Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,547 members, 7,816,330 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. (15174 Views)

Ways To Please Your Wife (islamic Perspective) / Christians, Why Don't You Beat Your Wives Like We Muslims Do? / 60 Ways to Show Love to Your Wife from an Islamic Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by debosky(m): 11:01pm On Apr 22, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

For once, I thought I was in religion sec  embarassed embarassed

@debosky
Speechless  angry angry angry

For frowning 2 strokes of the cane!!  cheesy
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Nobody: 11:04pm On Apr 22, 2009
debosky:

For frowning 2 strokes of the cane!! cheesy
Since you're not my husband, you no fit.

waka grin grin
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Moyola(f): 11:04pm On Apr 22, 2009
Chei! woman dey suffer! embarassed
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 11:51pm On Apr 22, 2009
morenike this is family we're talking about in the family section
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Nobody: 12:25am On Apr 23, 2009
I see, I see!
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:33am On Apr 23, 2009
[the bible understood that marriages werent perfect either but it didnt tell us to go ahead slapping our wives around. I have read the bible for so many yrs and never have i come across a place where husbands maltreated their wives. Even secular laws agree that marriages are not perfect, yet wife beating is against the law.

Agreed.
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by dayokanu(m): 2:19am On Apr 23, 2009
Oyb,

Allah and the Quran allows and sanction wife beating. Its one of the pillars I think.

No part of the bible allows it that is the difference. The fact that some xtian do it does not mean the bible support it.

So If some Moslems rape now we can assume its Islamic to rape But this one was written and nothing was lost in translation.

Ayinba go don suffer from Koboko. If she no gree do style sef na horsewhipping
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 3:29am On Apr 23, 2009
dayokanu:

Oyb,

Allah and the Quran allows and sanction wife beating. Its one of the pillars I think.

No part of the bible allows it that is the difference. The fact that some xtian do it does not mean the bible support it.

So If some Moslems rape now we can assume its Islamic to rape But this one was written and nothing was lost in translation.

LOL
and no one will ever know since the stripes are carefully hidden in the buttocks
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Nobody: 8:16am On Apr 23, 2009
dayokanu:

Oyb,

No part of the bible allows it that is the difference. The fact that  some xtian do it does not mean the bible support it.

it is good to see you highlighting your crass and bottomless ignorance of Islam. if you chose to learn about Islam from a muslim, rather than a dubious website, you would not be posting the absurdity that wife beating is one of the pillars of Islam. sadly, as is always the case, someone will take this 'fact' that you have posted and start championing it as a truth . sebi you are the guy who was yarning opata the other day about how muslims were  complicit in the holocaust

let me play your game . . .

No part of the bible allows it that is the difference. The fact that  some xtian do it does not mean the bible support it.

slightly offtopic - check out leviticus in your bible - plenty on rape etal sanctioned by your god, just as long as its meted out to unbelievers - go and ruminate on the bible supporting rape, rather than posting absurd assertions on the five pillars of Islam.  tongue tongue

duplicitous people - go and tend to and review all the dodgy commands of your god first . . .abi you have forgotten about the mote and the log? cheesy
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 5:38pm On Apr 23, 2009
so oyb how many strokes of the cane did you give ya madam for breakfast grin
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Ben13: 5:56pm On Apr 23, 2009
she said she wasn't hungry cheesy
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:46pm On Apr 23, 2009
where does the Bible support rape?

Last i checked, according to OT you rape a chick, you are either killed or forced to marry her.
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by ofala(m): 6:58pm On Apr 23, 2009
NO CIVILIZED,SANE MAN,WILL BEAT HIS WIFE OR ANYBODY FOR THE MATTER!
Regardless of your religion,dont you have conscience?
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Nobody: 2:51am On Apr 24, 2009
oyb:

slightly offtopic - check out leviticus in your bible - plenty on rape etal sanctioned by your god, just as long as its meted out to unbelievers - go and ruminate on the bible supporting rape, rather than posting absurd assertions on the five pillars of Islam.  tongue tongue

thou spawn of satan . . . we already discussed the issue at length on one of the religious boards and even the atheists had to eventually agree that the passage you reference in Leviticus was NOT sanctioning rape. It simply gave the jews the choice to marry the virgin women they took during war BUT they had to let the woman alone to mourn her parents for 1 solid month.

