellers have enjoyed nominating the continent's grubbiest country - the laurels usually went to France or Spain. Sometimes the other is, suspiciously, too clean, which is how the Muslims, who scoured their bodies and washed their genitals, struck Europeans for centuries. The Muslims returned the compliment, regarding Europeans as downright filthy.
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 1:51am On Jul 02, 2009
please show us your source.
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by olabowale(m): 2:28am On Jul 02, 2009
@$Osisi: Go on google, woman. I thought you know how to do research? Ask the right question. Direct question about your concerns. Say if I were to intend to go to the galeria residential neigborhood, in Houston, I will simpy ask, How can I get to The Houston Galleria residential neighborhood, from University of Houston, area Highway. I will not say, how large is the Galleria. You will find a leading away information by the later, while what you will get on the former will give you the meat and potato of the matter.

Listen, I simpy just now asked: who teach the other how to clean, Muslims or the Europeans?. The below is what I got, even though it does not quite address what I wanted to find out for your information, even though I already know the truth. It at least give me an ammunition to let you know that since the Muslim's Moors were in Europe as the elites for about 8 centuries I can safely say that the muslims carry their cleanliness and impacted it on the Europeans.

Hygiene in the Islamic world
Main article: Islamic hygienical jurisprudence
Further information: Islamic cleanliness, Wudu, Ghusl, Islamic dietary laws, and Islamic toilet etiquette
Since the 7th century, Islam has always placed a strong emphasis on hygiene. Other than the need to be ritually clean in time for the daily prayer (Arabic: Salat) through Wudu and Ghusl, there are a large number of other hygiene-related rules governing the lives of Muslims. Other issues include the Islamic dietary laws. In general, the Qur'an advises Muslims to uphold high standards of physical hygiene and to be ritually clean whenever possible.

[edit] Hygiene in Europe
Contrary to popular belief[5] and although the Early Christian leaders condemned bathing as unspiritual,[6] bathing and sanitation were not lost in Europe with the collapse of the Roman Empire.[7][8] As a matter of fact, soapmaking first became an established trade during the so-called "Dark Ages." The Romans used scented oils (mostly from Egypt), among other alternatives.

Bathing in fact did not fall out of fashion in Europe until shortly after the Renaissance, replaced by the heavy use of sweat-bathing and perfume, as it was thought in Europe that water could carry disease into the body through the skin. (Water, in fact, does carry disease, but more often if it is drunk than if one bathes in it; and water only carries disease if it is contaminated by pathogens.) Medieval church authorities believed that public bathing created an environment open to immorality and disease. Roman Catholic Church officials even banned public bathing in an unsuccessful effort to halt syphilis epidemics from sweeping Europe.[9] Modern sanitation as we know it was not widely adopted until the 19th and 20th centuries. According to medieval historian Lynn Thorndike, people in Medieval Europe probably bathed more than people did in the 19th century.[10]

The authority over the Christian populace was in the hand of the Church. So when the church says dont clean up, you better believe that the funk was that of the dog days of summer afternoon! Until the muslims say hey you cant do this: you got to clan up, people of the book! Dirty body dirty mind. Scratchy body scratchy mind. I cant help it woman. I am laughing already.

Am looking at Atlantic Ocean and its dark. Murky I mean. David, when will you perform the experiment? Oh, you to, $Osisi. Good night guys. I wish you well.
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 2:30am On Jul 02, 2009
where is your source again I ask?
It's not enough to copy and paste
quote your source or else it's plagiarism

like Mo
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Nobody: 6:53am On Jul 02, 2009
we've been through this before. i understand that your life is not complete without denigration of islam, but try to keep it honest

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Golden_Age

Agricultural Revolution
Main article: Muslim Agricultural Revolution
The valve-operated reciprocating suction piston pump with crankshaft-connecting rod mechanism invented by al-Jazari in the 12th century.

The Islamic Golden Age witnessed a fundamental transformation in agriculture known as th[b]e "Muslim Agricultural Revolution" or "Arab Agricultural Revolution".[40] Due to the global economy established by Muslim traders across the Old World, this enabled the diffusion of many plants and farming techniques between different parts of the Islamic world, as well as the adaptation of plants and techniques from beyond the Islamic world. Crops from Africa such as sorghum, crops from China such as citrus fruits, and numerous crops from India such as mangos, rice, and especially cotton and sugar cane, were distributed throughout Islamic lands which normally would not be able to grow these crops.[41] Some have referred to the diffusion of numerous crops during this period as the "Globalisation of Crops"[/b],[42] which, along with an increased mechanization of agriculture (see Industrial growth below), led to major changes in economy, population distribution, vegetation cover,[43] agricultural production and income, population levels, urban growth, the distribution of the labour force, linked industries, cooking and diet, clothing, and numerous other aspects of life in the Islamic world.[41]

During the Muslim Agricultural Revolution, sugar production was refined and transformed into a large-scale industry by the Arabs, who built the first sugar refineries and sugar plantations. The Arabs and Berbers diffused sugar throughout the Islamic Empire from the 8th century.[44]

Muslims introduced cash cropping[45] and the modern crop rotation system where land was cropped four or more times in a two-year period. Winter crops were followed by summer ones. In areas where plants of shorter growing season were used, such as spinach and eggplants, the land could be cropped three or more times a year. In parts of Yemen, wheat yielded two harvests a year on the same land, as did rice in Iraq.[41] Muslims developed a scientific approach to agriculture based on three major elements; sophisticated systems of crop rotation, highly developed irrigation techniques, and the introduction of a large variety of crops which were studied and catalogued according to the season, type of land and amount of water they require. Numerous encyclopaedias on farming and botany were produced, containing accurate, precise detail.[46]

Industrial growth

Further information: Muslim Agricultural Revolution: Industrial growth and Inventions in the Muslim world

The Iranian born Jabir ibn Hayyan (Geber) introduced the experimental method to chemistry. He established the chemical industry and perfumery industry.

