Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,579 members, 7,816,428 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. (15176 Views)

Ways To Please Your Wife (islamic Perspective) / Christians, Why Don't You Beat Your Wives Like We Muslims Do? / 60 Ways to Show Love to Your Wife from an Islamic Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Nobody: 10:30pm On Apr 25, 2009
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

wow!! this video is not s'pose to be funny . . . but it iz!. . . THE CORRECT WAY TO BEAT YOUR WIFE Oh lordy lordy meeeeee grin
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 2:26am On Apr 26, 2009
NaJa HaJe:

mazaje

All the bible quotes are from the old testament. Most of these rules were re-written after Jesus shed his blood on the cross of calvary. The Laws of moses changed.

[size=5pt]I really didn't want to get involved in this but i guess i could not even help it. . . . . . [/size]
NaJa HaJe:

This is the New Testament . . . . . . . . . . .

Ephesians 5:2 and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma.

Ephesians 5:28 So husbands ought also to love their own wives as their own bodies. He who loves his own wife loves himself;

Ephesians 5:33 Nevertheless, each individual among you also is to love his own wife even as himself, and the wife must see to it that she respects her husband.

Colossians 3:19 Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them.

1 Peter 3:7 You husbands in the same way, live with your wives in an understanding way, as with someone weaker, since she is a woman; and show her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life, so that your prayers will not be hindered.

Great answer it's not like he doesn't know that fact.
All Christians know that fact
I dare him to produce a tape of a preacher preaching what he just wrote and quoting the New testament .
let's not let that restless soul derail this topic
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by NaJaHaJe(f): 5:37am On Apr 26, 2009
$osisi:

I dare him to produce a tape of a preacher preaching what he just wrote and quoting the New testament .

Thanks Osisi . . . . there's nothing more for me to say. You can force a horse to the stream but you cant make it drink undecided
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by amebono13: 1:30pm On Apr 26, 2009
i think ayinba is recuperating from the last ikebe(wtout bruises) beating she received from oga grin grin grin
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by mazaje(m): 6:41pm On Apr 26, 2009
$osisi:

all christians know which fact , is it not the same god that gave out the same stupid and ridiculous laws in the old testament? the bible says that the biblegod never changes, does the bible not say that god is the same yesterday, today and forever?. . .moslems at least are strong hearted enough to preach about what is written inside their koran unlike you christains who cherry pick what to believe in. . . you guys are quick to quote old testament passages that say parents should not spare the rod and spoil the child but you fail to quote the same old testament passages that says that parents should stone to death disobedient children. . .you guys are quick to read and make references to old testament stories like that of sarah the wife of abraham, but fail to read other old testament verses where the bible god says that 32 virgins that were captured as prisoners of war should be sacrificed unto him.

you read and preach about passages of the old testament  that says children should be obedient to their parents but you fail to read the same old testament passages that says children should be stoned to death for insulting their parents. . .muslims own up to all the passages in the koran unlike you goons that cherry pick what to believe in. . . you discard the parts that are uncomfortable to you guys. . .the same god that you believe is the same yesterday today and forever said that the hands of women should be cut off without mercy when they go to rescue their husbands from his assailants and when the same god was placing monetary value on people he placed the value of men much higher than that of women. . . .deal with what the bible god says and be quite. . . . according to the words of the bible god you are far less in monetary value than your husband. . idiot. . . . .do some pastors not use some of the sexist verses in the bible to establish the believe that the bible god says that men are better than women? did some advocates of slavery not use some passages in the bible that promotes slavery to justify slavery?. . . keep on picking and choosing what you want to believe in idiot. . .
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Oxone(m): 6:55pm On Apr 26, 2009
this is sad cry . i mean we are in the 21st century for Christ sakes & people are still talking about beating women haba!!!!
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 10:59pm On Apr 28, 2009
mazaje:

all christians know which fact , is it not the same god that gave out the same stupid and ridiculous laws in the old testament? the bible says that the biblegod never changes, does the bible not say that god is the same yesterday, today and forever?. . .moslems at least are strong hearted enough to preach about what is written inside their koran unlike you christains who cherry pick what to believe in. . . you guys are quick to quote old testament passages that say parents should not spare the rod and spoil the child but you fail to quote the same old testament passages that says that parents should stone to death disobedient children. . .you guys are quick to read and make references to old testament stories like that of sarah the wife of abraham, but fail to read other old testament verses where the bible god says that 32 virgins that were captured as prisoners of war should be sacrificed unto him.

