Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,549 members, 7,823,412 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (393) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1536869 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 4:39pm On May 13, 2017
If you are asked if you were refused by any country apart from the country you are applying for , it will be in your best interest to say the truth.

amanonymous:
Pls guys good evening. I wanna ask a question, if u were denied a visa to d united state. You knw that they usually stick a white paper @ d back of ur passport . Does dis affect your application to oda countries, wen u submit ur application, would the white paper @ d bck of ur passport pose a threat to denial of that application?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 4:51pm On May 13, 2017
JWTheocracy1:
Good afternoon Gurus in the house. please if I'm answered this question I promise not to ask about anything again.

my question is this; After filling a new DS-160 application form, do I have to sign and submit first before calling the embassy for a swap with already submitted application.?
please is a question of "yes" or "No"

please help a novice brother. seyewest , LadyG, Nefetitiram etc.
Yes you must do that before calling the embassy to swap it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by JWTheocracy1: 5:57pm On May 13, 2017
Thank You so much LadyG and Seyewest. question answered. no more asking.
lol... LadyG you dey mean oo.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 6:03pm On May 13, 2017
JWTheocracy1:
Thank You so much LadyG and Seyewest. question answered. no more asking.

lol... LadyG you dey mean oo.

I concur

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by keleks: 1:43am On May 14, 2017
I have been trying to post and I havent still gotten the hang of it yet. I am sorry if I am not supposed to quote someone. I and my family had our visa interview on friday and I just had to share our transcript. I learnt a lot from this forum.. I read from page 1 to the last page, it took me weeks mehn.
VO: hello good morning
Moring ma
VO :where are you going to?
I thought I heard "why are you going to the US" so I just replied... to attend a close friend's wedding. The vo had to ask why again, then I said Houston texas
VO: what do you do ma
I repied that i am a legal practitioner
VO: sir what do you do?
My hubby repied that he works in .....bleep bleep bank
VO: what excatly do you do for them?
Hubby said his duties as he filled it in his form
VO: how long have you been working?
I replied...... years
VO: sir how long have you been working
hubby replied.... years
VO: sir have you travelled before?
Hubby replied no... and said but my wife and daughter have been to dubai
Meanwhile my 3year old daughter have been trying to get her attention... she was just saying aunty aunty, the VO refused to answer her, she then sightly hit the glass to get her attention before the VO replied her and said Hi
All the while she was asking questions, she was just typing, she just looked up and gave us the white paper and told us to pick up our passports in 3days. The interview was less than a minute and I know its just God's grace. We filled the forms ourselves, all correct information, no lies. We will be spending 10days.
Hubby is super excited, he has aways said the first visa he will get will be the US visa lol. Its just my daughter and I that have travelled out of the country to dubai
No documents was checked, even thoughi have read here severelly that no documents will be asked. We took all our land and property documents lmao, bank statements and other irrelevant things.
we also didnt listen to the touts outside the embassy. It would have been a waste of time. We are super happy and please forgive my typos, feeling sleepy.
I cant wait to share our POE experience. God really favoured us.Thanks nairalanders. Looking for cheap airline tickets o, pls if you see for 27th of june biko holla.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 3:27am On May 14, 2017
'
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by JWTheocracy1: 6:21am On May 14, 2017
keleks:
I have been trying to post and I havent still gotten the hang of it yet. I am sorry if I am not supposed to quote someone. I and my family had our visa interview on friday and I just had to share our transcript. I learnt a lot from this forum.. I read from page 1 to the last page, it took me weeks mehn.
Moring ma
I thought I heard "why are you going to the US" so I just replied... to attend a close friend's wedding. The vo had to ask why again, then I said Houston texas
I replied...... years
hubby replied.... years
Meanwhile my 3year old daughter have been trying to get her attention... she was just saying aunty aunty, the VO refused to answer her, she then sightly hit the glass to get her attention before the VO replied her and said Hi
All the while she was asking questions, she was just typing, she just looked up and gave us the white paper and told us to pick up our passports in 3days. The interview was less than a minute and I know its just God's grace. We filled the forms ourselves, all correct information, no lies. We will be spending 10days.
Hubby is super excited, he has aways said the first visa he will get will be the US visa lol. Its just my daughter and I that have travelled out of the country to dubai
No documents was checked, even thoughi have read here severelly that no documents will be asked. We took all our land and property documents lmao, bank statements and other irrelevant things.
we also didnt listen to the touts outside the embassy. It would have been a waste of time. We are super happy and please forgive my typos, feeling sleepy.
I cant wait to share our POE experience. God really favoured us.Thanks nairalanders. Looking for cheap airline tickets o, pls if you see for 27th of june biko holla.
Congrats

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Damilare5882(m): 3:03pm On May 14, 2017
keleks:
Moring ma
I replied...... years
hubby replied.... years
congrats and I claim your grace

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:21pm On May 14, 2017
keleks:
Congrats