Muslim engineers in the Islamic world made a number of innovative industrial uses of hydropower, and early industrial uses of tidal power, wind power, steam power,[56] fossil fuels such as petroleum, and early large factory complexes (tiraz in Arabic).[57] The industrial uses of watermills in the Islamic world date back to the 7th century, while horizontal-wheeled and vertical-wheeled water mills were both in widespread use since at least the 9th century. A variety of industrial mills were being employed in the Islamic world, including early fulling mills, gristmills, hullers, paper mills, sawmills, shipmills, stamp mills, steel mills, sugar mills, tide mills and windmills. By the 11th century, every province throughout the Islamic world had these industrial mills in operation, from al-Andalus and North Africa to the Middle East and Central Asia.[58] Muslim engineers also invented crankshafts and water turbines, employed gears in mills and water-raising machines, and pioneered the use of dams as a source of water power, used to provide additional power to watermills and water-raising machines.[44] Such advances made it possible for many industrial tasks that were previously driven by manual labour in ancient times to be mechanized and driven by machinery instead in the medieval Islamic world. The transfer of these technologies to medieval Europe had an influence on the Industrial Revolution.[59]

A number of industries were generated due to the Muslim Agricultural Revolution, including early industries for agribusiness, astronomical instruments, ceramics, chemicals, distillation technologies, clocks, glass, mechanical hydropowered and wind powered machinery, matting, mosaics, pulp and paper, perfumery, petroleum, pharmaceuticals, rope-making, shipping, shipbuilding, silk, sugar, textiles, water, weapons, and the mining of minerals such as sulphur, ammonia, lead and iron. Early large factory complexes (tiraz) were built for many of these industries, and knowledge of these industries were later transmitted to medieval Europe, especially during the Latin translations of the 12th century, as well as before and after. For example, the first glass factories in Europe were founded in the 11th century by Egyptian craftsmen in Greece.[60] The agricultural and handicraft industries also experienced high levels of growth during this period.[38]

[edit] Labour

Further information: Muslim Agricultural Revolution - Labour

The labour force in the Caliphate were employed from diverse ethnic and religious backgrounds, while both men and women were involved in diverse occupations and economic activities.[61] Women were employed in a wide range of commercial activities and diverse occupations[62] in the primary sector (as farmers for example), secondary sector (as construction workers, dyers, spinners, etc.) and tertiary sector (as investors, doctors, nurses, presidents of guilds, brokers, peddlers, lenders, scholars, etc.).[63] Muslim women also had a monopoly over certain branches of the textile industry.[62]

During the Arab slave trade, slaves were purchased on the frontiers of the Islamic world and then imported to the major centers, where there were slave markets from which they were widely distributed.[64][65][66] Slaves occupied an important place in the economic life of Islamic world.[67][68] Large numbers of slaves were exported from eastern Africa to work in salt mines and labour-intensive plantations; the best evidence for this is the magnitude of the Zanj revolt in Iraq in the 9th century.[69] Slaves were also used for domestic work,[70] military service,[71] and civil administration.[72] Central and Eastern European slaves were generally known as Saqaliba (i.e. Slavs), while slaves from Central Asia and the Caucasus were often known as Mamluk.[73]

[edit] Technology
Main articles: Inventions in the Muslim world, Muslim Agricultural Revolution, and Timeline of Muslim scientists and engineers
The programmable automata of al-Jazari.

A significant number of inventions were produced by medieval Muslim engineers and inventors, such as Abbas Ibn Firnas, the Banū Mūsā, Taqi al-Din, and most notably al-Jazari.

Some of the inventions believed to have come from the Islamic Golden Age include the camera obscura, coffee, soap bar, tooth paste, shampoo, pure distillation, liquefaction, crystallization, purification, oxidization, evaporation, filtration, distilled alcohol, uric acid, nitric acid, alembic, valve, reciprocating suction piston pump, mechanized waterclocks, quilting, scalpel, bone saw, forceps, surgical catgut, vertical-axle windmill, inoculation, smallpox vaccine, fountain pen, cryptanalysis, frequency analysis, three-course meal, stained glass and quartz glass, Persian carpet, and celestial globe.[74]
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Nobody: 6:56am On Jul 02, 2009
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inventions_in_the_Muslim_world

Chemical processes

The following chemical processes were invented by Muslim chemists:

* Assation (or roasting), cocotion (or digestion), ceration, lavage, solution, mixture, and fixation.[5]

* Calcination (al-tashwiya): Invented by Geber.[6][7]

* Crystallization (al-tabalwur): Invented by Geber.[8]

* Distillation, pure (al-taqtir): Geber (Jabir ibn Hayyan) was the first to fully purify chemical substances through distillation, using the alembic, in the 8th century.[4]

* Destructive distillation: Invented by Muslim chemists in the 8th century to produce tar from petroleum.[9]

* Dry distillation

* Filtration (al-tarshih): Invented by Geber.[4]

* Liquefaction, purification, oxidisation, and evaporation (tabkhir): Invented by Geber.[10]

* Solution (al-tahlil), sublimation (al-tas'id), amalgamation (al-talghim), ceration (al-tashmi), and a method of converting a substance into a thick paste or fusible solid.[6]

* Steam distillation: Invented by Avicenna in the early 11th century for the purpose of producing essential oils.[11][citation needed]

* Water purification

[edit] Chemical substances

* Arsenic, alkali, alkali salt, borax, and pure sal ammoniac: Isolated by Geber (Jabir ibn Hayyan) in the 8th century.[7]

* Cheese glue and plated mail: Invented by Geber.[12]

