Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 - Travel (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 (852977 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by thegreengooner(m): 11:22am On Nov 11, 2015
Kemo88:
Good morning everyone.
Please does anyone know anything about having a baby in Anchorage Alaska?
First time mum here.. Help!!!

Kai! You wan't your new born to be catching cold from birth? All I know is that Alaska is cold and has a lot of snow. grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Kemo88: 12:19pm On Nov 11, 2015
thegreengooner:

Kai! You wan't your new born to be catching cold from birth? All I know is that Alaska is cold and has a lot of snow. grin
Lol that's the only place I have someone to stay with o. Na so I see am. God dey! I go eventually find someone wey know about the place
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by twingirls: 12:53pm On Nov 11, 2015
MumTee:

lol waddling like a duck I can imagine, hope u are good.
@firstymum/Ozycy/Nasadiva/Dtush, please I need information as to the test our Doc E requires especially this Papsmear and Chlamydia, does she request for it or is it still going to be done under her Doctors fee package or Oakbend's hospital package? A beg help a sister trying to minimise cost as I'm due to leave for Houston in less than 2wks.

Also I rem someone mentioned their Doc didn't give them antibiotics for her CS, hope our Doc E does give d necessary drugs following a CS. I'm trying to mark my checklist which includes OTC drugs to pack along.

Has any mama/papa used West chase creek apartments in 77082 Houston; how secure is it, their amenities and general experience as an expectant/nursing mother.

Congrats on all d new visa approval, successful POE stories and wonderful births. You all have been a great source of rich, qualitative information second to none, may God bless us all., I shall be back very soon to share my sweet POE experience. Luv ya all!

See ya soon! Leaving right after you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 1:04pm On Nov 11, 2015
oyibo4real:

infact eh, i dey tell u! Funny enough, one preggy mum i met at d reception asked if i'm a nairalander n d almighty Firsttymum, n i was like; i'm also eager 2 meet her in person. We were discussing her @ d reception not knowin dat d woman dey battle wt somtin inside!
I thank God 4 her safe delivery.
kikikikikikikikiki

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by FFFB: 1:07pm On Nov 11, 2015
Hello ALL , pls can any one share details of a good doc and hospital in Dallas , probably frisco /piano dallas , thisis needed very urgently .

why has Houston POE immigration officers become very hostile ?

Expecting your response my pple

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 1:31pm On Nov 11, 2015
FFFB:
Hello ALL , pls can any one share details of a good doc and hospital in Dallas , probably frisco /piano dallas , thisis needed very urgently .

why has Houston POE immigration officers become very hostile ?

Expecting your response my pple

become hostile? if anything they have relaxed compared to when i had my first baby in 2014...i think iv read a couple of good stories recently.

I think people that get hassled these days are people that did not get a "medical visa" but if you are well prepared they will definitely let you go
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by firsttymum(f): 1:42pm On Nov 11, 2015
I dey hail o... Thanks for the prayers and congratulatory messages. kiss

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ansol: 2:29pm On Nov 11, 2015
firsttymum:
The Lord that does what no man can do.... How excellent is His name.

I'm a Mother... I give God the praise.

Congrats Firsttymum..... I guessed as much.

May the Lord bless the addition to your family.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Kemo88: 3:02pm On Nov 11, 2015
favoredgal:

become hostile? if anything they have relaxed compared to when i had my first baby in 2014...i think iv read a couple of good stories recently.

I think people that get hassled these days are people that did not get a "medical visa" but if you are well prepared they will definitely let you go
Is it a problem is you don't have medical visa? Please I want to know. Because I have had a visiting visa since last year and I just got pregnant and I intend to use it. Is medical visa a criteria
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 3:22pm On Nov 11, 2015
Kemo88:

Is it a problem is you don't have medical visa? Please I want to know. Because I have had a visiting visa since last year and I just got pregnant and I intend to use it. Is medical visa a criteria

Ha! thats not what i meant! get your burden of proof + cash ready even if they delay you they will definitely let you in
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Shawbabe: 3:22pm On Nov 11, 2015
How's everyone doing? Nerf and co? Una don born?
Bia Phema, Tvegas and co....we still haven't received our IV for babies parties next month. Seems like only yesterday we were all getting ready to post POE stories lol.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Kemo88: 3:26pm On Nov 11, 2015
favoredgal:

Ha! thats not what i meant! get your burden of proof + cash ready even if they delay you they will definitely let you in
Ok thanks. I'm just so agitated cos I'm a first time mum to be. Do I need to send a letter of intent to the embassy? I wasn't pregnant when I got my visa via Dropbox and I've had previous visas. Also please what's burden of proof. Please advice
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Tvegas(m): 3:40pm On Nov 11, 2015
Shawbabe:
Bia Phema, Tvegas and co....we still haven't received our IV for babies parties next month. Seems like only yesterday we were all getting ready to post POE stories lol.

@Shawbabe you go wait tire,its austerity mode at my end just like GMB na to share biscuit sure pass. I expect phema,anonymousmum,shagaman,isysleek and co to throw some bash sha,big ballers. grin grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ifizle: 3:50pm On Nov 11, 2015
Hello everyone am new in the house and am houston bound jan 1. Pls am using dr. Zi of oakbend. Any feedbacks pls. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by nefertitiram: 5:13pm On Nov 11, 2015
Shawbabe:

Shawbabe!!! Whr av u been We don born so tey my baby is pushing 3mths sef! Hawayu!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 11, 2015
Shawbabe:

Nne, just tune in to CNN tonight at 9pm. The venue, time, theme and every will be announced. Ashebi will be out next week.

