Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (459) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1533324 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bunmi284: 10:25pm On Jul 30, 2017
kolawoleoladipo:
Is your Visa still valid? Is your son applying with you or alone?

Yes my visa is still valid. I got d visa in 2016 when I was pregnant but couldn't travel due to early delivery so I applied for the10months old boy alone last week but was denied
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bunmi284: 10:48pm On Jul 30, 2017
bigbus:

LadyG and other gurus,
Bunmi284 has an old expired passport in her maiden name and an old valid US visa in her maiden name. Now, she has a new passport in her husband's surname. Does she need to reapply for a new US visa in her name? (I suppose the biometrics in each passport and on record can be used to recognize her, in spite of the name change: but it would be interesting to know if this is acceptable for the airline and the POE.) Does she need to travel will all evidence of change of name?

If she needs to, and does renew her visa into her new surname, I would suppose applying for a visa for her baby will be straightforward.

@bunmi284. There is also thought of "using the visa for the first time for the purpose for which it was issued". I suppose your visa was for issued for visiting, not birthing: so it is still valid for visiting. Changes in travel plans can be explained: the reasons are obvious from your first post. The only thing is getting a visa for your baby. My only suggestion is that you should consider making a trip before August 2018, though I have read here on NL that "not using a visa at all" does not lead to denial at renewing the visa. If you have gone and comeback in a timely manner, it may "help" the option of going with your baby in the future.

As someone said, the issue at hand seems to be convincing the VO that the child, is your child.
You understood all what I am talking about but DONT you think leaving d baby behind and I traveled with my old and new pp can call for more investigation at the Poe.?
Don't you think the baby might av been attached to my details on their system which will call for more suspicions coz I av changed my maiden name to my hubby's name and won't the system shows dat i left a not up to a year baby at home.?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:00pm On Jul 30, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
THE FACT THAT YOU WISH TO OBTAIN A US VISA, BY 'LINKING UP' WITH A GROUP, IS A VERY GOOD INDICATOR AS TO WHY, YOU WERE REFUSED 3/4 TIMES.
I DON'T THINK THEY STILL DO GROUP INTERVIEWS, OUTSIDE OF FAMILY INTERVIEWS.
IF YOU HAVE NO STRONG TIES TO NIGERIA, YOU WILL NOT GET A VISA. BUT THEN THAT'S AT THE DISCRETION OF THE VO.
SAVE YOUR MONEY.

Spot on....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bunmi284: 11:01pm On Jul 30, 2017
seyewest:

Why are you traveling to U.S? Is it for tourism,conference or medical tourism?
The reason for these question is that the V.O was expecting you to defend why you intend to visit Minnesota.

She asked why traveling and I told her for a short vacation.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Justice629(m): 12:50am On Jul 31, 2017
Good Morning Fellow Nairalanders!!!

Was denied student visa about 15yrs ago due to weak ties to home country, i never reaplied because i made a vow not to seek for any visa till when am capable of sponsoring myself.

Fast forwad to 2017, I own a successful business and my white wedding is next year febuary.

I and my wife intends to visit the US and the carribean for our honeymoon immedietly after the wedding, we intend to fix the interview date in october 2016.

My parents are immigrants based in usa and i also have a sister who is a citizen as well as her husband.

Please house i need suggestions and opinnions on the best way to approach this!!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by jamal080(m): 3:53am On Jul 31, 2017
pls do visa waiver still possible for british citizen to US? if yes whats the procedures and fees or any site to more understsnding....
thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by TWoods(m): 4:19am On Jul 31, 2017
jamal080:
pls do visa waiver still possible for british citizen to US? if yes whats the procedures and fees or any site to more understsnding....
thanks

Yup. There should be an ESTA website where you can apply to see if you can fly with a visa waiver to the US.

http://www.esta.us/uk.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ademat7(m): 4:35am On Jul 31, 2017
good day house

i applied for b1/b2 last year july(did d application process myself):my firm wanted to send me for training in the US,but was denied:The VO ask a question then "why were you chosen?" i told her my job(business development manager) is strategic to the growth of my company hence the need for capacity development but was issued a blue paper
fast forward to last week my director called me into his office and inform me he wanted me to reapply this month but in my mind the denial experience ring in my head like a bell,i told him to give me some time to think about it.
i need your help concerning my fears.