If rape was sanctioned there why were they expressly forbidden to go into the woman until she was through with her mourning?
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by StrStruck(f): 3:02am On Apr 24, 2009
davidylan:

thou spawn of satan . . . we already discussed the issue at length on one of the religious boards and even the atheists had to eventually agree that the passage you reference in Leviticus was NOT sanctioning rape. It simply gave the jews the choice to marry the virgin women they took during war BUT they had to let the woman alone to mourn her parents for 1 solid month.

If rape was sanctioned there why were they expressly forbidden to go into the woman until she was through with her mourning?

Oh Lawdy!!! roflmao!! I'm definitely using that one someone.
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Nobody: 9:26am On Apr 24, 2009
davidylan:

thou bastard child/sibling of the christian father/holyghost/jesus 
[misbegotten - spurious or doubtful offspring,Born out of wedlock,illegitimate (of marriages and offspring; not recognized as lawful)]

you are partially right. . .its not leviticus . . .i could have sworn it was. . .but it seems my post on that topic was deleted anyway lets see what you artfully dodged . . . cheesy

anyway

Isaiah 13:16

Their infants will be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses will be looted and their wives ravished (shakab).

Zechariah 14:2

I will gather all the nations to Jerusalem to fight against it; the city will be captured, the houses ransacked, and the women raped (shakab). Half of the city will go into exile, but the rest of the people will not be taken from the city.

The word shakab could mean,

1) to lie down

a) (Qal)

1) to lie, lie down, lie on

2) to lodge

3) to lie (of sexual relations)

4) to lie down (in death)

5) to rest, relax (fig)

b) (Niphal) to be lain with (sexually)

c) (Pual) to be lain with (sexually)

d) (Hiphil) to make to lie down

e) (Hophal) to be laid

“Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves." (Numbers 31:17-18)

anyway, i'm pretty sure a deceitful apologist for the atrocities sanctioned by your bible will put a crafty spin on the above. . .don't you do that all the time  tongue

davidylan:

It simply gave the jews the choice to marry the virgin women they took during war BUT they had to let the woman alone to mourn her parents for 1 solid month.

Deuteronomy 21:11-13: “And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and has a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to they wife; then thou shalt bring her home to thine house and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails; And she shall put the raiment of her captivity from off her, and shall remain in thine house, and bewail her father and her mother a full month: and after that thou shalt go in unto her, and be her husband, and she shall be thy wife.”

davidylan!!! no wonder people call you a chauvinist. what woman would willingly marry soldiers who invaded her village, killed all the married women, and the men , burned everything to the ground, killed children,   cheesy grin shocked shocked. you are one sick puppy. and you blather about how your bible promotes women's rights . how touching, how thoughful and how sensitive, how so like davidlyan . .  cheesy grin, as long as the woman can mourn for one month, all is well and good and within your loving god's boundaries  grin . and whats with the shaved head? why must the woman be beautiful? heheheh - lust at first sight!

as osisi would say, i feel sorry for you, being forced to condone what at best is forced marraige because you need to defend your bipolar father in heaven  cry cry

back to topic - i found this

***“Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.” (Ephesians 5:22-24)

Or:

“In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with braided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works. Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.” (1Timothy 2:9-12)

yup, viva womens rights in christianity !  tongue tongue

oya - give us your duplicituos interpretation

why bother?  grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-235021.0.html

1. The idea that the bible can be understood by logic is itself false doctrine - Job 11:7 Canst thou by searching find out God? canst thou find out the Almighty unto perfection?
Neither Lazarus the begger nor Zaccheus were logical thinkers. Leave logic in the hallways of schools, christianity demands wholesome faith.

going by your own statement, you are a hypocrite of the an order of magnitude as yet uncharted  grin grin grin. anyway. . .hypocritical bastard ( there is only one begotten son  grin) , carry on in your defense of 'involuntary marriage' . i understand that whatever you say cannot be logical grin cheesy
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 9:46pm On Apr 24, 2009
Oyb,why are you getting all knotted up.
The thread is about the Koran and spousal abuse and you haven;t denied it (neither could you).
please don't derail .
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Gabry(f): 4:59am On Apr 25, 2009
How uncivilized. . . In that case, oif the husband is a loose case, the wife has the full rights to beat up her husband as well right?

