Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,145 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (852680 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by drfdee: 7:03pm On Oct 17, 2015
Good day.I are really courageous. Pls my question is how wre u able to get visa appointments date so close to each other?

[quote author=funkebold post=39073958][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mumkay: 7:05pm On Oct 17, 2015
[quote author=IjayMama post=39042276]Hmm @ GC. ..Dat's where I'm registered for prenatal oh. Cant wait to make my trip, i no wan hear story. Not surprised @ your experience MiddyO(sorry for your loss dear), intuitively I don't feel very confident in their Dr's esp their paediatricians. I will show this to hubby to kill his confidence in them so we can change hospitals.
Tho I'm preparing for my second missionary journey, abeg those who have used Methodist Sugarland & were able to pay less than $1500 for anesthesia..tell me how you did it pls. Had my first baby there last year & preparing for a return match @ same hospital cos I can't flaw their services but I can flaw their bills...Besides I called my Dr's(Dr Lee) office to make an appointment & was told his fee is no longer $1500 but $2500..any known cheaper Dr's associated with this hospital and Pd's? Got a bill of over $800 for the Pd's visit in the hospital for only 2 days...excluding visits after discharge from the hospital...can't do that again...Help pls. ..Trying to save some $$$[/quote

Datz d hospital I am using.Dr Amajoh charges 2240 n will take all ur lab investigations from naija,she is one u can always call on d phone whenever u experience any strange thing.Wonderful doc n so cheerful ever ready to explain stuffs to u.The anaesthesia is still 1,500 if u don't use it u get a refund.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nasadiva: 7:57pm On Oct 17, 2015
"Cat walking across with pouted mouth, one hand hanging half way up, shaking my sexy bum" hi peep! Modath dear I hail u too. My apologies to those I couldn't reply their pms. @Justwise please we need psychiatric nurse and doctor, nurse for those that gives dimple with dudu osun and palm oil while the doctor from Yaba left will be for those that could create hilarious description out of ftym "innocent " quenchion.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nasadiva: 8:07pm On Oct 17, 2015
@ MiddyO, Pele pele ooooh God will definitely replace your loss with loads of testimonies. @Funke i feel your pain.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by legendsmother(f): 8:20pm On Oct 17, 2015
Hi am new on this thread am presently TTCing but am really getting set for a delivery in the US. Pls from the last thread I read about centinental Hospital in Frisco texaas and the prices were very different from what an agent I contacted told me and that agent said Alabama Montgomery.

Pls as a newbie in all this between Dallas and Alabama which wud u recomend due to cost?

Never been to US before wud dat be an issue?

Accommodation the agent said was 1500 monthly transport inclusive at alabama is that a good price?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 8:56pm On Oct 17, 2015
legendsmother:
Hi am new on this thread am presently TTCing but am really getting set for a delivery in the US. Pls from the last thread I read about centinental Hospital in Frisco texaas and the prices were very different from what an agent I contacted told me and that agent said Alabama Montgomery.

Pls as a newbie in all this between Dallas and Alabama which wud u recomend due to cost?

Accommodation the agent said was 1500 monthly transport inclusive at alabama is that a good price?

Errr.... sorry darling, we don't use agents here, so we can't really say.
Be that as it may, May you conceive your fruits very soon IJN. Amen

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by olokings(m): 9:01pm On Oct 17, 2015
Just commit ursef into reading this forum. ..
Within a weeki promised u will drop that agent on ur own volition and do the needful for yourself by yourself.

Nothing beats decision taken by you and not for you.

Goodspeed on your endeavors

legendsmother:

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by newbie1234: 10:10pm On Oct 17, 2015
Hello everyone,

Bringing up my post again. Sorry for the epistle but need help identifying hospitals in Maryland that people here have used and their charges.

Thanks in advance.

newbie1234:
Hello everyone, I was here early 2014 and was able to get great info! I used MIHS then. Many thanks to everyone!

Anyways, I'm expecting no 2 (due 2016) and I think MIHS is no longer taking international patients? Even if they were taking, their prices went up last I heard. SO going there wont be cost effective cos we have family in Maryland so we had to shuttle to and fro Arizona (before and after the baby). We paid the $2,888 in advance then and only had to pay an additional $1,500 because of emergency C-section (we asked if we could take out our $250 refund before payment of additional $1,750 and they agreed).

Anyways, we are thinking of using Maryland this time. Does anyone have any info for affordable hospitals in Maryland? I have not been here in about 2 years so I would have missed if any helpful info had been put up before now.

Most likely will just go for a scheduled CS so I can properly plan my time during this trip. Last time baby was 41 weeks and I ended up giving birth via emergency CS, I'm not sure I want to wait again and get to 41 weeks undecided

Sorry for the long post, summary is I need help with prices for hospitals in Maryland, for a scheduled CS.