* Derivative and artificial chemical substances: In the 10th century, Muhammad ibn Zakarīya Rāzi wrote that he and his Muslim predecessors (Calid, Geber and al-Kindi) invented the following derivative and artificial substances: lead(II) oxide (PbO), red lead (Pb3O4), tin(II) oxide (Isfidaj), copper acetate (Zaniar), copper(II) oxide (CuO), lead sulfide, zinc oxide, bismuth oxide, antimony oxide, iron rust, iron acetate, Daws (a contituent of steel), cinnabar (HgS), arsenic trioxide (As2O3), alkali (al-Qili), sodium hydroxide (caustic soda), and Qalimiya (anything that separates from metals during their purification).[13]

* Ethanol and pure ammonia: Isolated by Arabic chemists.[14]

* Lead carbonatic: Isolated by Geber.[15]

* Medicinal substances: Muslim chemists discovered 2,000 medicinal substances.[2]

* Potassium nitrate, pure: Isolated by Hasan al-Ramah in the 1270s.[7]

* Rose water: First produced by Muslim chemists in the medieval Islamic world through the distillation of roses, for use in the drinking and perfumery industries.[7]

* Sal nitrum: Isolated by Geber.[7]

Acids

* Aqua regia: Isolated by Geber (Jabir ibn Hayyan) in the 8th century.[7]

* Carboxylic acids: Geber isolated Acetic acid from vinegar.[8][16] He is also credited with the discovery and isolation of Citric acid, the sour component of lemons and other unripe fruits.[8]

* Mineral acids: The mineral acids—nitric acid, sulfuric acid, and hydrochloric acid—were first isolated by Geber.[17] He originally referred to sulfuric acid as the oil of vitriol.[7][14][18]

* Organic acids: Geber isolated Uric acid.[10] He also isolated Tartaric acid from wine-making residues.[8]

Elements

* Arsenic: Isolated by Geber in the 8th century.[15]

* Antimony: Isolated by Geber.[4][15]

[edit] Food and drink

* Coffee: Produced by Khalid in Kaffa, Ethiopia, in the 9th century.[10]

* Confectionery: Due to advances in sugar production and the invention of sugar refineries, this led to the production of early confectioneries by the Arabs.[19]

* Distilled water and water purification: Purified by Muslim chemists.[14]

* Pure distilled alcohol and ethanol: First isolated by Al-Kindi (Alkindus) in the 9th century.[7][20] Ahmad Y Hassan wrote: "The distillation of wine and the properties of alcohol were known to Islamic chemists from the eighth century. The prohibition of wine in Islam did not mean that wine was not produced or consumed or that Arab alchemists did not subject it to their distillation processes. Jabir ibn Hayyan described a cooling technique which can be applied to the distillation of alcohol."[21]

* Restaurant and three-course meal: The earliest restaurants came into existence throughout the Islamic world from the 10th century, shortly before restaurants appeared in China in the 11th century. The Islamic world had "restaurants where one could purchase all sorts of prepared dishes." These restaurants were mentioned by Al-Muqaddasi (born 945) in the late 10th century.[22] Restaurants in medieval Islamic Spain served three-course meals, which was earlier introduced in the 9th century by Ziryab, who insisted that meals should be served in three separate courses consisting of soup, the main course, and dessert.[23]

* Rose water: See Chemical substances above.

* Sugar refinery: See Industrial milling below.

[edit] Glass industry

* Artificial gemstone: Geber (d. 815) first described the production of high-quality coloured glass cut into artificial gemstones.[24][25]

* Artificial pearl and purification of pearls: In his Kitab al-Durra al-Maknuna (The Book of the Hidden Pearl), Jabir described the first recipes for the manufacture of artificial pearls and for the purification of pearls that were discoloured from the sea or from grease.[26]

* Coloured stained glass windows: Muslim architects in Southwest Asia were the first to produce stained glass windows using coloured glass rather than stone producing a stained glass-like effect, as was the case in early churches. In the 8th century, the Arab chemist Geber scientifically described 46 original recipes for producing high-purity coloured glass in Kitab al-Durra al-Maknuna (The Book of the Hidden Pearl), in addition to 12 recipes inserted by al-Marrakishi in a later edition of the book.[24][25]

* Concave, convex and spherical mirrors: Ibn al-Haytham (Alhazen) gave the earliest accurate descriptions of concave and convex mirrors in both cylindrical and spherical geometries,[27] and he also gave the earliest accurate description of spherical mirrors.[28]

* Dying and artificial colouring of gemstones and pearls: In The Book of the Hidden Pearl, Geber described the first recipes for the dying and artificial colouring of gemstones and pearls.[26]

* Glass factory: The first industrial complex for glass and pottery production was built in Ar-Raqqah, Syria, in the 8th century. Extensive experimentation was carried out at the complex, which was two kilometres in length, and a variety of innovative high-purity glass were developed there. Two other similar complexes have also been discovered, and nearly three hundred new chemical recipes for glass are known to have been produced at all three sites.[29] The first glass factories were thus built by Muslim craftsmen in the Islamic world. The first glass factories in Europe were later built in the 11th century by Egyptian craftsmen in Corinth, Greece.[17]

* Quartz glass and Silica glass: The production of glass from stone (including quartz) and sand, was pioneered by Abbas Ibn Firnas in the 9th century.[30]

* Parabolic mirror: Invented by Ibn Sahl in the 10th century.[31] These observations were repeated by Ibn al-Haytham in his Book of Optics (1021).[28]
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Nobody: 7:03am On Jul 02, 2009
especially for DR osisi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_contributions_to_Medieval_Europe

Classical knowledge

Following the fall of the Roman Empire and the dawn of the Middle Ages, many texts from Classical Antiquity had been lost to the Europeans. In the Middle East however, many of these Greek texts (such as Aristotle) were translated from Greek into Syriac during the 6th and the 7th century by Nestorian, Melkites or Jacobite monks living in Palestine, or by Greek exiles from Athens or Edessa who visited Islamic Universities. Many of these texts however were then kept, translated, and developed upon by the Islamic world, especially in centers of learning such as Baghdad, where a “House of Wisdom”, with thousands of manuscripts existed as soon as 832. These texts were translated again into European languages during the Middle Ages.[1] Eastern Christians played an important role in exploiting this knowledge, especially through the Christian Aristotelician School of Baghdad in the 11th and 12th centuries.

