Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,744 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 2 - Travel (460) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 2 (1536330 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) ... (541) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 5:21pm On Jul 31, 2017
Ademat7:

1.No
2.3yrs now
4.capacity development (to train others)

Not traveling out to other countries is a disadvantage but not necessarily a denial... I believe if you take your time in filling the form and get to know everything about the conference... you should be good.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by yankison(m): 5:26pm On Jul 31, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
THE FACT THAT YOU WISH TO OBTAIN A US VISA, BY 'LINKING UP' WITH A GROUP, IS A VERY GOOD INDICATOR AS TO WHY, YOU WERE REFUSED 3/4 TIMES.
I DON'T THINK THEY STILL DO GROUP INTERVIEWS, OUTSIDE OF FAMILY INTERVIEWS.
IF YOU HAVE NO STRONG TIES TO NIGERIA, YOU WILL NOT GET A VISA. BUT THEN THAT'S AT THE DISCRETION OF THE VO.
SAVE YOUR MONEY.

I have been told its for a conference ,so we will be going in group for the interview ,please has anyone gone for a conference or know how they decide on the group thing

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by yankison(m): 5:29pm On Jul 31, 2017
I have been told its for a conference ,so we will be going in group for the interview ,please has anyone gone for a conference or know how they decide on the group thing
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ewedusoup(m): 5:29pm On Jul 31, 2017
Thanks, have done that,I called their customer services number busy,I think I will check later thanks once again.

Sir/Madam, Google knows. Google is your friend. undecided

10017 NY, 828, 2nd Avenue. Please, more effort. lipsrsealed[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 6:03pm On Jul 31, 2017
Again, if the conference isn't relevant to your field or job, its a red flag. Even in government delegation to the UN in New York, applicants are interviewed individually. Only families are interviewed as a group, but then each applicant has to qualify based on individual merit.

yankison:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Ademat7(m): 7:36pm On Jul 31, 2017
Alright bro
seyewest:

Not traveling is a disadvantage but not necessarily a denial... I believe if you take your time in filling the form and get to know everything about the conference... you should be good.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by cosade(m): 8:04pm On Jul 31, 2017
Ademat7:

1.No
2.3yrs now
4.capacity development (to train others)

If I were the VO, I will take the same decision.

A business development manager earning less than $600 per month can't be so strategic to the growth of his company, except it's a one-man business. Why would your company want to invest more than your six months salary in training you overseas when you would be better off with a salary raise and train you locally?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 31, 2017
Do i have better chances applying for a B1/B2 visa together with my husband or applying alone? Its our wedding anniversary soon and we intend spending it with my cousins there. I still share same surname with my cousin(ive not changed my name) and i have letter of invitation from her..... I and my spouse have businesses here .... Will applying together improve or mar our chances?? Advice pls
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by DereI(f): 11:10pm On Jul 31, 2017
Hello all, good evening. For those who have travelled to canada on visit visas, how were you able to ship your foodstuffs (Palmoil,Garri,etc)? A friend of mine is going to Canada and USA on visit and needs a ''Genuine'' company who deals on shipping foodstuffs to enable them carry foodstuffs to the people hosting them while on visit. If you have any, kindly let me know. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by jamesmdouble: 12:55am On Aug 01, 2017
Please can someone help me with a Marine Engineering related conference between November And January in USA

Thanks
Best regards
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by jamesmdouble: 12:59am On Aug 01, 2017
Secondly.. Can I still schedule appointment for August this week?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 2:57am On Aug 01, 2017
Hello House ,
I will like to ask some basic questions about B1 US visa, I have been to the United states in 2012 on a B1 visa and returned after the 1 month conference ever since then i haven't been to the USA. Now i have my own company and i am planning to go on same conference but something is changing cos i will like to go with my secretary this time around and she have been denied a US visa before. i saw a column where to add if someone is going to be travelling with me and input the name, BUT i am confused about some information i am missing. example": Will my secretary fill a separate DS-160 form? will she pay for A visa fee? and if shes going to fill another ds 160 form how can she go about it. I will be glad if i can get a swift reply about this cos time is running out.