Are we from Bushland or wetin? If the book of so called religion told us to eat our own shit and pee on our children head, I bet those psycho people would do the same as well. Sheeeesh. . . angry

See how these people dey spoil the name of religion sef. . . I dont remember Muslim being as such. . . They must be a pirated Muslim Dawg. . .  undecided
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by NaJaHaJe(f): 5:45am On Apr 25, 2009
so this means that most of the Islamic wives are usually beaten? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked This breaking news to me!!!!!! I wonder if it is practiced in the west . . . . OH MY GOSH!!!!!
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Nobody: 6:00am On Apr 25, 2009
$osisi:

Oyb,why are you getting all knotted up.
The thread is about the Koran and spousal abuse and you haven;t denied it (neither could you).
please don't derail .

er. . .so if this thread is about the Quran/Islam . . .why did you post it under family? does this have to do with the fact that among others, you have flogged this particular topic to no end in the past?

moderators, Osisi has confirmed that this thread is about the Quran, can we move it , so the as osisi would say, 'muslims who never venture out of the Islam threads can be aware of and join in the debate '?
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Gabry(f): 8:34am On Apr 25, 2009
Although Im a catholic but I believe that this is all a complete bullshit misintepretation of the Muslim Bible and I dont believe that this is Muslim. . .

If thatswhat the Qran says, than why I've seen alot of Muslim Malaysian wives beat up their husbands? isnt that strange? And yet after they beat up their husbnads, the court of law is still in favour of them
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by NaJaHaJe(f): 8:38am On Apr 25, 2009
gabrywyl:

Although Im a catholic but I believe that this is all a complete bullshit misintepretation of the Muslim Bible and I dont believe that this is Muslim. . .

If thatswhat the Qran says, than why I've seen alot of Muslim Malaysian wives beat up their husbands? isnt that strange? And yet after they beat up their husbnads, the court of law is still in favour of them

Say what? is that true?
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Gabry(f): 4:08pm On Apr 25, 2009
Yes, not all but mostly
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by mazaje(m): 7:11pm On Apr 25, 2009
davidylan:

thou spawn of satan . . . we already discussed the issue at length on one of the religious boards and[b] even the atheists had to eventually agree that the passage you reference in Leviticus was NOT sanctioning rape.[/b] It simply gave the jews the choice to marry the virgin women they took during war BUT they had to let the woman alone to mourn her parents for 1 solid month.

you tell LIES freely and you still open your dirty mouth and call others spawn of satan? grin grin, you had that discussion with me on the religious thread and i asked you if believe it was right to kill married women because they enticed the chosen men of your tribal god and you ran away like a chicken because you know that action could not be justified. . .if this is not rape then i admit i do not know what rape is. . .so you think it is OK for the ancient jews to invade a city unprovoked, kill off all the men and forcefully take the women. you believe that the women were fairly treated because the men that killed all their parents, brothers and sisters and forcefully took them as wives just because they allowed them to mourn their parents for a month? shocked shocked will you be happy if that is done to your sisters? and you are here trying to justify and rationalize this evil act? you are truly a demented puppy. . . 

(Deuteronomy 20:10-14)
As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace.  If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor.  But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town.  When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town.  But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, [/b]livestock, and other plunder.  [b]You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

why is this not allowed in today's world? can the present day Israeli defence forces enter into gaza, kill all the men, take all the women and children and enjoy them as spoils of war? You guys are busy laughing at allah when your own god is on record advocating, rape, murder and slavery in the bible. . .deluded goons. . . What kind of nonsense god is this that advocates murder, rape, and slavery?
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 7:16pm On Apr 25, 2009
oyb:

er. . .so if this thread is about the Quran/Islam . . .why did you post it under family? does this have to do with the fact that among others, you have flogged this particular topic to no end in the past?

moderators, Osisi has confirmed that this thread is about the Quran, can we move it , so the as osisi would say, 'muslims who never venture out of the Islam threads can be aware of and join in the debate '?

