Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,744 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (392) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1532160 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by JWTheocracy1: 1:07pm On May 12, 2017
please I need an urgent help!!! Nefetitiram, LadyG, Seyewest and any other guru in the house should please help.

please if I refill a New DS-160 form when I've already booked an appointment and wants to swap the new DS-160 form with the appointment already booked, will it affect my appointment date which i have scheduled already, and how will I go about it?

secondly; in my appointment confirmation script APPLICANT NAME:appears this way( e.g) ciroma Chukwuma adekunle.
APPOINTMENT MADE BY: adekunle ciroma chukwuma.
why is it showing in different forms? or is that how it should be in the appointment script or a mistake that must be corrected?
In my E-passport Adekunle(surname) comes first before my Given names. please what should I do about this?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 2:30pm On May 12, 2017
Bro. I think we have tried for you. There have been many instances of what you are asking about. Check through this forum. But wait, am beginning to suspect something.

JWTheocracy1:
please I need an urgent help!!! Nefetitiram, LadyG, Seyewest and any other guru in the house should please help.

please if I refill a New DS-160 form when I've already booked an appointment and wants to swap the new DS-160 form with the appointment already booked, will it affect my appointment date which i have scheduled already, and how will I go about it?

secondly; in my appointment confirmation script APPLICANT NAME:appears this way( e.g) ciroma Chukwuma adekunle.
APPOINTMENT MADE BY: adekunle ciroma chukwuma.
why is it showing in different forms? or is that how it should be in the appointment script or a mistake that must be corrected?
In my E-passport Adekunle(surname) comes first before my Given names. please what should I do about this. whats the danger if nothing is done about it before my interview.? please I need help asap.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Kodwavygod: 2:36pm On May 12, 2017
Please who knows about dependent visa, if one is attached with his parents as a dependant, what are the things to know so the chances of getting the visa with one's parents would be high
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 2:45pm On May 12, 2017
If you are 18 and above, your parents may get a visa but you may be refused. If you are under 18, the decision to give your parents a visa, also affects you. I don't think there is such a thing as "dependent visa", I may be wrong. My opinion.

Kodwavygod:
Please who knows about dependent visa, if one is attached with his parents as a dependant, what are the things to know so the chances of getting the visa with one's parents would be high
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Kodwavygod: 3:30pm On May 12, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
If you are 18 and above, your parents may get a visa but you may be refused. If you are under 18, the decision to give your parents a visa, also affects you. I don't think there is such a thing as "dependent visa", I may be wrong. My opinion.

I'm under 18
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nefertitiram: 4:14pm On May 12, 2017
Kodwavygod:

I'm under 18

your parents visa will affect/cover you.
Goodluck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by okechukwu101: 5:30pm On May 12, 2017
Please does emergency appointment for a medical visa exist? If there is, how fast is it?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by JWTheocracy1: 5:34pm On May 12, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
Bro. I think we have tried for you. There have been many instances of what you are asking about. Check through this forum. But wait, am beginning to suspect something.

nothing suspicious. I added up my monthly income from my private business because when I first submitted the first form I had only my basic salary from my other job so everything was added up and that's the reason I wanna resubmit this. just as I was advised to do.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by dgoodrich101: 5:39pm On May 12, 2017
Hello, Good day Everyone on Naira Land , Thank you all for the contribution and advice its been really helpful , May the Most High Crown all our efforts .

Please am a presently on vacation in the USA on B1/B2 Visa please i will like to know if it possible for one to apply for a canada tourist visa in the US while on vacation in the US.

Thank you and God bless
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Kodwavygod: 6:34pm On May 12, 2017
nefertitiram:

your parents visa will affect/cover you.
Goodluck
I made a mistake, I'm actually exactly 18 years
And is there any important thing i should know, to prepare for the interview
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by OmoBendel24: 6:55pm On May 12, 2017
dgoodrich101:
Hello, Good day Everyone on Naira Land , Thank you all for the contribution and advice its been really helpful , May the Most High Crown all our efforts .

Please am a presently on vacation in the USA on B1/B2 Visa please i will like to know if it possible for one to apply for a canada tourist visa in the US while on vacation in the US.

