Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,043 members, 7,810,858 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (391) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1531781 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by aariwa(m): 11:18am On May 11, 2017
nefertitiram:

You don't need bank statement for tourist visa.

I still think you should change to yourself as sponsor, merge both your biz and salary when putting your monthly income, i'm sure it will be something substantial. You will have less questions to answer. They will ask a lot of questions around your job and business. This is where you can impress the VO. Just sound intelligent, and don't be nervous.

If your purpose of trip is to visit JW HQ, and tour things relating to JW, it's almost like a pilgrimage if you ask me. You need to have a lot of info to show how grounded you are as a Jehovah's Witness. It is better than saying you are going to visit a random family you haven't met. Please mention they are your HOST FAMILY and they will be glad to receive you. That doesn't mean that they are sponsors. People sponsor their trips and have host families. If they ask you how you are related to them, mention that they are your friends and fellow JW members. You were referred to them by your congregation due to your interest in visiting the HQ. They will also be of immense assistance during the visits.

My brothers are JW, that's why I'm even interested in your case).

Seyewest, LadyG, Justwise, what do you think?

Please you are advising him wrongly to lie to consular officials which may likely make him to fail the interview. He has a very good purpose for traveling without any need for lying.A white man sponsoring you to come and stay for so so number of days or weeks means you can never stay beyond that point.What consular officers are after is his ties to Nigeria and possibility of coming back.They are always wary about people with no ties here visiting their relations there cos many a time such relations are the ones that advice them to stay back.His only worry now should be on how to convince consular officers that he actually works in the said company,earns 155k,earns extra income from his private business and also prove that his relationship and contact with the man abroad is genuine. The man sponsoring his trip is more of a big advantage than disadvantage

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 11:28am On May 11, 2017
aariwa:
Please you are advising him wrongly to lie to consular officials which may likely make him to fail the interview. He has a very good purpose for traveling without any need for lying.A white man sponsoring you to come and stay for so so number of days or weeks means you can never stay beyond that point.What consular officers are after is his ties to Nigeria and possibility of coming back.They are always wary about people with no ties here visiting their relations there cos many a time such relations are the ones that advice them to stay back.His only worry now should be on how to convince consular officers that he actually works in the said company,earns 155k,earns extra income from his private business and also prove that his relationship and contact with the man abroad is genuine. The man sponsoring his trip is more of a big advantage than disadvantage

Well,

Nothing is cast in stone though. I did not advise him to lie. He should apply wisdom.

I only aired my opinion
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:16pm On May 11, 2017
def111:
special announcement, please am available for anyone who need someone to join him/her on vacation to any part of the world... I go carry your bag for my head, as long the trip is on you. am serious. no joke.

Seyewest, LadyG and more guru in the house check my signature for real
will you like to visit Iraq and Syria? grin grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 1:29pm On May 11, 2017
aariwa:

I don't think she's advising him to lie... He was presented with a some option and because he opened up about what is going with his situation maybe that was why we are trying to help him but I will advise him to cool down because the embassy will be waiting for him and he will probably be denied just because of the money sent through western union.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ibrocoast: 3:15pm On May 11, 2017
Pls help ooo... Seyewest, neferith, omobendel, lady G. et al.... I av filled and submitted ma Ds160 form (no mistake on that) and i noticed that while booking appointment i made a mistake on ma name instead of ibrahim, i mistakenly inputs ibarahim... Hope i wont be turn back on ma interview date.. Pls advise me on the step to take. Ma interview is nxt week
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ibrocoast: 3:53pm On May 11, 2017
Pls help me. The name on my appointment does not correspond with the name on my ds160. I think the mistake was on my appointment letter. Instead of Ibrahim, it was written as Ibrahim. My interview is not week. Pls help me with the way out. I am afraid to loose 64000
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by femredhead: 4:06pm On May 11, 2017
Someone should help me, I need details on :

1. How to get to US embassy from Ibadan, Oyo state (kindly describe in details).

2. How do I get to US embassy from Bariga (kindly describe how to board a taxi in details) and it will take how long to get there (distance).

Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by iyaaliyah: 4:15pm On May 11, 2017
Okay then.

Have you made such trip before? If yes, were you asked why you are back again within 6months? Thanks.