These texts were translated back into Latin in multiple ways. The main points of transmission of Islamic knowledge to Europe were in Sicilia, and in Toledo, Spain (with Gerard of Cremone, 1114-1187). Burgondio of Pise (died in 1193), who discovered in Antioch lost texts of Aristotle, translated them into Latin.

[edit] Islamic sciences
Further information: Latin translations of the 12th century and Islamic science
Chirurgical operation, 15th century Turkish manuscript.

Islam was not, however, a simple re-transmitter of knowledge from antiquity. It also developed its own sciences, such as algebra, chemistry, geology, spherical trigonometry, etc. which were later also transmitted to the West.[7][8] Stefan of Pise translated into Latin around 1127 an Arab manual of medical theory. The method of algorism for performing arithmetic with Indian-Arabic numerals was developed by al-Khwarizmi (hence the word “Algorithm”) in the 9th century, and introduced in Europe by Leonardo Fibonacci (1170-1250).[9] A translation of the Algebra by al-Kharizmi is known as early as 1145, by a certain Robert of Chester. Ibn al-Haytham (Alhazen, 980-1037) compiled treaties on optical sciences, which were used as references by Newton and Descartes. Medical sciences were also highly developed in Islam as testified by the Crusaders, who relied on Arab doctors on numerous occasions. Joinville reports he was saved in 1250 by a “Saracen” doctor.[10]

Contributing to the growth of European science was the major search by European scholars for new learning which they could only find among Muslims, especially in Islamic Spain and Sicily. These scholars translated new scientific and philosophical texts from Arabic into Latin.

One of the most productive translators in Spain was Gerard of Cremona, who translated 87 books from Arabic to Latin,[11] including Muhammad ibn Mūsā al-Khwārizmī's On Algebra and Almucabala, Jabir ibn Aflah's Elementa astronomica,[12] al-Kindi's On Optics, Ahmad ibn Muhammad ibn Kathīr al-Farghānī's On Elements of Astronomy on the Celestial Motions, al-Farabi's On the Classification of the Sciences,[13] the chemical and medical works of Rhazes,[14] the works of Thabit ibn Qurra and Hunayn ibn Ishaq,[15] and the works of Arzachel, Jabir ibn Aflah, the Banū Mūsā, Abū Kāmil Shujā ibn Aslam, Abu al-Qasim, and Ibn al-Haytham (including the Book of Optics).[11]

[edit] Alchemy and chemistry
See also: Alchemy and chemistry in Islam

The chemical and alchemical works of Geber (Jabir ibn Hayyan) were translated into Latin around the 12th century and became standard texts for European alchemists.[14] These include the Kitab al-Kimya (titled Book of the Composition of Alchemy in Europe), translated by Robert of Chester (1144); and the Kitab al-Sab'een, translated by Gerard of Cremona (before 1187).

Marcelin Berthelot translated some of Jabir's books under the fanciful titles Book of the Kingdom, Book of the Balances, and Book of Eastern Mercury. Several technical Arabic terms introduced by Jabir, such as alkali, have found their way into various European languages and have become part of scientific vocabulary.

The chemical and alchemical works of Muhammad ibn Zakarīya Rāzi (Rhazes) were also translated into Latin around the 12th century.[14]

[edit] Astronomy and mathematics
A German manuscript page teaching use of Arabic numerals (Talhoffer Thott, 1459).
See also: Islamic astronomy and Islamic mathematics

Arabic astronomical and mathematical works translated into Latin during the 12th century include the works of Muhammad ibn Jābir al-Harrānī al-Battānī and Muhammad ibn Mūsā al-Khwārizmī, including The Compendious Book on Calculation by Completion and Balancing, one of the founding texts of algebra;[12] and Muhammad al-Fazari's Great Sindhind (based on the Surya Siddhanta and the works of Brahmagupta).[16]

Al-Khazini's Zij as-Sanjari (1115-1116) was translated into Greek by Gregory Choniades in the 13th century and was studied in the Byzantine Empire.[17] The astronomical corrections to the Ptolemaic model made by al-Battani and Averroes and the non-Ptolemaic models produced by Mo'ayyeduddin Urdi (Urdi lemma), Nasīr al-Dīn al-Tūsī (Tusi-couple) and Ibn al-Shatir were later adapted into the Copernican heliocentric model. Al-Kindi's (Alkindus) law of terrestrial gravity influenced Robert Hooke's law of celestial gravity, which in turn inspired Newton's law of universal gravitation. Abū al-Rayhān al-Bīrūnī's Ta'rikh al-Hind and Kitab al-qanun al-Mas’udi were translated into Latin as Indica and Canon Mas’udicus respectively.

