Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,404 members, 7,812,186 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1532348 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by omidan21: 11:51am On Dec 15, 2015
chai , see why Nigeria as a country will never move forward with soo soo much emphasis on religion. who is holier than Thou, every one wanna prove holier than Thou.

See why the developed nations are far far ahead, who fucking cares about what a pastor shld do and what not.

Abeg make una move thread forward biko, share ideas about the real intent of this forum. Abeg make una pack unasef go Religion section if na Religion debate una go dey hold here .

One House , Peace..

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by vitus101: 12:18pm On Dec 15, 2015
Enough of this religious brouhaha.. Abeg a friend of mine met a woman online and she wants to invite him over to the States just for them to meet. The woman is married and has a happy family. My friend's got a good job here and he's single( engaged tho). Now he wants to know the red lights and his chance(s) of obtaining the visa. He'll be married in March. Lady G this is a good distraction from the argument. Oya make una answer.
Season's greetings
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 12:52pm On Dec 15, 2015
vitus101:
Enough of this religious brouhaha.. Abeg a friend of mine met a woman online and she wants to invite him over to the States just for them to meet. The woman is married and has a happy family. My friend's got a good job here and he's single( engaged tho). Now he wants to know the red lights and his chance(s) of obtaining the visa. He'll be married in March. Lady G this is a good distraction from the argument. Oya make una answer.
Season's greetings
Nwanne mbok I no de fit yarn em chances as na vo sabi when e don weigh all join.
IMO sha if I were a vo and the only reason one wants to travel is to meet an online friend...e go hard me to give am. If he's truly getting married in march, his dear friend can invite both of them for a what will I call it now? Family friend visit.then they jzoin honemoon to am. My opinion only as always
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:53pm On Dec 15, 2015
Any transcript? We need to get back on track.
One love.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by october01: 1:12pm On Dec 15, 2015
Collected my Visa this mrn at DHL Abuja for self, wifey and 2 kids.

Visa Interview was on Thursday at the Abuja Embassy. The Transcript was as follows:

Vo: Mrn
Me and Wifey: Mrn
Vo: Where are u going in the US?
Me: Houston Texas
Vo: how much is ur montly income
Me: xxxxxx Naira

To wifey
Vo.maam what do u do?
Wifey: i do business and sell so so and so
Vo: what is the address of your shop or store?
Wifey? so so and so
Vo: maam are u pregnant?
Wifey: not at all

Vo: have you travelled as a family before?
Me: Yes we have been to u the Uk
Vo: ur visa is approved,collect in 2 working days and handed over a white paper.

Those consular officers refused plenty pple dat day. the basic thing is confidence and be truthful above all prayers cos victory is from God alone.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by omidan21: 2:04pm On Dec 15, 2015
Make una answer me naah as regards honey moon visa approval chances.

Do you think Visa offficer will be apprehensive as to why honey moon in America, my hubby said Dubai and all just too a common place for honeymoon.

Hence , reason for choosing America.

Both our passports are virgin passport and we dont ve more than 10 working days leave.

Will appreciate your candid advice,
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 2:17pm On Dec 15, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Thank u and God bless. Anyi enwero nsogbu ma ncha ma ncha. After differences, people must make up and move on

I love this part
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 2:18pm On Dec 15, 2015
olaking1:
@Lady G, You miscontrued me. Sorry for the disagreement we had. Don't be offended. Let it go! Let's move back to the real topic and put this aside.

Ndo, daalu maka nghọta gi.

Respect!

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by larryblank: 3:12pm On Dec 15, 2015
kellykings84:
Have always been a silent reader of dis space and it has helped me so much to broaden my knowledge about visa applications. Thanks all.
Had my US interview last month in abuja, 1:30pm nd it went thus
Vo: y re u going to d US
FrontPageLawyer post=41026801:

Respect!
FrontPageLawyer:

Respect!
FrontPageLawyer:

Respect!
FrontPageLawyer:

Respect!
FrontPageLawyer:

Respect!
FrontPageLawyer:

Respect!
FrontPageLawyer:

Respect!
Me: to visit my sister nd d kids
Vo: wat do u do
Me: I work in Bleep coy as Bleep
Vo: wat was d last idea u brot to d coy
Me: answered explaining d last business plan
Vo: how much do u earn
Me: Bleep naira after tax
Vo: wen last did u see ur sister
Me : 2008
Vo: how did she get to d US
Me: fiancée visa
Vo: how long have u been wit ur coy
Me: 2yrs
Vo: re u married
Me: no
Flips thru passport as if confirming stamps as I ve visited south africa
Vo: pushes me d white slip nd say, instructions re dere for u to pick up ur visa
Me: thank u grin

can you please unbleep your designation for others to know what to expect base on there designation
FrontPageLawyer:

Respect!

