Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,091 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. (66838 Views)

A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief / Which Comes First, Religion Or Tribe? / Communication With GOD Vs Dogs: Benefits So Far: You Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by MUNEER2(m): 9:58pm On Oct 08, 2015
Every tribe is guilty of bigotry, i care less about other statistics. God bless all peace lovers and objective minds.

1 Like

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by galadima77(m): 9:58pm On Oct 08, 2015
Mogidi:

Lets get this straight, because okada man carried you for free means there's no tribalism in Nigeria?

I would have taken you serious if you were posting this from boko haram stronghold of Gwoza or Maiduguri.

"No Surrender" to Hausa/Fulani, never.

You're just the person the moral of this story is directed at. Btw, he paid the 100 naira to the first rider, cos hatred wont let you see properly

2 Likes

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by mickeyIso(m): 9:59pm On Oct 08, 2015
i dunno i just think hausas are the most level headed,honest and straight forward Nigerians.I left my htc one in a keke last week.i kept the phone on the keke seat to unload my box and forgot to pick it.The hausa guy brought the phone back to my house where he dropped me...That was simply kind!
Thebachelor:
Someti undecidedme today I took a bike from Mararaba junction heading to Aso.
We've covered about 40% of the journey when I heard the "click click" sound of a broken chain. The okada guy stopped,inspected the bike and advised me to take another bike as his can't make the rest of the trip.

After a while, one okada guy came along,I waved him down and asked him to take me to my destination.
I informed him that I bargained 100 naira with the first dude so they should negotiate the price.
The first dude asked him to take 60naira and give him 40naira since he(new okada guy) will cover most of the distance.

The new okada guy just looked at the broken chain and said something in hausa which neither of us (both of us were Christians and southerners) understood.

But from his gesticulation I deduced he was asking me to give the whole sum to the first okada rider.
I demonstrated to him to be sure of what he meant and he nodded in affirmation. I was puzzled at this act of kindness and generosity especially because it was geared towards a different religion and tribe.
Thereafter,the Hausa,muslim okada rider took me to my destination without charge.

I put this little story up here to make you tribal and religious bigots understand something; Nigeria is not one,that may be true. But the division is not across ethnic or religious lines.
The boundary is between the thieving elites
and the suffering commoners.
That's why an Akpabio will be supporting a Saraki.

So before you throw jabs at that man because of his religion and tribe,understand that he is also a victim of the situation.

#GodBlessNigeria.

Lalasticlala ...help me show this to them,thanks.

1 Like

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by meforyou1(m): 9:59pm On Oct 08, 2015
Thebachelor:

Not for me,maybe.
But for the other okada guy? Definitely.
ya, okada doing another okada favour. U could have stated it that way, not saying he carried you "free of charge". Danfo guys do that as well, luxurious buses too, may be taxis to a smaller extent.
Good gesture by the way.

1 Like

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by shaqhead: 10:00pm On Oct 08, 2015
raymondzack:
What of those killing others all in the name of religion wey dem promise virgins in heaven
The worst thing is not the killings you see, the worse is for the rest of us who are in the majority to lose our humanity. The moment we get to that point we becom beasts!

The Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo common man on d street who is thinkin of his next meal isnt thinkin in such myopic lines u kno...so in unity we stand!

3 Likes

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by dossylvanus(m): 10:02pm On Oct 08, 2015
Until we devolve power, there will be nothing like peace in Naija. We are all bigots.
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by atlwireles: 10:05pm On Oct 08, 2015
[s]
advocates:
And the Orjis mismanaged abia state and leave it in state of disrepair. Your hypocrisy and bigotry is well documented. Better a road side almajiri than an army of thieves and kidnappers terrorising the entire country and exporting same to abroad.
[/s]

An akobata Fulani will always remain a slave. Read my comment slowly before you reply next time.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 08, 2015
I opened this thread with great delight as something similar has happened to me too.

A month in Abuja, and my church people would drive past and say hi. Waving and smiling, while this man with a scooter would always pick me up, take a detour and drop me off at my training venue.

Humanity is humanity, tribe and religion are boundaries.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Fearcom(m): 10:08pm On Oct 08, 2015
We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.

