Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,259 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. (15173 Views)

Ways To Please Your Wife (islamic Perspective) / Christians, Why Don't You Beat Your Wives Like We Muslims Do? / 60 Ways to Show Love to Your Wife from an Islamic Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Nobody: 12:37am On Jun 13, 2009
seems you somehow always miss this sort of thing when you are hunting down your hadith etal

He said: The most perfect Muslim in the matter of faith is one who has excellent behavior; and the best among you are those who behave best towards their wives. (Tirmidhi)
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 12:42am On Jun 13, 2009
oyb:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_the_Bible

can find it myself, than you

you don't seem to have that high a place. seems more like you are expected to be seen and not heard   smiley

the bible is oddly silent on women who refuse to be submissive and silent . perhaps in those days it was an absolute impossibility? or are Christian women much more docile and easily cowed than Muslim women  smiley.

That is where the fruit of the Spirit like love,patience , meekness come in
The Bible doesn't sanction anyone flogging the mother of his children

I believe in a woman submitting to her husband.
In every household there should be authority.
It makes for smooth running.
It is Biblical
I agree with it.
Pauls's teaching are totally in order and for ordeliness a wife ought to submit and a husband ought to love and treat his wife like his own body
but this thread again is about how you discpline the mother of your children
and the question is should you use a horse whip or your cowboy belt knuckle grin
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 12:47am On Jun 13, 2009
oyb:

seems you somehow always miss this sort of thing when you are hunting down your hadith etal

He said: The most perfect Muslim in the matter of faith is one who has excellent behavior; and the best among you are those who behave best towards their wives. (Tirmidhi)

Now you're quoting a strange  hadith and if I quote the same types you'll tell me they are not sahih wink
But remember that the Koran never condemned the beating of a wife
It gave instructions on the steps before she receives her koboko so the Muslim man is not particularly in error Islamically speaking afterall Alah himself says he can discpline her with a few kicks and punches.
He may be in error if he fails to discipline a non compliant wife.
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by olabowale(m): 12:51am On Jun 13, 2009
And she sheds her gra gra quality here. A meow just came out of her. You this woman is a riot. Go to oga and rest. Its Friday night.

Osisi is a lover not a figter. Yet we see her with machete and already suited up in armor
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 12:53am On Jun 13, 2009
oyb:

the bible is oddly silent on women who refuse to be submissive and silent .

This your answer is scary.
Don't tell me you resort to violence when Sikiratu fails to make your eba and serves you yellow Igbo style eba grin
I'm sure you won't try that nonsense
Yoruba women are no docile arab women,I hope you know that
you better get ready to collect whatever she hands you if you try that sura on her
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 12:55am On Jun 13, 2009
olabowale:

And she sheds her gra gra quality here. A meow just came out of her. You this woman is a riot. Go to oga and rest. Its Friday night.

Osisi is a lover not a figter. Yet we see her with machete and already suited up in armor

Oga is out of town cool
bia Olabs never ever scourge my sister.
I don't care what the Koran tells you
I'm telling you now,that's a command you must never obey.
She will dial 911 and you'll end up on TV
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 12:57am On Jun 13, 2009
Oyb this is around midnight in Nigeria,don't you have a wife to cuddle?
Abi she banish you for couch grin
be gone
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by olabowale(m): 11:25am On Jun 13, 2009
Its Quran, not Koran. Q and K are different alphabets. Queen can't be spelled Kueen. It just would not sound right. King can't be spelled Qing, either.

As to Zainab: The tall woman respects me, And I do respect her back, just as much. Finally my Sunnah is the Sunnah of Muhammad (AS). He did not beat his wife. And the evidence is clear from the ahadith and his sirah. And the Quran did not say people should beat their wife; whether it is the Ikebe part that will now show or any other place.

Evidence: You can't "till" without grumbling, if you beat, just right before. And tilling, I like. The point that am making is that I don't really care for what a "Shelk or alim/Ulama" says, except it agrees with Muhammad (AS). No Ulama is a Nabi or Rasul. And I know whomy rasul and nabi (AS) is.

We have a decal here in USA that says: I follow anyone who is following Muhammad (AS) ahead of me. This very decal tells you without reading any subjective and personal meaning or interpretation to it, that when that same person deviates from following Muhammad (AS), even though he is ahead of you and you have been following him, earlier, you stop following him. And the only eason you stop and dont follow him any longer is that he has not followed the right course.

I will like to tell you 2 short stories before I give you my read of the "Bat your wife, " verse from the Quran. But remember that it says ligtly. The lightly is an injuction, a very important cautionary statement. Allah says in the Quran that those who are believers are those who get the "right" meaning of the Quran. And believers are in many gradiations. May Allah makes all muslims. males and females of us from the ranks of the best of believers. Amin.