Thanks in advance! smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by legendsmother(f): 10:35pm On Oct 17, 2015
@nefertitiram thanks I know what u mean buh I donno any1 in d US, don't av any close friends who have delivered dere to put me through, no Family members who have either. Basically Zero idea aall I know is I wanna deliver in d US dats all nd I have been like I wanna use an agent not till I saw u people do it on your own dats y I came in and aske for help

@Olokings tanks it's just thaat it's very confusing I have read a lot on the other pagesfor a total JJC I donno how to even go about My Visa et all talkless of poe and d rest I just came in lost and looking for help tanks so much Godbless
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by drfdee: 12:27am On Oct 18, 2015
Try Prince George hospital in Maryland
newbie1234:
Hello everyone,

Bringing up my post again. Sorry for the epistle but need help identifying hospitals in Maryland that people here have used and their charges.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbaby84(f): 12:59am On Oct 18, 2015
newbie1234:
Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance.

https://www.nairaland.com/2176096/give-birth-usa-cost-procedures
Start from page 200 or so. There were plenty Maryland posts. Don't think anyone wants to start typing again.
Good luck.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shawlar(m): 3:28am On Oct 18, 2015
legendsmother:
@nefertitiram thanks I know what u mean buh I donno any1 in d US, don't av any close friends who have delivered dere to put me through, no Family members who have either. Basically Zero idea aall I know is I wanna deliver in d US dats all nd I have been like I wanna use an agent not till I saw u people do it on your own dats y I came in and aske for help

@Olokings tanks it's just thaat it's very confusing I have read a lot on the other pagesfor a total JJC I donno how to even go about My Visa et all talkless of poe and d rest I just came in lost and looking for help tanks so much Godbless

@legendsmother - Yes it might be confusing, seem difficult n all but I'm sure u know of the saying 'Nothing good comes easy'.. Just take it one step @ a time. Its a long tasking journey and you have to put in the effort. One thing I have come to learn about the peeps on this forum is that they reward effort.. When they see that u have put in the time to garner info/research by reading thru, you'll be amazed by the number of replies u'll get...

Forget about using any agent, for all you know that ur agent sef is getting info from this forum. This is the one-stop shop for all info & tips you'll need to birth in the us. Since u don't presently have a visa that should be your first goal... There are alot of visa interview experiences posted here, 4rm filling the application form to gathering relevant docs to the actual interview. U might not actually read everything on the forum (infact plenty skimming is required smiley) but read those that are relevant to u and apply them. You can start from somewhere in the middle of part2.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MiddyO(f): 3:54am On Oct 18, 2015
firsttymum:
i dont get what u mean by shipping to the US. I'm presently in the US, I ordered from their site, and shipping was free

I saw the German website first hence the question, but I later found the US website. Tx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LI(m): 5:55am On Oct 18, 2015
Lialian:

congratulations on your poe, pls which hospital did you use of ur poe correspondant? how much was on your budget sheet. ? Did u show a bank statement?

Thanks.
1. We are using Dr F and Oakbend Medical Center.
2. Budget sheet was 13 and 15k for Vag and CS respectively.
3. We had a bank statement ready but it wasn't requested

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LI(m): 5:56am On Oct 18, 2015
Thank you sir. I am happy to give back since I received a tremendous amount of learning myself from this thread

olokings:
Congrats muchos. ..

Personally I'd rank this session as one of the top 5 most educative POE experience on this thread so far. ....

This is just so cool

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LI(m): 6:05am On Oct 18, 2015
This is really hurtful and I love your courage. God keep you and your precious little baby. I may have seen you at the Abuja embassy on Oct 8 because apart from wifey, there was only one other visibly pregnant lady in the room.

So sorry about your experience
[quote author=funkebold post=39073958][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 7:08am On Oct 18, 2015
@legendsmother, since u are still ttcing and never gotten visa,go thru this thread as wella
https://www.nairaland.com/608780/usa-visit-visa/322#38856287
Happy reading! Start from like page 50
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nogen: 8:02am On Oct 18, 2015
Phema:

Nice one. This is worth considering even for people with US pali children.

The Redeemed Pastor in El Paso told me the same thing. He advised that at least $5,000 dollars should be set aside for each of my babies, then buy bonds for them with the money . When it is time for University education, one is relieved of huge financial stress for their education. It makes a lot of sense.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nogen: 8:14am On Oct 18, 2015
MiddyO, it's well with you dear. Congratulations to those who just delivered their LOs and those who have had successful POEs and Visa.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MumFiyin: 8:55am On Oct 18, 2015
Morning dear, how are the triplets doin? I hope you were able to sort yourself (as per the baby food).

Regards

Nogen:
MiddyO, it's well with you dear. Congratulations to those who just delivered their LOs and those who have successful POEs and Visa.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by legendsmother(f): 9:47am On Oct 18, 2015
@shawlar and @ladyguinivere thanks so much I appreciate I will read through and anywere I have aa question I will sure ask God Bless u all have a happy sundai
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nogen: 10:02am On Oct 18, 2015
MumFiyin:
Morning dear, how are the triplets doin? I hope you were able to sort yourself (as per the baby food).

