Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,679 members, 7,851,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:11 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1545937 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by opomulero(m): 4:56pm On May 13, 2016
Thank you, so in summary your point of entry should be where you stated in the form and during interview?

opomulero:
Thank you, so in summary your point of entry should be where you stated in the form and during interview?

You can, but if the Customs border protection officer does not like your story or is unhappy then you are back home on the next plane!
You need to explain why the change. (Be honest, they are trained to spot lies.)
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by opomulero(m): 4:57pm On May 13, 2016

worry359:

You can, but if the Customs border protection officer does not like your story or is unhappy then you are back home on the next plane!
You need to explain why the change. (Be honest, they are trained to spot lies.)
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by opomulero(m): 5:01pm On May 13, 2016
Hello House,
Please what and what do they really assess when they are talking about strong ties.

Thank you for answering.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 5:07pm On May 13, 2016
opomulero:

No sir. That was not what he said. Please re read the 4 sentences again
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by opomulero(m): 5:12pm On May 13, 2016
Oh... thanks

Please what and what do they really assess when they are talking about strong ties.

Thank you for answering.

LadyGuinivere:

No sir. That was not what he said. Please re read the 4 sentences again
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:33pm On May 13, 2016
opomulero:
Oh... thanks

Thank you for answering.

U can run thru my posts. I have given mu understanding of what amounts to ties. Many times.
U can also check the vo's thread. Happy reading!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ZumaKhaleesi: 8:22pm On May 13, 2016
Well.. Sup Guys... I followed this thread a bit and also followed the main V.O is listening thread where i got a lotta tips.

I was Highly favored this morning and ma US Visa got approved for the very first time even as all odds seemed not to be in ma favor.>>
For what its worth... am a single guy... 29yrs.... am an IT dude and i work in a multinational which i believe was ma strongest point to being given the B1/B2 visa today....

I was just asked three questions while i stood and ma heart just kept pounded diff beats ahahahaa... and also note that i dont av a travel history as the only time i disvirgined my visa was on a road trip to Ghana.... so it wasnt even a flight lol...\\

The excerpt is thus.

Me: Hello Good Morning.
VO: Hello
Me (still being in the courtesy mood) : how has the day been, hope not so stressful.
VO: Well, you know.. its been a so-so day.. thanks for asking. how has yours been?
Me: Its been OK.
VO: what are you going to do in USA
Me(being confident & honest): am going to see my Uncle
VO: where does he stay
Me: i told him.......
V.O: what do you do.
Me: am an IT analyst.... bla bla bla

... then the long wait ......... he typed for almst one minute and during that time... ma heart pounded almost out loud ahahahaa....

Vo: well .. ok.. your visa has been approved .... wait three days .. bla bla bla... circled the DHL centre in V.I and that was all....

>>>> i get am kinda a lil favored cos .. it was ma first applicatn n all....

But things i picked before the day and at d venue dis morning befre i was interviewed was :
1. Naija guys n ladies take this visa tin like a life \ death matter.. shouldnt be ... because the desperation shows on ur face n body even if u try to hide it... this VO guys are really highly trained and dnt need to look at ur documents just like mine wasnt looked at.
2. be confident and honest.. confidence is everything.... even if u lying there is a way confidence will drown it all.
3. Be prepared to answer anything and anyquestion with stuttering... i had like a mock interview with ma boss yesterday cos he had been interviewed and granted before .. and he pointed out some words and some punctuations i shouldnt make.
4. Dont beat around the bush.. talk and answer only what is asked of u... the VO's perception is that .. u are trying to con him if u saying something unrelated to what he asked.
5. A dude i overheard was sounding too cocky and making reference to the fact that he didnt know why he was denied the first time and kinda make an unpleasant remark of the last VO that interviewed him.. ERROR.. sure he was given the blue denial paper again.

Last and not least.. frm mistakes i av read people ask alot.. when u are denied .. dont be in a hurry to reapply cos .. the VOs also live in this country one way or the other so they see the time gap between ur last application and the most recent.... if i was to advice anyone.. if u are denied.... please give the embassy at least 8-months before another reapplication..

Yes... 8 is alot yes... but it pays to wait for 8 months to a year and stand a better chance with new proofs of a change in situation than apply in a short 3months or less and face being rejected before saying anything.... Yes its possible to be rejected befre the interview starts... i saw one lady today.... immediately she mentioned the answer to the first question asked .. the VO stopped her and said ... Sorry.... we cannot grant u a visa this time around...

Save your face and ur family's name.... dnt be blacklisted without ur own knowledge ....

........... thanks guys for the time out...

All the best... I wish u all more successes in your diff levels of B1/B2/F1/4/H1 and all others lol....

AmERIcA here we comeeeeeeeeeeeeee

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by wonyi: 9:57pm On May 13, 2016
cindynwagbo:
Woah congratulations pls was it in lagos?