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Dyke004(m): 3:22pm On Dec 15, 2015
AZUH:
@ DykeOO4 which village are you from?

A very close village to yours.
Will that help you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:44pm On Dec 15, 2015
Dyke004:

A very close village to yours.
Will that help you.
Lol. Young man shoot us an email or BBM? Ow is yankee?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:45pm On Dec 15, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:

I love this part
And I love u cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Ows the UK thread?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 3:48pm On Dec 15, 2015
Make me ask ma own queshion. With the new clamp down in mallams changing dollars from Jan 1 which is better for me now? To change now or wait till just before my trip Jan ending cos d 260 naira now is a horror movie
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 5:06pm On Dec 15, 2015
LadyGuinivere:
Make me ask ma own queshion. With the new clamp down in mallams changing dollars from Jan 1 which is better for me now? To change now or wait till just before my trip Jan ending cos d 260 naira now is a horror movie
Get your $ now and save yourself the stress.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 6:42pm On Dec 15, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

And I love u cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Ows the UK thread?

The ministry has taken many who adhered to instructions to the UK.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Vanillasky: 7:09pm On Dec 15, 2015
Hi all, pls I have a few questions. My family and I want to renew our U.S. Visas which will expire in January next year. We visited once for about 3 weeks last year. We recently obtained Canadian PR visas but won't be moving until spring. I am assuming we are still eligible for the Dropbox cos I noticed a condition that states applicants using Dropbox must be resident in Nigeria. Hope my assumption is correct? We are currently filling our forms and there is a question asking if we have made specific travel plans. Is it ok to say no? We have booked a hotel but do we also need to give details of tourist attractions we plan on visiting? Thanks in advance.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 15, 2015
Egos everywhere..... One thing in life that has lots of respect and dignity is HUMILITY.... We should all learn to have and display it..... No one is an island of knowledge..... Saying sorry and burying grudges doesn't display weakness but it shows how strong intellectually you are...... What is the Genesis and revelation of the arguments?... Nothing tangible or cogent!!!! .
Just pride giving replies...
We all should please be humane and humble when answering questions..... We don't need to be rude and arrogant all in the name of being blunt.
So many harsh replies were on the the part one of this threads also.
Even if we try to correct those who asked questions on presentation of falsehood during application, we should do that constructively.
Life is easy yet difficult, it depends on you.

My first time of posting here though... I only read.

14 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:18pm On Dec 15, 2015
Vanillasky:
Hi all, pls I have a few questions. My family and I want to renew our U.S. Visas which will expire in January next year. We visited once for about 3 weeks last year. We recently obtained Canadian PR visas but won't be moving until spring. I am assuming we are still eligible for the Dropbox cos I noticed a condition that states applicants using Dropbox must be resident in Nigeria. Hope my assumption is correct? We are currently filling our forms and there is a question asking if we have made specific travel plans. Is it ok to say no? We have booked a hotel but do we also need to give details of tourist attractions we plan on visiting? Thanks in advance.

Before I answer but why u de bother with the renewal na? With ur Canada PR u get 10 years US visa. U wan go dash them money ?
Its ok not to have specific travel plans. One must not state all /any of your plans.
You are presently in Nigeria till now? Yes u may renew via drop box until u leave
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Vanillasky: 7:28pm On Dec 15, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Before I answer but why u de bother with the renewal na? With ur Canada PR u get 10 years US visa. U wan go dash them money ?
Its ok not to have specific travel plans. One must not state all /any of your plans.
You are presently in Nigeria till now? Yes u may renew via drop box until u leave

Thanks for the response, I'm not aware of the 10 years U.S. visa with the PR o, that will be great. Will check mr Google.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ifegy: 8:36pm On Dec 15, 2015
Vanillasky:

Why not just apply when you move to Canada? Much easier.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by overlord77: 5:28am On Dec 16, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

If you mean buying, why patronize mallams when you can easily walk into any bank and buy PTA at CBN rate plus some little charges
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:36am On Dec 16, 2015
overlord77:

If you mean buying, why patronize mallams when you can easily walk into any bank and buy PTA at CBN rate plus some little charges
Bros the last time I attempted buying from FCMB, by the time they added all their little charges, it was the same thing with aboki.
But it seems stanbic is the best thing now. Will look for them and open an acct
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by overlord77: 7:00am On Dec 16, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Bros the last time I attempted buying from FCMB, by the time they added all their little charges, it was the same thing with aboki.
But it seems stanbic is the best thing now. Will look for them and open an acct

Fidelity Bank has a good rate too.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by iblaw: 10:06am On Dec 16, 2015
overlord77:

Fidelity Bank has a good rate too.

Those anyone know how much the banks are selling USD now because they normally sell a bit above CBN rate and then charge 1%
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Aibisoye0: 1:02pm On Dec 16, 2015
Just got back from the embassy...Visa Approved.