Fibonacci presented the first complete European account of the Hindu-Arabic numeral system from Arabic sources in his Liber Abaci (1202).[14] Al-Jayyani's The book of unknown arcs of a sphere, the first treatise on spherical trigonometry, had a "strong influence on European mathematics", and his "definition of ratios as numbers" and "method of solving a spherical triangle when all sides are unknown" are likely to have influenced Regiomontanus.[18]

Translations of the algebraic and geometrical works of Ibn al-Haytham, Omar Khayyám and Nasīr al-Dīn al-Tūsī were later influential in the development of non-Euclidean geometry in Europe from the 17th century.[19][20]
European depiction of the Persian doctor al-Razi, in Gerard of Cremona's Receuil des traites de medecine (1250-1260). Gerard de Cremona translated numerous works by Arabic scholars, such as al-Razi's, but also those of Ibn Sina.[21]

[edit] Medicine
See also: Islamic medicine

Hospitals began as Bimaristans in the Islamic world and later spread to Europe during the Crusades, inspired by the hospitals in the Middle East. The first hospital in Paris, Les Quinze-vingt, was founded by Louis IX after his return from the Crusade between 1254-1260.[22] One of the most important medical works to be translated was Avicenna's The Canon of Medicine (1025), which was translated into Latin and then disseminated in manuscript and printed form throughout Europe. It remained a standard medical textbook in Europe up until the early modern period, and during the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries alone, The Canon of Medicine was published more than thirty-five times.[23] It introduced the contagious nature of infectious diseases, the method of quarantine, experimental medicine, and clinical trials.[24] He also wrote The Book of Healing, a more general encyclopedia of science and philosophy, which became another popular textbook in Europe. Muhammad ibn Zakarīya Rāzi's Comprehensive Book of Medicine, with its introduction of measles and smallpox, was also influential in Europe. Abu al-Qasim al-Zahrawi's Kitab al-Tasrif was also translated to Latin and used in European medical schools for centuries.[11][25]

Ibn al-Nafis' Commentary on Compound Drugs was translated into Latin by Andrea Alpago (d. 1522), who may have also translated Ibn al-Nafis' Commentary on Anatomy in the Canon of Avicenna, which first described pulmonary circulation and coronary circulation, and which may have had an influence on Michael Servetus, Realdo Colombo and William Harvey.[26]

i understand that the next thing osisi will do is make light of these signifcant contributions to humanity - as that is the only way her agenda can se served

i wonder exactly what scientific advances christianity can claim to have brought to the world ?

dom perignon grin cheesy?
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 02, 2009
jarus. . . cry
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 02, 2009
@osisi
talk now or dont u know how to google again
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 02, 2009
uplawal:

@osisi
talk now or dont u know how to google again

She dey offline. When she come you fit provoke as much as you want. grin Patience dear!
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 2:52am On Jul 03, 2009
oyb:

especially for DR osisi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_contributions_to_Medieval_Europe

i understand that the next thing osisi will do is make light of these signifcant contributions to humanity - as that is the only way her agenda can se served

i wonder exactly what scientific advances christianity can claim to have brought to the world ?

dom perignon grin cheesy?

Gerber was indeed a fine Chemist and he seems to be the only one that did anything close to invention grin
check this out