I sent u a pm
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 1:14am On May 14, 2016
Congrats Zumak (abeg ur name too long cheesy)
The part I gbadu for your advice na the wait before reapplying.
I always shake my head when I see ' I applied in dec 2015 and reapplied Feb 2016. I didn't mention my shoe maker business so let me add it now'
The VOs see such people as desperate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by overlord77: 5:23am On May 14, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Congrats Zumak (abeg ur name too long cheesy)
The part I gbadu for your advice na the wait before reapplying.
I always shake my head when I see ' I applied in dec 2015 and reapplied Feb 2016. I didn't mention my shoe maker business so let me add it now'
The VOs see such people as desperate

Thank you very much. Remember I mentioned this desperation some people display, some pages back; when some dude was denied and he was trying to reapply a week after, all in the name of vacation.

Like zumakhaleesi rightly observed, VOs are trained to spot lies and most desperate applicants usually have somethings to hide.
It's no do or die people, let's just take it one at a time and get it right the first time. A denial also doesn't mean you are a bad person, could be something you missed out. Give it a little time, visit some place else and try again.
@LadyG, @Chloe, @justwise, @100$bill, eku ise o, been a while.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:08am On May 14, 2016
overlord77:

Thank you very much. Remember I mentioned this desperation some people display, some pages back; when some dude was denied and he was trying to reapply a week after, all in the name of vacation.

Like zumakhaleesi rightly observed, VOs are trained to spot lies and most desperate applicants usually have somethings to hide.
It's no do or die people, let's just take it one at a time and get it right the first time. A denial also doesn't mean you are a bad person, could be something you missed out. Give it a little time, visit some place else and try again.
Wre have u been hiding? Na fuel price dem increase o not BIS price tongue
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kennycanny: 10:23am On May 14, 2016
Hello all, my visa and 2 other family members(all adults) were approved yesterday. I couldn't even listen effectively to instructions on how to collect our passports back.

I was only given a generic white paper. No personal information of us was on it. I was thinking an additional card with our details was supposed to be attached to d white paper.

Is the single white paper enough to claim our passports? because I ll not like to travel twice to VI.
I ll appreacaite any information as regards avoiding going there more than once.
Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by opomulero(m): 1:14pm On May 14, 2016
Good afternoon house,

Please what should I use and how should I gum my expired passport and the new one together, I have the evidences of my travel history on the expired passports, please put me through.

Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by worry359(m): 1:22pm On May 14, 2016
opomulero:
Good afternoon house,

Please what should I use and how should I gum my expired passport and the new one together, I have the evidences of my travel history on the expired passports, please put me through.

Thank you

DO NOT gum, or staple, or nail your passports together. angry angry angry

Use an elastic / rubber band only.
Unless you want to be paying for a replacement.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by opomulero(m): 1:47pm On May 14, 2016
Ok, thanks, it's just cos I see people attach theirs, I want to follow suit so as to avoid mis-placement.

worry359:

DO NOT gum, or staple, or nail your passports together. angry angry angry

Use an elastic / rubber band only.
Unless you want to be paying for a replacement.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 2:55pm On May 14, 2016
opomulero:
Good afternoon house,

Thank you
Use rubber band and you're good to go.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by overlord77: 4:37pm On May 14, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Wre have u been hiding? Na fuel price dem increase o not BIS price tongue

Hahahahaha, no mind me o.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 14, 2016
overlord77:

I think waiting for a while before reapplying is good, it allows the v.o see that there is actually a change in circumstances if truly there has been one, vacation doesn't need immediate re application to me, I feel it's only students who are actually willing to study in America and people going on medical grounds that should actually reapply withing a few months because that one might be a do or die affair.

Well well, on a lighter note Overlord77 you sef run away since, me i've been a silent reader o, Lol. LadyGuinivere is here so she can sort it all out tongue wink cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by opomulero(m): 7:31pm On May 14, 2016
Please house can someone go to the dhl office to collect his visa like 2 weeks after instead of the initial 3 days stated?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bykomartin: 9:35pm On May 14, 2016
Pls I need u guys help. I work in An ICT company. They pay like 100,000. The job has no security as one could be sacked anytime. No growth from year to year. No new experience or training.

My aunt in the USA wants me to visit and she has plans of me staying permanently wen I com
I will definitely need to resign if I get my visa.
What are the chances I could settle in the USA with a visitor visa?
Must it be marriage or can I apply for masters there and start schooling to extend my stay.

Pls I need your advice...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:45pm On May 14, 2016
bykomartin:
Pls I need u guys help. I work in An ICT company. They pay like 100,000. The job has no security as one could be sacked anytime. No growth from year to year. No new experience or training.

My aunt in the USA wants me to visit and she has plans of me staying permanently wen I com
Must it be marriage or can I apply for masters there and start schooling to extend my stay.

I'm not sure we are good enough to answer you on this forum and also can you try the NIV forum on Nairaland?
The consular officer can help I'm 100% sure of that.. Provide them with your data page and all the necessary info.
Peace

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 10:59pm On May 14, 2016
ZumaKhaleesi:
Well.. Sup Guys... I followed this thread a bit and also followed the main V.O is listening thread where i got a lotta tips.