I greet everybody o.

nefertitiram:

Not at all. It's perfectly fine
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by iyaaliyah: 4:23pm On May 11, 2017
Femredhead, sorry, it is only Google that fit answer this your questions oh.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by JWTheocracy1: 5:08pm On May 11, 2017
aariwa:
my Dear brother you missed it all from where nefertitiram and Seyewest is coming from.

no one said I should lie on this. they just advised me on how I should go out presenting myself more better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by aariwa(m): 5:58pm On May 11, 2017
[quote author=seyewest post=56419913]

I don't think she's advising him to lie... He was presented with a some option and because he opened up about what is going with his situation maybe that was why we are trying to help him but I will advise him to cool down because the embassy will be waiting for him and he will probably be denied just because of the money sent through western union.[/quoteMItts not true.The money they sent to him is for him to visit them and not to stay behind,so its a very big plus to him.Many of you guys on this forum think that that because Mr A get visa by following a particular line everybody must follow same.Its not true.They only give visa when they see your purpose is genuine .There is no particular guideline or rule to follow to get a visa cos people's circumstances are not the same.
Any neutral and unbiased mind can deduce that the guys case is very good.He just needs 100% honesty
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 5:59pm On May 11, 2017
iyaaliyah:
Okay then.

Have you made such trip before? If yes, were you asked why you are back again within 6months? Thanks.

I greet everybody o.

Yes I have.

No I wasn't.

In fact my frequent trips helped me during my renewal interview after I had my baby. I had visited 3 or 4 times before delivery so I was seen as a genuine visitor
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 6:01pm On May 11, 2017
ibrocoast:
Pls help ooo... Seyewest, neferith, omobendel, lady G. et al.... I av filled and submitted ma Ds160 form (no mistake on that) and i noticed that while booking appointment i made a mistake on ma name instead of ibrahim, i mistakenly inputs ibarahim... Hope i wont be turn back on ma interview date.. Pls advise me on the step to take. Ma interview is nxt week

Send an email to technical support thru your profile (send feedback)/Add your passport page. They will sort it out.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by aariwa(m): 6:03pm On May 11, 2017
JWTheocracy1:
my Dear brother you missed it all from where nefertitiram and Seyewest is coming from.

no one said I should lie on this. they just advised me on how I should go out packaging myself more better which I still have facts to back up all they have said.

No.1 ; To say I'm going on a religious pilgrimage.
yes, a letter was sent to my local congregation here in Nigeria from our Head quarters in Warwick about those that would love to visit the New Headquarters which was officially opened for Tourism and visiting starting The first week of April. so if I state that I'm going on a Religious pilgrimage I'm still not wrong.

No.2; I received an invitation letter from a Christian family in Ohio which should be my sponsor. so, if I state them as host family instead of writing plainly that they are my sponsor, I'm still on point (not a lie).

No.3 I have a business of my own and also work with a company. which means that someone of my caliber has the ability to sponsor his self on a trip without even a sponsorship from a third party.

I understand there point of suggestions and I concur with them that what they suggested for me is the best way to package myself and still come out 100% honest.
well, I appreciate your contribution and concern. Gracias.
Well please follow it whichever way you like.Good luck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 6:03pm On May 11, 2017
JWTheocracy1:

no one said I should lie on this. they just advised me on how I should go out packaging myself more better which I still have facts to back up all they have said.

No.1 ; To say I'm going on a religious pilgrimage.
yes, a letter was sent to my local congregation here in Nigeria from our Head quarters in Warwick about those that would love to visit the New Headquarters which was officially opened for Tourism and visiting starting The first week of April. so if I state that I'm going on a Religious pilgrimage I'm still not wrong.

No.2; I received an invitation letter from a Christian family in Ohio which should be my sponsor. so, if I state them as host family instead of writing plainly that they are my sponsor, I'm still on point (not a lie).

No.3 I have a business of my own and also work with a company. which means that someone of my caliber has the ability to sponsor his self on a trip without even a sponsorship from a third party.

I understand there point of suggestions and I concur with them that what they suggested for me is the best way to package myself and still come out 100% honest.
well, I appreciate your contribution and concern. Gracias.

You can see now that it is all beginning to take shape. Just be confident this time and convince the VO with these facts.

Best of luck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by JWTheocracy1: 6:29pm On May 11, 2017
Thank You all Nefetitiram, seyewest and aariwa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by chaps1124: 7:04pm On May 11, 2017
Hello how am new here. So happy to join Nairaland. I have plan to visit US with my new wife. Our white wedding is coming up next 3 months and we are panning visiting US for our honey moon. We plan to spend 7 to 10 days there and return back to Nigeria. How possible it is to get visa. And what type of visa should we go for as this is our first time . I will be glad for any kind suggestion.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ibrocoast: 7:12pm On May 11, 2017
nefertitiram:

Send an email to technical support thru your profile (send feedback)/Add your passport page. They will sort it out.
Thanks for the response..... I hope it won't change my appointment date.
Just asking base on the experience you got I know you are not the person to rectify it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 7:24pm On May 11, 2017
ibrocoast:

Thanks for the response..... I hope it won't change my appointment date.
Just asking base on the experience you got I know you are not the person to rectify it.

No it wont
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 7:32pm On May 11, 2017
chaps1124:
Hello how am new here. So happy to join Nairaland. I have plan to visit US with my new wife. Our white wedding is coming up next 3 months and we are panning visiting US for our honey moon. We plan to spend 7 to 10 days there and return back to Nigeria. How possible it is to get visa. And what type of visa should we go for as this is our first time . I[b] will be glad for any kind suggestion[/b].