Notable Inventions and Discoveries
Date Invention Or Discovery Inventor Or Discoverer Nationality
1250 Magnifying glass Roger Bacon English
1450 Printing press Johann Gutenberg German
1504 Pocket watch Peter Henlein German
1590 Compound microscope Zacharias Janssen Dutch
1593 Water thermometer Galileo Italian
1608 Telescope Hans Lippershey Dutch
1625 Blood transfusion Jean-Baptiste Denys French
1629 Steam turbine Giovanni Branca Italian
1642 Adding machine Blaise Pascal French
1643 Barometer Evangelista Torricelli Italian
1650 Air pump Otto von Guericke German
1656 Pendulum clock Christiaan Huygens Dutch
1661 Methanol Robert Boyle Irish
1668 Reflecting telescope Isaac Newton English
1671 Calculating machine Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz German
1698 Steam pump Thomas Savery English
1701 Seed drill Jethro Tull English
1710 Piano Bartolomeo Cristofori Italian
1712 Steam engine Thomas Newcomen British
1714 Mercury thermometer Daniel Gabriel Fahrenheit German
1717 Diving bell Edmund Halley English
1725 Stereotyping William Ged Scottish
1745 Leyden jar (condenser) E.G. von Kleist German
1752 Lightning rod Benjamin Franklin American
1758 Achromatic lens John Dollond British
1759 Marine chronometer John Harrison British
1764 Spinning jenny James Hargreaves British
1769 Spinning frame R. Arkwright English
1769 Steam engine (with separate condenser) James Watt British
1769 Automobile Nicholas-Joseph Cugnot French
1775 Submarine David Bushnell American
1780 Steel pen Samuel Harrison English
1780 Bifocal lens Benjamin Franklin American
1783 Balloon Joseph Michel Montgolfier and
Jacques Étienne Montgolfier French
1784 Threshing machine Andrew Meikle British
1785 Power loom Edmund Cartwright British
1786 Steamboat John Fitch American
1788 Flyball governor James Watt British
1791 Gas turbine John Barber British
1792 Illuminating gas William Murdock Scottish
1793 Cotton gin Eli Whitney American
1795 Hydraulic press Joseph Bramah English
1796 Lithography Aloys Senefelder German
1796 Smallpox vaccination Edward Jenner British
1799 Fourdrinier machine (papermaking) Louis Robert French
1800 Jacquard loom Joseph Marie Jacquard French
1800 Electric battery Count Alessandro Volta Italian
1801 Pattern loom Joseph Marie Jacquard French
1804 Screw propeller John Stevens American
1804 Solid-fuel rocket William Congreve British
1804 Steam locomotive Richard Trevithick British
1805 Electroplating Luigi Gasparo Brugnatelli Italian
1810 Food preservation (by sterilization and exclusion of air) François Appert French
1810 Steam-powered printing press Frederick Koenig German
1814 Railroad locomotive George Stephenson British
1815 Safety lamp Sir Humphry Davy British
1816 Bicycle (no pedals) Karl D. Sauerbronn German
1819 Stethoscope René-Théophile-Hyacinthe Laënnec French
1820 Hygrometer J.F. Daniell English
1820 Galvanometer Johann Salomo Cristoph Schweigger German
1821 Electric motor Michael Faraday British
1823 Silicon Jöns Jakob Berzelius Swedish
1823 Electromagnet William Sturgeon British
1824 Portland cement Joseph Aspdin British
1827 Friction match John Walker British
1829 Typewriter1 W.A. Burt American
1829 Braille printing Louis Braille French
1830 Platform scales Thaddeus Fairbanks American
1830 Sewing machine Barthélemy Thimonnier French
1831 Phosphorus match Charles Sauria French
1831 Reaper Cyrus Hall McCormick American
1831 Dynamo Michael Faraday British
1834 Electric streetcar Thomas Davenport American
1835 Pistol (revolver) Samuel Colt American
1837 Telegraph Samuel Finley Breese Morse
Sir Charles Wheatstone American
British
1838 Morse code Samuel Finley Breese Morse American
1839 Photography Louis Jacques Mandé Daguerre and
Joseph Nicéphore Niepce William Henry Fox Talbot French
British
1839 Vulcanized rubber Charles Goodyear American
1839 Steam hammer James Nasmyth Scottish
1839 Bicycle (with pedals) Kirkpatrick MacMillan British
1845 Pneumatic tire Robert William Thompson American
1846 Rotary printing press Richard March Hoe American
1846 Nitroglycerin Ascanio Sobrero Italian
1846 Guncotton Christian Friedrich Schönbein German
1846 Ether Crawford Williamson Long American
1849 Reinforced concrete F.J. Monier French
1849 Safety pin Walter Hunt American
1849 Water turbine James Bicheno Francis American
1850 Mercerized cotton John Mercer British
1851 Breech-loading rifle Edward Maynard American
1851 Opthalmoscope Hermann Ludwig Ferdinand von Helmholtz German
1852 Nonrigid airship Henri Giffard French
1852 Elevator (with brake) Elisha Graves Otis American
1852 Gyroscope Jean Bernard Léon Foucault French
1855 Hypodermic syringe Alexander Wood Scottish
1855 Safety matches J.E. Lundstrom Swedish
1856 Bessemer converter (steel) Sir Henry Bessemer British
1858 Harvester Charles and William Marsh American
1859 Spectroscope Gustav Robert Kirchhoff and
Robert Wilhelm Bunsen German
1860 Gas engine Jean-Joseph-Étienne Lenoir French
1861 Web-fed newspaper printing press Richard March Hoe American
1861 Electric furnace Wilhelm Siemens British
1861 Machine gun Richard Jordan Gatling American
1861 Kinematoscope Coleman Sellers American
1865 Antiseptic surgery Joseph Lister English
1866 Paper (from wood pulp, sulfite process) Benjamin Chew Tilghman American
1866 Dynamite Alfred Bernhard Nobel Swedish
1868 Dry cell Georges Leclanché French
1868 Typewriter Carlos Glidden and
Christopher Latham Sholes American
1868 Air brake George Westinghouse American
1870 Celluloid John Wesley Hyatt and Isaiah Hyatt American
1871 Continuous current dynamo Zénobe-Théophile Gramme Belgian
1874 Quadruplex telegraph Thomas Alva Edison American
1876 Telephone2 Alexander Graham Bell
Antonio Meucci American
Italian
1877 Internal-combustion engine (four-cycle) Nikolaus August Otto German
1877 Talking machine (phonograph) Thomas Alva Edison American
1877 Microphone Emile Berliner American
1877 Electric welding Elihu Thomson American
1877 Refrigerator car G.F. Swift American
1878 Cream separator Carl Gustav de Laval Swedish
1878 Cathode ray tube Sir William Crookes British
1879 Cash register James J. Ritty American
1879 Incandescent filament lamp Thomas Alva Edison
Sir Joseph Wilson Swan American
British
1879 Automobile engine (two-cycle) Karl Benz German
1879 Arc lamp Charles Francis Bush American
1880 Linotype Ottmar Mergenthaler American
1884 Steam turbine C.A. Parsons English
1884 Rayon (nitrocellulose) Comte Hilaire Bernigaud de Chardonnet French
1884 Multiple-wheel steam turbine Sir Charles Algernon Parsons British
1884 Nipkow disk (mechanical television scanning device) Paul Gottlieb Nipkow German
1884 Fountain pen Lewis Edson Waterman American
1885 Graphophone (dictating machine) Chichester A. Bell and
Charles Sumner Tainter American
1885 AC transformer William Stanley American
1887 Air-inflated rubber tire J.B. Dunlop Scottish
1887 Gramophone (disk records) Emile Berliner American
1887 Gas mantle Baron Carl Auer von Welsbach Austrian
1887 Mimeograph Albert Blake Dick American
1887 Monotype Tolbert Lanston American
1888 Adding machine (recording) William Seward Burroughs American
1888 Kodak camera George Eastman American
1889 Steam turbine C.G. de Laval Swedish
1890 Rayon (cuprammonium) Louis Henri Despeissis French
1891 Glider Otto Lilienthal German
1891 Motion picture camera (kinetograph) Thomas Alva Edison
William K. L. Dickson American
British
1891 Motion picture viewer (kinetoscope) Thomas Alva Edison
William K. L. Dickson American
British
1891 Synthetic rubber Sir William Augustus Tilden British
1892 AC motor Nikola Tesla American
1892 Three-color camera Frederick Eugene Ives American
1892 Rayon (viscose) Charles Frederick Cross British
1892 Vacuum bottle (Dewar flask) Sir James Dewar British
1893 Photoelectric cell Julius Elster Hans F. Geitel German
1893 Diesel engine Rudolf Diesel German
1893 Gasoline automobile Charles Edgar Duryea and
J. Frank Duryea American
1894 Motion picture projection Louis Jean Lumière and Auguste Marie Lumière
Charles Francis Jenkins French