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by queenfav(f): 5:50pm On May 14, 2017
keleks:
Moring ma
I replied...... years
hubby replied.... years
wow... I tap into your grace ooo. This is just God! U just encouraged me in big way. The fear of denial is making me so skeptical about paying visa fees.N64, 000 no be small money especially in this era of change.. Lol. Congrats again.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by queenfav(f): 5:50pm On May 14, 2017
keleks:
Moring ma
I replied...... years
hubby replied.... years
wow... I tap into your grace ooo. This is just God! U just encouraged me in big way. The fear of denial is making me so skeptical about paying visa fees.N64, 000 no be small money especially in this era of change.. Lol. Congrats again,your family is very lucky.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 4:22am On May 15, 2017
Disputing visa procedure with an actual VO.
Some people road far

yinkslinks:
Sir I don't know if truly you are a VO or just a nickname but what I know is that if someone is going for a conference, he should go with his invitation letter should in case he/she is asked. I feel you comment should be you don't need an invite letter if you going on vacation. Truly those that want to show the VO things without being asked get less believe. It's advisable to go with all documents cus u never know what they will ask for. As for the passport, I have seen where a VO gave back the old passport without even looking at it. Those VO can have good and bad days that's all I see.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 4:23am On May 15, 2017
Pele.

I sympathize

VisaOfficer:

I give up

Regards,
VO

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 4:41am On May 15, 2017
Thanks VO. Many still won't learn.

I remember my first visa interview. I had multiple documents, including bank statements and all. But was still denied.

At that time, one could book multiple appointments. As a precaution, I had booked Lagos and Abuja a week or so apart. After my Lagos denial, went to Abuja, with no documents and was issued a visa.

Since then, been renewing with no documents required even before the Dropbox option until I got my Green Card last year.

VisaOfficer:

Well, that explains why he was so emphatic about needing documents. As stated earlier, we as VO's do not look at documents because it is so easy to get fraudulent ones. I suspect he was pushing his document business so that he can sell them to unsuspecting applicants.

To reiterate: we do not need any invitation letters, bank statements, or any other documentation. If you are a returning student, transcripts are nice and if you are going for medical care, we might review your correspondence with the clinic in the U.S. Old passports are always welcome. But none of that is required, per se. If we really want to see something, we will put your application on hold and ask you to send it to us for review.

You can choose to believe two actual visa officers who, together, have done more than 60,000 interviews, or you can believe a tout. Up to you.

Regards,
VO

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 5:20am On May 15, 2017
How hard can this be to understand?

TWoods:

Your post is a confused mishmash... let me try again... at the risk of being further abused by you of course...

1. If you had sat down to thoroughly read and understand I stated if given the B1 visa also the decision lies with the CBP for her to enter the US. - this is what you actually said - "Plans change just like the weather. If she has the B1 visa attached to her B2 visa, SHE HAS EVERY RIGHT TO ENTER THE US FOR MEDICAL REASONS". At no point did you reference the CBP.

2. I have the B1 visa attached to my B2 visa and at no POINT did medicals or health issue come up with my interview. So does that mean I 'fraudulently' acquired my visa. Does that mean I should discard the use of the B1 visa because I didn't ask for it or because it wasn't discussed in my interview? - Actually it seems you do not understand the issue at stake. First, the B1 and B2 visas are no longer separate but are now typically issued together. Whether you wish to go for vacation, business or medical procedures, you will always get the same B1/B2 visa. The difference is in what the VO puts in your record. This record is what CBP reads when you present yourself at the US border to apply for entry. Now if you obtained a B1/B2 visa based on coming for a vacation... when the CBP officer sees you, he/she asks you why you are here in the US. Once you state that you are here to birth (which would also be obvious by the size of your belly!), you immediately put yourself at a disadvantage because that is not what they see on their end as the basis for issuing you a visa by the VO! That is misrepresentation and you'd be lucky to be let in. Even if you get let in, the CBP officer will record that inconsistency against you... when next you apply to renew your visa, the VO interviewing you gets to read that CBP record and will base his decision to renew your visa or not on that.

In your case, your B1/B2 visa was obtained for vacation... as long as that remains your purpose when you get to a border of entry, you don't have an issue.

I think what typically gets lost in discussions like this is that other countries, unlike Nigeria, actually work on strict guidelines and laws. While everyone gets the B1/B2 visa, the bar you need to meet depends on what purpose you indicated at your visa interview. For a tourist visa, you need to prove that you are not an intending immigrant and you have enough ties to bring you back home. For a business visa, of course you'd need to prove that you have genuine business reasons, for medical purposes, the VO must ascertain that you have sufficient funds to pay for your procedure without recourse to public funds. Each time you obtain a visa for vacation and then turn up at the POE for birthing... the CBP officer knows that you did not meet the bar required to obtain the B1/B2 visa for medical reasons... it is why pregnant women get turned back from POEs all the time. I understand that this is hard to understand but not every country is like Nigeria where everything goes.

3. I will say it again, if she has the B1 visa merged with her B2 visa she can try her luck with entering into the US for childbirth purposes which is also a medical issue - I will repeat again... the B1 is a temporary BUSINESS visa and the B2 is a TOURIST visa... neither are specifically issued for medical reasons.