Thanks and Happy New Month
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by capsie18: 6:23am On Aug 01, 2017
bhu
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kolaekundayo(m): 6:51am On Aug 01, 2017
I just filled my application for b1 & b2, to visit a friend during my annual leave (Sept & Oct). My interview appointment is Sept. pls what are d likely questions
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:04am On Aug 01, 2017
Igeoluwatobi:
Hello House ,
I will like to ask some basic questions about B1 US visa, I have been to the United states in 2012 on a B1 visa and returned after the 1 month conference ever since then i haven't been to the USA. Now i have my own company and i am planning to go on same conference but something is changing cos i will like to go with my secretary this time around and she have been denied a US visa before. i saw a column where to add if someone is going to be travelling with me and input the name, BUT i am confused about some information i am missing. example": Will my secretary fill a separate DS-160 form? will she pay for A visa fee? and if shes going to fill another ds 160 form how can she go about it. I will be glad if i can get a swift reply about this cos time is running out.

Does she intend to be issued a visa? If yes will they give it to her free? If she didn't fill a de 160 how will she appear for the interview?
Do your self a solid and actually read the US embassy website. All your questions are answered
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:07am On Aug 01, 2017
kolaekundayo:
I just filled my application for b1 & b2, to visit a friend during my annual leave (Sept & Oct). My interview appointment is Sept. pls what are d likely questions
The transcripts posted here contain the likely questions....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:14am On Aug 01, 2017
capsie18:
Hello house,
I have been trying to apply for a US family visa to no avail. Anyone with a suitable link for a US family visa application
Thank you
Probably because there is nothing like a family visa for the US. There are various categories of visas
. Go through the website and choose the one that best suits your purpose. On this thread We discuss B visas
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:20am On Aug 01, 2017
Cubes01:
Do i have better chances applying for a B1/B2 visa together with my husband or applying alone? Its our weudding anniversary soon and we intend spending it with my cousins there. I still share same surname with my cousin(ive not changed my name) and i have letter of invitation from her..... I and my spouse have businesses here .... Will applying together improve or mar our chances?? Advice pls
The truth is that no one can tell you your chances. The vo will evaluate your ties both as individuals and as a couple and decide whether you guys are likely to come back.
I advice you to read the thread and pay particular emphasis to what constitutes ties. Then check off the list with what your ties are and self evaluate before you pay the visa fees
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by babababa1: 9:30am On Aug 01, 2017
I was just denied a tourist visa this morning. The transcript goes thus:

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning
VO: Collected and scanned passport and busy typing
VO: you are going to Houston Tx?
Me: Yes
VO:Where do you work?
Me:bla via
VO:What do you do there
Me: Finance officer, I do bla bla bla
Vo: okay
Vo:Are you married
Me:Yes
Vo: do you have children
Me:Yes 2children
Vo: keep typing
Vo: what are you going to Houston for
Me: for vacation
Vo: where do you intend to go
Me: to visit the space centre and the museum district
Vo: are you going with your family
Me: no. My wife leave was not granted

And that's all. I was denied under section 214 (b).

However, I filled I would be staying with a relative, cousin in Houston. Also I was previously denied DV 2014 visa on the basis of inability to convince the VO of a bona fide relationship with my wife. My only son then was not enough for them to authenticate my valid marriage.

Please gurus, what could be wrong.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by LadyGuinivere: 9:42am On Aug 01, 2017
@bababa if you said you were previously denied visa because you could not convince them you were married, you have to cross that hurdle of suspected misrepresentation before you can ever be every issued a US visa.
You got a clue here.... Why are you not applying with madam...
Next time apply with the family. Though if neither of you have travel history, I would advice you to get that first and not Ghana o!

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 01, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Does she intend to be issued a visa? If yes will they give it to her free? If she didn't fill a de 160 how will she appear for the interview?
Do your self a solid and actually read the US embassy website. All your questions are answered
Thanks like I said there is a portion where they asked me if anyone is going with me . I just want to know how she will fill her DS-160 form
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by nigeriainfo: 10:22am On Aug 01, 2017
bigbus:

Medical tourism, yes. But you must have strong reasons for choosing US over other countries with good health care systems. Of course, after medical treatment, you will need some time to recuperate and perhaps have follow-up consultations.
Medical + Vacation looks odd to me; vacation is fun, medical is some illness. No, they don't add up. ~My opinion only.
thank you for the information. but am saying what if someone has every documents and appointment from the hospital in U.S. will the reason be medical tourism or what? please explain better. thank you in advance
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by KaptainAfrika: 11:21am On Aug 01, 2017
A FATHER THAT LEAVES HIS FAMILY TO GO FOR VACATION IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. APPLY WITH YOUR FAMILY NEXT TIME. ("I was previously denied DV 2014 visa on the basis of inability to convince the VO of a bona fide relationship with my wife." . I AM JUST GUESSING WHAT THE VO MUST HAVE BEEN THINKING

babababa1:
I was just denied a tourist visa this morning. The transcript goes thus:

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning
VO: Collected and scanned passport and busy typing
VO: you are going to Houston Tx?
Me: Yes
VO:Where do you work?
Me:bla via
VO:What do you do there
Me: Finance officer, I do bla bla bla
Vo: okay
Vo:Are you married
Me:Yes
Vo: do you have children
Me:Yes 2children
Vo: keep typing
Vo: what are you going to Houston for
Me: for vacation
Vo: where do you intend to go
Me: to visit the space centre and the museum district
Vo: are you going with your family
Me: no. My wife leave was not granted

And that's all. I was denied under section 214 (b).

However, I filled I would be staying with a relative, cousin in Houston. Also I was previously denied DV 2014 visa on the basis of inability to convince the VO of a bona fide relationship with my wife. My only son then was not enough for them to authenticate my valid marriage.

Please gurus, what could be wrong.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:29am On Aug 01, 2017
Igeoluwatobi:
Hello House ,

She will need to pay for her visa fees which is N64000 even a day old baby will pay for it.
She will fill her own DS160 form truthfully and yes both of you will input the name of your traveling partner in the travel companion section.
You need to do a little research on how to go about it and maybe go through this thread it won't hurt you at all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kaynine59(m): 11:31am On Aug 01, 2017
Please I need an urgent advice for this thanks...

kaynine59:
Please gurus I have a question oh.. In my interview I said I was going to New York.... But I want to fly to Los Angeles or Seattle cos it's closer to where am going gan gan ... NY far from this place. About 9hrs again by air. Will I be asked at the POE about this? Onto in my ds160 I have NY as destination and am landing at LA/Seattle or it doesn't matter? ... Any advice wld be highly appreciated...daalu nu
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:31am On Aug 01, 2017
capsie18:
Hello house,
I have been trying to apply for a US family visa to no avail. Anyone with a suitable link for a US family visa application
Thank you
There's no family Visa instead there are different type and kind of visa but the one treated here are listed below.
Visiting visa, Business visa and Medical visa..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kaynine59(m): 11:35am On Aug 01, 2017
Seyewest baba abeg help me with my question.... Thanks.. I hail oh
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:38am On Aug 01, 2017
kaynine59:
Please I need an urgent advice for this thanks...

You have a reason for landing in another city instead of the one you filled in your Ds160 form.. The reason you're landing in another airport is the reason you have to explain at the POE.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kaynine59(m): 11:40am On Aug 01, 2017
Choice... Do u advice I land wia I filled or anoda city... Cos na based on money matter... Booking from. NY to LA go cost me anoda 150k...nna it isn't easy
seyewest:
You have a reason for landing in another city instead of the one you filled in your Ds160 form.. The reason you're landing in another airport is the reason you have to explain at the POE.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 11:45am On Aug 01, 2017
kaynine59:
Choice... Do u advice I land wia I filled or anoda city... Cos na based on money matter... Booking from. NY to LA go cost me anoda 150k...nna it isn't easy

If that was your reason then why choose NY in the first place? by the way why are you going to U.S? what did you filled in your form?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by kaynine59(m): 11:49am On Aug 01, 2017
For tourism that's what I filled. Can I say I changed my mind to visit LA instead... Nna na wa sha... Dis tin sef wagala too much
seyewest:

If that was your reason then why choose NY in the first place? by the way why are you going to U.S? what did you filled in your form?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 2 by seyewest(m): 12:17pm On Aug 01, 2017
kaynine59:
For tourism that's what I filled. Can I say I changed my mind to visit LA instead... Nna na wa sha... Dis tin sef wagala too much
If that's the case... you can change your POE and have a good reason for choose California over New york.. all in all you're good to go.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) ... (541)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General South Africa Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.