Martin Luther King Jnr

2 Likes

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Bsc(m): 10:09pm On Oct 08, 2015
So every man who speaks Hausa is a muslim or Hausa? U stay Abuja since hw many years u no learn hausa and u dey use sign dey communicate... Ekwesiri ka apia gi utali. There is a story also for the opposite side.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by duality(m): 10:09pm On Oct 08, 2015
Thebachelor:
Sometime today I took a bike from Mararaba junction heading to Aso.
We've covered about 40% of the journey when I heard the "click click" sound of a broken chain. The okada guy stopped,inspected the bike and advised me to take another bike as his can't make the rest of the trip.

After a while, one okada guy came along,I waved him down and asked him to take me to my destination.
I informed him that I bargained 100 naira with the first dude so they should negotiate the price.
The first dude asked him to take 60naira and give him 40naira since he(new okada guy) will cover most of the distance.

The new okada guy just looked at the broken chain and said something in hausa which neither of us (both of us were Christians and southerners) understood.

But from his gesticulation I deduced he was asking me to give the whole sum to the first okada rider.
I demonstrated to him to be sure of what he meant and he nodded in affirmation. I was puzzled at this act of kindness and generosity especially because it was geared towards a different religion and tribe.
Thereafter,the Hausa,muslim okada rider took me to my destination without charge.

I put this little story up here to make you tribal and religious bigots understand something; Nigeria is not one,that may be true. But the division is not across ethnic or religious lines.

So before you throw jabs at that man because of his religion and tribe,understand that he is also a victim of the situation.

#GodBlessNigeria.

Nice point.

But tooo Narrow. You don't have to relate it to politics

3 Likes

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by arafone(m): 10:10pm On Oct 08, 2015
walanter:
Hmmm
Wat now should I call buhari ...or apc chairman for dis
call them Nigerians
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 08, 2015
atlwireles:
This sounds like northerners are not corrupt narrative of the 80s, yet they manage to leave their people in penury, terrorised with death daily.Despite all the billions collected from the government since 1975. Yah, Op keep this story to yourselves.

What class of the North is corrupt? The Elite. How about the East? The Elite also. The South and West nko? Same Elite.

But the man on the street in the North is feeling effect of corruption as badly as the man on street in the East,South and West.

Know who the foes are brother,and know who the victims are.

4 Likes

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 08, 2015
ote author=raymondzack post=38797789]What of those killing othersl in the name of religion wey dem promise virgins in heaven[/quote] you are right brother...buh one slave make us abuse a thousand slave....just because one person from a tribe or religion did something bad we are in haste to make generalization.....yet we still have several kind ppl among every tribe or religion just like dis okada man Op just talked abt
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by badnature: 10:14pm On Oct 08, 2015
the same awusa people that killed people in Nigeria just because someone made a cartoon of the child rapist(Mohammed ) in far away Denmark?or is it those one that creates Niger delta and south south even when the don't have north north in the north? or is it those one that move their cattle to people farm and eat all their crops? black people are demented,baboons and monkeys every were.ndi isi ojie!

1 Like

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by YaksonFCA(m): 10:15pm On Oct 08, 2015
Impressive
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by utytill(m): 10:16pm On Oct 08, 2015
long hisss...pishure or i don't beliv.
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by soloehis(m): 10:18pm On Oct 08, 2015
This is so touching kudos to the selfless bike man..but u OP..u didnt do well at all u should have parted with atleast 100 naira to encourage the kind gesture of the bike man..yet on sunday u will give offering in church ..shout hosana when a man laboured for u and took nothing back home.
. And to all we should learn to show little kindness to the down droden especially those hawking various commodities on the street.we shouldnt be pricing to the extent that they would be compel to sell below cost price for them to just have some thing to eat..

1 Like

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 08, 2015
Stupid thread. Why must you tell us their religion? People like you are very dumb - typical African.

Who told you muslims were evil or christians were good?

Treat people as human beings and not because of where they are from. When will Africans learn? Only those that live in a small world get carried away. Are you telling me that you were born into thinking that all muslims were bad or all chriatians were good?

Y[b]ou are fist a good or bad person before you are a christian or a muslim. Religion cannot make you good. If you are waiting for religion to make you a kind person then you are not really kind.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 08, 2015
There is nothing emotional here. You are not the cause of the broken chain. The consequence is the 'Okada rider' to bear. What is wrong with Nigerians and sentiments? Smh... I was expecting to see a Hausa man saved Southern Christians from Boko Haram. Not this trash.