1). About 10 years ago, an Indian Muslim who was working at a gas station to support himself and the family back home, got concerned about his not making Jumu'a prayers, every week. So he called his "Shelk" back in India. (Most people always associate themselves with shelk, I dont. All people are my shelk, as long as the have the right and useful knowledge. The shelk in India gave him a conclusion that it is permissable not to go to Jumu'a if it is not completely convenient, for whatever reason in this case, job. The shelk said this because he considered the money coming in from this guy (Allah knows the truth).

The same guy happenede to be concerned by it, still. So he asked another Imam here in USA. That Imam hearing what the India one said, was so angry and said that if he had heard or seen the Indian shelk, he will use his shoes to whack him in the head for giving such a bad advise. (Muslims compare the worst kind of people to dirty things; dogs, beating with shoes. The Iraqi journalsi must have been very angry enough that he threw shoes at the leader of the free world, last year).

2). The last ten days of the Ramadan of 2002, I spent it in a particlar Masjid. The Imam, with a Ph. D. from a recognizable Islamic University was giving a lecture about ablution. So he broke into telling us that there is dua when you wash your hands. A different one when you rinse your mouth. A different one, specifically for each part that you clean/purify! Everyone was shock, because we know that there is nothing like that, in Sunnah/Ahadith.

The following morning, he came back, hurridly to say that what he said yesterday wa wrong and people should not practice it. Many questions came to mind, immediately; What happens to those who heard it last nigh and are not here today? If they are transcient and new in Islam, they probably will take it as the honest truth. Itwill take another lecture in the future to wrestle that misinformation from their wu'du routine.

I asked myself, how was this Imam making his wu'du before this morning that he said hi advise the night before was wrong?

You see, no shelk knows everything, all the time in Islam. If there is, he would be equal in knowledge with the prophet. You know that is not possible. At least we dont have that in Islam. Maybe in your Christian religion, since even Paul's statements over ride that of Jesus. And Jesus statements over rides that of the earlier prophets in the Bible, according to you.

At least the scholars in Islam are not shy to speak out. They speak their mind, as much as they have of the knowledge of Islam, unlike the hypocrites in Christendom! At least we give the muslim scholars passing marks for efforts, even though they may be incorrect, when you compare them with the Control and excellent standard: What comes from my beloved Muhammad (AS).
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by mukina2: 12:09pm On Jun 13, 2009
Trust Osisi to bring up a topic like this cheesy

this ur obsession has gotten out of hand oh. cheesy
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by olabowale(m): 12:24pm On Jun 13, 2009
And you and I know that spousal abuse is not limited to the community of Muslims. At least you can't deny whats going on in front of your eyes, in Texas. Go to the courts and its mainly Christians that are giving their wives black eyes. Now, the soldier boys are kiling their wives as if they are still fighting their Iraqi Muslim enemies in Faluja!

Now lets come to your main concern: wife beating in Islam.

Again, Muhammad (AS) did not lay a single finger on any of hs wives! Thats a real man. I know you will talk about your usual gimmick of a ahadith where Muhammad hit/struck Aisha in the chest, and she says that it hurt I am saying it here and now for you that it is a lie and that ahadith does not fit with the nature of the prophet. My proof is the single ahadith where Muhammad had simply poked a companion in the stomach with his finger, in jest. What did the prophet do? He told the Muslim man to poke him back, in the same exact way, at least, because he does not want that simple action to be counted against him.

If Muhammad (AS) had hit Aisha (RA) as you and the fake ahadith alleged, he would have begged her to retaliate, immediately. And Aisha did not report such an action/statemet. This is why the ahadith is unbelievable. Further, you should not forget that the Quran states that Muhammad has the best of "excellent qualities" that ae worthy of being emulated. Read the Quran to learn about Muhammad. And by the way, you can use the he is pedophile nonsense to buttress your position. Zainab is like a daughter to me. Bianca is like a daughter to Odumegu Ojukwu. Catherine Zeta Jones is like a daighter to Michael Doughlas. The wife of Donald Trump is like his daughter. The big time Christian crusader and fake conservative Mel Gibson is with a daughter like girlfriend now. The darn adulterer is no ashamed. Older men, like me love daughetr like wives. Its a good thing! The women love it like cat meow to a "fancy feast."
Older wome, the Cougars are not copying the men. Women like Demi Moore, etc! I wish most of these women marry their young studs.