Cc:ladyG,Seyewest,justwise and other gurus
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cosade(m): 6:28am On Jul 31, 2017
Justice629:
Good Morning Fellow Nairalanders!!!

Was denied student visa about 15yrs ago due to weak ties to home country, i never reaplied because i made a vow not to seek for any visa till when am capable of sponsoring myself.

Fast forwad to 2017, I own a successful business and my white wedding is next year febuary.

I and my wife intends to visit the US and the carribean for our honeymoon immedietly after the wedding, we intend to fix the interview date in october 2016.

My parents are immigrants based in usa and i also have a sister who is a citizen as well as her husband.

Please house i need suggestions and opinnions on the best way to approach this!!

You didn't state if your parents are legal immigrants in USA or not. You should be prepared to answer questions in this respect especially how they got their permanent residence status, if they have. If they don't have, then don't bother to apply.

A newly wedded whose parents are in US so what would be your strong ties to Nigeria?
If you're not a frequent traveler, my suggestion would be to leave out US from your itinerary except you have a very thriving business here in Nigeria.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Habisoye: 8:09am On Jul 31, 2017
Agent don kill me oo.

Please Gurus in the house help me.

I decided to give the entire registration to an Agent because i did not know much abt us application, but i've gathered the money to travel for tourism. So an Inlaw in the us introduced him to me and he assured me he will fill the form appropriately all I need was to just give him all information he needs then i paid him just 40k to do it.

Where issue started coming up was when he put the same address on where to visit and where to stay in the US, I discovered this and he told me to use it like that. That there won't be problem I should just explain it's a human error, cos he has submitted already. But I wasn't satisfied, I was bothered and I posted it on nairaland and a suggested solutions were given to me by good Samaritans in the house which I was able to edit the form myself and scan to the embassy as instructed on Friday last week.

Now I want to make sure I prepare myself on the appointment confirmation portal so when the embassy calls back and ask me to update my profile I won't need to start calling the agent up and down, I wanted to make sure I have access to everything now since i've eventually been trained by my Nairaland good people.

Now the issue is, the agent forgot my password on my appointment portal, so he told me to clicked forgot password and a message appeared that a temporary password had been sent to my mail (yandex) which he created for me. when I decided to login to the yandex mail I told him to give me the password , he ended up given me a wrong password again. Now I'm blocked on my yandex mail and cannot sign in on my appointment portal.

Gurus in the house what can I do my interview is this Thursday.
I need to login on my appointment portal to be able to update my profile to correlate the barcode number on my ds-160 with my appointment confirmation page as I just made a correction on my ds-160 form and i have sent the scanned copy to embassy email with my data page since last week.

My suggested solutions are;
1. To send a mail to the embassy to help me redirect my temporary password to my new email address (if this can be possible)
2. Or to just make call to the embassy's number which I don't even have.
3. To ignore my new ds-160 form and go to the interview with the old one that has the same barcode with my appointment confirmation.

Please my nairalanders, u people have been helping since day1 to indirectly train me and to give me suggested solutions which were very helpful.
Please do not hesitate to help me on these too.

Please come to my rescue as my interview is this Thursday and I don't want to reschedule because of my annual leave interval.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Justice629(m): 9:23am On Jul 31, 2017
cosade:

You didn't state if your parents are legal immigrants in USA or not. You should be prepared to answer questions in this respect especially how they got their permanent residence status, if they have. If they don't have, then don't bother to apply.

A newly wedded whose parents are in US so what would be your strong ties to Nigeria?
If you're not a frequent traveler, my suggestion would be to leave out US from your itinerary except you have a very thriving business here in Nigeria.