The thread is about family
Or are your man/wives arrangement not called family again?
If they are it belongs here.
I made a proclamation that Muslims hardly ever venture out of the Muslim section and that thread  got me a ban while I'm right.
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by mazaje(m): 7:42pm On Apr 25, 2009
$osisi:

The thread is about family
The Muslim family practice
so it belongs here.
I made a proclamation that Muslims hardly ever venture out of the Muslim section and that thread  got me a ban while I'm right.

Here is how the biblegod says parents should treat their kids. .

Deu21:18 If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him,
Deu 21:19 his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town.
Deu 21:20 They shall say to the elders, "This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a profligate and a drunkard."
Deu 21:21 Then all the men of his town[b] shall stone him to death[/b]. You must purge the evil from among you. All Israel will hear of it and be afraid.

Here we have the biblegod telling parents to stone to death disobedient children. . .

Here is how the bibegod says that women should be treated when their husbands are fighting with other men

Deu 25:11 If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts,
Deu 25:12  you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity.

We have the biblegod telling people to cut off the hands of women that come to rescue their husbands from his assailant. . .no punishment for the man that she touched only the woman. . .

Here is how to treat women that are menstruating according to the bible. . . 

Lev 15:19 'When a woman has her regular flow of blood, the impurity of her monthly period will last seven days, and anyone who touches her will be unclean till evening.
Lev 15:20 " 'Anything she lies on during her period will be unclean, and anything she sits on will be unclean.

The biblegod says that women that are menstruating should not be touched. . .

The biblegod places the monetary value of people and men are much more valuable than women. . . . .

Lev 27:2 The Lord said to Moses,
Lev 27:2 "Speak to the Israelites and say to them: 'If anyone makes a special vow to dedicate persons to the Lord by giving equivalent values,
Lev 27:3 set the value of a male between the ages of twenty and sixty at fifty shekels [ of silver, according to the sanctuary shekel [fn];
Lev 27:4 and if it is a female, set her value at thirty shekels. [
Lev 27:5 If it is a person between the ages of five and twenty, set the value of a male at twenty shekels  and of a female at ten shekels.
Lev 27:6 If it is a person between one month and five years, set the value of a male at five shekels  of silver and that of a female at three shekels  of silver.
Lev 27:7 If it is a person sixty years old or more, set the value of a male at fifteen shekels and of a female at ten shekels.

do you guys still want to talk about allah and how he teaches his followers to beat up their wives?. . . .deluded goons. . . .
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by NaJaHaJe(f): 7:49pm On Apr 25, 2009
mazaje

All the bible quotes are from the old testament. Most of these rules were re-written after Jesus shed his blood on the cross of calvary. The Laws of moses changed.

[size=5pt]I really didn't want to get involved in this but i guess i could not even help it. . . . . . [/size]
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by NaJaHaJe(f): 8:01pm On Apr 25, 2009
This is the New Testament . . . . . . . . . . .

Ephesians 5:2 and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma.

Ephesians 5:28 So husbands ought also to love their own wives as their own bodies. He who loves his own wife loves himself;

Ephesians 5:33 Nevertheless, each individual among you also is to love his own wife even as himself, and the wife must see to it that she respects her husband.

Colossians 3:19 Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them.

1 Peter 3:7 You husbands in the same way, live with your wives in an understanding way, as with someone weaker, since she is a woman; and show her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life, so that your prayers will not be hindered.
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by mazaje(m): 8:29pm On Apr 25, 2009
NaJa HaJe:

This is the New Testament . . . . . . . . . . .

Ephesians 5:2 and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma.