Back to my presentation. I am sure that you know about Job (AS). He was a prophet of Allah, in the Quran. He was alive and dead long time before Jesus (AS) and certainly before Muhammad (AS). Now, when Job was sick, a lot of things happened to him. And at the height of his sickness, his wife emotionally said to him; you are a prophet of Allah and you are suffering this much. Why don't you ask Him to relieve you? Her statement to him, this time seemed to affect him into displeasure against her. He angrily said to her that when I get well (a prediction by Allah coming from the tongue of His prophet), I will whip you 10 lashes (a commitment coming from Allah's prophet). Allah does not allow a Prophet to make a commitment except that it is fulfilled. (Fulfilment is part of the proofs of the prophetic offices of those prophets (AS)). The proof of this is the ahadith leading to battle of the war of Huud. The messenger (AS), upon putting up his breast plate (like the way Moses, Daud, Sulaiman put theirs on), he said that it is the way of the prophets that they must go to the battle field(s), before taking it off!

In time, Job by Allah got well. Now he had to fulfill his promised of whipping his wife 100 lashes. Allah by His Mercy revealed to Job to get 100 grass blades from the field and bunch then together. He was commanded to "touch" his wife with it, so that he will fulfill his commitment, as a prophet!

Then imagine what level of Mercy Allah is to bring on the Muslims, from the Quran! Allah says to Muhammad (AS) take from the prophets what is excellent in their lives. So from Daud, Jesus, Moses, for example we take and adopted love for fasting voluntarily, over and above in addition to the compulsory Ramadan fast. Daud's voice is so beautiful that it is expressed that he will be required to read the Quran in the day of judgement. Hence, beautify your voice when you read the Quran. Let me just leave it at that, since we are just talking about wife beating.
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by olabowale(m): 1:09pm On Jun 13, 2009
So in Surah Azhab, we see that the wives of the prophet (AS), Aisha and Afsa (RA), included were told by Allah that if they wished to divorce Allah and His Rasul, they should know that Allah and His prophet will grant them their wishes with a beautiful ransome for their departure. There is also a tafsir and ahadith that provide insight to when Umar bin Khattab heard that his daughter, Afsa (RA) was behaving badly to the prophet.

It was stated that Umar (RA) was about to beat his daughter (and father should not cooperate in something bad with his daughter, against a good husband, just because she is the daughter. No parent should for any spouse; husband or wife when she is wrong. Instead a way to keep the union should be soth, first), in front of her husband, the Prophet. The Prophet (AS) had to stop the father (RA) not to do so.This is another example that Muhammad is not a wife beater. And no Muslim should beat his wife.

In all, the mistakes of the past nation; Judaism, Christianity, at least the two mentioned in the Quran were corrected and replaced with better qualities not difficult to implement, for the last nation, Islamic nation under Muhammad (AS) to follow. For example, when the earlier nations, the Jew for example used to tear the part of their cloth that is soiled, the muslims just simply splash water on the part that urine touches to dilute the urine and of course purity the clothing. Thats mercy.

It is therefore to be understood and be taken that Muslims, instead of just an eye for an eye, have the option to completely forgive and depend on Allah, alone. It is without even taking the eye, or less than the eye or anything, except the complete forgiveness, alone. Muhammad (AS) was preferred by Zaid, his slave boy, over his own father, even before the beginning of prophethood. This is the reason that he adopted him as ason, which Allah cancelled by the verse in Surah Azhab, by Allah's decision to make Zaid divorce Zainab and the Rasul to marry her, which therefore prohibits adoptions which are always accmpanied by severance of family bloodline continuity.

If Job was not allowed to whack his wife as hard as he would have wanted, considering she was actually showing per the perception of her Prophet husband, disbelief in Allah's altimate decision, why would anyone thinks that a muslim husband can beat his wife? I dont see anything saying that I must beat her. However Allah knows His creatures to have diverse personality. This is why the "lightly" is inserted, since some people can be driven to such an extreme. So they are coutioned by the "lightly", like Job, is the adequate example for the "beat." It has to be light like that.

I have listened to many talks about this subject matter. And those I will take their opinion(s) are those whose statements go to the Quran and Sunnah for their statement. Those who do not follow Muhammad, as I have said earlier, are rejected by me. Since Muhammad (AS) is the "walking Quran" I am satisfiedby the way he treated his wives (AS). I am emulating that to a "t".

Now, i hope you are satisfied and know that no man is permissable to beat his spouse, like the giving of black eye. Heck hitting of the face is not permissible in Islam. So some people will talk out of Ignorance. Yes they be Shelk,but they are not Rasul. The authority of islam, among mankind rests on my beloved Muhammad (AS).

One of the four Imams said as he came to the grave of the prophet in Madina; Everyone's opinion(s) can be questioned. Except the occupant of his grave (he pointed to the grave of the Prophet (AS)). Each Imam also stated that there opinion is to be discarded for what Muhammad aid, if said opinion is different. For the statement ofMuhammad (AS) isright and theirs are wrong! And for me in the day of judgement, te shifa that I want to be covered under immediately is thatof Muhammad (AS).
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Abuzola(m): 2:13pm On Jun 13, 2009
Suratul Nisa'i :34. Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has made one of them to excel the other, and because they spend (to support them) from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient (to Allah and to their husbands), and guard in the husband's absence what Allah orders them to guard (e.g. their chastity, their husband's property, etc.). As to those women on whose part you see ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (next), refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly, if it is useful), but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance). Surely, Allah is Ever Most High, Most Great.