Yea, that's how we roll. cool grin

Long time no yarn. How are you and yours?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 11, 2015
firsttymum:

Congratulations mama! Awesome experience huh? Welcome to the world little one. kiss

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by Shawbabe: 5:55pm On Nov 11, 2015
Phema:

Nne, just tune in to CNN tonight at 9pm. The venue, time, theme and every will be announced. Ashebi will be out next week.

Yea, that's how we roll. cool grin

Long time no yarn. How are you and yours?
Haaahaa this woman sef cheesy. I've been good oh. Breeze in once in a while to check for cheap hospitals for 2017 journey oh lol

@Nerf, 3 months ke? Oh wow. Congrats dear. Didn't know you don born oh.

@ Tvegas u are dulling fa. See how I was preparing for all the rice we will eat. It is well.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by DoVee(f): 6:12pm On Nov 11, 2015
@ozycy, my hubby went to airfrance lagos airport to purchase my baby ticket n they gave him a quote of N94k, tod him nt to buy oo, pls how do I go about it...thanks

quote author=ozycy post=39822534]
Go with your Fit to Fly letter from your doctor, dey may request for it and may still send you to port health. Yes the port health report will be gotten during checking in on the day of travel . My fit to fly from doc was asked after wch I was sent to port health. [/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by DoVee(f): 6:14pm On Nov 11, 2015
Big congrats to u n ur family

firsttymum:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by bbiz: 6:38pm On Nov 11, 2015
firsttymum:
The Lord that does what no man can do.... How excellent is His name.

I'm a Mother... I give God the praise.

Congratulations! May the good lord keep and protect you and the baby in Jesus name amen.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by happychild15: 6:53pm On Nov 11, 2015
Feedback or reviews?

ifizle:
Hello everyone am new in the house and am houston bound jan 1. Pls am using dr. Zi of oakbend. Any feedbacks pls. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by ifizle: 6:56pm On Nov 11, 2015
@happychild reviews pls. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by deeore: 7:41pm On Nov 11, 2015
Please guyz @Tobermom @ozycy and anybody wif answers...i want to find out something as regards the us passport,i planned to leave d state on d 30th of dec buh nau i have made up my mind to leave 1st week in dec...nau to my question...do i ve to change my flight first to meet the requirements of appearing in person 4 us passport or i should go ahead wif d date i have...pls i need ur ans urgently as i really want to get things done asap...pleaseeeeeeeeee.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by drfdee: 7:44pm On Nov 11, 2015
Am using him too.he is good and very affordable

quote author=ifizle post=39912979]Hello everyone am new in the house and am houston bound jan 1. Pls am using dr. Zi of oakbend. Any feedbacks pls. Thanks[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by oliviah10: 8:09pm On Nov 11, 2015
Hello all can someone please tell me what exactly has to be in the budget sheet? Plus another thing I filled the D160 form and the accomodation part I filled i would be staying at a place called Independence apartments in Texas, apparently after calculating the cost of accomodation it turned out too expensive. I would now like to stay at Intown suits and I have reservation, do you think the VO would think of this as an issue . Please I need advise. Thanks all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shawlar(m): 8:35pm On Nov 11, 2015
oliviah10:
Hello all can someone please tell me what exactly has to be in the budget sheet? Plus another thing I filled the D160 form and the accomodation part I filled i would be staying at a place called Independence apartments in Texas, apparently after calculating the cost of accomodation it turned out too expensive. I would now like to stay at Intown suits and I have reservation, do you think the VO would think of this as an issue . Please I need advise. Thanks all.

Budget sheet: https://www.nairaland.com/617280/give-birth-usa-cost-procedure/105#25802670

Your change of accommodation should not be an issue, just explain to the VO if it comes up. Best of luck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by shawlar(m): 8:41pm On Nov 11, 2015
deeore:
Please guyz @Tobermom @ozycy and anybody wif answers...i want to find out something as regards the us passport,i planned to leave d state on d 30th of dec buh nau i have made up my mind to leave 1st week in dec...nau to my question...do i ve to change my flight first to meet the requirements of appearing in person 4 us passport or i should go ahead wif d date i have...pls i need ur ans urgently as i really want to get things done asap...pleaseeeeeeeeee.

Some peeps here have said your travel date has to be within 2weeks in order to qualify for expedited processing (mine was so) but some others have done it without meeting that requirement... So I guess the choice is yours

Modified: I just realized that ur initial date is 6 weeks away..? In that case, I think you had better change the flight first and apply with the new date in order to avoid unnecessary talk-talk.... cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by favoredgal: 8:46pm On Nov 11, 2015
deeore:
You can make a fresh booking and take that booking

That's what I did it's not like anyone called the airline to verify

Hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LI(m): 8:50pm On Nov 11, 2015
Hi All,

Is there a separate group of agents who only help to procure ETC from the US Embassy? cos I have contacted the two popular agents and they both say they don't offer that service. I know Nefertitiram highlighted the steps recently.

If anyone knows an agent who can help with the ETC thing, kindly share her/his contact.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 by LI(m): 8:52pm On Nov 11, 2015
firsttymum:

Congrats on having your baby. Wish your family the best in this new chapter of your lives

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.