Thank you and God bless

Not this thread.... Search some others. You could start from here though https://www.nairaland.com/2103860/canada-visit-tourist-visa-discussion/118
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 7:02pm On May 12, 2017
Okay. I think you just need to prove that you will come back, I know that sounds weird, you are travelling with your parents, are now going to stay back in the US? - current academic program should do the trick, if not current employment should suffice, there are varying factors. IMHO.

Kodwavygod:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Kodwavygod: 7:39pm On May 12, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
Okay. I think you just need to prove that you will come back, I know that sounds weird, you are travelling with your parents, are now going to stay back in the US? - current academic program should do the trick, if not current employment should suffice, there are varying factors. IMHO.

Oh okay, I'm currently in school tho..my 3rd year. So i think that's a point right
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Zarerej: 7:39pm On May 12, 2017
Kodwavygod:

If you are 18 as at today, then by tomorrow you are 18+1day, therefore do the remaining maths and follow wetin KaptainAfrica tàlk

Goodluck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 7:49pm On May 12, 2017
Yeah it should be, have you travelled out before with your parents?

Kodwavygod:

Oh okay, I'm currently in school tho..my 3rd year. So i think that's a point right
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 8:52pm On May 12, 2017
Kodwavygod:

U made a mistake about your age? Ok!
For important things, read the thread. Every page is gold
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Kodwavygod: 9:18pm On May 12, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
Yeah it should be, have you travelled out before with your parents?

Oh, not at all..they haven't either, it's my brother in US processing the green card for my parents, so he listed me as a dependant
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Kodwavygod: 9:19pm On May 12, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

U made a mistake about your age? Ok!
For important things, read the thread. Every page is gold
Lol i know how it sounds, ma bad
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Farefare: 10:35pm On May 12, 2017
Hi all,
Been following this thread for a while now and would like to thank you all for your inputs. I and my kids had our interview yesterday May 11th and this is how it went:

VO: hello
Me: good morning ( then hand passports over)
VO: why do you want to travel to the united states
Me:for a family vacation this summer
VO: where are you going to in the states
Me: Orlando, Florida.
VO: are you gonna be staying with family, friends.....?
Me: with Family
VO: who?
Me: my aunt in-law,Mrs.......... more of a grandmother to my kids
VO: okay, is your husband travelling with you?
Me: yes he is; he already has a visa(shows her a copy of his visa)
VO:What do you do?
Me: I am.............
VO: what does your husband do?
Me: He ...............
VO: have you travelled out of the country before?
Me: No, I haven't
VO:How about within the country?
Me: yes
VO: as a family....?
Me: Yes
VO:has your husband ever travelled out of the country?
Me: yes
VO: where?
Me: America, South Africa & Dubai
VO: why didn't you and the kids apply for the US visa lottery with your husband?
Me: we weren't married, and the kids weren't born then either.
Note she was typing away on her PC in between the interview session.
She then turns to my son (11yrs old)
VO: is she your mother
Son: yes
VO: do you like your school?
VO: what class are you in?
Son: I am in JS2
VO: are your teachers nice or strict?
Son: they are nice
VO: okay, you have a best friend?
VO:What is his name?
Son: tomiwa & Ifeoluwa
VO continues typing away.looks up and hands over a white paper, visa granted and we should pick passports up on Tuesday at our choosen pickup point.
Note that questions relating to my husband were based on info from his own application (she pulled his up!) shocked
Thank God I was the one that filled the form and prepped him for his interview last yr based on this forums discussions.
I am most grateful to God & to you all.
Thank you.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 10:43pm On May 12, 2017
Farefare:
Hi all,
Been following this thread for a while now and would like to thank you all for your inputs. I and my kids had our interview yesterday May 11th and this is how it went:

Note that questions relating to my husband were based on info from his own application (she pulled his up!) shocked
Thank God I was the one that filled the form and prepped him for his interview last yr based on this forums discussions.
I am most grateful to God & to you all.
Thank you.