My first suggestion is that you read from page one of this thread. It has all the info you seek, and you will end up more prepared for a US visa application/interview/travel.
You will see that a lot depends on your ties to your home country.

My second suggestion is that after reading, you assess your circumstances, go for your visa; if you (and wifey) get US visas, have a lovely honeymoon in the USA. If not, you should visit Dubai and/or Seychelles, OR Kenya and/or Seychelles. Visa requirements for such places are normally stress-less, and with such trip(s), you build travel history as a couple.
Following from the above, don't pay for ticket and hotel in the US, until you have your US visas.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by chaps1124: 7:56pm On May 11, 2017
Thanks so much for your reply. But I think I have serious tie that will bring back to Nigeria. My wife is still app level students. And I have private company here in nigeria. I also have business in ghana. I have a private computer institute and farm/ poultry. I also have good statement of account which shows how money comes in and out. I have been to India and China on a business visa. So what's the chances of getting visa to spend our honeymoon in US. We will only spend just a week and come back Nigeria because of my business.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 8:23pm On May 11, 2017
chaps1124:
Thanks so much for your reply. But I think I have serious tie that will bring back to Nigeria. My wife is still app level students. And I have private company here in nigeria. I also have business in ghana. I have a private computer institute and farm/ poultry. I also have good statement of account which shows how money comes in and out. I have been to India and China on a business visa. So what's the chances of getting visa to spend our honeymoon in US. We will only spend just a week and come back Nigeria because of my business.

Great!
Happy reading.
@blued text: no one can tell you 100%. It is like a jollof rice question.
Just be honest and be prepared.
Wish you all the best.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:06pm On May 11, 2017
[quote author=aariwa post=56428433][/quote]
How can he convinced the V.O he did not beg them for the money.... You should know that when it comes to Nigeria they believe we are all fraudster and internet scammer.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 9:13pm On May 11, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
Bro. Be mindful of what you post here. The Abuja and Lagos VO's are on here. I know you do not wish to do anything illegal. A fellow nairalander was asked about nairaland - I do not wish to scare you but just to be mindful sha. Peace

Reason why I said he should calm down a little bit because the Embassy will be waiting for him.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by JWTheocracy1: 9:58pm On May 11, 2017
please friends after refilling my new DS-160 application, will I still have to upload a passport photograph before making the swap? I hope it won't affect my already booked appointment date which is next week? please I need an answer.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by JWTheocracy1: 10:09pm On May 11, 2017
seyewest:

Reason why I said he should calm down a little bit because the Embassy will be waiting for him.
seyewest:

okay, thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by ibrocoast: 12:05am On May 12, 2017
nefertitiram:

Hello nerfertitiram
Thanks for the earlier response. I have another queation to ask.
(1) i opened ma dashboard in the appointment portal. I click on feedback and have sent a mail to them that i want a correction of name on the appointment and i forgot to upload ma passport attached to the mail though i stated ma full name there and what i want them to correct. But i tried to see if i can resend the mail and attached ma passport but to no avail. Question is... Would they ignore it because i did not attach the passport?
What is the wait time to read from them.
Would they contact me via ma email or i will still need to log in to read theor response.
Thanks in anticipation. Awaiting ur response
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kaffy4tope(m): 5:38am On May 12, 2017
Morning house, is it true that US Lagos embassy have cancelled today's interviews due to system upgrade? I am not sure of this, but a friend living close to the embassy just informed me.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 6:45am On May 12, 2017
ibrocoast:

Hello nerfertitiram
Thanks for the earlier response. I have another queation to ask.
(1) i opened ma dashboard in the appointment portal. I click on feedback and have sent a mail to them that i want a correction of name on the appointment and i forgot to upload ma passport attached to the mail though i stated ma full name there and what i want them to correct. But i tried to see if i can resend the mail and attached ma passport but to no avail. Question is... Would they ignore it because i did not attach the passport?
What is the wait time to read from them.
Would they contact me via ma email or i will still need to log in to read theor response.
Thanks in anticipation. Awaiting ur response

They will send an email requesting for the passport page
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 6:47am On May 12, 2017
JWTheocracy1:
please friends after refilling my new DS-160 application, will I still have to upload a passport photograph before making the swap? I hope it won't affect my already booked appointment date which is next week? please I need an answer.

Yes. Upload passport photo.
Go to update profile and input the new ds160 number. Reprint the appointment page so that the barcodes will match the new ds160 number
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by JWTheocracy1: 8:33am On May 12, 2017
nefertitiram:

Yes. Upload passport photo.
Go to update profile and input the new ds160 number. Reprint the appointment page so that the barcodes will match the new ds160 number
Thank You.

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.