They have permenent residence status and was processed by my sister while they were still in Nigeria.
My strong ties to Nigeria are my asserts and thriving business.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 9:29am On Jul 31, 2017
bunmi284:

You understood all what I am talking about but DONT you think leaving d baby behind and I traveled with my old and new pp can call for more investigation at the Poe.?
Don't you think the baby might av been attached to my details on their system which will call for more suspicions coz I av changed my maiden name to my hubby's name and won't the system shows dat i left a not up to a year baby at home.?

My opinion only. Having a baby in Nigeria is a tie. Shey, you dey back soon nao. abi? (I am assuming that your husband is not in the US.)
Since 10 months old may be too young to leave for a few weeks, wait till next year. If you have the cash for a trip now, visit Kenya or Dubai with your baby.
The US do take identity seriously. They issued visa to one name, another name is arriving at POE: prepare proving that you are one and the same person. You might want to seek clarifications about this from the gurus, and/or read/ask the VO thread about your circumstances.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 9:44am On Jul 31, 2017
Justice629:

They have permenent residence status and was processed by my sister while they were still in Nigeria.
My strong ties to Nigeria are my asserts and thriving business.

I suppose that by thriving business @cosade means something like owning a Microfinance Bank, Jumia or Shoprite or the likes.
Before applying, I will encourage you to read the pages of this thread from earlier this year, and self-assess. Assets can be sold off, a thriving business if it qualifies as a tie, remains only one tie.
My opinion: considering that you have family that are ties to the US, you need more than assets and business to demonstrate ties to Nigeria. You probably have those ties, but study your situation very well.

"Know thyself" ~ a saying of Delphi
"Man, know thyself" ~ attributed to Socrates

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Justice629(m): 10:01am On Jul 31, 2017
bigbus:

I suppose that by thriving business @cosade means something like owning a Microfinance Bank, Jumia or Shoprite or the likes.
Before applying, I will encourage you to read the pages of this thread from earlier this year, and self-assess. Assets can be sold off, a thriving business if it qualifies as a tie, remains only one tie.
My opinion: considering that you have family that are ties to the US, you need more than assets and business to demonstrate ties to Nigeria. You probably have those ties, but study your situation very well.

"Know thyself" ~ a saying of Delphi
"Man, know thyself" ~ attributed to Socrates
Why would one sell off assets with a value in tens of millions with a thriving business for an escape to USA to become illegal immigrant? that will be a foolish decision

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 11:46am On Jul 31, 2017
People have abandoned their families and become illegal immigrants in the US. Nothing new under the sun.

Justice629:

Why would one sell off assets with a value in tens of millions with a thriving business for an escape to USA to become illegal immigrant? that will be a foolish decision
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by aragonbaba(m): 1:06pm On Jul 31, 2017
please house, i will like to travel to ghana by bus with my international passport two days before my visa interview this week.i have a virgin passport and will like it stamped this period. Will this travel boost my chances of getting a visiting visa, i have a good paying job with an income stream of 500k per month. please i need your honest response on this.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by constance234: 1:34pm On Jul 31, 2017
aragonbaba:
please house, i will like to travel to ghana by bus with my international passport two days before my visa interview this week.i have a virgin passport and will like it stamped this period. Will this travel boost my chances of getting a visiting visa, i have a good paying job with an income stream of 500k per month. please i need your honest response on this.
Do not embark on that journey, it is of no value to your visa application. It will do more harm, and no good.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 2:40pm On Jul 31, 2017
constance234:

Do not embark on that journey, it is of no value to your visa application. It will do more harm, and no good.
Listen well to this advice. Unless u just have money for a vacation. In which case me the vo will wonder how many vacations you take in a year....

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by tey234: 2:42pm On Jul 31, 2017
aragonbaba:

You don't need to get your passport stamped; that would only make the VO suspicious of your travel motives. A lot of people actually got their first USA visa on a virgin passport.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 3:07pm On Jul 31, 2017
Ademat7:
good day house

i applied for b1/b2 last year july(did d application process myself):my firm wanted to send me for training in the US,but was denied:The VO ask a question then "why were you chosen?" i told her my job(business development manager) is strategic to the growth of my company hence the need for capacity development but was issued a blue paper
fast forward to last week my director called me into his office and inform me he wanted me to reapply this month but in my mind the denial experience ring in my head like a bell,i told him to give me some time to think about it.