you read and preach about passages of the old testament  that says children should be obedient to their parents but you fail to read the same old testament passages that says children should be stoned to death for insulting their parents. . .muslims own up to all the passages in the koran unlike you goons that cherry pick what to believe in. . . you discard the parts that are uncomfortable to you guys. . .the same god that you believe is the same yesterday today and forever said that the hands of women should be cut off without mercy when they go to rescue their husbands from his assailants and when the same god was placing monetary value on people he placed the value of men much higher than that of women. . . .deal with what the bible god says and be quite. . . . according to the words of the bible god you are far less in monetary value than your husband. . idiot. . . . .do some pastors not use some of the sexist verses in the bible to establish the believe that the bible god says that men are better than women? did some advocates of slavery not use some passages in the bible that promotes slavery to justify slavery?. . . keep on picking and choosing what you want to believe in idiot. . .     

I made a dare
you are yet to meet it.
show me a Christian that does the things you claimed in the  bid to follow Christ just like the Muslims here tell us they are following the examples of Mohammed or forever sharap!
[size=16pt]If you call yourself a man, prove me wrong[/size] tongue
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 12:36am On Jun 12, 2009
Loved this thread
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Nobody: 1:09am On Jun 12, 2009
@osisi             
you are a very big fool girl, why did u lock the former? you shoud have just left it n let me give you your dose, you claimed you didn't notice me yet you replied to my post,also you claimed my style of writing is nothing yet you could not write better, you've written sofar like an slowpoke,
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by ifyalways(f): 1:15am On Jun 12, 2009
uplawal:

you are a very big fool girl, why did u lock the former? u shoud have just left it n let me give you your dose, you claimed you didn't notice me yet you replied to my post,also you claimed my style of writtig is nothing yet you could not write better, you've written sofar like an slowpoke,
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 1:38am On Jun 12, 2009
uplawal:

@osisi
you are a very big fool girl, why did u lock the former? you shoud have just left it n let me give you your dose, you claimed you didn't notice me yet you replied to my post,also you claimed my style of writing is nothing yet you could not write better, you've written sofar like an slowpoke,

agbero.
one of you went crying to the admin because the fraud called Islam is being exposed and he quickly locked the thread.
You can't handle the truth.
I hope you're getting ready to see what Islam has in store for your ikebe
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Oxone(m): 2:00am On Jun 12, 2009
uplawal:

@osisi             

why take it so hard, am sure not all Muslims indulge in this as i was born & brought up in the north
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Nobody: 2:16am On Jun 12, 2009
@osisi
deep inside you, you are one thats why its easier for you to identify one.
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 2:21am On Jun 12, 2009
uplawal:

@osisi
deep inside you, you are one thats why its easier for you to identify one.

no, I am two
run along dear
I hope you heard my previous plea
Islamists like to use hare-brained females like you to blow up train stations and planes
remember to say no because I'll miss you
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Epi: 3:28am On Jun 12, 2009
@ Thread starter

After reading this thread, am I to assume think that only Muslim men beat their wives? I ask because the last time I checked, domestic abuse doesn’t have a religion, a race, a gender or a nationality. It happens every day in every house.

Also, If you could talk to the dude in the video, what would you have say to him?(on beating women in general)
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by savanaha: 3:31am On Jun 12, 2009
epi:

@ Thread starter

After reading this thread, am I to assume think that only Muslim men beat their wives? I ask because the last time I checked, domestic abuse doesn’t have a religion, a race, a gender or a nationality. It happens every day in every house.

Also, If you could talk to the dude in the video, what would you have say to him?(on beating women in general)

You should read the whole thing it will do you some good. Especially if you atleast read the beginning topic. There is a video of Mallams, or whatever muslim religious heads are called (Clerics?), telling how to beat a wife without much bruising. Then the beating is justifiable with passages from the Qu'ran
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Epi: 4:06am On Jun 12, 2009
I hear you, however, I wouldn't put "these barbaric Middle Eastern Muslims (in the video) who behead humans in the same bracket with the decent Muslims in America, Africa and Europe.  You and I know that extremists (like the one in the video) give Islam a bad name.  Just like the IRA who claim to be Christians (Catholics) yet always bombing up the place - they too give Christianity a bad name.  Honestly, I don't consider these "Muslim extremists real Muslims and I don't consider those IRA's  real Christians but I stand to be corrected.  All in all, no man (extremist or not) should put his hand on a woman (even if it's a slap undecided, as per the Admin) - NEVER, it's wrong.
savanaha:

You should read the whole thing it will do you some good. Especially if you at least read the beginning topic. There is a video of Mallams, or whatever Muslim religious heads are called (Clerics?), telling how to beat a wife without much bruising. Then the beating is justifiable with passages from the Qu'ran
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:08am On Jun 12, 2009
The difference is this act is actually MENTIONED in the Quran.
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by biola44: 10:02am On Jun 12, 2009
cry cry cry cry cry
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by babs787(m): 8:30pm On Jun 12, 2009
@ThiefOfHearts

Where is it Maam in the Quran?
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 8:35pm On Jun 12, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

when a religion actually teaches it's adherents how to beat their wives like malu and the same religion compares a woman to a donkey and says that a women lacks intelligence,then it's become a cultic movement.
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 8:45pm On Jun 12, 2009
babs787:

@ThiefOfHearts

Where is it Maam in the Quran?

Six translations of Qur'an 4:34:

"Men are superior to women on account of the qualities with which God has gifted the one above the other, and on account of the outlay they make from their substance for them. Virtuous women are obedient, careful, during the husband's absence, because God has of them been careful. But chide those for whose refractoriness you have cause to fear; remove them into beds apart, and scourge them: but if they are obedient to you, then seek not occasion against them: verily, God is High, Great!" (Rodwell's version of the Koran, Quran, 4:34)

"Men have authority over women because God has made the one superior to the other, and because they spend their wealth to maintain them. Good women are obedient. They guard their unseen parts because God has guarded them. As for those from whom you fear disobedience, admonish them and send them to beds apart and beat them. Then if they obey you, take no further action against them. Surely God is high, supreme." (Dawood's version of the Koran, Quran, 4:34)

"Men are in charge of women, because Allah has made the one of them to excel the other, and because they spend of their property (for the support of women). So good women are the obedient, guarding in secret that which Allah has guarded. As for those from whom you fear rebellion, admonish them and[b] banish them to beds apart[/b], and scourge them. Then if they obey you, seek not a way against them. Lo! Allah is ever High Exalted, Great." (Pickthall's version of the Koran, Quran, 4:34)

"Men are the managers of the affairs of women for that God has preferred in bounty one of them over another, and for that they have expended of their property. Righteous women are therefore obedient, guarding the secret for God's guarding. And those you fear may be rebellious admonish; banish them to their couches, and beat them. If they then obey you, look not for any way against them; God is All high, All great." (Arberry's version of the Koran, Quran, 4:34)

"Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in their sleeping places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great. (Shakir's version of the Koran, Quran, 4:34)

"Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whom part you fear disloyalty and ill conduct, admonish them (first), (next), refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance) for Allah is Most High, Great (above you all). (Ali's version of the Koran, Quran, 4:34)

see the politically correct translation that adds lightly to it.
why on earth should a woman be beaten by her husband.
What is lightly?
10 slaps and 10 punches as opposed to 20?
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 8:49pm On Jun 12, 2009
epi:

I hear you, however, I wouldn't put "these barbaric Middle Eastern Muslims (in the video) who behead humans in the same bracket with the decent Muslims in America, Africa and Europe. You and I know that extremists (like the one in the video) give Islam a bad name. Just like the IRA who claim to be Christians (Catholics) yet always bombing up the place - they too give Christianity a bad name. Honestly, I don't consider these "Muslim extremists real Muslims and I don't consider those IRA's real Christians but I stand to be corrected. All in all, no man (extremist or not) should put his hand on a woman (even if it's a slap undecided, as per the Admin) - NEVER, it's wrong.

Those are not extremists.
Don't be deceived by the lies Muslims tell in the west to deceive the gullible.
They are carrying out exactly what Allah instructs them to do .
It is not extreme Islam ,that's Islam at it's best and it allows spousal abuse and pedophilia
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 8:52pm On Jun 12, 2009
I wonder why this thread was moved from the family section to the Islamic section.
Another plot to silence the truth by locking the thread when it gets hot like my previous thread about "the only religion that kills as a duty"
The truth will always prevail.
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 8:55pm On Jun 12, 2009
epi:

@ Thread starter

I never made that claim.
Spousal abuse is punishable in the USA
It is a crime and Christianity does not condone it.
Men are enjoined to love their wives as their own bodies.
The difference here is that a Muslim that beats his wife is acting within the confines of what is permissible by his religion.
Would you love to be that woman whom allah says could be scourged?
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by savanaha: 9:02pm On Jun 12, 2009
$osisi:

I wonder why this thread was moved from the family section to the Islamic section.
Another plot to silence the truth by locking the thread when it gets hot like my previous thread about "the only religion that kills as a duty"
The truth will always prevail.