4. And it's sad that I am having this argument with someone that 'supposedly' lives in Yankee. - what is actually sad is that you don't even understand the meaning and/or terms of the visa you claim to have obtained. Considering i don't need visas to enter the US, its sadder that i know about them better than you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 5:21am On May 15, 2017
I was with you up until this point

TWoods:

People like you validate my decision to quit the zoo called Nigeria. we can blame our leaders all we want, but the problem with Nigeria is the culture and more importantly, its people. Good luck to you. You'll need it in spades.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 5:26am On May 15, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
Ladies and Gentlemen, a Nigerian Public University Graduate...don't forget to let us know how your interview went, so that you will know how irrelevant you are to us.

I was about to say the same. A university graduate writing this way. Even my 10 year old writes better
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 5:51am On May 15, 2017
constance234:

lol, i actually went to such parties back in the day, all we knew was he/she is relocating abroad. Just last week a friend told me of some guys experience at the POE, he threw a party after being granted B visa, and at the party a night before he travelled he took pictures and made videos on his phone. At the POE he was taken to secondary and upon going through his phone all videos and pictures from the "sendforth", text messages from friends and family wishing him well in his new abode were also found. Needless to say he still use the +234 prefix as we speak.

That clearly is intent and he got what he deserved.

Hahahahaha.

This is pure gold!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by 9jaStar: 5:56am On May 15, 2017
Imagine. So those of us wey don dey here nko?

seyewest:
lolzzzz after spending 10 days I just wan enter plane... actually my fun is in the plane and airport trip not necessarily the country reason I wanna visit to Japan and having like 2 to 3 stopovers. grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 6:55am On May 15, 2017
Wow! I missed the posts from visaofficer. Nice to have you back. Last I remember she was done with the west African posting and returned to her home country!!!

Lovely!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by JWTheocracy1: 11:39am On May 15, 2017
please help ooo! I'm in a very big problem now.

please immediately signing and submitted application electronically I realized that I did a mistake in the place of Birth. instead of Ezinihite I have in my passport i went and fill Aba(I don't know what I was thinking when I filled that) and have already submitted.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:04pm On May 15, 2017
JWTheocracy1:
please help ooo! I'm in a very big problem now.

please immediately signing and submitting my DS-160 application electronically I realized that I did a mistake in the place of Birth. instead of Ezinihite I have in my passport i stupidly went and fill Aba(I don't know what I was thinking when I filled that) and have already submitted. please what can I do now to rectify this and what's the problem involved in this. please You all should forgive me for this Distress call once more and help me.

sorry for the mistake.
Chai.. we don enter our own with you.. fill another form and submit it by the way remember to call the embassy to swap the old ds160 number with the new one.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by JWTheocracy1: 12:56pm On May 15, 2017
seyewest:

Chai.. we don enter our own with you.. fill another form and submit it by the way remember to call the embassy to swap the old ds160 number with the new one.
lol... thank you seye nwanne. I'm beginning to reason say na village people dey do me this. I will fill it immediately.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Pristinemind: 1:34pm On May 15, 2017
Good day house.I need your help.I work in my family biz as the manager and I also have a freelance profession where the income is irregular. I am thinking of leaving the form for money blank. Please house, what should I do?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 2:03pm On May 15, 2017
Pristinemind:
Good day house.I need your help.I work in my family biz as the manager and I also have a freelance profession where the income is irregular. I am thinking of leaving the form for money blank. Please house, what should I do?

And what do you intend to achieve by that if I may ask? Your average income monthly from all these sources should please, that's if you also won't ask how to calculate that one.... Okay, just divide your estimated annual income by twelve, not just any figure oh!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Shigoboy(m): 6:50pm On May 15, 2017
Evening gurus in the house, I'm having my interview tomorrow, a friend who had he's few days back just inform me I'll need a passport photograph and a specific size is required 15'15, please now geniew is this info? Cos I only have normal passport size with me...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by hodusglobal(m): 7:43pm On May 15, 2017
Shigoboy:
Evening gurus in the house, I'm having my interview tomorrow, a friend who had he's few days back just inform me I'll need a passport photograph and a specific size is required 15'15, please now geniew is this info? Cos I only have normal passport size with me...
The passport size is 2"x2"
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 8:42pm On May 15, 2017
Shigoboy:
you know you have to upload the picture before submitting it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by lymelyte(m): 10:58pm On May 15, 2017
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by def111(m): 1:26am On May 16, 2017
unalaoted:
Nice thread...please gurus I need ur 123 on ds
Wanna apply for Visiting visa
1- invite from my friend
2. Purpose of visa visiting and holiday
3. Single, last born of 5
4. Pharmacists working with a multinational coy in nigeria. ( good salary at least)
5. Travel history, France, Dubai, ivory coast and Ghana
6. Late Dad properties...

Guys I dey fear home time ooo.. Please I need ur 123 on ds. Thanks bosses

you have good travel history, you didn't say what you need. so just read little of this thread to know what you want
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Shigoboy(m): 3:26am On May 16, 2017
seyewest:

you know you have to upload the picture before submitting it.
Done that already

(1) (2) (3) ... (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.