Congrats

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by def111(m): 11:18pm On May 12, 2017
Kodwavygod:

Oh, not at all..they haven't either, it's my brother in US processing the green card for my parents, so he listed me as a dependant

take your question to the right thread,
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by amanonymous(m): 12:04am On May 13, 2017
Pls guys good evening. I wanna ask a question, if u were denied a visa to d united state. You knw that they usually stick a white paper @ d back of ur passport . Does dis affect your application to oda countries, wen u submit ur application, would the white paper @ d bck of ur passport pose a threat to denial of that application?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Pristinemind: 8:03am On May 13, 2017
Good day house.I need your help.I work in my family biz as the manager and I also have a freelance profession where the income is irregular. I am thinking of leaving the form for money blank. Please house, what do you think of this?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Kodwavygod: 9:01am On May 13, 2017
def111:

take your question to the right thread,
Oh sorry, and what's the name of the right thread?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by soljid(m): 9:20am On May 13, 2017
Hello good ppl,
I need your assistance here. There is a page on this thread Lady G outlined and summarized most commonly asked questions and best ways to structure ones answer without leaving out salient points. I've spent up to two days looking for this post but no show. Kindly assist with page number of the post or paste it here.
Thanks in advance.
I hope you guys got the post I'm talking about.
Cc: Lady G
Cc: Justwise
Cc:Seyewest etc..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:28am On May 13, 2017
soljid:
Hello good ppl,
I need your assistance here. There is a page on this thread Lady G outlined and summarized most commonly asked questions and best ways to structure ones answer without leaving out salient points. I've spent up to two days looking for this post but no show. Kindly assist with page number of the post or paste it here.
Thanks in advance.
I hope you guys got the post I'm talking about.
Cc: Lady G
Cc: Justwise
Cc:Seyewest etc..
Most common questions and lnks in filling the form nd correcting errors not interview questons.
Page zero of the thread. The very ist page
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by soljid(m): 9:44am On May 13, 2017
Thanks for the response Lady G,
However, I'm aware of this. The post I was referring to had to do with sometimes when many people were denied and from their transcripts you noticed that probably they didn't answer those questions as concise as expected and you offered a better way to answer such questions.
You may not remember of course.

Thanks anyways.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by arclexical(m): 9:57am On May 13, 2017
Helo people!

Finally, I am in the US...came into this great country on Wednesday, the POE at JFK was quite cool and smooth!
I was asked basic questions like why are you here? How long are you staying? Then my bags were checked cos I declared I was with food...they collected my egusi- saying I should have grinded it, my chikki chikki noodles was also taken away from me-saying chicken or any product prepared with chicken isn't allowed into the US!

In all its been cool...but I am battling with the spring weather! The weather is like permanent AC. I stay in uptown Manhattan and its quite great here...the subway system is really confusing for me, missed my way yesterday ridding from Bronx to queens, thanks to the NYC subway map n google map!

Thanks to every one who has been contributing on this thread, I am able to narrate this because of your assistance!

Thanks once more to every one!

Th

14 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Farefare: 10:59am On May 13, 2017
seyewest:

Congrats

Thank you smiley
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by JWTheocracy1: 12:52pm On May 13, 2017
Good afternoon Gurus in the house. please if I'm answered this question I promise not to ask about anything again.

my question is this; After filling a new DS-160 application form, do I have to sign and submit first before calling the embassy for a swap with already submitted application.?
please is a question of "yes" or "No"
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by def111(m): 2:48pm On May 13, 2017
amanonymous:
Pls guys good evening. I wanna ask a question, if u were denied a visa to d united state. You knw that they usually stick a white paper @ d back of ur passport . Does dis affect your application to oda countries, wen u submit ur application, would the white paper @ d bck of ur passport pose a threat to denial of that application?

kindly remove and clean the stick from back of your passport since you didn't have the visa in your passport,...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 4:30pm On May 13, 2017
JWTheocracy1:
Good afternoon Gurus in the house. please if I'm answered this question I promise not to ask about anything again.

my question is this; After filling a new DS-160 application form, do I have to sign and submit first before calling the embassy for a swap with already submitted application.?
please is a question of "yes" or "No"

please help a novice brother. seyewest , LadyG, Nefetitiram etc.
All these questions. Are you an agent or something?
Yes. You have to submt before calling

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.