We do not need to be sapping our energy on the unbelievers, the best and tactical way to confront them is Give them the answer and vanish, when they go off the topic ignore them
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by JJYOU: 2:40pm On Jun 13, 2009
$osisi:

Oyb this is around midnight in Nigeria,don't you have a wife to cuddle?
Abi she banish you for couch grin
be gone
oyb, ansa simple question na.
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by spikedcylinder: 8:08pm On Jun 13, 2009
Oyb, you shoulda stayed outta this one! cheesy
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:53am On Jun 14, 2009
and the question is should you use a horse whip or your cowboy belt knuckle

grin
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 3:01am On Jun 14, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

grin

stay there and be grinning grin
I've been begging you to marry an Igbo man grin
at least you can be sure that Christ didn't command him to flog you.

long time TOH,how work?
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:25am On Jun 14, 2009
Yoruba woman are too crazy for them to handle. Abi you dont hear what your brothers say about us wink

Im good jare. Busy. Osisi where do you usually get decent priced tickets to go home. Im thinking of Dec.
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 3:59am On Jun 14, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Yoruba woman are too crazy for them to handle. Abi you dont hear what your brothers say about us wink

Im good jare. Busy. Osisi where do you usually get decent priced tickets to go home. Im thinking of Dec.

Don't mind my brothers them.

Delta has good rates non stop from time to time but you have to check their site religiously.
I may be going home sef,let me go and collect my own long overdue chieftaincy title.
Chief Dr Mrs  prophetess Osisi
The odogwu nwanyi 1 of nairaland
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:20am On Jun 14, 2009
Lmao and what does odogwu nwayi mean
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by dayokanu(m): 6:42am On Jun 14, 2009

Alawin wink wink wink wink grin grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by JJYOU: 11:21am On Jun 15, 2009
$osisi:

Don't mind my brothers them.

Delta has good rates non stop from time to time but you have to check their site religiously.
I may be going home sef,let me go and collect my own long overdue chieftaincy title.
[size=18pt]Chief Rev Dr Mrs  prophetess Osisi
The odogwu nwanyi 1 of nairaland[/size]

there should be Rev. before the Dr Mrs sister nwando. 

you are so funny. dont forget you may get what you wish but do it nicely and dont ask for tithes here o
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by chuxy12(m): 9:14pm On Jun 18, 2009
what a war!!!! shocked shocked. I believe strongly that Osisi and OYB were husband and wife who were always fighting in their previous life. the y fought so hard that they must have died in one of their domestic fights grin grin Una no get work to do grin grin
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 10:35pm On Jun 18, 2009
chuxy12:

what a war!!!! shocked shocked. I believe strongly that Osisi and OYB were husband and wife who were always fighting in their previous life. the y fought so hard that they must have died in one of their domestic fights grin grin Una no get work to do grin grin

I don't talk to people with less than 800 posts grin
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:17pm On Jun 18, 2009
lmao cheesy
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 19, 2009
chuxy12:

na because hotfunmi don take leave of absence cheesy cry
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:32pm On Jun 19, 2009
for gender reassignment cheesy
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 5:08pm On Jun 23, 2009
where's hotfunmi BTW
I hear she paraded for a while as "recognize" and some other names
I hope someone is not scourging her lightly
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:34pm On Jun 23, 2009
If only osisi knew. cheesy I'd tell you if I knew how to write in Igbo
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sosisi(f): 6:00pm On Jun 23, 2009
please gist me
babyosisi@hotmail.com
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:40pm On Jun 23, 2009
" tongue wink"
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by sleek29(m): 9:43am On Jul 01, 2009
All girls like koboko grin, uncivilized, no wonder they preach against civilization and the west.
Re: The Correct Way To Beat Your Wife. by olabowale(m): 9:23pm On Jul 01, 2009
sleek29 calls every female girl. Mr. Ciility or civilization.

What is civilazation? Please define it and you will find the imprint of Islam. Europe did not take shower, until islam taught them. They did not know how to use cutleries, either until Islam educated them.

You sleek29, I am certain dont know how to wipe yourself clean. And your cloth; undergarments and pants can't be devoid of urine! You stand and you shake and you are unmindful of the remaining droplets that socked your pants. lol.

How civilized can you be, man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Conditions Of Udhiyaah (sacrificial Lamb) For Eid / Pakistani Islamic Cleric Arrested For Framing Christian Girl For Blasphemy / Islamic Indonesia Fights Against The Jilboob (tight Hijab)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.