American
1895 X-ray Wilhelm Konrad Röntgen German
1895 Rayon (acetate) Charles Frederick Cross British
1895 Wireless telegraph Marchese Guglielmo Marconi Italian
1896 Experimental airplane Samuel Pierpont Langley American
1898 Sensitized photographic paper Leo Hendrik Baekeland American
1900 Rigid dirigible airship Graf Ferdinand von Zeppelin German
1902 Radiotelephone Valdemar Poulsen
Reginald Aubrey Fessenden Danish
American
1903 Airplane Wilbur Wright and Orville Wright American
1903 Windshield wipers Mary Anderson American
1903 Electrocardiograph Willem Einthoven Dutch
1905 Diode rectifier tube (radio) Sir John Ambrose Fleming British
1906 Gyrocompass Hermann Anschütz-Kämpfe German
1907 Bakelite Leo Hendrik Baekeland American
1907 Triode amplifier tube (radio) Lee De Forest American
1908 Cellophane Jacques Edwin Brandenberger Swiss
1908 Two-color motion picture camera C. Albert Smith British
1909 Salvarsan Paul Ehrlich German
1910 Hydrogenation of coal Friedrich Bergius German
1910 Gyroscopic compass and stabilizer Elmer Ambrose Sperry American
1911 Air conditioning W.H. Carrier American
1911 Vitamins Casimir Funk Polish
1911 Cellophane Jacques Edwin Brandenberger Swiss
1911 Neon lamp Georges Claude French
1912 Mercury-vapor lamp Peter Cooper Hewitt American
1913 Ramjet engine René Lorin French
1913 Multigrid electron tube Irving Langmuir American
1913 Cracked gasoline William Meriam Burton American
1913 Heterodyne radio receiver Reginald Aubrey Fessenden American
1915 Automobile self-starter Charles Franklin Kettering American
1916 Browning gun (automatic rifle) John Moses Browning American
1916 Gas-filled incandescent lamp Irving Langmuir American
1916 X-ray tube William David Coolidge American
1919 Mass spectrograph Sir Francis William Aston
Arthur Jeffrey Dempster British
American
1922-26 Sound motion pictures T.W. Case American
1922 Insulin Sir Frederick Grant Banting Canadian
1923 Autogiro Juan de la Cierva Spanish
1923 Television iconoscope Vladimir Kosma Zworykin American
1924 Quick-frozen food Clarence Birdseye American
1925 Television image dissector tube Philo Taylor Farnsworth American
1926 Aerosol can Erik Rotheim Norwegian
1926 Liquid-fuel rocket Robert Hutchings Goddard American
1928 Penicillin Sir Alexander Fleming British
1930 Bathysphere (Charles) William Beebe American
1930 Freon (low-boiling fluorine compounds) Thomas Midgley and coworkers American
1930 Modern gas-turbine engine Sir Frank Whittle British
1930 Neoprene (synthetic rubber) Father Julius Arthur Nieuwland and Wallace Hume Carothers American
1931 Cyclotron Ernest Orlando Lawrence American
1931 Differential analyzer (analogue computer) Vannevar Bush American
1932 Phase contrast microscope Frits Zernike Dutch
1932 Van de Graaff generator Robert Jemison Van de Graaff American
1933 Frequency modulation (FM) Edwin Howard Armstrong American
1935 Buna (synthetic rubber) German scientists German
1935 Radiolocator (radar) Sir Robert Watson-Watt British
1935 Cortisone Edward Calvin Kendall
Tadeus Reichstein American
Swiss
1935 Electron microscope German scientists German
1935 Sulfanllamide Gerhard Domagk German
1935 Nylon Wallace Hume Carothers American
1936 Twin-rotor helicopter3 Heinrich Focke German
1937 Snowmobile Armand Bombardier Canadian
1938 Ballpoint pen Georg and Ladislao Biro Hungarian
1939 DDT Paul Müller Swiss
1939 Helicopter4 Igor Sikorsky American
1940 Betatron Donald William Kerst American
1941 Turbojet aircraft engine Sir Frank Whittle British
1942 Guided missile Wernher von Braun German
1942 Nuclear reactor Enrico Fermi American
1942 Xerography Chester Carlson American
1944 V-2 (rocket-propelled bomb) German scientists German
1945 Atomic bomb U.S. government scientists American
1945 Streptomycin Selman A. Waksman American
1946 Electronic digital computer John Presper Eckert, Jr., and
John W. Mauchly American
1947 Holography Dennis Gabor English
1947 Chlormycetin Mildred Rebstock American
1947 Polaroid Land camera Edwin Herbert Land American
1947 Bathyscaphe Auguste Piccard Swiss
1947 Microwave oven Percy L. Spencer American
1948 Scintillation counter Hartmut Kallmann German
1948 Aureomycin Benjamin Minge Duggar and
Chandra Bose Subba Row American
1948 Transistor John Bardeen, Walter Houser Brattain, and William Shockley American
1949 Ramjet airplane René Leduc French
1950 Color television Peter Carl Goldmark American
1952 Hydrogen bomb U.S. government scientists American
1952 Bubble chamber (nuclear particle detector) Donald Arthur Glaser American
1953 Maser Charles Townes American
1954 Solar battery Bell Telephone Laboratory scientists American
1954 Polio vaccine Jonas Salk American
1955 Synthetic diamonds General Electric scientists American
1955 Carbon dating W.F. Libby American
1955 Optical fibers Narinder S. Kapany Indian
1956 Hovercraft Christopher Cockerell English
1956 First prototype rotary engine Felix Wankel German
1956 Videotape Charles Ginsberg
Ray Dolby American
1957 Sodium-cooled atomic reactor U.S. government scientists American
1957 Artificial earth satellite USSR government scientists Soviet
1958 Communications satellite U.S. government scientists American
1959 Integrated circuit Jack Kilby
Robert Noyce American
1960 Laser Charles Hard Townes, Arthur L. Schawlow, and Gordon Gould American
1960 Chlorophyll synthesized Robert Burns Woodward American
1960 Birth-control pill Gregory Pincus, John Rock, and
Min-chueh Chang American
1962 Light-emitting diode (LED) Nick Holonyak, Jr. American
1964 Liquid-crystal display George Heilmeier American
1965 Kevlar technology Stephanie Kwolek American
1966 Artificial heart (left ventricle) Michael Ellis DeBakey American
1966 Tunable dye laser Mary Spaeth American
1967 Human heart transplant Christiaan Neethling Barnard South Africa
1970 First complete synthesis of a gene Har Gobind Khorana American
1971 Microprocessor Ted Hoff American
1971 Nuclear magnetic resonance imaging Raymond Damadian American
1972 Electronic pocket calculator J.S. Kilby and J.D. Merryman American
1972 First magnetohydrodynamic power generator USSR government scientists Soviet
1973 Skylab orbiting space laboratory U.S. government scientists American
1974 Recombinant DNA (genetic engineering) U.S. scientists American
1975 CAT (computerized axial tomography) scanner Godfrey N. Hounsfield British
1975 Fiberoptics Bell Laboratories American
1976 Supercomputer J.H. Van Tassel and Seymour Cray American
1978 Synthesis of human insulin genes Roberto Crea, Tadaaki Hirose, Adam Kraszewski, and Keiichi Itakura American
1978 Mammal to mammal gene transplants Paul Berg, Richard Mulligan, and Bruce Howard American
1979 Compact disc Joop Sinjou
Toshi Tada Doi Dutch
Japanese
1979 Genetic flaw repaired in mouse cells by recombinant DNA and micromanipulation techniques W. French Anderson and coworkers American
1981 Space transportation system (space shuttle) National Aeronautics and Space Administration engineers American
1982 Artificial heart Robert K. Jarvik American
1983 Scanning tunneling microscope Gerd Binnig
Heinrich Rohrer German
Swiss
1986 High-temperature superconductors J. Georg Bednorz
Karl A. Müller German
Swiss
1992 Magnetic boat Yoshiro Saji Japanese
Notes