The question is this : Have you traveled out since the last denial? How long have you been working with the firm? How much do you earn per month and lastly why were you chosen for this conference?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 31, 2017
Hello all,
my hubby is sponsoring my kids and I to the us on vacation though my junior sister, who's a green card holder lives there but I don't want go through her. please house, when is the best time to go on family vacation and what are the necessary documents I will need, and what are my chances of getting the visa?

also I have being checking out tour sites, Florida seems okay though quite expensive. do I have to book ahead for the hotel?

please I need your enlightenment on this

thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 3:22pm On Jul 31, 2017
People have gotten visa's without travelling out of Nigeria. Going to Ghana two days before your interview ?! That does not make sense. You have a job with 500k as income, I think that's good enough! Be honest and be confident, that's all good.

aragonbaba:

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 3:23pm On Jul 31, 2017
Read from Page 1. All you have asked, have been answered thoroughly.

Fame333:
Hello all,
my hubby is sponsoring my kids and I to the us on vacation though my junior sister, who's a green card holder lives there but I don't want go through her. please house, when is the best time to go on family vacation and what are the necessary documents I will need, and what are my chances of getting the visa?

also I have being checking out tour sites, Florida seems okay though quite expensive. do I have to book ahead for the hotel?

please I need your enlightenment on this

thanks

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 3:25pm On Jul 31, 2017
1. How long have you worked there?
2. Do you have strong ties to Nigeria? what are your strong ties?
3. Have you applied for a US Visa before this application?

Ademat7:
good day house

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ewedusoup(m): 3:48pm On Jul 31, 2017
Please do anyone know the contact address of Nigerian embassy in New York
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by abujaniv: 3:54pm On Jul 31, 2017
If you were issued a visa in 2015 you were ten printed. It is a mandatory step for a first visa.

monistick:
My husband and I applied for a visit visa in 2015 and we used the visa this year. Now am trying to renew mine alone since he is on his MBA in another country. I was asked if I have ten printed, but I cannot remember, if it was only my husband that ten printed or the two of us. Please what do I do?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nigeriainfo: 4:16pm On Jul 31, 2017
hello house, please is it possible to tell the V. O that one is going to U. S for medical reason and Vacation? if the person is genuinely going for medical treatment in U.S. can the person combine both. ie family vacation and medical in U.S when answering the question?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ademat7(m): 4:42pm On Jul 31, 2017
seyewest:

The question is this : Have you traveled out since the last denial? How long have you been working with the firm? How much do you earn per month and lastly why were you chosen for this conference?
1.No
2.3yrs now
4.capacity development (to train others)
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ademat7(m): 4:43pm On Jul 31, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
1. How long have you worked there?
2. Do you have strong ties to Nigeria? what are your strong ties?
3. Have you applied for a US Visa before this application?

2.signatory to telecom mast agreement,own 2plots of land
1.3yrs
3.yes,denied
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 4:46pm On Jul 31, 2017
nigeriainfo:
hello house, please is it possible to tell the V. O that one is going to U. S for medical reason and Vacation? if the person is genuinely going for medical treatment in U.S. can the person combine both. ie family vacation and medical in U.S when answering the question?

Medical tourism, yes. But you must have strong reasons for choosing US over other countries with good health care systems. Of course, after medical treatment, you will need some time to recuperate and perhaps have follow-up consultations.
Medical + Vacation looks odd to me; vacation is fun, medical is some illness. No, they don't add up. ~My opinion only.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by bigbus: 4:50pm On Jul 31, 2017
Ewedusoup:
Please do anyone know the contact address of Nigerian embassy in New York

Sir/Madam, Google knows. Google is your friend. undecided

10017 NY, 828, 2nd Avenue. Please, more effort. lipsrsealed
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 5:14pm On Jul 31, 2017
aragonbaba:
if truly your income is in the region of N500k per month why risk a journey to Ghana by road?
That journey if you eventually take it will be a minus instead of plus.. by the way have you traveled out of Nigeria before? if not why now when it's a few days to your interview.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.