Ephesians 5:28 So husbands ought also to love their own wives as their own bodies. He who loves his own wife loves himself;

Ephesians 5:33 Nevertheless, each individual among you also is to love his own wife even as himself, and the wife must see to it that she respects her husband.

Colossians 3:19 Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them.

1 Peter 3:7 You husbands in the same way, live with your wives in an understanding way, as with someone weaker, since she is a woman; and show her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life, so that your prayers will not be hindered.

How has this changed the fact that the same god gave out those stupid, nonsensical, idiotic and ridiculous laws? how has the verse you quoted nullified the fact that the biblegod told people to stone to death disobedient kids. . .how has the verses you quoted nullified the fact that the biblegod told people to cut of the hands of women that go to rescue their husbands from their assailants? how has the verses you posted nullified the fact that the biblegod even when placing monetary value on humans said that men were more valuable than women. . even the new testament says that the man is created in the image of god but the woman in the glory of the man. . .

1 Corinthians 11  But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a woman is her husband, and the head of Christ is God. Any man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head, but any woman who prays or prophesies with her head unveiled dishonors her head--it is the same as if her head were shaven. For if a woman will not veil herself, then she should cut off her hair; but if it is disgraceful for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her wear a veil. For a man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man. (For man was not made from woman, but woman from man. Neither was man created for woman, but woman for man.); That is why a woman ought to have a veil on her head, because of the angels   

the bible clearly says that the man is the image of god and the woman is the glory of the man(this shows that the man is more valuable than the woman according to the bible since the man is in the image of god while the woman is the glory of the man). . . . I did not want to enter into this conversation but when goons like osisi go around ridiculing islam when their own god is no better than allah and does not value men equally as women just like allah, i have to point it out. . .does she know that if she were alive during the old testament times her dirty hands will be cut off without mercy if she attempts to save her husband from his assailants? does she know that according to the bible her monetary value is far less than that of her husband? what a deluded goon she is. . . .
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by bawomolo(m): 9:14pm On Apr 25, 2009
NaJa HaJe:

mazaje

All the bible quotes are from the old testament. Most of these rules were re-written after Jesus shed his blood on the cross of calvary. The Laws of moses changed.

[size=5pt]I really didn't want to get involved in this but i guess i could not even help it. . . . . . [/size]

why is it in the Bible if it's irrelevant to Christians. It's funny Christians still use OT passages on tattoos etc but ignore the laws they don't want to abide by.
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by dalaman: 9:15pm On Apr 25, 2009
The fiery Mazaje is here again  grin grin, Mazaje this is not the religious section pls. i understand what you are trying to say but enough of the religious war.

@ osisi enough of some of your meaningless attacks on islam, i do not agree with mazaje but at least he has shown you how stupid and ridiculous your assertions are. you say allah says that men should beat their women lightly, but the same bible says that men are created in the image of God but women in the glory of men. The same bible tells you that women are to keep quite and not to usurp the power of men and be quite and never to speak in front of men in the church. the same bible says that the hands of women should be cut off when they go to save their husbands from attackers. When God was placing monetary values on people He placed far more value on men than women. So enough of your shenanigans.
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by mazaje(m): 9:24pm On Apr 25, 2009
bawomolo:

why is it in the Bible if it's irrelevant to Christians.  It's funny Christians still use OT passages on tattoos etc but ignore the laws they don't want to abide by.

don't mind them, the deluded goons are quick to quote passages in proverbs(old testament) which says that parents should not spare the rod and spoil their kids but they never quote deuteronomy 21:18-21(which is also in the old testament) that says that parents are to stone to death disobedient children. . . they are quick to quote psalm 23 but they never quote all the war cries of moses, joshua etc or the bible god himself when he goes around telling people to kill, rape, steal, lie and enslave their neighbours. they are quick to quote new testament verses that talks about husbands treating their wives equally but they fail to quote verses where the same god when placing monetary values on people said that men were far more valuable than women. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Conditions Of Udhiyaah (sacrificial Lamb) For Eid / Pakistani Islamic Cleric Arrested For Framing Christian Girl For Blasphemy / Islamic Indonesia Fights Against The Jilboob (tight Hijab)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.