Is Seun Muslim?
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 9:03pm On Jun 12, 2009
savanaha:

Is Seun Muslim?

I don't think so
But it's obvious they have him wrapped around their turban grin
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 12, 2009
epi:

I hear you, however, I wouldn't put "these barbaric Middle Eastern Muslims (in the video) who behead humans in the same bracket with the decent Muslims in America, Africa and Europe.  You and I know that extremists (like the one in the video) give Islam a bad name.  Just like the IRA who claim to be Christians (Catholics) yet always bombing up the place - they too give Christianity a bad name.  Honestly, I don't consider these "Muslim extremists real Muslims and I don't consider those IRA's  real Christians but I stand to be corrected.  All in all, no man (extremist or not) should put his hand on a woman (even if it's a slap undecided, as per the Admin) - NEVER, it's wrong.

these "Decent" muslims live in countries where the law supercedes their islamic tenets and they are in a very small minority.
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Nobody: 12:25am On Jun 13, 2009
$osisi:

I never made that claim.
Spousal abuse is punishable in the USA
It is a crime and Christianity does not condone it.
Men are enjoined to love their wives as their own bodies.
The difference here is that a Muslim that beats his wife is acting within the confines of what is permissible by his religion.
Would you love to be that woman whom allah says could be scourged?

actually, i believe Christianity is silent on it - it neither approves or disapproves of it.

$osisi:

Those are not extremists.
Don't be deceived by the lies Muslims tell in the west to deceive the gullible.
They are carrying out exactly what Allah instructs them to do .
It is not extreme Islam ,that's Islam at it's best and it allows spousal abuse and pedophilia

later osisi will talk out of the other side of her mouth

Christians differ in opinions all the time about zillions of things just like you[b] Muslims differ in opinions about issues like Child marriage,polygamy,temporary marriage[/b] etc but you notice that we all agree that Jesus died on the cross and is the coming king.Posting differing opinions from Christians on the web and expecting me to answer is like asking why you have not blown yourself to pieces for the promise of 72 virgins yet Musims do it.
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 12:27am On Jun 13, 2009
what if I gave you a scripture how a Christian ought to treat his wife
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 12:32am On Jun 13, 2009
Just one from Ephesians 5
Oh lala

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; 26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, 27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. 28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loves his wife loves himself. 29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourishes and cherishes it, even as the Lord the church: 30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. 31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined to his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. 32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church. 33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

Halleluia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do you want more?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Nobody: 12:33am On Jun 13, 2009
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_the_Bible

can find it myself, than you

Apostle Paul on Women

Forbidden to teach or speak in the church:
"Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (1 Timothy 2:11-12)
"Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church." (1 Corinthians 14:34-35)

Bishops and Deacons must be men:
"This is a true saying, if a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach"(1 Timothy 3:1-2)
"Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well."(1 Timothy 3:12)
"For this cause left I thee in Crete, that thou shouldest set in order the things that are wanting, and ordain elders in every city, as I had appointed thee: If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly."(Titus 1:5-6)

The head of woman is man:
"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God. But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven. For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered. For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man. For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man."(1 Corinthians 11:3, 5-9)

Full submission to one's husband:
"Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing." (Ephesians 5:22-24)
"Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord."(Colossians 3:19)

[edit]
Apostle Peter on women

Submission to husband:
Wives, in the same way be submissive to your husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, "(1 Peter 3:1)

Women as weaker partner:
"Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers."(1 Peter 3:7)

you don't seem to have that high a place. seems more like you are expected to be seen and not heard   smiley

the bible is oddly silent on women who refuse to be submissive and silent . perhaps in those days it was an absolute impossibility? or are Christian women much more docile and easily cowed than Muslim women  smiley.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Conditions Of Udhiyaah (sacrificial Lamb) For Eid / Pakistani Islamic Cleric Arrested For Framing Christian Girl For Blasphemy / Islamic Indonesia Fights Against The Jilboob (tight Hijab)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.