http://encarta.msn.com/media_461532659/notable_inventions_and_discoveries.html

where are the Muslims?
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 2:56am On Jul 03, 2009
The Muslim Chemist Geber AKA Jabir was a smart man and he tried small
na chemicals we go chop?
but how did he invent liquefaction and evaporation,dat one no be natural occurence ni?
did he also invent putrefaction? grin
and the other Muslims inventing tie and die and cutting gemstones,that one na better invention ?
when people of the book were discovering penicillin,automobiles, inventing airplanes and phones and describing gravity and osmosis plus innovative surgical techniques.
But my dear take a look at the list below cool
I dind't see the abdullah's and the Maliks neither do I see Saudi Arabia grin

http://encarta.msn.com/media_461532659/notable_inventions_and_discoveries.html

grin

Kai
Christians are gifted o
people of da book are gifted with supernatural intelligence
what will the word do without their inventions
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by olabowale(m): 3:17am On Jul 03, 2009
thanks. and there was no israel, and many others. only one african country. no south american and latin american etc.
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 3:21am On Jul 03, 2009
olabowale:

thanks. and there was no israel, and many others. only one african country. no south american and latin american etc.

Israel became a nation in 1945 so some of those inventions could be by Jews.
But you have to give it to Christians,my dear.
na so so brain power
even me sef don invent the best soda to go with a plate of Isiewu
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Nobody: 4:29am On Jul 03, 2009
osisi, convenienty dodging the fact that the muslims she was knocking are the pioneers of so much science her christians are using tongue

abi you wan make i post the entire pages tongue
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 4:32pm On Aug 20, 2009
Oyb,how many strokes do you give your Iyawo when she misbehaves grin
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 21, 2009
Well Done Osisi, well done. how old are you? you seem to know alot of things

Up till now OYB hasnt shown his stand on the Wife Beating Issue in his religion.
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 21, 2009
@ osisi

Check your signature and place the right link. abi na Moderator don go edit am?

Anyway bye guys, got nothing to be doing here
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Abuzola(m): 12:22pm On Aug 21, 2009
See you, you are a disgrace to ur church. All mama chika does is copy and paste from google. What makes you think you can't copy and paste ? What a dieluded fellow with paranoia
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 21, 2009
$osisi:

Oyb,how many strokes do you give your Iyawo when she misbehaves grin

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:35pm On Aug 21, 2009
afi "dieluded" naa.
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Abuzola(m): 12:37pm On Aug 21, 2009
Yakayaka. See the thief of fish opening her fithy mouth to laugh
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 2:16pm On Aug 21, 2009
babaearly:

@ osisi

Check your signature and place the right link. abi na Moderator don go edit am?

Anyway bye guys, got nothing to be doing here

Thanks sweetie pie
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:10pm On Aug 21, 2009
afi "fithy" naa

Kai education is important
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Abuzola(m): 7:24pm On Aug 21, 2009
Chei amma barawo na him family go cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Conditions Of Udhiyaah (sacrificial Lamb) For Eid / Pakistani Islamic Cleric Arrested For Framing Christian Girl For Blasphemy / Islamic Indonesia Fights Against The Jilboob (tight Hijab)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.