4 Likes

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by godoluwa(m): 10:19pm On Oct 08, 2015
Thebachelor:

Thanks bro. Lets keep preaching unity until the common man realizes his enemy is not his fellow commoner but them bad men at the top.
funny man. such act is norm among hausa & has nothing to do with Nigeria unity.
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 08, 2015
Yeah right. we may differ in our beliefs and ideaideology but we don't have to express dat by violent means or hate One another.

religionnsection keyboard warriors, come see dis.
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by harry509: 10:20pm On Oct 08, 2015
Thebachelor:

#GodBlessNigeria.

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Nobody: 10:21pm On Oct 08, 2015
Thebachelor:

#GodBlessNigeria.

Well they still kill igbos wen cartoons are drawn in Denmark. changes nothing.

1 Like

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by eflintsone(m): 10:22pm On Oct 08, 2015
the real truth is hausas are the nicest in nigeria, I have stayed in maiduguri for 6yrs

1 Like

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by soloehis(m): 10:22pm On Oct 08, 2015
Thebachelor:

#GodBlessNigeria.

This is so touching kudos to the selfless bike man..but u OP..u didnt do well at all u should have parted with atleast 100 naira to encourage the kind gesture of the bike man..yet on sunday u will give offering in church ..shout hosana when a man laboured for u and took nothing back home.
. And to all we should learn to show little kindness to the down droden especially those hawking various commodities on the street.we shouldnt be pricing to the extent that they would be compel to sell below cost price for them to just have some thing to eat
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Fearcom(m): 10:22pm On Oct 08, 2015
What the Op said hit some tribal bigots hard: and the responses from the same are obvious. This example the Op gave is just one of the millions of lovely people. Cut across tribe, language and religion that exist in this same country that has been painted black.
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by promayor1(m): 10:23pm On Oct 08, 2015
raymondzack:
What of those killing others all in the name of religion wey dem promise virgins in heaven
Dont spoil the moment naaa cry

1 Like

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Lionhearted: 10:23pm On Oct 08, 2015
Kindness does not recognise ethnicity.

Hausas are foremost human being, the bad and the good exists also among them just like any other tribes.
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Dottune(m): 10:23pm On Oct 08, 2015
pet4ril:
some of them are just too good
Yeah...
Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by Angoni(m): 10:24pm On Oct 08, 2015
Nonsense! The Hausa Muslim akada driver did a favor to a fellow Hausa Muslim akada rider. Not you. The title of the topic should have been what a Hausa akada rider did to a fellow Hausa akada rider. If you want to see how Hausa Muslims really treat southern Christians go north: and you see them waving branches in the air, both old and young, women and men, when a church is bombed or a southerner is in power. Do not be naive and fool others here, Mr Ostrich.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. by shaqhead: 10:26pm On Oct 08, 2015
Xtracoool:
OP nice story. But let me quickly point out that this story cannot be related to the tribal and ethnic divisions in this country.
You see, OP, you simply stopped a good man (The second bike man). That was it, nothing else. I have seen an igbo man turn on a fellow igbo man; a yoruba turn on his tribesman.

It's a touching story tho.
I think the OP made it quite clear that though Nigeria may not be one but the division isnt along ethnic and religious lines in the sense that the struggling common man doesnt have d tym for bigotry and even when u c him exhibiting such it is because he is a victim of the circumstance created by the Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo elites!

Yes, the tales we have been fed on are tales of wickedness of one tribe against the other but are there also tales like this where some have risen above such base instincts? Of course, I can tell u a tale of a neighbor-an Igbo lady who was hidden in a mosque 4 3wks in a crises in Jos by her muslim friend family. I wont deny examples of other gruesome acts but like Chimamanda in her wisdom posited, there is grave danger is a single narrative!

If we fall for this trap of bigotry that I see many youths fallin for especially on Nland, we take our eyes off the elites' ills and we carnibalise each other! We lose, they Win!

What @Obsequious said is so true,we need to look at such ignoble acts that accentuate our difference on a case by case basis.

@Thebachelor..thanks for sharing this and for mogidi...u need to grow up!

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order / Wedding Of Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson Akpan (Photos) / - Winner's Chapel Members Meet Here-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.