Regards

Good morning my sister. They are good. Yes, God sent me some angels who helped me. The food is on its way to Naija. Will get them this week by the grace of God. God bless these angels for me. Thank you and God bless you too.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by anonymousmum: 11:03am On Oct 18, 2015
IjayMama:
Got a bill of over $800 for the Pd's visit in the hospital for only 2 days...excluding visits after discharge from the hospital...can't do that again...Help pls. ..Trying to save some $$$

I used Dr. Bing Sung for paed.. Total cost for in hospital baby visit and follow on visit at her office 2 weeks later was roughly $380. She is very good and thorough but somewhat abrupt, no niceties.

Just ask for her when u get to the hospital for delivery.

Hope I aint breaking any rules...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by MumFiyin: 11:47am On Oct 18, 2015
Cool, Ameen, anytime sis.

Nogen:

Good morning my sister. They are good. Yes, God sent me some angels who helped me. The food is on its way to Naija. Will get them this week by the grace of God. God bless these angels for me. Thank you and God bless you too.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by DFJ12: 11:59am On Oct 18, 2015
Pls oo,I knw its not part of this thread, but I need help.my baby has heat reaches on her face,I used AGNESIA powder for her,but I tink its too harsh on her face.shes just 10 weeks,pls any thing I can use pls?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 12:53pm On Oct 18, 2015
DFJ12:
Pls oo,I knw its not part of this thread, but I need help.my baby has heat reaches on her face,I used AGNESIA powder for her,but I tink its too harsh on her face.shes just 10 weeks,pls any thing I can use pls?

Are u rubbing oil on her head / hair? If yes, stop. That's the no 1 cause of face rashes in babies.

Also try baby tribotan that's my go to for rashes
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by DFJ12: 1:01pm On Oct 18, 2015
[quote author=favoredgal post=39102712]

Are u rubbing oil on her head / hair? If yes, stop. That's the no 1 cause if face rashes in babies.

Also try baby tribotan that's my go to for rashes[/quote

Yes dea,I normally use Boot Oil on her hair.]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 1:05pm On Oct 18, 2015
[quote author=DFJ12 post=39102936][/quote]

There you go!

Next time you can post your queries on this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/971395/new-born-babies-u-new/353#39088071
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Herladyship(f): 1:16pm On Oct 18, 2015
As much as you can as long as you declare
kiboe:

It's $10,000 OR IT'S EQUIVALENT and not 10,000 (£,$,€)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by DFJ12: 1:22pm On Oct 18, 2015
favoredgal:

There you go!

Next time you can post your queries on this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/971395/new-born-babies-u-new/353#39088071

Thank you so much.am grateful. Will go and get the baby tribotan.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Herladyship(f): 2:46pm On Oct 18, 2015
Wow this is my first comment here and am reporting live from Texas (first time traveller and mom)
All glory to God almighty for a very smooth and easy entry it was like I was travelling from Lag to Abj (very co operative baby in my womb as am 37weeks gone)
Travelled with hubby left naija 16th oct at 9:55pm landed atlanta g.. (didn't check my time cos of time dif) but the pilot Announced we ve to wait in the aircraft till the customs/immigration resumes cos we arrived early(5:30am),about 10mins later we were on queue,twas actually moving fast till I and hubby were directed to an ATM like machine lol for self biometrics, we scanned our passport,did our thumb print and took our passport photo ourselves and headed to the immigration officer without a computer who took our passport(visa) and asked why we are here and hubby replied vacation and childbirth. And said ok just make sure when coming come along with receipt of payments made cos we turn people back for this purpose and bane people from entering the US (I and hubby faked a surprise face like we don't know it's possible) and we replied ok thanks,he didn't ask for doc appt but how long do we intend to stay and hubby said till dec 30th And how much we ve and hubby told him 9k500 dat since we are not meant to exceed 10k and the guy replied u can carry as much as long as u declare.he stamped B2 on our visa (no limitation of stay) such a nice God sent man.we hurried to get through to be screened in other to catch the next flight to Houston Texas I wasn't hand searched wonder why cos the Lady in front of me was also preg and was searched. All in all thank God for safe trip my appointment is on Thursday @ Oakbend MC pls join me as I sing this song
The God who cre-a-ted the ancient hills
Unto him o lord I give all my praise
Who deserve all my praise
Than my heavenly father
Who on earth truely deserve all my praise
The God who cre-a-ted the ancient hills
Unto him o lord I give all my praise
The God of Dr Daniel Olukoya of MFM that has made it smooth for us will do the same for u just be positive.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by mulberry: 3:23pm On Oct 18, 2015
Herladyship:
Wow this is my first comment here and am reporting live from Texas

Dancing azonto with u from my bedroom! Thank God for smooth poe and safe journey

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.