I was Highly favored this morning and ma US Visa got approved for the very first time even as all odds seemed not to be in ma favor.>>
For what its worth... am a single guy... 29yrs.... am an IT dude and i work in a multinational which i believe was ma strongest point to being given the B1/B2 visa today....

I was just asked three questions while i stood and ma heart just kept pounded diff beats ahahahaa... and also note that i dont av a travel history as the only time i disvirgined my visa was on a road trip to Ghana.... so it wasnt even a flight lol...\\

The excerpt is thus.

Me: Hello Good Morning.
VO: Hello
Me (still being in the courtesy mood) : how has the day been, hope not so stressful.
VO: Well, you know.. its been a so-so day.. thanks for asking. how has yours been?
Me: Its been OK.
VO: what are you going to do in USA
Me(being confident & honest): am going to see my Uncle

VO: where does he stay
Me: i told him.......
V.O: what do you do.
Me: am an IT analyst.... bla bla bla

... then the long wait ......... he typed for [b][/b]

AmERIcA here we comeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Ice breakers... breaking ice since 1900.. you did a good job by starting the conversation with an icebreaker and owning the interview. Says a lot about ur confidence level

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by opomulero(m): 12:44am On May 15, 2016
House please can I get a response on this?

opomulero:
Please house can someone go to the dhl office to collect his visa like 2 weeks after instead of the initial 3 days stated?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 12:47pm On May 15, 2016
opomulero:

House please can I get a response on this?

check the instructions on the collection paper you were given na, everything you are asking will be clearly stated there
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bykomartin: 1:59pm On May 15, 2016
seyewest:
I'm not sure we are good enough to answer you on this forum and also can you try the NIV forum on Nairaland?
The consular officer can help I'm 100% sure of that.. Provide them with your data page and all the necessary info.
Peace

Thanks I will try that
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by overlord77: 2:25am On May 16, 2016
nefertitiram:

Ice breakers... breaking ice since 1900.. you did a good job by starting the conversation with an icebreaker and owning the interview. Says a lot about ur confidence level

Bro, let's not mistake his fortune to ice breaking o before everyone else with future interview starts doing it.
My take is, answer all questions as honestly as possible and don't start thinking you can warm your way into the heart of a VO, doesn't always work like that. Just my opinion

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:45am On May 16, 2016
chloe7:
I think waiting for a while before reapplying is good, it allows the v.o see that there is actually a change in circumstances if truly there has been one, vacation doesn't need immediate re application to me, I feel it's only students who are actually willing to study in America and people going on medical grounds that should actually reapply withing a few months because that one might be a do or die affair.

Well well, on a lighter note Overlord77 you sef run away since, me i've been a silent reader o, Lol. LadyGuinivere is here so she can sort it all out tongue wink cheesy

On that note, if you are a student reapplying and have been refused multiple times, perhaps it is time to seek another way of studying. It seems a bit odd to a VO when you have been applying to the same program for 4 years and your life hasn't moved on...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:48am On May 16, 2016
bykomartin:

Settling in the U.S. on a tourist visa is called 'illegal immigration.' It is both frowned upon, and illegal. It will prevent you from getting a decent job because you won't have papers. If you are ever caught you will be deported back to Nigeria. If you get there and then attempt to adjust status your application will be scrutinized and -quite often- rejected.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by overlord77: 6:50am On May 16, 2016
LagosNIV:

On that note, if you are a student reapplying and have been refused multiple times, perhaps it is time to seek another way of studying. It seems a bit odd to a VO when you have been applying to the same program for 4 years and your life hasn't moved on...

I totally agree
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 6:55am On May 16, 2016
LagosNIV:

well 4 years is too long to keep reapplying to the same programme, I meant immediate re application if a student has been denied or one seeking medical attention, obviously if one doesn't get the visa after immediate reapplication I believe if the person really wants to study outside Nigeria then he can opt for another country may the UK or Netherlands and not continue to reapply for 4 years that is enough to complete a B.sc
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:00am On May 16, 2016
LagosNIV:

Settling in the U.S. on a tourist visa is called 'illegal immigration.' It is both frowned upon, and illegal. It will prevent you from getting a decent job because you won't have papers. If you are ever caught you will be deported back to Nigeria. If you get there and then attempt to adjust status your application will be scrutinized and -quite often- rejected.
loads of Nigeria always take advantage of the situation which is really bad and eventually settle on a tourist visa and adjust their status later on after getting married to a citizen or whatever. Everyday we preach on this thread don't be an illegal immigrant as we only dish out proper advice but people still come out on this thread to ask for advice on how to migrate on a tourist visa, I tire undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ZumaKhaleesi: 8:22am On May 16, 2016
overlord77:

Really.. I troway salute for those V.Os.. there was a particular VO who was extremely friendly and I noticed.. he kept on long playful convos with who ever he interviews... but.. that particular morning... he was the one .. that denied people mostly.. hahahhaaa...
all means he knows what he was doing regardless... lol

u cant be entrusted by the US govt to do a job .. if u aint the best at it

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.