Interview:
VO: Good morning sir
Me: Good morning

VO: How are you?
Me: Fine & you?

VO: Fine. Lets get on with your fingerprints: Place your right hand here. Thank you. Why are you visiting the US?
Me: Tourism/Visit/Sightsee

VO: You going to New york?
Me: Yes

VO: Why New York?
Me: Just want to visit the City, I've been to London, Manchester, Dubai.

VO: Ok, Youv'e also been to Ghana, as I can see on your passport.
Me: Yes last year also.

VO: Do you have any family in the US or Friends?
Me: Mba..No... For where

VO: I can see you went to the Uk this year, Did you do alone or accompanied?
Me: Yes, i went alone I have family there.

VO: Are u Single?
Me: (You no see am for my form) Yes I am.

VO: Where do you work?
Me: Multinational company named grin grin

VO: As?
Me: My position

VO: What do you do basically?
ME: I do this and that

VO: And you earn?
Me: 227k after tax

VO: Ok, So what will you be doing in New york?
Me: Sightsee, Visit Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Just to feel the sights & sound of Newyork basically.

VO: How many days?
Me: 5 days jare...

VO: Where will you be staying as you atated you dont have friends and family?
Me: Hotel Pod 51.

VO: do you have an idea how much it costs for a night?
Me: $70/night

VO: Okay, Visa approved, Please have this white paper to pick yur visa in 3 days
Me: Thanks .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Teeboy22(m): 1:23pm On Dec 16, 2015
@Aibisoye0
congrats bro! cool
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 16, 2015
Aibisoye0:
Just got back from the embassy...Visa Approved.

Interview:
VO: Good morning sir
Me: Good morning

VO: How are you?
Me: Fine & you?

VO: Fine. Lets get on with your fingerprints: Place your right hand here. Thank you. Why are you visiting the US?
Me: Tourism/Visit/Sightsee

VO: You going to New york?
Me: Yes

VO: Why New York?
Me: Just want to visit the City, I've been to London, Manchester, Dubai.

VO: Ok, Youv'e also been to Ghana, as I can see on your passport.
Me: Yes last year also.

VO: Do you have any family in the US or Friends?
Me: Mba..No... For where

VO: I can see you went to the Uk this year, Did you do alone or accompanied?
Me: Yes, i went alone I have family there.

VO: Are u Single?
Me: (You no see am for my form) Yes I am.

VO: Where do you work?
Me: Multinational company named grin grin

VO: As?
Me: My position

VO: What do you do basically?
ME: I do this and that

VO: And you earn?
Me: 227k after tax

VO: Ok, So what will you be doing in New york?
Me: Sightsee, Visit Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Just to feel the sights & sound of Newyork basically.

VO: How many days?
Me: 5 days jare...

VO: Where will you be staying as you atated you dont have friends and family?
Me: Hotel Pod 51.

VO: do you have an idea how much it costs for a night?
Me: $70/night

VO: Okay, Visa approved, Please have this white paper to pick yur visa in 3 days
Me: Thanks .

Congratulations!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Aibisoye0: 1:44pm On Dec 16, 2015
Thanks
olaking1:

Congratulations!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by asiwaju325: 10:06pm On Dec 16, 2015
House,am having an interview next week. On assignment from my employer,sending me for a business deal part. The U.S company has sent invitation letter to my coy bear my info both personal and on Intrnal passprt data. My question is what is needed as docs from here to back my application.? Coy sponsor.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 7:28am On Dec 17, 2015
asiwaju325:
House,am having an interview next week. On assignment from my employer,sending me for a business deal part. The U.S company has sent invitation letter to my coy bear my info both personal and on Intrnal passprt data. My question is what is needed as docs from here to back my application.? Coy sponsor.
Apart from the usual employment letter, a letter introducing u, your functions in the company and why na u de go the assignment.
They can also throw in a glowing recommendation about ur xter.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by afolabibalogun: 8:13am On Dec 17, 2015
My wife and kids went through JFK poe via Qatar airways, and the CBP was very soft with them..... They were stamped in for 6 months with no issue at the POE
However, she had issues with the immigration at DOHA claiming her passport didn't resemble her...... Very funny, but they sorted it
They are now sleeping sleeping sleeping, after about 15 hours in the air from Doha to NY
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by iblaw: 1:13pm On Dec 17, 2015
afolabibalogun:
My wife and kids went through JFK poe via Qatar airways, and the CBP was very soft with them..... They were stamped in for 6 months with no issue at the POE
However, she had issues with the immigration at DOHA claiming her passport didn't resemble her...... Very funny, but they sorted it
They are now sleeping sleeping sleeping, after about 15 hours in the air from Doha to NY

15 hours in the air!!!

6 hours seem so long for me not to talk of 15 hours, na to take sleeping tablets before boarding grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.